Title: Line Cook/Kitchen Staff
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
SUMMARY: Kitchen staff at Cedar Springs Austin provide knowledge and expertise in food safety, meal preparation, and presentation. They ensure meals, snacks, and supplements are prepared and presented according to guidelines and treatment procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidates should be self starters, creative, and team players.
- Keep accurate record of time worked by clocking in and out daily on time tracking system.
- Effective and ongoing communication within Cedar Springs Austin via intranet, e-mail, and verbal conversation.
- Responsible for checking and responding to internal e-mail daily and on a regular basis.
- Responsible for answering, checking and responding to company phone calls and voicemails on a regular and daily basis.
- Accurately prepares quantity of foods needed for meals, snacks, and supplements per written specifications, to meet requirements of patients' meal plans. Provides alternative meal options under the direction of dietitians to meet special dietary needs of patients with food allergies or intolerances.
- Accurately follows all recipes to ensure consistency with nutrient content, flavor, ingredients, and appearance of all food items.
- Follows principles of safe food handling and preparation techniques at all times and ensures that these are practiced by all staff who assist with food preparation.
- Maintains inventory (ordering, receiving, and rotation of stock) at Cedar Springs Austin.
- Maintains cleanliness of kitchen and equipment at Cedar Springs Austin.
- Completes all paperwork required for daily shifts.
- Coordinates with Head Chef to ensure quality of food and inventory in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and complete assignments.
- Demonstrates professional conduct, concern, respect and compassion toward all patients, families, co-workers and the public as a representative of Cedar Springs Austin.
- Complies with the Company’s policies and procedures, including Human Resources, and HIPPA.
- Promote and model a healthy lifestyle.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or higher.
- Previous experience in hospital, school or restaurant kitchen, culinary training or current culinary studies required.
- Must obtain and maintain food handlers and sanitation certificate.
- Able to work independently and possess problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least one year of culinary experience preferred.
Located in the hills of west Austin, less than seven miles from downtown and the University of Texas campus, Cedar Springs Austin is the...