Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

Cedar Park Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work! plenty of clinical opportunities.
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: clinically oriented
Cons: compensation could be better
This is a great facility. It has the look of a new hospital and the feel of a small town hospital.The nurses, physicians and pharmacy staff at the hospital are awesome! The staff are easy to work with and motivated. There are plenty of clinical opportunities on a daily basis for a pharmacist. The physicians often seek the input of the pharmacists. The pharmacists dose all the Vancomycin patients. The pharmacists are often willing to collaborate with their coworkers to provide the best possible patient care. I've never worked with such a great group of pharmacists and technicians. Everyone works well together. The pharmacists have a set rotation every 4 weeks; but, we are often able to help each other out when needed. The hospital has grown significantly in the past 5 years. We are opening a Heart and Vascular Center; and, we have a variety of patients despite the small size of the faciltiy. The hospital continues to expand it's services which keeps it interesting. There are a lot of corporate mandates that are different from other hospitals which can be cumbersome; but, you learn to get used to it.
My Experience at Cedar Park
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: co workers, bonuses, benefits, and the patients
Cons: salary, and some of management
A busy fast paced emergency room with lots of love, excitement, and caring for the patients and other coworkers. What I have learned from this job, is that the patients/customer doesn't want to be here if they don't have to. So make them feel as comfortable as possible and empathize with them. The hardest part of this job was, watching the patients loved ones get the news that they have passed away. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the smiling faces after they are feeling better after being treated at our facility.
People are nice but morale is low
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TexasOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, however, the morale is very low due to the dictatorship style of management. I think it would have been better if the management was more collaborative. I did not feel valued there as an employee.
great energy from great coworkers
Emergency Room Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Cedar Park, TXAugust 6, 2014
I have met some lifelong friends in my department that I look forward to working with every shift.
good place to work
Charge Nurse, ICU (Former Employee), cedarpark,texasSeptember 26, 2013
Learned how to work on own.Had flexible schedule which was good but did have lack of communication between management and shifts and unable to accomdate certain areas of work.
Nursing
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJune 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: dysfunctional
Culture at Cedar Park Regional is diverse and weird. They have had a lot of turn over in management. Be ware, things are not always what they seem.
Everyday is new and interesting
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Cedar Park, TXMay 31, 2013
Pros: excellent healthcare and time off benefits
Come in, since I'm in the ER, its straight to work. Grab some charts and start heading in rooms to obtain insurance and demographics. Verify all insurance and demographics and collect copays
not much too say
Unit Clerk/ Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXMay 16, 2013
they were unable to work around my schedule so I could attend the nursing program full-time
Super busy ER with little staff support
ER Nurse (Current Employee), Emergency RoomApril 10, 2013
For being in Cedar Park this ER is super busy.
I'm a current RN seeking other employement due to lack of staff support (techs, understaffed nursing, etc). This has been a continued problem with lots of promises and no change. ER has lost 9+ nurses since Dec 2012 due to these unresolved issues and unsafe patient care. My best advice, stay away!
I had a morining break and a 30 min lunch
Surgical Tech II (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: sometimes they will provide lunches
Cons: long hrs
I got to work with multiple surgeons doing different surgical procedures and got a lot of experience in vast disciplines
Great First Job
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXNovember 25, 2012
This was a great job. I had to leave this job due to a lack of hours given it was a PRN position.

Cedar Park Regional Medical Center Salaries