CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Worst job of my life dont work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2016
I worked there for 2 months in that time o had a gun pulled on me when I call the manger at 2:55am she got there at 6:00am I worked long hours only to have a assistant manger steal my safe drops after they got the manger I still stayed but the Gm and the other mangers only work in the morning no mid days and no nights we counted their cigarette even through the mangers suppose to do we had to do it they treated us like slaves over 60 hours a week and your check still 300 dollars I will never work #543 again never worst job in my life lazy lazy management
Pros
Cons
Sad mangement lazy people
Not the best company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rising Star, TXNovember 29, 2016
I started out part time then I was moved to full time because of a huge number of turnovers due to management. I littarly had days where I had to call the manager to see if she was coming to work. Then after staying for almost a year the company refused to give me a raise while I was pretty much the only one working every day, sometimes 16 hours a day. Then one week they tried to short my check because " I had too many hours" even though I was pretty much the only other associate at the store
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible ethics
I would never work for this company ever again
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 24, 2016
They will fire you with no reason whatsoever or if you do anything to p off the manager that she will fire you on the spot do not work for Cefco!!!!!!!
Cons
The company does not really care about its employees. No perks at all for working there....
Deli Lead (Former Employee) –  Valley Mills, TXNovember 23, 2016
Suppose it would be okay for someone starting out so they can learn that working is not always a walk in the park. Or maybe an okay place to work while going to school. But would not recommend for anyone else.
Fast pace service station
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 13, 2016
I worked here for almost four years. I started as a cashier, and eventually made my way to assistant manager. They have great benefits, and wonderful staff. I was really happy working here, and it gave me great insight into the world if customer service.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful staff, great scheduling
Cons
Over night shifts
Overworked underpaid. Not worth the year wasted!
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 6, 2016
Not enough hours for employee help. Very low upper management help. Often had to work 24 to 48 hours straight with no help.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
No support from upper management. Home office doesn't care for employment!
Sometimes nice work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 4, 2016
Four of my coworkers were sometimes unprofessional at times in front of customers. The things they would talk about were not appropriate at work or to be talked about in front of customers.
Pros
Alot of hours to work
Cons
Short breaks, no breaks at all, lazy coworkers
Enjoyable experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXOctober 31, 2016
Overall I will say it was an enjoyable experience. Just like any job there is alot of favoritism. The pay is not worth the job.
Pros
Cons
No breaks/lunches, pay not worth it
better than nothing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 28, 2016
this is not a job for someone to take care of a family on. you will be working late at night all along. large work load at the end of the night for little pay
Productive use of my time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 20, 2016
Learned how to stock and how to organize. Learned how to use gas price changer. It was a pretty decent job, on the rich side of the neighborhood so quite a lot of business came through there when i worked.
Pros
Free food and half price drinks
Cons
underpaid, didnt get paid for the first three weeks when you are actually supposed to be paid every week.
Great work place with new faces every day
cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 10, 2016
They new faces and new smiles bring they day at work so much easier. The regulars come in everyday at the same time it never fails and if it fails then somethings wrong. I learned how to use alot of new technical stuff to run the gas and gas cards all kinda of stuff.
Overall good work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSSeptember 26, 2016
Work environment was fair but co employees were not friendly. Management should have spent more time working on staff kindness. Thank you.
good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kemp, TXSeptember 22, 2016
had good experince working here. caring managment good carrier bass . also alot of smiling customers always making them happy when they leve.
Fun place to work for friendly people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I love the people I work with and my regular customers. We keep a very clean work place and the staff is very friendly. The downside is working second shift and not being home with my family in the evening.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I hate my shift
If you are an "outsider" you pretty much get treated poorly
Server (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2016
I came in from a different state. Worked at the airport and Nordstroms and a few other places with high value to customer service. Good luck trying to get waited on. They have no intentions on customer service and would rather talk to each other about their lives. I was doing everything the company handbook stated and got told that they don't do it that way. After awhile the manager transferred and a new manager taken over and was a complete a hole to me because of either: race, completely following the company outline on how to do stuff, and trying to get my manager to treat me with respect.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You don't have a life outside of work if you prove you do your job right.
Always cutting hours.
Line Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Tried to give it a 2 stars, but it kept changing itself!!! You're lucky if you get 20 hours a week, Labor to high and sales too low they say, The shift leads they hire need to have more experience in a lead position.
Pros
Free drinks and sandwiches. Friendly co-workers and customers.
Cons
No breaks, Always cutting hours, Favoritism, Very low pay..
They will chew you up and spit you out
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXSeptember 13, 2016
i was an assistant manager here for two years and I will admit it has been a waste of my life. the company does NOT care about you at all, they're more worried about filling a position then keeping honest people
the pay is terrible unless you're a store manager but still not enough for all the things you have to do.
Pros
Cool Customers
Cons
no OT, No breaks
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Great with advancement. works around school or another job . People are great there. Something's could be different. Great management. There no I in team there.
Pros
We get half priced drinks from fountain machine
Cons
No breaks
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 16, 2016
Cefco is a friendly environment. Its a place you have to be on your toes. Your attitude says a lot about who you are and the company its self.
Pros
the customers
Cons
team members
Terrible. Awful work environment.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fritch, TXAugust 11, 2016
I would never suggest working at Cefco to anyone I know. There are more managers than food in that store. All I can do is my job however. I feel as though the mangers aren't capable of doing their jobs correctly.
Pros
Employee priced drinks.
Cons
Everything else.

2.9