CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Upper management doesn't care about store level employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 16, 2017
After managing a store for 3 years, I was forced to transfer to another store 30 miles away with only 4 days notice and no choice to decline without losing me job. No consideration was given to my life outside of work. I was told that it was for the good of the company.
Cons
Too many hours without pay.
Too many hours not enough pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfiled, TxSeptember 15, 2017
Job was extremely stressful, 10 hour shifts turned in to 16 or more, if you didn't sell enough charity balloons you were written up or if you didn't sell what they felt you should sell in the new tea that was another write up.
Pros
Meeting new people on daily
Cons
not enough pay for what is expected for a manager
Overall good workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Was doing good until my pay was messed up. So in turn I left. Management was kind of bad. As soon as I started working a week later I had to run the store completely alone was told I could call manager if needed any help and he would answer. However he never did until way after the fact
Pros
Simple
Cons
Bad management
It was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 5, 2017
I like working there but didn't like the pay nor hours I would only 5 hours or less it was okay at sum time but I need extra hours and they wasnt giving me any
Stressful but fun.
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 31, 2017
Not a bad place work but it is stressful sometimes. If someone calls in sick you have to cover if you can't find anyone and they don't want overtime so you have to deal with that. But the training is good and the managers are a great bunch of people.
Its an okay place to work as long as you get the right store.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXAugust 28, 2017
Wanted out of there as soon as they cut our store hours to where NO one can live off the paycheck. I wouldn't recommend working here unless it's a go between jobs.
Fun work place
Lead cashier (Current Employee) –  Lott, TXAugust 24, 2017
Fun work place, love working with customers and they are very flexible one thing I liked is when I got mystery shop and got a 100 bonus I love retail..
Deli manager
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Godley, TXAugust 22, 2017
This was my first job ever got moved up from cashier to deli assistant manager in a matter of months. Do what you feel is right and take initiative in your job
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed with the Fike's Company and all the Coperate workers were very nice and understanding. All the workers are very nice and patient and we all managed to deal with the hand we were dealt.
productive work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSAugust 18, 2017
work at Cefco over a year as assistant manager not enough pay for the hours management sucks and the cashiers walks out in the middle of shift because no one come to work on time and assistant managers are liable to cover those shift when cashier don't show up are walk out out.
Pros
free fountain drinks
Cons
no breaks
What I learned
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, MS 39325August 9, 2017
I learned more ways to put the customer training from mcdonalds to more use when dealing with customers because there was several different kinds of products that i had to learn about.
Pros
not to much good to say
Cons
what wasnt
didn't enjoy working their to much drama
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 4, 2017
Just need something better, I'm looking for a place where I can grow and learn new thing. I want to work with a good team where everyone pull their own weight I don't won't to have to babysit anyone or do their job for them
Simple job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 3, 2017
It's a simple and easy to learn job and you wI'll get hours.no room for advancement but you get hours. Manager is very hands on and willing to work with you.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No room for advancement
fair to midland company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  China Spring, TXAugust 2, 2017
My location was in the middle of no where and it was very easy going. It was a the team that made the difference. Everyone had their jobs to do and they did it.
Very cut throat. You aren't a person. You are a store number.
Store manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2017
Pathetic place. Used to be an ok place to work. Upper management has changed the dinamic of the environment. No one is happy. Everyone regularly attends interviews hoping for anything better.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement to the fullest. Poor training but held accountable to knowledge no one receives.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, ARJuly 22, 2017
Working a cefco was great when the district manager was Frank Artuso was there. He Actually cared about his workers he took the time out of his day to sit down and have normal conversations with each and every on of us.
work excessive amount of hours
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXJuly 21, 2017
I loved this job but i was working anywhere from 108 to 120 hours a week and not seeing the money for it. I was the most dependable worked that they had at the store. I never got any praise for the work I did but got critisised for the slightest thing that I did wrong
Wouldn't recommend
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 16, 2017
They don't hire managers they are qualified to manage anything. You don't get the hrs your supposed to get cause they hire friends and boyfriends. Overall this is not the place to work.
Cons
No breaks
This Place needs better upper management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, TXJuly 16, 2017
CEFCO stores inc, only cares about one thing: MONEY. They do not care about thier employees, especially the ones in the smaller stores or the stores in smaller towns. If one disagrees with even the smallest thing, they will find a way to get rid of you, up to and including accusations of theft.
Job was awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, TXJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed this job very much. Management was very good to work with. Everyone took turns doing the job specifications. Very good company to work with.
Pros
work extra hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFCO Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6