Cedarville University Employee Reviews

CU is PU (Pharisee University)-- for the past two decades
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJuly 3, 2017
Every hackneyed stereotype of backwards, oppressive Pharisee-ism unfortunately rings true at this so called Christian college; sad part is, that there are still some wonderful people who work here (they are most likely stuck, unable to career move out from there, after this many years dedicated; after all, academic jobs are in terrible decline) -- plus, my students were generally among the best young people I have ever taught-- ever...yet still, they too were stuck: stuck with the false PR they (and their parents & churches) bought into when first deciding to attend there. Tenure for women? a joke --unless you are married to it. Tenure durability for anybody? (i.e. tenure doesn't really mean anything here: Want examples? See AAUP censure of Cedarville and its very own alumnus professor who respectfully expressed an "other" possible theological opinion (read: Bible department in-bred) --and he was fired, his tenure revoked! Or, how about the lady professor (and her husband) who made jazz and contemporary music well known on the campus (as well as off campus) who was rated for teaching excellence by her students, ...when (almost) up for tenure review-- she too was first threatened, then slandered -and ultimately driven away. (Strong student support for their profs did not matter in either of these cases either...) There is NO tenure of any validity on this campus. Honestly, after having worked there ...and having observed how several wonderful colleagues were treated, I left-- of my own accord, and never looked back. I counsel students to stay far away from the place--  more... even today. Still under censure, with no apparent intent to show repentance towards those they've so egregiously wronged, it's hard to trust in the true nature of the Christianity in this administration or its Board: my mind always returns to the parables Jesus told...about those forgiven much, yet continually unwilling to forgive the smallest offenses themselves... what else can be said?  less
Enjoyable work environment
Assistant Men's/ Head Men's Junior Varsity Coach (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJune 11, 2017
Employees exhibit pride in their University. Very Beautiful campus with excellent facilities. Job opportunity provides unlimited travel opportunities and mission trips.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cu
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHMay 22, 2017
Great University, A perfect place to grow in your faith and professional growth as well. Leadership leads with Christ like attitude and always a great working environment.
This is a College cafeteria
Food line maintenance and cleaning (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHMay 21, 2017
This workplace is very easy and you work with great people. Heavy lifting and cleaning. Management varies depending on shift. The location is the hardest part
Fun atmosphere
Student Center Activities Board (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHMay 11, 2017
Loved working here because of the people and events. Lots of new opportunities and areas to grow. Sometimes it is difficult to meet with direct supervisors.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
This is a Christian University and most of the faculties and staffs are very nice.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 29, 2017
All the people are very Christian like and very effective in working. People are understanding and they know how to corporate with each other. I was the teacher's assistant and office assistant, and they were not hard jobs at all, and no one gave me a hard time.
Great atmosphere
Gymnasium and rec center front desk supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 17, 2017
It is a wonderful place to work. The people are fantastic and the managers are great to work with. They are great about scheduling around your school schedule and very flexible when they need to be.
Easy to work for with great people
Information Technology Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 12, 2017
A great place to work with a lot of amazing people. Very flexible with scheduling and a great place to work as a student. There are many different available opportunities in such a large university.
Cedarville is good
Production Services Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 9, 2017
I went to Cedarville university and immensely enjoyed my time all while also growing closer to God. Production services was amazing to work for I highly recommend it.
Cedarville was a great place to get an education, and a place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I worked for Cedarville in two different capacities as a student.

I worked in the cafeteria through the summers, serving the various groups that used the facilities for camps and conventions.

One Summer I instead worked Custodial, cleaning the various buildings between each group of visitors.

My co-workers were always interesting, and there was a bit of friendly competition regarding efficiency.
Excellent work environment
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHNovember 20, 2016
It's a wonderful work environment if you adhere to the doctrine the University employs. The coworkers are friendly, and the supervisors are very hands off unless help is needed. The job isn't too challenging, but there's enough to keep you busy.
productive, community focused, Christian views
Shadowed a social worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2016
A great place to learn about psychology and spiritual enlightenment. There is a great community of people that allow you to be yourself and grown as an individual. They prepare students well for many things outside of academic life and guide you in the direction that you feel is right.
Pros
great professors, welcoming peers, great music
Cons
can be quiet, a little far from shopping centers
Easy and Efficient
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 12, 2016
Great communication about what I need to do, room for creativity, and enough time to do my best work. The most enjoyable part is that I get to use my own creative skills to reach the student body.
Nice working with kids
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 23, 2016
It is a great opportunity to be able to do work study and work with kids while doing it. It is a good chance to practice people, communication and responsibility skills.
Do not work here
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Everyone here is a hypocrite! Do not work here!

They expect their workers to do the work of 4 people. Hours are awful and management is terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Wonderful place to work
Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHDecember 30, 2014
Truly a wonderful place to work. Pay is relatively low but the benefits can very very good. Especially the longer you work there.
Pros
Great environment. free school credits after a years work.
Cons
Relatively low pay.
Good post - college job
Team Lead, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHDecember 29, 2014
I enjoyed the leadership experience that I gained during this role. I also enjoyed the sense of accomplishment gained after seeing the tangible results of our work.
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHNovember 29, 2014
8-5 workday with 30 min break and 1 hour lunch. Very easy to work with people in this company.

I learned how to communicate clearly with people who were different than me.

Management was great. They treated me with dignity and respect. I never once felt like I was being talked down to.

Co-workers were also great. We all came from similar backgrounds and communicated well.

The hardest part of the job was working just above minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and trust between management and subordinates.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Becoming more political
Uplifting and Caring Work Environment
General Carpentry & Carpet Crew (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHAugust 11, 2014
My overall experience at Cedarville University was amazing. It was a refreshing experience to have employers and bosses that actually cared about their employees and were willing to get to know them even outside of the workplace. I hope to find work that is as enjoyable as this experience.
Pros
Overtime, Adequate breaks, pot luck lunch on Fridays, steady hours, helpful staff
Cons
lower pay
fun, busy workplace with a lot of fun people working there
Cafeteria cleanup crew (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHMay 25, 2014
Cedarville was a very cool place to work because they were really very laid back about when you wokred, who you could trade work with, etc... It had several positions you could work at, and you could different ones throughout the week if you felt you could do it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedarville University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5