Cedar Fair Employee Reviews

Manipulative
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJune 17, 2017
I was a Hostess/Busser. I enjoyed working for Cedar Fair-Perkins. I did not like how my pay was not matching up with how many hours I work. I would work overtime and not get paid for it. They charge me for living in their housing which was not bad at all unless you don't like A/C. There were constantly bugs in the bathrooms in the housing. I only got 10% discount which only takes a few cents off of the price and I still have nothing by the end of the week. I would work an extra 3 hours, leave, and go to my next shift. I was always exhausted, even the customers saw it in my eyes even though I thought I was not showing it.
Pros
Discounts, Free entry into park, tickets for family
Cons
manipulate hours, work overtime
Productive place with friendly associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work is working in a stressful environment with cash being pushed at you frequently. I've learned to have patience and handle money. I would say the hardest part was when everyone would be yelling for the team to work faster.
Fun
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandusky OhioMay 26, 2017
Cedar Fair is a fun place to work. They work you long hours, it wouldn't benefit people from out of town. They have a lot of nice people working there. You will always make friends
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Constant work
fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Nice place to work for summer job. Employees are nice and friendly. Management is great and they have different types of jobs for everyone. Hardest part of job is probably the heat.
mehhhh
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2017
I strongly suggest if you are thinking about working in an amusement park then you're going to find that there are shady things. I worked here throughout highschool and let me say, it makes me glad knowing that I'll never have to ever work there again.
My time in Cedar Fair was not all that great.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 24, 2017
Even though my time in Cedar Fair was not great, I've met the best coworkers ever there. My coworkers and I made work more enjoyable than what it really was.
Pros
Get to go in Knotts for free.
Cons
Employees don't really get treated nicely.
productive workplace with fun people and fun employee activities
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VAMarch 26, 2017
Working as a lifeguard there was one of the best things that's happened to me because i was doing something that i loved, helping people. I loved it !
Pros
Discounts on park entry
Cons
Short breaks
Fun working place with happy people
Buena Park - Park Character/Escort (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 17, 2017
The day spent at work consisted a lot of smiling and fun. I learned how to control a line and assert guest. The management could have been a bit more organized.The workplace environment was always a great enthusiastic one.
Pros
long breaks, free enterance
Cons
drama, heat regulations
Fun and great experiences
Kings Island Associate/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJanuary 21, 2017
It was a good first job for me. It gave you all the experiences you need for a first job. The people who you worked with were amazing. You have a lot of opportunities to be promoted
Dream Job
Seasonal SFX Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 19, 2017
I always had fun. I was up on my feet for 10+ hours but didnt care. I loved being in the studio and doing makeup while talking and meeting so many nice people. We would always have a small party and celebrate the different houses and the people who worked hard to bring it together.
Pros
nice pay, great people, new materials
Cons
cleaning, weather
Good experience
Dock Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of light physical labor such as cleaning the docks, refueling boats, and preforming pump-outs. Much of my time spent was talking to guests while they waited to be refueled. Cedar Point's Marina is the busiest marina on lake erie however, demand was extremely volatile due to weather and local events. I know management could have done a better job at limiting the amount of staff on the dock as we always had to many employees on the clock. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests and my co-workers.
Unorganized
Housing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870December 4, 2016
The management was very unorganized and focused on things that were not very important. Training was non existant.
The pay was not good. Working with some of the young people there was a challenge. It was assumed I knew what to do and when. No training to speak of
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time with cedar fair it was a great experience. I would suggest that others work there. I thought my crew was the best crew ever.
Amazing enviroment to work in, frendly staff
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  DoswellOctober 21, 2016
Being in charge with the safety and providing information to the guests
Organising the lifeguard team
Excellent decision making skills
Proven ability to provide CPR and First Aid immediately and effectively
Maintain records, reports and activity logs
Pros
Free park entrances for friends/family, workers cantine, extra hours
Cons
Excellent leadership and team building skills
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Doswell, VASeptember 23, 2016
Everything about working at Kings Dominion expresses a sense of necessary team building, and excellent leadership. The supervisors are courteous about making sure their team mates don't get to hot, and are staying focused and on-task while in position.
Pros
Free Tickets, 20% discount for everything in the park, employee bonuses
Fun place to work, very nice people
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 4, 2016
Normally you clock in and go out to your position in the park. The Team leads and Managers are very nice. It was my first job, so I learned how to talk with guests and how to maintain a good work ethic. The co-workers in my department we'er around my age, so working with them made this fun. The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be the problematic guests, but i was able to stand my ground and maintained control of the situation. The best part of the job is that there are employee events where the employees can have fun together after park hours.
Pros
20% off merchandise in park, discounted food for employees
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Cashier/back line work (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 23, 2016
Working for and amusement park is fun you get to meet people from all over, and different backgrounds. Outstanding place to work as long as you enjoy being outside
Cons
The weather
Fun but needs work
Food and Beverage Attendant/ Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2016
IN the food and beverage department, the supervisors could be more organised and communicate with each other and their employees.
Pros
Free admission to the park and discount on everything
Cons
short lunch breaks
It was fun and interesting
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 15, 2016
I got to run every store in the park, befriend with a bunch of employees from throughout the work place and meet tons of people.
Pros
everyone was always friendly
Flexible workplace, great to meet different cultures
Housing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 26, 2016
Working with Cedar Fair has been a rewarding experience. Each year I get to meet and work with students from all over the world. I've learned to be more open and have grown as a person from my experience with the company. Cedar Fair has lots of room for growth and moving up in the ranks. I was promoted in my first year in a new department.
Pros
flexible hours, growth and promotion, co workers
Cons
seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedar Fair. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9