Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews in United States

productive, fast paced. Very calm work enviroment
Emergency Dept, Patient Biller II (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 7, 2016
I grew as a medical biller, was able to learn valuable work skills. I would have loved to go back to work for this company, unfortunetly, I moved.
huge hospital
Internship Experience Central Supply (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2016
wow its a huge hospital the size of a small city, this was my first hospital working experience . was very intimidating at first but staff was friendly and understanding
Pros
great food in cafiteria
Cons
parking
Completely miserable
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
Political place
Huge harassment by director
Discrimination
High rate of firing
No opportunity for growth
No support for new idea or creative people
Raceeist
Low wages
You will work as slave if you come from another country even with highest education and awards and great experience
Director is so unsecur and she will get jealous at you and look for something against you
HR just controlling by director and do not have any authorization itself
Cons
Discrimination, harrasment, Poor HR, HR is just contorl by director, it does not have authority itself
My review for working @CSMed Ctr
Medical Assistant, Reception, Data--entry clerk. (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2016
Good, routined typical day at work.
What i learned working in the Hospice Dept, new experience and exposure to serve clients needs.
Good management.
Great atmosphere, as well as co-workers.
Receive some calls from clients passing away.
Most enjoyable part of the job, detail oriented, co-workers relatable and helpful.
Pros
Working for Hospice Dept.
Cons
Hired through Temp Agency, when water to apply for permanent for CSM ctr was unable to
Prestigious and renown hospital
Staff Nurse & Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 11, 2016
Assigned to care for 5-6 patients.
I learned that neurology patients can take a quick unexpected turn for the worst. My neurology assessment skills sharpened. The management was fair with little to no involvement with unit matters.
The coworkers were fun loving people. We got along very well and very supportive of one another. The hardest part of the job was being on your cues re your patients. Yearly parties were done, many pot-luck food and ordering of food during shift. The place was free, and the nurses had fun working together
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Great Place to work for
Patient Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2016
This was a great organization to work for. The workers were very nice and helpful. I would be happy to come back. I really learn a lot about administrative work by working here.
Reception Desk Services
Mangement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2016
Working at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, an out patient facility with a 5 stars Hotel principals and management approach is a success. Up beat attitude, cordial with a friendly smile and ready to help is my model.
Pros
Self management
Perks
Report Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2016
The environment is great. The great benefits are great. The CIO would bring in presenters (IBM,Cisco) and they provided free lunch.
Benefits
Cra
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2016
Stability and good benefits. I would recommend working here if you want to learn and be knowledgeable about clinical research.
Loved the work. Extremely rewarding.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I needed a paying job and could no longer volunteer. I was hoping to get a paying job at the hospital, but nothing was available at the time.
Pros
Great work conditions. Enjoyed the patients and their families.
Cons
I loved volunteering but I needed a paying job.
If you like working in the medical profession
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2016
If you like working in the medical profession Cedars Sinai is the place to be. The variety of technical tools they have to use makes the arena a great place to work. Customer Service is key one in this arena, so if you are not up to the challenge this is not the place for you.
Pros
customer service
Cons
customer service
Nice and Fancy Hospital
Intern- IHC Clinical Lab (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Fancy hospital, was nice arriving to a lovely reception area with a personal paint player. Co-workers and supervisors were all very good at what they did.
Overall
Service Line Manager of Pre-op/ PACU (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 6, 2016
A great place to work.

I would have stayed if it weren't for my personal situation that changed at that time. I love it there.
Smoke and Mirrors
PSR II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2015
Pay is poor and you're informed of exactly that upfront. I was very fond of Cedars prior to working there. It's left a bad taste with me. Employees are over worked and under paid. Management isn't qualified for a leadership role and it's evidenced by the poor and unprofessional behavior that it tolerates from its "popular" employees. If you're good at 'kissing up to management, you'll have job security. Management will try to convince you that you're very lucky to work for Cedars, if you pass their exhaustive background and hiring processes. The organization is coasting on it's good reputation, but once you're on the inside you will discover that their standards of customer service are not in alignment internally as it relates to how their employees are treated. It's a corporate plantation.
great place to work
Imaging Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2015
great place to work and gain experience. This place offers a lot of opportunities to pursue a career in healthcare. the most enjoyable part about this job is making sure patients are satisfied with their care
Opportunities
Admissions Representative-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 25, 2015
Working at Cedars Sinai is an experience. Great place if your career is in Healthcare. There is a lot of room to grow and climb the "career ladder".
Pros
team work, management, compensations, appreciation
Cons
healthcare, expectations
Enjoyable and easy work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical day working at cedars would be working with doctors and shadowing their every move. Along with working with kids and helping them to a speedy recovery.
Pros
Close to my home. Nice coworkers.
Cons
Sometimes we see things we don't want to see.
Scheduling Coordinator
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
work with the office was good ad we were a new office and a new staff but we made the best of the resources we were given and tried to work as hard as we possibly could.
It is a great place to work.
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2015
Cedars Sinai is a great place to work.Nice colleagues, professional environment. Interesting presentations and opportunities to get informed about the scientific news, Very good work and life balance.
Bureaucratic
Clinical Research Coordiantor/Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2015
Antiquated system. Charges employees for parking. Very very political. Very bureaucratic. Some excellent leadership, and some very short-sighted leadership. Very hard to induce change in a set corporation like this. Turnover high.

4.2