CEFCO Convenience Stores

CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Overall good work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pelahatchie, MSSeptember 26, 2016
Work environment was fair but co employees were not friendly. Management should have spent more time working on staff kindness. Thank you.
Fun place to work for friendly people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, TXSeptember 21, 2016
I love the people I work with and my regular customers. We keep a very clean work place and the staff is very friendly. The downside is working second shift and not being home with my family in the evening.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
I hate my shift
If you are an "outsider" you pretty much get treated poorly
Server (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2016
I came in from a different state. Worked at the airport and Nordstroms and a few other places with high value to customer service. Good luck trying to get waited on. They have no intentions on customer service and would rather talk to each other about their lives. I was doing everything the company handbook stated and got told that they don't do it that way. After awhile the manager transferred and a new manager taken over and was a complete a hole to me because of either: race, completely following the company outline on how to do stuff, and trying to get my manager to treat me with respect.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
You don't have a life outside of work if you prove you do your job right.
Always cutting hours.
Line Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Tried to give it a 2 stars, but it kept changing itself!!! You're lucky if you get 20 hours a week, Labor to high and sales too low they say, The shift leads they hire need to have more experience in a lead position.
Pros
Free drinks and sandwiches. Friendly co-workers and customers.
Cons
No breaks, Always cutting hours, Favoritism, Very low pay..
They will chew you up and spit you out
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Forney, TXSeptember 13, 2016
i was an assistant manager here for two years and I will admit it has been a waste of my life. the company does NOT care about you at all, they're more worried about filling a position then keeping honest people
the pay is terrible unless you're a store manager but still not enough for all the things you have to do.
Pros
Cool Customers
Cons
no OT, No breaks
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Great with advancement. works around school or another job . People are great there. Something's could be different. Great management. There no I in team there.
Pros
We get half priced drinks from fountain machine
Cons
No breaks
fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 16, 2016
Cefco is a friendly environment. Its a place you have to be on your toes. Your attitude says a lot about who you are and the company its self.
Pros
the customers
Cons
team members
Terrible. Awful work environment.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fritch, TXAugust 11, 2016
I would never suggest working at Cefco to anyone I know. There are more managers than food in that store. All I can do is my job however. I feel as though the mangers aren't capable of doing their jobs correctly.
Pros
Employee priced drinks.
Cons
Everything else.
unproductive place for long-term placement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wortham, TXAugust 2, 2016
typical work week was 12 hour shifts often seven days straight; difficult to keep help because the pay scale was so low; often I worked alone during the busiest peak business hours because upper management demanded single coverage.
Pros
yearly vacation for fulltime if you lasted long enough to get one
Cons
breaks didnt exist; difficult to keep help because of the low payscale
store employee
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Slaton, TXJuly 25, 2016
I was basically an overpaid cashier I never had the employees I needed to work my store cause the DM had to personally approve all new hires and her words were I quote "I just Done like them" and I couldn't hire them so I would be stuck working mornings afternoons and nights
Pros
nbo pros
Cons
DM ion this area is a joke
A job Worth Having
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownfield, TXJuly 11, 2016
At Cefco, you werent just an employee. you were part of a family. A family that understands, accepts and supports each other through out the day. Management always made themselves available for communication; and was always willing to take suggestions to help make the environment more comfortable for everyone to get the job done well. Cefco was a place to not only build friendships with co-workers but also with your customers.
easy job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexia, TXJuly 10, 2016
cool work place employees and managment work closely togather quick paced work no time to be lazy here lots of training opps not so much pay incentives
Pros
indoor job set schedules
Cons
low pay
hated it
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 7, 2016
when I worked there over the year and a half we had 6 different store managers, they pay you minimum wage, and they treat you as you can easily be replaced.
I will not even shop there anymore.
you get what you pay for, every time I go in a Cefco now, they are dirty.
I hated working there, the customers were my favorite part. I worked my butt off and only received a 50.00 raise the whole time I was there.
Pros
regular customers, paycheck
Cons
healthcare, pay rates, managers, company
Busy workplace with steady customer contact
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, MSJuly 3, 2016
I have been with Cefco for 3+ years. A normal workday consists of closing out the day and running the reports. Preparing the bank deposit from the prior day's drops. Working along with other employee's to ensure the cleanliness of our business. Handling customers in a timely manner for their convenience. I am currently the stand in manager at this time, and I strive to be fair to each employee. I have learned how to manage time so we can get the job done. The hardest part of this job would have to be managing your time wisely between customers and every duty you are required to get completed throughout your shift. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting many different people.
Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 15, 2016
I would go into work at 5 in the morning. Suppose to get off at 2 but due to tardy employers sometimes that would be pushed back. I had certain duties to have done on a time frame while greeting and helping incoming customers. You had to do more work for everything to be smooth if the person on the shift before you did not complete their tasked. Management was very tedious but had no help!
i learned to make the job flow easier everyone must do their part and try to dominated the task at hand. Overall I liked the job, there was nothing too hard just things that had to be done.
Pros
met many people
Cons
no lunchbreak, no benefits, no help with management
Terrible company. No values or standards from the upper managment and you almost NEVER see the owner around.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 14, 2016
RUN!! DO NOT SUPPORT CEFCO! I was hired on as general manager, and from the start they ended up not coming 100% on what was promised or told to me when I was hired. Very unprofessional upper management and that goes all the way to the DM too. No guidance or standards for anything done around there. I worked within three months and three different locations locally and they all ran the same. I took myself away from the bad habits as far as managers, so I could receive the proper training that even I knew I should have received. It took me three different stores and three different managers to finally decide to close that chapter in my manager story and open up a new one with more of my passion and standards. I gave Cefco a try and they had me baffled by how they are running as a company.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Potentially hazardous to your health. Bad company ethics and no respect.
Loved my job and customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TXJune 11, 2016
Worked hard everyday for minimum wage, but was well worth it. Had close relationships with customers and lost a lot of weight. I never had any major issues with coworkers, customers or management.
Pros
Kept me in shape and built close bonds with customers.
Cons
Bugs all over pumps in the summer and not enough pay.
most flexible place ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 7, 2016
easily advanced when hard work is necessary extra hours and duties are always available when needed by employees. not all customers are willing to be wrong. the customer is not always right
a very team player kind of work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Quanah, TXMay 25, 2016
Opening the store as a manager consists of running the morning reports, counting the deposit, and making sure the safe is at the set level. After those things are done I would do the morning paperwork, work on the schedule weekly, making sure all shifts are covered. Stocking the cooler and the sales floor is a daily task just like several other things. There was nothing to difficult that I could not handle with this job.
Great place to start in your customer service feild
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSMay 19, 2016
my time at Cefco convince store was amazing. I met new people everyday. I even had many regular customers come in everyday just to see me. We raised a lot of money for the children miracle network and gave the community great deals on everything. It is truly a great company.
Pros
employee discount

2.7