Cedars-Sinai Health System

Cedars-Sinai Health System Employer Reviews

High-end,Not Always Quality Oriented
Senior Histologist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: the money and equipment is tops
Cons: kind of a cold, unappreciative culture makes it hard be all about caring
With profits always going into the millions of dollars for Tom Priselac and his Health System, you'd think it would make for some positive management or at least job security....But don't get too comfortable, Human Resources is their biggest expense and even they are making cuts nowadays
My success
Management Assistant III (Gastroenterology) (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2014
Cedars-Sinai has a great reputation for proving excellent patient care, and has been a great path in my professional life. I have been able to develop my leadership skills and have grown within this organization. As part of my role, I have the opportunity to mentor and train new staff. I think that this is the most rewarding part of what I do. The hardest – more... part of my job is dealing with patients that are terminally ill. Most of our patients are very kind and thankful for our services, and it is becomes difficult to separate your emotions, when you know that they have been given a very bleak prognosis. My experiences at Cedars Sinai has taught me to remain humble at all times. – less
Great opportunity to learn
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2014
A typical day at work was usually busy the perks were knowing I was able to help the sick get well. Management in our specific department was horrible, nobody really knew what was going on.
Highly Political Place to Work. Good place for Brown Nose Individuals
Human Resources (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: not a good place for career advancement
Many individuals are good people. Managers and Executives are highly political and if you are not a well-liked individual it does not matter how well you do your job. Career advancement is difficult in most departments and in the rest of the departments there are no advancements available. On an up note: Pay and benefits are good.
Excellent Healthcare Company
Management Assistant-II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 23, 2014
A great company to work for with patient care/satisfaction as the core of their mission.
Very busy place
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE III (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: employer provided excellent salary and benefits
Very busy registration place since beginning of shift.
With enough staff most of the time made day go by fast.
Management ensured enough staff was available to see the shift complete all registration. Supervisors were always on site to help when disasters happened.

Co-workers were capable of handling work load.

Job was not hard to complete because – more... job assignments were same for everybody. Co-workers were always cooperating with one another to complete all registrations and admissions.

Job was enjoyable because there was no animosity found on the job. – less
Productive and fun
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Strong set of technical skills along with excellent patient care
fun place to work and learn
Surgical Tech Student Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2014
As a teaching hospital, i had alot of fun and worked with alot of great people who taught me alot of things
This company pride in providing excellent customer satisfaction and enriching the employees work experience
Management Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Assisting Directors/Nurse Managers of various departments within the Medical Center under minimal supervision. It was a faced paced environment , very pleasant and positive atmosphere.
My co- workers were amazing, always participating as team players. The satisfaction came from seeing a smile on the patients/employees' faces. Very rewarding , fulfilling – more... job. – less
Even with rules, some departments are ran differently
Management Assistant II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 25, 2013
Pros: you're at the hospital in case you don't feel well
Cons: promotion from within is usually lateral and doesn't happen that often
As a whole the hospital will tell you we are one happy family. when in fact, employees don't speak to one another often. The employee programs staff are not personable and clearly the ethnic make up of the company is not even.

Job promotion is usually not what you know, but who you know and nepotism is in full force
interesting and challenging environment
Management Assistant II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2013
A fast pace high demanding environment with reliable and happy employees.
The best place to work.
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Horton and Converse PharmacyNovember 12, 2013
Pros: all the best
Cons: n/a
The most prestigious facility to work.It is pleasant working with knowledge staff there. Doctors are so knowledge and so nice and approachable for all questions which you have.
Fast-paced work enviroment with great health benefits.
Management Assistant II/Gift Processor (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: health insurance and friendly atmosphere.
Cons: lack of communication.
A typical day at work would consist of answering phone calls, data entry, and various office functions.
Five stars
Clinical Nurse II, Labor and Delivery (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2013
A great environment for passionate providers. A typical day at work entails life changing and life saving experiences.
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great place to work and advance
Dispatching and answering multiple phone line. I learned excellent customer service skills. Management was great and there when in need. Co-workers were very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that I was able to assist the customers at any given time.
Productive fun workplace with positive energy and great staff!
Management Assistant II (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: free gifts cards during holiday season, bonuses, free counseling services, awesome benefits, etc.
A typical day at work would be an average of 40 patients. Managing the work flow and time in between each patient check-in or check-out, answering numerous of phone calls, on top of doctors orders was challenging but as a staff we made it work. I learned the true meaning of team work. There were 3 ladies (including myself) that ran the front office. – more... We all had to communicate among each other to ensure we provide each patient/parent with excellent customer service. The management team was awesome! They believed in our winning team and allowed us to make decisions to run a better workplace. The whole staff was just incredible! From the RNs, LVN's, and Doctors. I loved being apart of the team in Peds Outpatient Clinic. WE all got along great. The hardest part of the job was contacting insurance companies regarding patients policies but only because it was time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we grew to genuinely love our patients. Most of their parents were really nice. Some were nasty but given their circumstances of certain diagnosis of their children, we all understood. I wish I could be apart of their time. I feel they valued their employees and the time we all spent at the workplace. Thank you for giving me that opportunity to be apart of your company. – less
fun place to work.
Network Engineer/ Project Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good work place
Cons: to many chiefs not enough indain's
start my day with the morning meeting's pick up folders left on my desk and go out into the field to start my work day of move's. then
I finish up any outstanding trouble ticket's that was given to the last
shift. I worked with some great guys and I enjoyed working there. I
learned a lot and would not mine going back.
Fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Los AngelesOctober 18, 2013
I work on 3scct which is a universal unit that is staffed with great people and are like family. everyone works as a team. I learned extra skills through the universal unit. for example interpretation of heart rhythms. a skill that comes in handy with CHF patients.
Fun very nice facility to work for and excellent Benefits
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Love this company and would love to come back to work in
the ER Department.
Very political
Nurse/ Case Manager (Current Employee), Los AngelesOctober 11, 2013
Pros: pro's they give you an iphone and pay for your water.
Cons: low salary, pay for parking, work weekends holidays even though exempt.
as a case manager you're always short, management doesn't support your efforts, physician advisor and managers don't get along.
but you still have to work holidays and not get paid time and half. They are 100 years behind on interqual.

okay benefits, if you're an employee and go to the Emergency Dept. the staff treats you really nice. Don't have to – more... pay co-pays for office visits but that will change next year. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Cedars-Sinai Health System

Cedars-Sinai is a non-profit hospital and research institution delivering world-class care to patients from around the world.

Cedars-Sinai Health System Photos