Cedar Springs Hospital Employee Reviews

good job
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2017
required many hours of overtime and call. did enjoy the clinical part of the position. learned much about behavioral heath. the pharmacy was managed by the CEO who lack knowledge of pharmacy
Cedar Springs
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80906July 22, 2017
Control and maintain milieu environment for patient safety. Perform initial assessment interviews for admission to hospital. Ability to identify if new patients were medically stable for admission to hospital. Capacity to perform rigorous 24 hour chart checks. Provide family support for patient discharge planning. Efficiently delegate tasks to employees to maintain deadline goals. Therapeutically communicate with patients to achieve length of stay goals. Maintained clear logical objections to support team work. Sustained patient stability by abiding by hospital rules for CIWA protocol. Ability to work well under stress. Capable of collecting, correlating, and summarizing data. Potential to explain rules and regulation of hospital.
unprofessional management
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2017
Clicks and favoritism among upper management.
The management does not take responsibility for patients that become critical ill or die in their facility.
They like the blame game.
Pros
every other weekend
Cons
upper management
Many Great People and things to learn
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 18, 2017
Had a wonderful time at this position learning so much about the medical records, coding and other aspects of coding, timely filing as well as other aspects of the job a new graduate needs to know.
Goog
Mental health Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 22, 2017
This is an amazing place to work. I have not had any issues with this company and I would be proud to work with them anytime.
Pros
staff accountability
Cons
management could be a little more involved
Cedar Springs Hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2016
Hmmm.....Makes you wonder why there are always so many positions available at this facility,doesn't it ????

Critical micro management constantly.. Never any positive feed back given by management, it is Always Negative feedback.
Poor Wages.
Terrible
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2016
It's difficult to work in a psych hospital for the obvious reason that you are dealing with seriously mentally ill patients. That's not really the hard part. The hard part is that management seems to be hard at work to daily make employees more miserable with unethical, dishonest, incompetent, micro-manageing practices. Employees are nothing more than numbers who are used to make a profit for this fortune 500 company that is too cheap to pay its employees fairly or even buy furniture that isn't torn to shreds. Incompetent people are promoted and not accountable for their wrong doings, and competent people seem to be consistently driven out.

It's little wonder the turn over is so very high and that staffing is so short.

