Cedars-Sinai

Cedars-Sinai United States Employee Reviews

helping patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Working with the doctors and staff to make the patient stay pleasant.
Cons: Long hours and occassionly no break.
I took patient intake information.

I learned to make patients comfortable before their procedure.

Management was always available to assist me.

We were a team working together to take care of our patients and give them quality service.

The hardest part of my job was when a patient died.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient left after a successful procedure.
Great Doctors
Service Representative II (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Love who I work for, the doctors are great and the patients are interesting. Being productive and helping the doctors run and finish clinic is satisfying.
Wonderful and rewarding place to be employed
Aesthetician Department of Dermatology (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent working relationship with physicians and staff, great patients, very supportive, excellent benefits and pay, loved being a part of such a great company.
Cons: Nothing is guaranteed...
Loved working for Cedars. Had a phenomonal career and wonderful working relationship with all physicians,NP and staff.
Great patients, very supportive staff and excellent working conditions.
Appreciated.
the professional work culture at this hospita;
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RN (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: department closure
I enjoyed working with all the various disciplines that I encountered, since this is a teaching hospital. I feel that our patients received optimal care while hospitalized.
Cedars Summary
Educational Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
I worked in the Parking Office of Cedars Sinai and did educational consulting for employees upon request.

The job was in no way difficult. The major objection was the low paying aspect of the job.

The most enjoyable part was creating and maintaining various relationships throughout the campus.
Goal driven, professional, customer service oriented
Patient Access Rep III (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: availability of programs to assist employees to better themselves personally and professionally.
Cons: employees aren't always heard out when it comes to giving suggestions about new work ideas.
Working in one of the top-rated facilities in the Los Angeles area; there are always goals to meet certain goals either daily or monthly. It is teaching me how to prioritze my work. With such a high volume place of business, it's imperative to be able to multi-task to complete daily assignments. Have the opportunity to work with people from various cultural and economic backgrounds which makes work interesting and fun. It was at times difficult obtaining correct information in order to ensure that patients' insurance was billed correctly so patient's wouldn't have to worry about being billed for services when their insurance should be the one responsible. This was difficult because the patient isn't always in a position to be able to confirm information.
fast paced hospital setting
Patient Service Authorization Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: having all the tools i need to do my job
typical day at work is fast paced and productive. I learned how to become more efficient and work in a timely manner in order to meet patients and physician standards. management always there when you need them and coworkers pleasure to work with. hardest part of my job is being under strict timeframe to obtain authorizations. most enjoyable is being able to work with people who appreciate your hard work and know you can get the job done.
For the last 7 years I was responsible for assisting Managers &Director. This position provides complete administrative support to the organization.
Management Assistant II (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 2, 2015
Pros: being appreciated
Cons: not enough time to digest the task
Read and reply to e-mails
Arrange meetings
Prioritized task for the day
Attend meetings
Prepare for the following day
kind and helpful co-workers
Prioritizing is the hardest part of the job
When task are done on a timely manner
productive
postdoctor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: medical insurance
Cedars-Sinai is the largest nonprofit hospital in the western United States. The Medical insurance is good for employees.The work environment id goog for employees.I have learned a lots of technology in my field .colleagues is friendly.
A world class institution
Security Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: compensation, leadership, facility, collegues
Cons: los angeles: commute, cost of living, cost of fuel, taxes, schools, crime, air quality, & poor leadership
What's in a name? Nothing if the name isn't earned. Cedars-Sinai, often called the hospital to the stars, is far more than a name. Cutting edge research, elite physicians, and a medical staff that is the cream of the crop. Every day I'm involved with something ground breaking and revolutionary. I only lock the doors and keep them safe but when I'm privy as to what I'm protecting I have wow moments. I don't want to leave however an opportunity poped up that I just can't turn down.
Could be much better
Employee (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 10, 2015
There is a lot of good that goes on here but management needs to focus on staff and reducing stress among employees. Staff do really care about patient care.
Nice Environment
Patient Service Rep II (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Friendly environment...Great benefits...excellent surpervisors...and excellent pay.The hardest part of the job was not busy enough. The most enjoyable my co workers.
Enjoyed working near Beverly Center
Medical Management Assistant II (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 4, 2015
Every morning check my voice mail return calls, schedule incoming patients and new patients and as Workers Compensation. Prepare charts for next day for patients. and other office work as I need to do.
Hardest job at times getting patients to be seen with other Doctors and fit them in their schedule.
Enjoyable was the end of the day and accomplished what had to be done.
Great team support.
Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: parking
Cons: as a volunteer there are no benefits.
Great environment for promoting a comfortable patient experience.
Supportive Volunteer Management staff. Highly flexible work schedule.
Nice
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Since 2011 I have worked as a Site Support Specialist supporting all Epic modules in the entire medical center.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is a great place to work. This organization has a high standard of quality of care and cutting edge research practices.
Telecommunications Operator Per Diem (Former Employee), 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, Ca. 90048January 13, 2015
Pros: being a help to those in need.
Cons: sometimes the stresses a down systems, that we depend on to do our job can hinder your ability to help effectively.
A typical day in the busy call center at Cedars-Sinai is just that, busy. The demands of being and staying on top of the ever changing world of Healthcare and with the introduction of Obama Care brought on a whole new community of callers seeking quality health care. With this new found community of callers brings on the realization that no matter what the ethnicity or status we all need and deserve the opportunity to have good health care, in competent, caring, environment with a staff of medical professionals that are skilled are able and desire to continue learning.
I feel Management should be in tuned with the needs of their staff and be able to do the same job as the employees they are managing, this is true for some in my immediate work environment. My coworkers and working environment I found to be well prepared ever changing. We did and were expected to work as a team with our Supervisor and Lead working cautiously along side of us.
The hardest part of the job is hearing a patient passed that Coded. the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing we helped someone.
Quality Patient Care
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), admission deapartmentDecember 17, 2014
Cedars Sinai was a excellent opportunity for me to learn and excel within the organization.
Mediocre
Procedure Coordinator Pain Management (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: management
Needed a lot of improvement. Very unorganized and unprofessional. I worked for a private practice within Cedars Sinai s I can not give Cedars Sinai itself a poor review, however I have never in my life worked for such a disorganized practice. I wish I had positive reviews.
I would highly recommend CSMC as a suitable employer
Academic & Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2014
Highest level of professional accountability; constant shift in daily duties, prioritizing, and shifting assignments, To achieve a [consistent] more than "satisfactory" customer service outcome is an organizational standard we strive to meet.
politics are heavy
Case Manager (Former Employee), los angelesNovember 15, 2014
Pros: the name, automated medical records, good benefits
Cons: they micromanage you, sneaky managers
often short-staffed, underpaid, learned how to ride the political roller coaster, co-workers are nice in the beginning but it's very clique, the name helps you get other jobs because it's a big name, but all things considered they could use managers that actually care about their employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cedars-Sinai

Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor – Read more

Cedars-Sinai Salaries