Cedar Valley Medical Specialists Employee Reviews

Busy office but wonderful company to work for. So happy!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAApril 2, 2016
I answer phones and direct calls to nurses and/or make appointments. We have a compassionate office and care of our patients. My co-workers are the best. We are a busy office so the hardest part about my job is staying calm when there are many irons in the fire but on down time, we like to have fun. The management is top of the line. I enjoy going to work every day
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons
When we are budsy, its crazy busy
Meeting People
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 17, 2015
Very busy all the time. The people that I worked with went above and beyond to make people comfortable. The management was easy to get along with and very accommodating to our needs.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Productive atmosphere
Internship (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 11, 2015
Loved the providers at this place. Would see a patient about every 3-5 minutes. The providers were impressed when all rooms were full of patients. I learned a lot about the patients and medications prescribed. Everyone i worked with were very friendly and patient when had questions was able and freely answered.
Pros
Had an excellent boss
Cons
Was only intership and had to seek other employment
non competitive benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 9, 2014
Wages and advancement with this company are horrible. This company pledges to be the largest specialty in the cedar valley but it paying less than non medical jobs. There is no reimbursement for scrubs and the policies are very rigid and a lot of times do not make sense.
Pros
mon thru friday schedule
Cons
pay
Fast paced work environment.
Radiographer and student preceptor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 20, 2014
During clinic's with up to 3 providers at once, performed a multitude of radiographic exams for orthopedic surgeons.
Provided patient care and counseled patients in pain to gain trust in the radiographic process.
Taught students radiographic procedures and working with patients in pain.
Learned to think out side the box in order to obtain x-rays on patients unable to go through the normal procedures.
Learned to multitask with orders, students, and patients during fast paced work.
Very personal and medically knowledgeable coworkers.
Multiple doctor clinics requiring multiple x-rays, teaching students, and working with patients in pain while keeping with the pace of the clinic.
Most enjoyable part of the job is gaining trust of patients and watching student development continuously.
Pros
Caring coworker and employer environment.
Cons
When doctors do not have clinc, there is no need for x-ray, thus no work.
friendly work enviromnet
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 1, 2013
filed all patient information
prepped all files to be transferred to electronic files

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedar Valley Medical Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4