Cedar Point Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work for the summer.
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work: Fun in the sun, it was great to watch guest come in and win prizes and even when they lose it was still a fun time.

What I learned: You can make friends anywhere, race religion, etc. none of that matters. We are all human and I made a lot of diverse friends.

Management: All of my managers and supervisors were professional and still knew how to treat you like a person.

Co-workers: All great and really made you feel apart of something.

Hardest part of the job: Personally, rejection from the guests. Who doesn't like games?

Most enjoyable part of the job: Watching children win prizes, their little faces light up and you just feel overwhelmed with happiness.
Pros
Rides, Great food, Friends
Cons
Heat, Rain, Rude Guests
cashier,cleaning etc
Food Service Worker, housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 9, 2016
A fast paced environment where I can easily take on multiple task and show my full potential. im a very fast learner. my typical work day is very easy for me and most people, smile on my face, getting my assignment , asking for help if I need, trying to avoid all problems, and just staying motivated .also I learned working with others is to stay motivated, and stay positive and work hard. my co-workers would describe me as a worker, and very free spirited, and a good worker, I like working with others, and I get along great with others.
Best summer job you will ever experience
Department Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 26, 2015
The mass majority of employees are seasonal workers. Typically college students from all over the world. A lot of international students come to experience the American culture. The training and mentorship received is outstanding considering the nature of the work (food services, ride operations, etc...). Some jobs require a lot of hours each week and the pay is barely above min. wage, but I think most everybody would agree that the pros outweigh the cons. The friendships and memories you make will stay with you forever. By the end of the season you will be physically and mentally exhausted, but after a few months you will be counting down the days to go back.
Very rewarding experience.
Manager In- Park Restaurants and Catering (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 6, 2016
I learned all aspects of the food service business while working at Cedar Point for over30 years. Started working there in 1984 as a kitchen supervisor and worked my way up to number three person in charge of the food service division.
cedar point
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 4, 2016
its a really great experience the people are great the management a normal day consist of setting up and being on register to close. everything was fairly easy for me nothing was to hard the best part was the experience like the envirment i was in it was a really positive thing
fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 11, 2015
a typical day at work is fun because you got to meet new people every single day of work. i learned how to use cash systems and handle food safely. i had fun coworkers which made me want to come to work everyday. the hardest part about the job was the heat but when you got use to it everything was okay. the most enjoyable part was that i was working at a amusement park.
It sucked
Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 16, 2015
I was a ride host at Corkscrew. Typical day started with doing morning checks making sure everything was in order. We would open the ride and start the day. We were supposed to rotate positions every 30 minutes but that barely happened. The crew wasn't that bad. It was better once the "original" crew left. 6 day work week. with an average of 10 hours a day. No less than 8 hours a day. I didn't mind the hours no one did. We all loved the hours. Pay wasn't that bad. It was 8.10 an hour but no overtime. Management sucks. It was horrible They literally don't care about you at all. If you are under an Area Sup position you don't mean anything. The dorms are disgusting. The plus side I met a lot of great people from all over the world. Saved money and made life long best friends.
Best Summer Job
Games Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 27, 2015
LONG HOURS but great rewards!

