Cedarville University Employee Reviews

Cedarville was a great place to get an education, and a place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I worked for Cedarville in two different capacities as a student.

I worked in the cafeteria through the summers, serving the various groups that used the facilities for camps and conventions.

One Summer I instead worked Custodial, cleaning the various buildings between each group of visitors.

My co-workers were always interesting, and there was a bit of friendly competition regarding efficiency.
Excellent work environment
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHNovember 20, 2016
It's a wonderful work environment if you adhere to the doctrine the University employs. The coworkers are friendly, and the supervisors are very hands off unless help is needed. The job isn't too challenging, but there's enough to keep you busy.
productive, community focused, Christian views
Shadowed a social worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2016
A great place to learn about psychology and spiritual enlightenment. There is a great community of people that allow you to be yourself and grown as an individual. They prepare students well for many things outside of academic life and guide you in the direction that you feel is right.
Pros
great professors, welcoming peers, great music
Cons
can be quiet, a little far from shopping centers
Easy and Efficient
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 12, 2016
Great communication about what I need to do, room for creativity, and enough time to do my best work. The most enjoyable part is that I get to use my own creative skills to reach the student body.
Nice working with kids
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 23, 2016
It is a great opportunity to be able to do work study and work with kids while doing it. It is a good chance to practice people, communication and responsibility skills.
Do not work here
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Everyone here is a hypocrite! Do not work here!

They expect their workers to do the work of 4 people. Hours are awful and management is terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHNovember 29, 2014
8-5 workday with 30 min break and 1 hour lunch. Very easy to work with people in this company.

I learned how to communicate clearly with people who were different than me.

Management was great. They treated me with dignity and respect. I never once felt like I was being talked down to.

Co-workers were also great. We all came from similar backgrounds and communicated well.

The hardest part of the job was working just above minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and trust between management and subordinates.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Becoming more political
Uplifting and Caring Work Environment
General Carpentry & Carpet Crew (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHAugust 11, 2014
My overall experience at Cedarville University was amazing. It was a refreshing experience to have employers and bosses that actually cared about their employees and were willing to get to know them even outside of the workplace. I hope to find work that is as enjoyable as this experience.
Pros
Overtime, Adequate breaks, pot luck lunch on Fridays, steady hours, helpful staff
Cons
lower pay
Great place to work!
Print Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHApril 3, 2013
Cedarville University is an awesome place to work. The family atmosphere as well as their love for the Lord make it a great combination. Was not unusual to pray before meetings or have a Bible study lunch. They encouraged you to pursue interests outside of your job and to get involved with the students at the University. After working there 9 years I didn't want to leave - but it was time to move on to a great adventure in the oil fields!
Pros
amazing atmosphere, excellent management
Cons
having to leave.
fun, busy workplace with a lot of fun people working there
Cafeteria cleanup crew (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHMay 25, 2014
Cedarville was a very cool place to work because they were really very laid back about when you wokred, who you could trade work with, etc... It had several positions you could work at, and you could different ones throughout the week if you felt you could do it.
Wonderful place to work
Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHDecember 30, 2014
Truly a wonderful place to work. Pay is relatively low but the benefits can very very good. Especially the longer you work there.
Pros
Great environment. free school credits after a years work.
Cons
Relatively low pay.
Good post - college job
Team Lead, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHDecember 29, 2014
I enjoyed the leadership experience that I gained during this role. I also enjoyed the sense of accomplishment gained after seeing the tangible results of our work.
Enjoyable workplace
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJune 13, 2012
The cafeteria is a good place to work, but some of the staff are rude and don't take time to learn your name.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJune 18, 2012
All university staff very friendly
Wonderful working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedarville University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5