Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Nice and Fancy Hospital
Intern- IHC Clinical Lab (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Fancy hospital, was nice arriving to a lovely reception area with a personal paint player. Co-workers and supervisors were all very good at what they did.
Overall
Service Line Manager of Pre-op/ PACU (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 6, 2016
A great place to work.

I would have stayed if it weren't for my personal situation that changed at that time. I love it there.
Smoke and Mirrors
PSR II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2015
Pay is poor and you're informed of exactly that upfront. I was very fond of Cedars prior to working there. It's left a bad taste with me. Employees are over worked and under paid. Management isn't qualified for a leadership role and it's evidenced by the poor and unprofessional behavior that it tolerates from its "popular" employees. If you're good at 'kissing up to management, you'll have job security. Management will try to convince you that you're very lucky to work for Cedars, if you pass their exhaustive background and hiring processes. The organization is coasting on it's good reputation, but once you're on the inside you will discover that their standards of customer service are not in alignment internally as it relates to how their employees are treated. It's a corporate plantation.
great place to work
Imaging Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2015
great place to work and gain experience. This place offers a lot of opportunities to pursue a career in healthcare. the most enjoyable part about this job is making sure patients are satisfied with their care
Opportunities
Admissions Representative-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 25, 2015
Working at Cedars Sinai is an experience. Great place if your career is in Healthcare. There is a lot of room to grow and climb the "career ladder".
Pros
team work, management, compensations, appreciation
Cons
healthcare, expectations
Enjoyable and easy work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 9, 2015
A typical day working at cedars would be working with doctors and shadowing their every move. Along with working with kids and helping them to a speedy recovery.
Pros
Close to my home. Nice coworkers.
Cons
Sometimes we see things we don't want to see.
Scheduling Coordinator
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2015
work with the office was good ad we were a new office and a new staff but we made the best of the resources we were given and tried to work as hard as we possibly could.
It is a great place to work.
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2015
Cedars Sinai is a great place to work.Nice colleagues, professional environment. Interesting presentations and opportunities to get informed about the scientific news, Very good work and life balance.
Bureaucratic
Clinical Research Coordiantor/Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2015
Antiquated system. Charges employees for parking. Very very political. Very bureaucratic. Some excellent leadership, and some very short-sighted leadership. Very hard to induce change in a set corporation like this. Turnover high.
Good pay and great benefits, second to none
Sr. Financial Mgmt Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2015
I rate Cedars a high 8 out of 10. Great and big place to work. You definitely earn your keep here! I am more detail oriented than ever having worked here.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Have to get up real early to get here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2015
I was employed at Cedars for nine and one half years.

I was promoted from Medical Records to Telecommunications after five years in that position.

I enjoyed my work in both departments and would probably still be there, but there was a downsizing during the recession.

Great place to work.
summary
Management Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2015
I always provide excellent customer service to the patients and others. I learned that working together as a team you get better results. Time management is extremely important to maximized quality work. I respect my co-workers opinions and work well with them. The hardest about a job is not recognizing your hard work and effort. I really enjoy working with people.
Great workplace with great coworkers
Physical Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2015
I have really enjoyed working here. Management is very supportive of patient-centered care and they value the mental and emotional well-being of their employees by providing positive feedback and minimizing negativity. Staff are supportive of each other and their patients.
Productive place with top and great technology
Clinical system specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2015
Cedars Sina is productive place with top and great health care technology for quality of care and patient safety.
It has perfect medical devices and IT infrastructure and all of them are integrated to provide best caring services, on time and high accuracy.
Management/Work & Life Balance is Horrible.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 15, 2015
Compensation/Benefits are the best things they can offer.

Management do not care about your educational background. They only care if you are constantly being nice to all the higher authorities around the department. You're unable to grow financially, if you're favored by your managers you have a possibility of getting a raise. They give decent bonuses supposedly. Health Insurance benefits are great.

Work and Life Balance is Unhopeful: This place eats the life out of you.

Job Security: If you make one mistake, you're done for. Fired.

All your co-workers don't want to work, they all want to mooch off of hard workers instead. They all don't work or there's just lack of employees. They don't hire because they give you a good salary and think that they can slave you around after that.
Love my job
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance CaOctober 12, 2015
Great company to work for, they have great benefits, merit awards, team players, great management. i like when they let us work overtime.
Pros
great prizes
Highly competetive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2015
learned a lot from Cedars-Sinai that I will take with me wherever I go henceforth. It was a privilege working on the L&D Unit.
Pros
world leader in healthcare
Cons
very busy; sometimes too busy!
COOPERATIVE, SUPPORTIVE TEAM ENVIROM\NMENT
Registered Nurse at Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2015
VERY ORGANIZED; CO-WORKERS ARE VERY MUCH SUPPORTIVE AND COOPERATIVE. HOSPITAL ITESELF IS VERY SUPPOTIVE FOR NURSING EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT TO KEEP HIGH QUALITY HOSPITAL AS MAGNET STATUS
n/a
CST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2015
Forged alliances with physicians and other health organizations building a solid referral base. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
I love working for this company.
Assisting nurses and doctors (Current Employee) –  Beverly HillsAugust 21, 2015
I really enjoy working for Cedars. It is well organized and they are always trying to improve to make patient care more efficient.

Benefits are really good as well.

I have nothing bad to say about this company.

4.2