Cedar Fair Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Cashier/back line work (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 23, 2016
Working for and amusement park is fun you get to meet people from all over, and different backgrounds. Outstanding place to work as long as you enjoy being outside
Cons
THE WEATHER
Fun but needs work
Food and Beverage Attendant/ Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
IN the food and beverage department, the supervisors could be more organised and communicate with each other and their employees.
Pros
Free admission to the park and discount on everything
Cons
short lunch breaks
It was fun and interesting
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 15, 2016
I got to run every store in the park, befriend with a bunch of employees from throughout the work place and meet tons of people.
Pros
everyone was always friendly
Flexible workplace, great to meet different cultures
Housing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 26, 2016
Working with Cedar Fair has been a rewarding experience. Each year I get to meet and work with students from all over the world. I've learned to be more open and have grown as a person from my experience with the company. Cedar Fair has lots of room for growth and moving up in the ranks. I was promoted in my first year in a new department.
Pros
flexible hours, growth and promotion, co workers
Cons
seasonal
over all
Lifeguard/Screamster (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 20, 2016
Being an employee at Cedar Fair is a win loose i had no Problem being a Screamster it was fun they treated me like family. it was enjoyable and id love to do it again

But anywhere else there were always favorits and i would work 100 hours a week when i was a lifeguard and had almost no way of going anywhere else work was all i did. some of my co workers were ok but i could tell who was the favorit.
Pros
meeting new people/ a rec senter for employees/ discouts
Cons
long hours, dident really get a break because of short staff. managers were hardly around.
Fun environment, constant moving all day
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 15, 2016
A typical day was usually prepping and making food all day for the customers. We tried our best to keep the lines short and get the guest happy. Unfortunately that isn't always the case but we always kept a smile on our face. As assistant team leader I dealt with all the money. Counted the money is the money room, set the tills up, gave the associates change when needed and counted and locked the money up for the day and sent it to the money room. The hardest part was dealing with thousands of customers per day since it was a amusement park.Most enjoyable is meeting a lot of friends you can communicate with outside of work and making a friendship.
Pros
Free access to the park, hours
Cons
Only a summer position
Fun & Educational Workplace with Great Co-workers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day includes setting up a large line of cones for traffic flow, riding a bike around to patrol the parking lot, and standing at posts sometimes. Each rotation lasts about 45 minutes and involves a great learning experience. Co-workers are great as well, everyone is extremely friendly and welcoming. It's very easy to make new friends. Some of the management can be difficult to work with but the others make up for that.
Outdoor work with high rewards
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 5, 2015
Working for this company made me feel happy and excited. I was able to help customers every day and give them the "best day experience"!
easy work
Area supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 18, 2015
it was an easy job and easy work outside which i love a fun enviroment lots of different people employee ride night best work experience ever
Pros
outside work
review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 12, 2015
very well oriented place. having to attend families is always heart warming. the con about the place is that its only seasonal, when winter comes i wouldn't have a job.

Want to know more about Cedar Fair?

Ask a question
Giving the best experience to the guests of Cedar Fair
Team Leader Raptor Coaster (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 29, 2015
While working for this industry I have learned so much about safety, customer service, and being a team player. This company inspires me to give the Best Day Experience for every customer every time.
If you work her NEVER go in merch
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 7, 2015
This was by far the worst company to work for. You know you are disposable in this company. You will only advance if your in the right clique. Managers are childish and they talk behind your back. They only value you if you are international
Pros
Free park entry
Work life at Cedar Point
Ride Host/ Sweep (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJuly 8, 2015
Hundreds of seasonal employees looking to generally "have fun" for the duration of a summer. I was one of the exceptions. I was given as many hours as I could keep my eyes open.

A typical day on sweeps consisted of arriving at the park at 7am. Clocking in. Then walking non-stop with only two 15 minute breaks and a half hour unpaid lunch. The walking on cement under the sun all day was great for conditioning, although the minimun wage, no overtime pay regardless of working 70+ hours per week was brutal.
12-14 hour shifts, 15-20 miles per day on your feet. It was boot camp with horrible pay, no benefits, and you are your own drill sargent.

As a ride host things were a bit more relaxed. You have a crew to communicate with throughout the day. Interactions with guests were enjoyable. Rotating positions made the day go by faster. A ride host has the ideal job for any Cedar Fair Park. Hours are still abundant and the work is much more pleasing.

Housing was much like college living. I had two roommates from Beijing, China. Jungchoo a.k.a. Allen, and Youdafay. The only hastle was transportation if you have no car. I biked everywhere and caught a ride from co-workers as needed.
Pros
Cheap housing with beach and park access. Plenty of experiance to be had.
Cons
Pay, no overtime, short breaks, seasonal, physically demanding.
Fun place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2015
The place is fun to work at because of the rides and the people you meet, but some of the people I met were less than friendly. Working outdoors should be like you expect. some days are scorching hot and humid other days are dry and cold. management was hard to talk to since they are busy walking around to other parts of the park.
Pros
enter fair for free
Cons
No discounts
Great Place to work
Games Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2015
A typical day is filled with fun and we strive to provide the best day ever for our guests, I learned customer service skills and cash handling skills, Management is great,. My co-workers are great to work with and they are friendly the hardest part of the job is being outside. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see guests have fun.
Awsome Job
Screamster (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 12, 2015
This job was seasonal, just during the Halloween season. I was responsible for dressing up and wearing makeup. My job required me to scare customers going through the haunted attractions. this was the best job I have ever had.
A fun working enviorment
admissions (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2015
A typical day at work would be greeting customers and welcoming customers at the gate of world of fun scan their tickets and making sure it goes through and also performing good customer service.
Pros
Free admission into any cedar fair amusement park.
Cons
very hot
Manager
Food and Beverage- Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
Work hours and long but we manage to have a lot of fun in our work day. We understand that their are rules and we always abide by them. The management is understanding of the high stress environment and allows us to work hard and play hard.
Fun Work Place
Labor (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 25, 2015
It was a enjoying day at work. The workplace is cool to work in. My coworkers are all fun to be around. Am so happy that i got the job.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
not the best place
Merchandise game sales (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 15, 2015
hot dreary supervisors want you to do most of their job and your not getting paid for it. hardest part is trying to get people to play your game. its very unfair how they work you like slaves but only pay you 7.25
Pros
didnt have to pay for park admission
Cons
doing work your not getting paid to do

2.9