Working at Cedar Point was a great experience in so many ways. I had the opportunity to meet and make friends with people from all over the world that will have a lasting impact on me. Although you will work a lot of hours, those hours will add up into a nice paycheck that can greatly help towards school, your family, etc.
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Sun burns
tough work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 16, 2015
I was a security guard that was in charge of making sure that employees followed company rules in the living areas.there were issues with people stealing and with people fighting. More often than not i had to break up fights between women and men. I would patrol the living areas of the employees and make sure everyone that was there was authorized to be there. i learned that people can be very sneaky when smuggling in alcohol. My managers were both very nice gentlemen.
Pros
cheap food readily available, diverse work force, plenty to do on off days at the theme park
Cons
all food was fried, work hours were long
Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Breakers HotelApril 14, 2016
I overall liked Cedar Point they gave me a low hourly wage but the hours were great so it payed off in the end. A typical day at work with me being a housekeeper would be clocking in dressed in uniform and instantly grabbing a cart. The cart would either already be stocked or be in need of stocking either way you do what you have to do and tend to your list of rooms. We got about anywhere from 12 to 30 rooms a day and they were either stay overs (for guests that stayed overnight) or due outs (for guests who checked out) and the status of the room would determine how you clean it. I learned a lot working at Breakers Hotel, i would also second as a runner and that position would be keeping a walkie-talkie and doing room calls if guests needed anything extra as far as what housekeeping could provide. It wasn't really anything hard about the job but the most enjoyable part was meeting all of the different people and i am already kind of a cleaner so straightening up and cleaning up kept me smiling as well.
Pros
Cheap Lunches, Free Sweatshirt(hat, keychain, etc), Great Hours, Free transportation
Okay place to work
foods associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Hard long days. a lot of work strict rules. rude employers. hard working environment. rude customers, good living space free entertainment. plenty of hours
Pros
hour lunches, free park entry
Cons
extremely long hours, strict rules, rude employers
Fun Place
Foods Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 15, 2016
Very Cool Place Nice People The Co-Workers Are Fun To Be Around And Its Lots Of Cool Things & Alot Of New People To Meet I've Enjoyed My Time Working Their
Pros
Cool Environment
Fun summer job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 9, 2016
It isn't often you find a place that is so fun to work at! Team members get free tickets for family and friends plus free entry for whenever you're not working.
something new
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 22, 2016
i can say i made a quite bit of money their but it had to much drama going on because some people was straight out l high school and didnt know how to act
Not a bad place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 5, 2015
It wasn't bad to work at Cedar Point. It's just unbearably hot and drastically cold. The guest are rude but the other associates are the only reason why I stayed there. At Cedar Point you don't make friends with the other associates; you make a family. I'd go back and work again.
Constantly busy and demanding hours
Ride Operator/Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 15, 2015
A typical work day would be approximately 10-12 hours, so with one day off each week I would work 60-70 hours in one week. There isn't much time for anything other than work, but everyone who I worked with was pleasant, professional, and wonderful to work with. My team leader and supervisors always do what they can to make sure our crew moved smoothly. The hardest part of my job was long shifts (16+ hours) and being able to maintain a positive attitude when I was exhausted. However, I was close enough with everyone on my crew that we are like family; we always supported one another and helped each other through long days. My best skill learned at Cedar Point was Human Relations and knowing how to communicate and work with unhappy guests.
Pros
Cheap housing, friendly and social environment
Cons
Long hours, low pay
team oriented
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHOctober 26, 2015
cleaned and set up game prepared for customer use
at closing cleaned again and put everything away
stocked games
counted inventory
customer service
talk to new people everyday
teamwork
Pros
cheaper lunch menu
Cons
hot temperature, lot of hours, minimal days off
Really great place to meet people around the world
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHAugust 20, 2015
typical work day was just cook, and provide customer service with little to minimum bad results. Co workers were possibly the best group of folks I have meet throughout my years here. I was not a fan of working 200 hrs in 2 weeks with little to no breaks or days off because of being short staffed
Pros
The people
Cons
The horrible long hours and lack of pay
Cedar Point
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 3, 2015
Is very fast pace depending on your place of work in the park. you meet alot of new people from all over the world. the hours are long but co workers make it more enjoyable.
Fun workplace with roller coasters
Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJune 28, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of selling tickets, clean-ups, taking tickets at the entrances, and data processing. I learned how to do data processing and how well I was at customer service. Management did their best to keep the customers satisfied and came up with ideas to make the park a better place. My co-workers were great to work with and always had a positive attitude. In my opinion, there wasn't really anything hard about the job just some complicated customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at the entrance gate by the beach because most of the guests were nice and the scenery was beautiful.
Pros
cheap food for the employees.
Cons
healthcare

4.2