Quality patient care is not important. All that is important is seeing a high number of patients, hopefully over and over when they keep re-admitting, to make lots of $$ for corporate.
face-paced, somewhat scressful, and great team support
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2016
Depending on job title a typical day of work would include; arriving on time, clock in and report to unit. There are usually two Technicians, one charge nurse, an LPN and various therapist and medical on call doctors and psychologist. After clock in, the mental health specialist meets with out-going staff to review patients report. 10 to 15 minute checks on patients are recorded on locator sheets to determine patients behavior and location.Techs are responsible for patients records of belongings while they are there and an account when they are discharged. Vital signs are taken in the morning and/or any time that a nurse request. There is a constant monitoring of patients which would include their safety and whereabouts. A psychiatric therapeutic class is facilitated by the Tech once a day. Outside breaks are monitored twice a day . At the close of shift, all paperwork should be completed.
Pros
breaks are flexible
Great Place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2016
Cedar Springs is a great place to work if you are seeking experience in the Mental Health field. Flexible schedules and great starting pay. There are multiple shifts that are available and overtime is easy to come by.
Life in the Dark Ages
Adult Acute Therapist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2016
The hospital has heart- but not much else. It operates on a business model primarily which does not mesh well with mental health or empathy. Constantly changing job expectations, and little to no appreciation for work ethic. Employee happiness / Culture waxes and wanes, but in three and a half years has never been that great. High turnover- and it's for a reason. This place has a very hard time keeping any staff members for longer than 3 years. The hardest part of the job is needing to offer care to people who do not want to be locked up against their will, and are behaviorally at their worst. Daily self-sacrifice is a must. Doing this job I have become less skilled at what I have needed to know (requirements pertinent to my license), and simply used to trying to survive each shift day by day.
Pros
Kindhearted Doctors and coworkers
Cons
Unpredictable expectations followed by harsh consequences for failure to comply.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working for Cedar Springs Hospital as the Executive Administrative Assistant. The role was very challenging and I was more than ready.
Pros
The challenges of learning something new
Cons
Thepapist for acute child and Adult units
MA LPC (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsOctober 23, 2015
I was assaulted at work and no one came to my aid. There was a poor client to staff ratio. I did learn much about family dynamics and built on my my ADHD knowledge and intervention skills. I had the opportunity to be creative with groups and families.
Pros
Ethical personal conduct and some interacction with the doctors.
Cons
unsafe environment
A typical Day
FINANCIAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2015
Was a very challeging place to work, obtaining payment from someone diagnose as phychotic is no fun. Interesting to say the least. Decent amount collected for services rendered.
Cons
No structure.
Difficult but rewarding
Fulltime RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2015
Staffing is a constant issues. When there is enough staff the job is great. The DON and CEO are always available to speak to you. The management is as supportive as they can be. Some situations arise with staffing that cannot be immediately corrected but they do try to resolve issues.
Great Place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work if only the pay was better. In order to work there, you must love people and helping people or you will not last.
Pros
working with amazing people
Cons
pay was not enough
I learned a lot working here because it taught me that people all over the world need help not our backs.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 17, 2015
The hardest part of the job is watching a soldier go through an ordeal and not know how to help him or her because the lack of education and I had. I knew how to talk to them but it was the education like social work and counseling that would have been awesome!
Pros
Getting them all to participate in group
Cons
Getting none of them to participate in group
Spending my day with 12 women with various issues from substance abuse to suicidal ideation to psychosis.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 23, 2015
My typical day on the women's trauma unit at Cedar Springs Behavioral Hospital can be quite a wild ride from day to day. The average stay per patient is 5 days so by the end of those 5 days I have had great opportunities to touch their lives in so many ways. Some ladies come in after attempting suicide, or are about to start detoxing from various drugs or alcohol, or are experiencing some sort of deep trauma in their lives. I start my day with them as they begin to emerge from their rooms, getting them their breakfast and then doing check-in and leading a psych-ed group of some sort, which is my favorite part of the day, where you can really touch their lives.
The unit staff consists of an RN, a med nurse, two therapists, and a psychiatrist. Working closely together with the nurses and maintaining a relaxed atmosphere on the unit really makes for an enjoyable day. The most difficult part of my day is dealing with the many, many, many needs of 12 troubled ladies. Issues from when is smoke break to, could you get me this or that. I've been blessed with a pretty easy disposition and after 30 years in industrial sales this job has opened up a part of me I didn't know existed. It has really helped me grow as a person both professionally and personally.
Pros
To experience the lives of real hurting people has changed my perspective on life dramatically.
Cons
It is hard work and you must be up to the task everyday if you want to be successful.
Awsome staff
Vice President of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 3, 2014
I enjoyed my team and that of the senior leadership. It was a friendly environment and the mission, vision, and values of the hospital were all geared around service to the patients and their families. I enjoyed the work/life balance and it did provide opportunities for growth, however, you would have had to relocate to one of the sister hospitals for certain advancements.
Pros
Great campus, friendly staff, they let you do your job
Cons
Salaries could not be increased once you locked into a contract, however this might have changed under the new Corporate Parent Company UHS.
Stay away From Cedar Springs
Nursing (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSpringsMay 15, 2014
If you value your License and your own Mental Health do not work for this company.Management and CEO are out of their minds
A whole lot of Fraud going on with Ins companies and vendors.Just do your self a favor and Run.
Pros
Some great Nurses
A typical day
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2013
Cedar Springs was a hard place to work for there was no job advancement and the management does not care for its employees .