Cedar Point Employee Reviews

Nice people with a great diversity
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 24, 2017
I liked the atmosphere there and the people were nice and helpful. I really liked the diversity of Cedar Point and I was glad that I met new people from all around the world. Overall I'd say it was a productive experience.
Cedar Point Ride Operations
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 24, 2017
A typical day of work involves cleaning, testing, and doing paperwork before the ride opens then runnings the ride all day. In a 12 hour day there are not a lot of breaks. Management was very strict. Sometimes had to work 15 hour shift with only two breaks. The hardest part of the job is working long hours before you can eat. The most enjoyable part is meeting people from different countries.
Fun
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 8, 2017
Fun place to work. Long hours. Great friends. You get to meet people from other countries. Stay in contact with them throughout your life. Safety of guests mattered. Management sucked
very long days
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 4, 2017
Working at Soak City was not much fun because the people who came in were very demanding and rude, most of the time. Employees work long days with decent breaks, though the food sold to employees was often stale and really gross and expensive.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
heat stroke, sun burn, bad management
A chaotic workplace with limited after work time
Supervisor/Baker/Food Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OH 44870March 30, 2017
Overall I am very glad to say that I don't work here anymore. Although the opportunity was amazing and meeting new people from all over the world was so exciting, it was just to many negatives that outweighed the positives. The worst part of it all was that they expected you to work open to close everyday.
Pros
cheap lunch, free park admission, meeting new people from new places
Cons
short staffed, long hours, short breaks, very crowded
Fun and exciting experience
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 30, 2017
Best summer of my life! I was able to meet hundreds of people from all over the world. I was able to learn about different cultures and customs. It was incredible. As for the job, I usually compare it to the stereotypical college experience except instead of going to class and studying all the time, you're at work. It's literally that busy. But it's worth it.
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
crazy work hours, hot as ever, the worst uniforms on the planet
A very good and fun company to work with
Entertainment Personell (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 21, 2017
Cedar point offered me some of the best work experience I could ask for. They provided us with the right accommodations and a healthy work environment.
Fun place to work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 19, 2017
Cedar Point was a fun place to work on off days because you could roam the park at your will. A typical work day was okay. It really depended on the weather. The job itself isn't hard.
Pros
You work at an amusement park!
Cons
Weather conditions
Literally the best place to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 16, 2017
I love this place. The management and co-workers are wonderful people. If i could go back for another season (even just Halloweekend) I would. I miss Cedar Point everyday.
Pros
everything
Cons
those LONG hours
Dressed up and scared people
Screamster (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Got paid to scare people. Worked as a distraction an made a crowd of people fall down with help from a zombie hillbilly hiding in the trees with pots and pans.
It was a job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 18, 2017
This was one of my first official jobs out of high school. The housing was prison like, not ideal if you like your own space, and the hours were crazy long. I honestly don't even keep in contact with any of the people that I met when I worked there.
Pros
Got to go to the park for free on my days off
Cons
Long hours, cramped housing
cedarpoint
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 18, 2017
The job isnt what you would think it is. very long hour days, small breaks. only one day off. a tipical day at cedar point is going to be very busy and you will see alot of traffic during the 12:00 o'clock hour.
Pros
big checks
Cons
Fun workplace, free access to the park
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to spend one or two seasons. Amazing people from all over the world and free access to all the parks.

Although I wouldn't recommend to work more than two seasons, due to the long shifts (10-16 hours, 6 days per week), super busy environment and working under the sun/rain.

If you don't mind the long hours, the weather and having just one day off, you can have a great time and save a lot of money. Totally recommended for thrill seekers (you can ride a rollercoaster every day!)
Pros
People and rollercoasters
Cons
Really long shifts and sometimes bad weather
Great teamwork experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Enviorment that deeply took its employees needs into consideration. Always new oportunities to move up in the workplace. Safe and over all rewarding.
Productive and very social work place
Games Employee (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 15, 2017
The job required a lot of social interaction and getting people to come play your games. There were long work hours which were beneficial to helping further develop my work ethic.
Good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Worked fir this company for a summer. It was great i meet people for all over the world and county's. It was hot but the company made sure we had what we need
Good hours terrible pay
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Was working 6 days a week with only one off day, good hours but the pay was very low, and it was very crowded and hot but it was a good experience that I enjoyed
Fun in season
DECK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 25, 2017
The people are fun and you get employee nights at the park just for yourself along with so many discounts, but working off season they will work you 16 hours a day for 7 days straight.
Cedar Point
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Best place to gain REAL world job experience for 18-24 year olds. Also fun work enviornment keeps everyone happy and priding themselves on making others happy.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons
No cons
Experiences that include having fun and living a dream.
Team Leader - Giant Wheel Triangle (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 18, 2017
My review working at the "Roller Coaster Capital of the World" has to be amazing in my opinion. Before working there in 2015, I didn't know anybody around the world but now, I know people everywhere in the world. You meet people and you become a family of some sort because working hard and long with these people, you basically become close to one another.
Pros
Free Admission, Free Parking, Free Admission to all Cedar Fair Parks, Discounts
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedar Point. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2