Cedars-Sinai

Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

A very friedly workig environment to work at and learned from the co-workers. Learned different culture behavior. Difficult to be promoted!
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CaliforniaAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Fun work place to work with and numerous benefits.
Cons: Difficult to transfer to other department. Lack of career growth path.
It is a very nice place to work because of friendly co-workers. Also, this organization has an excellent corporate culture. For example, all the 10,000 (approximately) employees receive bonus every year. You get the opportunity to work with inter disciplinary team, as well as interact with diverse population each day, which makes it more interesting to work. However, it is very difficult to be transferred to other department where one can utilizes or explore other career opportunity.
A great place to work and learn
Nursing float pool (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Helping clients get well.
Cons: Not enough time to help everyone.
Wonderful place to work to learn and work safely under competent management who promote growth of their employees. This hospital promotes employee growth as well as offers the necessary assistance.
Good company to work for
Business Data Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
I loved the mission of Cedars. Unfortunately I had a bad manager. The rest of the organization was great. The variety of work was great.
Pros and Cons of a Pharmacy Buyer
PHARMACY BUYER (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: meet reps new experiences
Cons: thankless job
I am responsible for obtaining medications that are on backorder. I learned how to manage time dealing with shortages while doing daily routine ordering. My coworkers are wonderful people but being a purchaser comes with a cost. Being the buyer means you have the answers to every question that my coworkers have for me. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get shortage items in a timely manner. Maintaing shortages calls for a lot of follow-ups with reps and different vendors. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction you get knowing you made a difference in patient healthcare.
Great Organization
Financial Care Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 1, 2015
Great organization, awesome place to begin at entry level position and move up through different departments within the hospital.
cedars-sinai had a beautiful campus
Senior Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: in west hollywood
Cons: very far commute
dynamic teaching hospital, never a dull moment-working with children and parents was very rewarding, but the parking was terrible
Excellent
Nuclear Medicine Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2015
Cedars-Sinai is the place to work for diversity and a fast paced environment! Everyone is always nice and are always smiling
Enjoyed my time with them
CLINICAL APPLICATION SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics
Great opportunity and people to work with. The location is tough to work at for parking and traffic. Very busy, but aware of work life balance and considerate of your time
Fun place to work
(NCT) Nursing Communication Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2015
Very business everyone runing around with their heads chopped-off, but at the end of day, all got through successfully with amazing results.
Promotes Coding Education and performs
Contract Coding - Part-time (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Managment and AuditingTeam
Cons: N/A
Great place to work. Production standards were three records per hours depending on the complexity of the case. My contract ended in December of 2014. A full-time coder was hired.
Great Place
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2015
Great place with amazing benefits. Great overall that continues to help you as an individual with your growth and development.
helping patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Working with the doctors and staff to make the patient stay pleasant.
Cons: Long hours and occassionly no break.
I took patient intake information.

I learned to make patients comfortable before their procedure.

Management was always available to assist me.

We were a team working together to take care of our patients and give them quality service.

The hardest part of my job was when a patient died.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when a patient left after a successful procedure.
Great Doctors
Service Representative II (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Love who I work for, the doctors are great and the patients are interesting. Being productive and helping the doctors run and finish clinic is satisfying.
Wonderful and rewarding place to be employed
Aesthetician Department of Dermatology (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Excellent working relationship with physicians and staff, great patients, very supportive, excellent benefits and pay, loved being a part of such a great company.
Cons: Nothing is guaranteed...
Loved working for Cedars. Had a phenomonal career and wonderful working relationship with all physicians,NP and staff.
Great patients, very supportive staff and excellent working conditions.
Appreciated.
the professional work culture at this hospita;
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RN (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: department closure
I enjoyed working with all the various disciplines that I encountered, since this is a teaching hospital. I feel that our patients received optimal care while hospitalized.
Cedars Summary
Educational Consultant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
I worked in the Parking Office of Cedars Sinai and did educational consulting for employees upon request.

The job was in no way difficult. The major objection was the low paying aspect of the job.

The most enjoyable part was creating and maintaining various relationships throughout the campus.
Goal driven, professional, customer service oriented
Patient Access Rep III (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: availability of programs to assist employees to better themselves personally and professionally.
Cons: employees aren't always heard out when it comes to giving suggestions about new work ideas.
Working in one of the top-rated facilities in the Los Angeles area; there are always goals to meet certain goals either daily or monthly. It is teaching me how to prioritze my work. With such a high volume place of business, it's imperative to be able to multi-task to complete daily assignments. Have the opportunity to work with people from various cultural and economic backgrounds which makes work interesting and fun. It was at times difficult obtaining correct information in order to ensure that patients' insurance was billed correctly so patient's wouldn't have to worry about being billed for services when their insurance should be the one responsible. This was difficult because the patient isn't always in a position to be able to confirm information.
fast paced hospital setting
Patient Service Authorization Lead (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: having all the tools i need to do my job
typical day at work is fast paced and productive. I learned how to become more efficient and work in a timely manner in order to meet patients and physician standards. management always there when you need them and coworkers pleasure to work with. hardest part of my job is being under strict timeframe to obtain authorizations. most enjoyable is being able to work with people who appreciate your hard work and know you can get the job done.
For the last 7 years I was responsible for assisting Managers &Director. This position provides complete administrative support to the organization.
Management Assistant II (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 2, 2015
Pros: being appreciated
Cons: not enough time to digest the task
Read and reply to e-mails
Arrange meetings
Prioritized task for the day
Attend meetings
Prepare for the following day
kind and helpful co-workers
Prioritizing is the hardest part of the job
When task are done on a timely manner
productive
postdoctor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: medical insurance
Cedars-Sinai is the largest nonprofit hospital in the western United States. The Medical insurance is good for employees.The work environment id goog for employees.I have learned a lots of technology in my field .colleagues is friendly.
Headquarters