Cedar Springs Hospital

Cedar Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

I learned a lot working here because it taught me that people all over the world need help not our backs.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: getting them all to participate in group
Cons: getting none of them to participate in group
The hardest part of the job is watching a soldier go through an ordeal and not know how to help him or her because the lack of education and I had. I knew how to talk to them but it was the education like social work and counseling that would have been awesome!
Spending my day with 12 women with various issues from substance abuse to suicidal ideation to psychosis.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: to experience the lives of real hurting people has changed my perspective on life dramatically.
Cons: it is hard work and you must be up to the task everyday if you want to be successful.
My typical day on the women's trauma unit at Cedar Springs Behavioral Hospital can be quite a wild ride from day to day. The average stay per patient is 5 days so by the end of those 5 days I have had great opportunities to touch their lives in so many ways. Some ladies come in after attempting suicide, or are about to start detoxing from various drugs or alcohol, or are experiencing some sort of deep trauma in their lives. I start my day with them as they begin to emerge from their rooms, getting them their breakfast and then doing check-in and leading a psych-ed group of some sort, which is my favorite part of the day, where you can really touch their lives.
The unit staff consists of an RN, a med nurse, two therapists, and a psychiatrist. Working closely together with the nurses and maintaining a relaxed atmosphere on the unit really makes for an enjoyable day. The most difficult part of my day is dealing with the many, many, many needs of 12 troubled ladies. Issues from when is smoke break to, could you get me this or that. I've been blessed with a pretty easy disposition and after 30 years in industrial sales this job has opened up a part of me I didn't know existed. It has really helped me grow as a person both professionally and personally.
Awsome staff
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: great campus, friendly staff, they let you do your job
Cons: salaries could not be increased once you locked into a contract, however this might have changed under the new corporate parent company uhs.
I enjoyed my team and that of the senior leadership. It was a friendly environment and the mission, vision, and values of the hospital were all geared around service to the patients and their families. I enjoyed the work/life balance and it did provide opportunities for growth, however, you would have had to relocate to one of the sister hospitals for certain advancements.
Stay away From Cedar Springs
Nursing (Former Employee), ColoradoSpringsMay 15, 2014
Pros: some great nurses
Cons: management
If you value your License and your own Mental Health do not work for this company.Management and CEO are out of their minds
A whole lot of Fraud going on with Ins companies and vendors.Just do your self a favor and Run.
A typical day
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2013
Cedar Springs was a hard place to work for there was no job advancement and the management does not care for its employees .
Decent environment to get experience at a Mental Health hospital
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs ColoradoMarch 27, 2013
Pros: accrued vacation
Cons: short breaks
A typical day of work consisted of managing the care and treatment of mental health patients. At Cedar Springs Hospital I learned the significance of work ethic and how to work affectively with all populations. Management on my particular unit was excellent; fair and consistent with expectations. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of my job was the daily stressors involved with managing residential care. The most enjoyable part of my job was leading psych-ed sessions.
A challenging environment
Crisis Evaluator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: co-workers and low-cost meals
Cons: no breaks except for lunch/dinner and high stress environment
My co-workers were wonderful with whom to work: good teamwork environment. Our immediate supervisor was also very knowledgable and helpful.I found upper management to be inflexible and exerting undo stress on its employees. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with insurance companies when needing authorization for in-patient stays. We spent more time on the phone with insurance companies than with individuals in crisis, needing to be hospitalized. Typical day began at 8:00 AM and ended at 5:00 PM. At imes it required working later when trying to get authorization from insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with indivduals in crisis and helping them de-escalate.
Cedar Springs Hospital Review
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 13, 2012
Pros: nice lunch time, nice people
Cons: walking to and from each building 10 times a day.
I loved working with my manager and my teacher, they were both very patient and willing to teach me what I needed to learn to become the best pharmacy tech I could be. I loved working there because I felt like I was fulfilling my life as a person and helping people that desperately needed it. The hardest part of working there was just keeping focused when there was so much work to be done.

Cedar Springs Hospital Salaries