Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

I enjoyed it while it lasted
Hostess (food and nutrition) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
The job was very hard on my knees and feet. All the veteran employees had some sort of knee or hip replacement surgery done. Not enough employees could tolerate the work load so I found myself working 16 hours per day because people quit. But over all I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good Pay, Overtime for all
Cons
Harsh on my knees and feet
good place to learn
Clinical Nurse II, Medical (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
good place to learn and train. zero tolerance for bullying. room to advance. good pay and benefits. Management is the only thing I do not like. good team work.
My very first job in nursing, worked in Orthopedic
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Assist patients, Vitals, ADL's. Worked with patients with Spinal Cord injuries, fractured/broken hips and arms, back injuries, slipped disk, all type of tractions.
A overview of Cedars
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2017
Cedars Sinai is a great place to work at. They teach you many new things and create a wonderful work environment for colleagues families, patients. Cedars Sinai is a great organization.
Great place to start a career in healthcare
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2017
What I like about this place is the learning and experience you get when you are first starting your healthcare career. This place offers great healthcare education and hands-on experience to what was learned inside the classroom.
Medical assistant /receptionist (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 1, 2017
Cedars Sinai is a hospital don't have a good management .
the most part I enjoy the most is to help oldest patient and what they need and work as a group .
Huge research place
Clinical Research Intern (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2017
I worked at the AHF a non profit organization that helped patients with HEP C and HIV infections. The clinical aspect and the philanthropic mindset of the doctors inspired me.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
I have worked at Cedars-Sinai for nearly 20 years. Cedars supports nursing staff 100%. Encourages staff development and advanced degrees. Tuition reimbursement is great and benefits are the best.
Pros
Good support from administration, good benefits
Cons
Expensive to live close, lots of us commute to work
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2017
Overall it is a good environment great people . I had the best supervisor who was also understanding of my schedule and school schedule . I was in a department I enjoyed very much .
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very stressful enviroment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2017
I worked in the Vision Dept. and managed the front desk. I took copymts, made appts, scheduled surgerys if needed etc. It was a very busy dept. Also i would triage patients when needed too.
Learned a lot in a small amount of time
Sterile (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 21, 2017
Working in healthcare field I worked closely with the Operating Room, I learned to assemble trays for the cardio department, Plastic trays and Labor and Delivery trays.
very good place to work and advancement
SENIOR HISTOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
good place to work .Pace for advancement and security Cedars Sinai hospital is quite a Large hospital.Its surrounding is really good.and very impressive.
Its hard to work there but they pay really well and the benefits are great.
Certified Surgical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
The manager is leaving and I am waiting to see how things will change. Its hard to work there but they pay really well and the benefits are great. They will pay for nursing school.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2017
Overall, a great place to work, staff pretty decent, Doctors are great to work with also. Management is kinda of bad. But great work culture there. Nice campus also.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Management stinks
getting worse
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
It use to be more of a family place to work now its just who can tell you what to do with such disrespect, if they don't like you your out, however bad manager just move around with no consequences. it is so eagle driven you can not have an opinion.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
Everyone is very helpful, the managers are great and its a very open and awesome place to work. Management listens to us and problems hardly ever arise.
Great Place to work and a great hospital
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 9, 2017
Very fast paced with demanding patients and physicians. This is where I learned to properly Supervise staff. My manager was awesome and she helped me become a great leader. The hardest part of the job was actually the best part of the job, the people. Dealing with staff and their issues and also helping them resolve these issues so they can be successful
Great work environment
Management Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
Great work environment with the most wonderful doctors to work for, great employees to work with, however department manager not very professional and had favoritism over employees. Besides that, great compensation and health benefits.
Active volunteer: Training Care By the Bedside (TCAB) program.
Active volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stroke Unit Floor 4November 7, 2017
Responsibilities on a typical day include enforcing safety checks, emotional supporter, shadowing registered nurses. Everything taught is via shadowing experience. Management is superb as the work flow is efficient without too many run-ins.
Cons
No pay
Extreme professionalism
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 6, 2017
There are not enough space to write my gratitude for this hospital. The team work get the job done. And the pay is great. The atmosphere is a plus. The people are thoughtful, and are always willing to lend a hand. I give this place 50 thumbs up if I had them.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3