CEFCO CONVENIENCE STORES

CEFCO CONVENIENCE STORES United States Employee Reviews

horrible
store manager (Former Employee), tyler txJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: everything else
Horrible Company. Consistently being harrassed and accused. Treat there employees like Bodies not people. No Breaks. Benefits are horrible. Pay is horrible. If you do get promoted they will eventually find or even make up a reason to fire you. Feel sorry for anyone who works for this company.
Lack of training and communication
Store Manager (Former Employee), Longview, TXJune 7, 2014
Pros: advance quickly, most people can't stand this job for very long so you can move up.
Cons: everything else.
This company's motto says it all-- "What about the customer?"

That is to say, they completely disregard their employees.

If you enjoy being constantly harassed to perform better, while lacking training, this is the job for you! There is essentially no training time allowed to store managers due to poor corporate structure with extremely high overhead cost. There is no communication between corporate level and store level, and your overall experience depends specifically on which store you are placed at. All stores are different, each manager making their own policy as they see fit. Keep in mind, these managers have had little to no training themselves, making it a gamble for your location to run successfully at all.

I was surprised to see an open listing for Cefco. Normally they are posted under "Confidential Convenience Stores" because hardly anyone will apply knowing otherwise.
Charlett is a great manager
Cashier/ 2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gun Barrel City,TXAugust 8, 2013
I enjoyed working for Cefco. The team was great and very good to work with.
I loved it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Paris, TXMarch 13, 2013
I loved this job. We became a family at this store and everything went smoothly. We knew the customers and everything was flexible. The only bad thing was the new company that bought us out. After that, everything became strict and eventually everyone at my store got fired. "Out with the old, in with the new" is what the supervisor said. The store lost several customers because of it. It's not a family anymore.
Good Starter Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Waco, TXDecember 3, 2012
Pros: weekly paychecks
Cons: no official breaks, no in-store benefits, you always feel like your on-call
this is your daily schedule:

- Clock in
- Count previous shifts till
- take over register while previous shift finishes up chores (they may finish or leave you with everything)
- your shift:
checking out customers
stock shelves and cooler
clean bathrooms and counters
take out trash inside and out
restock roller grill and any other hot food items sold in store.
investigate any customer complaints.

Note: This doesnt look like much, but it will take you all shift and is not easy to accomplish (sometimes you have a co worker on shift w/ you to invalidate this statement). this is made evident with previous shift not always doing anything on their shift (surprisingly common).

- work until relief comes into work
- touch up cooler and aesthetics while co worker counts our till and takes it over.

I found myself relying on just myself instead of any of my managers, they talk the talk, but most times just look for ways to get out of doing what their job calls for.

Hardest part: working alone on extremely busy days

Most enjoyable: clocking out
fast paced, alot of interaction with customers.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, TxSeptember 9, 2012
You definitely have to be able to multi-task constantly. Morning paperwork, running cash register, keeping beverage center fresh/clean, and keeping an eye on the fuel pumps all at the same time. I learned how to manage all of this and not get overwhelmed or stressed, things about retail that I never knew before and alot about computers/programs that were new to me. The hardest thing about my job is letting someone go. What I enjoyed most was to see the pride on my crews face when we would complete a project and I would tell them what a great job they did and how much I appreciated their work.
Good people in the field, too much turnover at the Upper Levels
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: store managers generally work 5am to 3 pm and overall hours are not bad.
Cons: leadership bounces around on initiatives and processes that are in place are antiquated.
This company burns out their management. Store managers on average recieved about a $3 a week salary increase for last year and many didn't receive raises at all the year before. As the VP, it was hard to keep people motivated.
Fast Paced
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), Fairhope, ALAugust 11, 2012
Cool, fun, meet new people, helping others, discounted fountain drinks. always have sells

CEFCO CONVENIENCE STORES Salaries