Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Leadership avoids seeing the dirt under the carpet
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 16, 2017
Leadership avoids understanding what truly goes on at the staffing level. Bring up some of the issues in meetings and senior executives will get furious because they don't want to stain their reputation or be perceived by other members that they're not performing well.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
Changes are VERY slow and ineffective due to leadership drag
Busy, yet fulfilling place to work.
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 14, 2017
We provide endoscopic and advance interventional treatment to 30 to 40 clients per day in a beautiful new GI lab. The management is helpful and expects the highest performance from their staff. It is a Magnet status hospital with the expectations that you have your BSN. They do provide educational opportunities as well as loans and scholarships to further your education.
Colleagues are friendly, helpful and supportive.
Pros
The educational experience and learning new interventional treatments.
Cons
High expectations are sometimes challenging to live up to . Ever changing computer charting.
Good management
Secretary/Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2017
The management are very awesome. They gave you tools to succeed. Co-workers are very helpful and understanding. Competitive salary and benefits. Overall, it was a great experience.
Awesome company
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I love the company. management at times sucks, but they are individuals. but the company is a awesome place to work...worth every penny. and the services are exceptional
Cons
individual managers
Stable Company
Quality Assurance and Testing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Company is well known and expanding yearly. Employees have a multitude of advancement and learning opportunities offered and a great benefits package.
In my time at Cedars I've expanded my technical skills considerably as well as added certification for Epic.
With their rapid expansion overtime and trying to juggle life and work balance can get hard. The company does provide services for work/life balance and many other personal wellness.
Pros
benefits, continuing education, stability
Cons
project hours
Productive and fun
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2016
Being able to help patients on a daily basis. Scheduling patients for Radiological procedures both for in-patient and out-patient. Register patients for their out-patient exams.

I've learned many applications used in the hospital. I've learned management procedures. How to apply my computer skills and present to the employees. My co-workers, were easy to get along with. A few that are team players and some were hard.

The hardest part of the job, is to learn patience with those that were difficult to get along with. Sometimes, patients can be difficult but learning about their illnesses and being patient, you can help them with having a better day.

The enjoyable part of my job, the comrade that we all had, during the holidays, birthdays and sometimes joining forces together to make the patient's experience a better one.
Pros
Compensation - benefits and salary
Cons
long drive - traffic
Gastroenterology
RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2016
Very fast and frequent turnover in this department with full time staff as well as travelers. When asked why, as a new employee, all fingers pointed to managers. No one seems to stay.
Pros
great docs and pay
Cons
poor people skills with managers
a friendly and diverse environement to work at
Case Management (Former Employee) –  south towerDecember 28, 2016
Working on the hospital campus gives you the chance to meet people of several diverse backgrounds. Co-workers are friendly and training sessions great.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Clinical Documentation Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
Great place to work. I miss being there! Good job security.Compensation and benefits were above average. Still the best medical care around. Would definitely work there again!
Great Environment
Human Resources Practice Leader (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2016
The Organization strives to offer excellent patient care. The employees work hard to achieve the goals of the organization.
Cedars-Sinai
Nutrition Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Preparing complementary meals for cancer patients. Worked alongside co-workers and dietitians to ensure customer service needs were met and to communicate inventory needs.
Great place to work and learn
Ultrasound Technologist/ Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 5, 2016
Not only do I currently work here, but I also interned here. I learned so much from my senior technologists. My co-workers are hard-working and helpful. I work evening shifts and that requires a lot of diligence and confidence, which I like.The Radiologists are very helpful and great to work with.

The hardest part of the job is having to scan patients and make them feel comfortable even though you can't give them results. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and being able to serve them and help them. I feel very accomplished at the end of every work day, knowing I have helped diagnose so many patients.
A large well known company
Credentialing/Verification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2016
Cedars Sinai is one of the top hospitals in the nation to work for. They have many employee incentives including gifts for entering health groups and team building retreats.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great company and benefits
Management Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2016
Cedars was a great environment with space to grow, there is a great network and also facilities to move ahead. The accessibility and benefits are also a plus.
Extremely demanding work environment
Senior Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2016
Typical day started out stressful and got worse as the day went by. You tried to keep a good attitude but there was not enough support for PAs and eventually they all leave. I stuck around longer than most people b/c I enjoyed working here but the environment was so stressful I had to leave. Some co workers were great to work with other were lazy and difficult. Hardest part of my job was the long hours. But I was always compensated on my annual evals for my time and effort so that kept me there for a long time until I just couldn't deal with the difficult environment. I loved working with my medical staff. I had no problems with Mgt or my attendings.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses, health insurance
Cons
long hours, work environment problems not really dealt with, old equipment making it difficult to do my job
Great work environ
Lead Clinical Office-TrainerCommConnect (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2016
Good work environ. Bummer that the contract ended earlier than anticipated. Community Connect could be a lot better but it is a program that can continue to grow!
Loved it
Emergency Room Finance and Admissions (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2016
Working at HCP was truly amazing i have no bad things to say my supervisor was amazing and the pets dr that i worked for was well is the best doctor she is still my nieces dr
A learning experience
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2016
I have worked in a couple of departments. The hours are flexible which is great as I live an hour away from center. Cedars provides a shuttle from all the buildings as their is no parking at most centers.
a good hospital
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2016
In my experience, Cedars-Sinai is a good health service provider. The discount and benefits for all the employees are good. Especially, employer's contribution to retirement plan and discount for employees seeing doctors in Cedars group.
However, as a research lab employee, I have to say the job is not secure and the pay is not very good. Overall, I will highly recommend Cedars-Sinai in clinical part.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
lacking necessary support for research teams
Unorganized
Medical Assistant/Front Office-Back Office (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2016
I became the superviosor of this location and i was unhappy very unpleasant and unorganized place to work at they need to hire more staff!The doctors are always complaining and threatening employees about deducting hours due to their personal budget.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2