CEFCO

CEFCO Employee Reviews

manager
Manager (Former Employee), Mendenhall, MSJune 30, 2015
I ordered for my store to make sure my store had what it needed and I hired and fired for my store . and I love my job there I liked meeting new people and all my people were always very nice to any one that came into my store.
Fun work place
Cashier / Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Temple, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: No cons
I like working at Cefco. The people I work with are great. The hardest part about my job there is dealing with rude customers. I have learned many things since I started working at Cefco. I hope to take what I have learned into my next job.
Check the reviews, then RUN
Store Manager (Former Employee), TexasJune 9, 2015
If you read the reviews, and not just those posted by FIKES in some pathetic attempt to offset the negatives, you'll notice NOT ONE of their former employees would recommend working for this company. RUN, don't walk away. Unless you're desperate. Then keep in mind, everything they tell you is a lie.
I enjoyed working with the public
Store Manager (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJune 4, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: working 60 hours a week and only get paid for 40 being on salary
Closing store daily, making deposits, and managing a team of 7. Working with my customers was the best part of my day cause they was always full of life.Hardest part of my job was shrink when you hire in dishonest people. Dealing with all of the unprofessional people above you
working alone, no breaks
assistant manager (Former Employee), Paris, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: half price drinks
Cons: only half price drinks
stocking,waiting on customers cleaning. basicly by yourself most of the time. Trying to stock when you are alone is sometimes difficult, because you have to also run the register.
good company to work for if you are starting out
General Manager (Current Employee), longview txMay 27, 2015
Pros: great hours for managers
Cons: expensive heath care no job security
overall ok company but no job security of incentive to move up, learned loss prevention p and l reports management training. enjoyed getting to know the ins and out of service station industry
Not a good job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Teague, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: everthing else
Under paid overworked and unreasonable expextations. Hourly employees treated poorly, Managment is not appreceated.
blah
Cashier/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marlin, TXMay 10, 2015
Cons: Cant win for losing
Just didn't like this environment. Been there for about 2 years and never received a raised. Never been written up, cash registar never been short and still no raise
Fun and calm place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fairfield, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: pay was not what i expected
This was a very fun and productive place to work even for working the grave yard shift it was very safe and calm store. Co workers were very nice and easy to work with.
Productive and great work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Half off everything
Cons: managment
Cefco was a store where I learned more great things. For example, customer service skills, getting to know people, and gaining the respect of others.
Long hours, low pay, no breaks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great customers, benefits
Cons: no breaks, low pay, lack of concern about employees health or family, long work hours
Cefco was a great place to work to me at first until they hired this new store manager. My coworkers get to say what they're not working and what they can work which is a big problem for me. Everyone knows that you're required to work flexible hours so what's the problem. No one does what they're suppose to do and it's annoying. This company doesn't care about their employees nor customers. All they care about is the money and when I find something else I'm gone.
Over worked and under paid employees. Company expects one person to take on and do too much daily.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers, regular customers
Cons: district managers lack of knowledge on how stores work, and basic paperwork and reports
This company was more interested in its bottom line and what other stores were doing, then the welfare of its employees. Too many times, procedures changed on a daily basis, and everyone told you to do the same thing, differently. Too much changing and not enough consistency. Too many areas for human error, this could of been changed and human error taken out. Allot of micromanaging done by district managers that did not even know how the stores run, or anything about daily paperwork. Enjoyed working with all those I worked with, manager knew what she was doing, but, upper management made job much harder then needed
Dissatisfied with job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, MSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: pay, customers
Cons: management, coworkers, not safe
Working for Cefco was probably one of the worst jobs next to Waffle House that I have ever worked. I worked the overnight shift because I am under 21. That was fine for the most part, but it dug into and personal time that could have been had. My relationship was almost completely torn apart and my family never saw me considering I would sleep all day just to have the energy to work at night. When I would come into work the first thing that would always hit me was the fact that nothing was done. First and second shift were always slacking, but because I believe that your job is your job, I made sure to pick up that slack and do my job. The only thing that made my experience working for Cefco bearable were the customers. I eventually left after working there was not only not worth it, but also unsafe. I was held at gunpoint, robbed, then made to work an extra 2 hours afterward. Also, my time had been altered for several weeks to meet my manager's time requirements. For example, if I had to stay late because the next shift was late (which happened often, especially with my manager and assistant manager), she altered my time to where instead of clocking out 30 minutes late, I only clocked out 5 minutes late. If anyone clocked in more than 5 minutes early, that time would also be altered. I asked her about it once and she said it was because her boss had written her up too many times for her time being wrong and she did not want to be written up again.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great customer service experience
Cons: not enough benefits and low pay
• Ensured inventory control and shipment orders for all new merchandise
• Maintained proper cash handling procedures and controls
CORP. LEVEL MANAGEMENT WORST I'VE EBERT SEEN WORKING IN THIS INDUSTRY
Store Manager / Ex employee (Former Employee), TexasMarch 1, 2015
Cons: customers and cashiers
Corporate level management up is horrible in this company. Nothing from District Managers on Up is about helping actually improve training and support for All Store Level Employees. THEY ARE ALL WORRIED ABOUT PASSING BLAME TO SAVE THEIR OWN BUTTS! NO JOB SECURITY FOR ANY LEVEL OF EMPLOYEE!! Only focus is way more can they Add to sell and duties to Assign to one person to get more and more of the All mighty dollar. Cheap on MAINTAINING STORE OPERATIONS! But will s spend millions on a new product if they think it will make them a dollar, and if it doesn't that is All the store levels fault and not that the store isn't allowed enough employees or hours to keep up with all the requirements and check lists etc. That 50 others bosses on the corporate LEVEL require of one person as well. If one person isn't able to do the work of 3 they will focus on what they can try to find to fire you for or make you so miserable you want to quit. RESPECT AND TEAMWORK ARE NOT ANY PART OF THIS COMPANIES VOCABULARY!!!
productive and fun
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), westFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the advancement
Cons: the lay offs
a typical day at it was like everyday was something new to learni learn how to drive a standup forklift a cherrypicker and power palletjack
Team Building Management Style
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Liberty Hill, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the ability to develop a happy workplace environment.
Cons: low payroll budget causing low pay or low hours.
As an Assistant Store Manager, I was responsible for training the entire staff in various daily operations. I found that by treating the team as a family and asking the associates to do various projects was far more productive than managing by fear of punishment. In the end, I found that any one of my associates would bend over backwards for me and would do anything I asked of them.
I already did this review, I am not doing it again, pt 2
Deli Crew Member (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I already submitted this review, I am not submitting it again just because you guys had an error in your system and did not save it. and seriously, FORCING us to review our workplaces, is just ridiculous. I have half a mind to just close this tab a never use this site again. don't force people to do things. it's downright stupid, NOBODY likes to be forced to do these things, NOBODY.

this forced review thing was a bad idea, and whoever came up with it should be sacked.
the most unorganized company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: not enough pay, too much work. employees work long hours alone
This job started out as a fun place to work. The managers make lots of excuses for the lazy employees. You are expected to work long hours and be the only cashier. Employees hours are constantly getting cut every week
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belton, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Slow work environment where you are by yourself. Your manager does not interact with you

1 2 3 4