CEFCO

CEFCO Employee Reviews

blah
Cashier/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Marlin, TXMay 10, 2015
Cons: Cant win for losing
Just didn't like this environment. Been there for about 2 years and never received a raised. Never been written up, cash registar never been short and still no raise
Fun and calm place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fairfield, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: pay was not what i expected
This was a very fun and productive place to work even for working the grave yard shift it was very safe and calm store. Co workers were very nice and easy to work with.
Productive and great work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Half off everything
Cons: managment
Cefco was a store where I learned more great things. For example, customer service skills, getting to know people, and gaining the respect of others.
Long hours, low pay, no breaks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great customers, benefits
Cons: no breaks, low pay, lack of concern about employees health or family, long work hours
Cefco was a great place to work to me at first until they hired this new store manager. My coworkers get to say what they're not working and what they can work which is a big problem for me. Everyone knows that you're required to work flexible hours so what's the problem. No one does what they're suppose to do and it's annoying. This company doesn't care about their employees nor customers. All they care about is the money and when I find something else I'm gone.
Over worked and under paid employees. Company expects one person to take on and do too much daily.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers, regular customers
Cons: district managers lack of knowledge on how stores work, and basic paperwork and reports
This company was more interested in its bottom line and what other stores were doing, then the welfare of its employees. Too many times, procedures changed on a daily basis, and everyone told you to do the same thing, differently. Too much changing and not enough consistency. Too many areas for human error, this could of been changed and human error taken out. Allot of micromanaging done by district managers that did not even know how the stores run, or anything about daily paperwork. Enjoyed working with all those I worked with, manager knew what she was doing, but, upper management made job much harder then needed
Dissatisfied with job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, MSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: pay, customers
Cons: management, coworkers, not safe
Working for Cefco was probably one of the worst jobs next to Waffle House that I have ever worked. I worked the overnight shift because I am under 21. That was fine for the most part, but it dug into and personal time that could have been had. My relationship was almost completely torn apart and my family never saw me considering I would sleep all day just to have the energy to work at night. When I would come into work the first thing that would always hit me was the fact that nothing was done. First and second shift were always slacking, but because I believe that your job is your job, I made sure to pick up that slack and do my job. The only thing that made my experience working for Cefco bearable were the customers. I eventually left after working there was not only not worth it, but also unsafe. I was held at gunpoint, robbed, then made to work an extra 2 hours afterward. Also, my time had been altered for several weeks to meet my manager's time requirements. For example, if I had to stay late because the next shift was late (which happened often, especially with my manager and assistant manager), she altered my time to where instead of clocking out 30 minutes late, I only clocked out 5 minutes late. If anyone clocked in more than 5 minutes early, that time would also be altered. I asked her about it once and she said it was because her boss had written her up too many times for her time being wrong and she did not want to be written up again.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great customer service experience
Cons: not enough benefits and low pay
• Ensured inventory control and shipment orders for all new merchandise
• Maintained proper cash handling procedures and controls
CORP. LEVEL MANAGEMENT WORST I'VE EBERT SEEN WORKING IN THIS INDUSTRY
Store Manager / Ex employee (Former Employee), TexasMarch 1, 2015
Cons: customers and cashiers
Corporate level management up is horrible in this company. Nothing from District Managers on Up is about helping actually improve training and support for All Store Level Employees. THEY ARE ALL WORRIED ABOUT PASSING BLAME TO SAVE THEIR OWN BUTTS! NO JOB SECURITY FOR ANY LEVEL OF EMPLOYEE!! Only focus is way more can they Add to sell and duties to Assign to one person to get more and more of the All mighty dollar. Cheap on MAINTAINING STORE OPERATIONS! But will s spend millions on a new product if they think it will make them a dollar, and if it doesn't that is All the store levels fault and not that the store isn't allowed enough employees or hours to keep up with all the requirements and check lists etc. That 50 others bosses on the corporate LEVEL require of one person as well. If one person isn't able to do the work of 3 they will focus on what they can try to find to fire you for or make you so miserable you want to quit. RESPECT AND TEAMWORK ARE NOT ANY PART OF THIS COMPANIES VOCABULARY!!!
productive and fun
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), westFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the advancement
Cons: the lay offs
a typical day at it was like everyday was something new to learni learn how to drive a standup forklift a cherrypicker and power palletjack
Team Building Management Style
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Liberty Hill, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the ability to develop a happy workplace environment.
Cons: low payroll budget causing low pay or low hours.
As an Assistant Store Manager, I was responsible for training the entire staff in various daily operations. I found that by treating the team as a family and asking the associates to do various projects was far more productive than managing by fear of punishment. In the end, I found that any one of my associates would bend over backwards for me and would do anything I asked of them.
I already did this review, I am not doing it again, pt 2
Deli Crew Member (Former Employee), Temple, TXJanuary 27, 2015
I already submitted this review, I am not submitting it again just because you guys had an error in your system and did not save it. and seriously, FORCING us to review our workplaces, is just ridiculous. I have half a mind to just close this tab a never use this site again. don't force people to do things. it's downright stupid, NOBODY likes to be forced to do these things, NOBODY.

this forced review thing was a bad idea, and whoever came up with it should be sacked.
the most unorganized company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: not enough pay, too much work. employees work long hours alone
This job started out as a fun place to work. The managers make lots of excuses for the lazy employees. You are expected to work long hours and be the only cashier. Employees hours are constantly getting cut every week
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belton, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Slow work environment where you are by yourself. Your manager does not interact with you
A great place to learn how to deal with people
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hearne, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers and regulars
Cons: no breaks, had to work alone on busy days, not allowed to sit or be idle
Cefco is an okay place to work as a first job or even part time; you learn how to handle rude customers and learn how far you can be pushed. The time I was there I enjoyed, mostly because of a few friendly regulars and my some of my coworkers. Having no breaks at all wasn't very pleasant along with having to stand for 8+ hours straight.
Fast paced.
Cashier (Former Employee), Temple, TXDecember 20, 2014
Very fast paced environment. Excellent employers and managers.
a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Meridian MsDecember 15, 2014
I loved working there a typical day at work would be me coming in cleaning and making coffee. I learned a lot there and would love to work there or any other Cefco. my manger was very good at what she do. my coworkers were a little messy but good overall. the hardest part was watching the pumps but I got it done. the most enjoyable part was meting my customers.
No loyalty
Deli manager (Former Employee), Temple TexasNovember 24, 2014
Pros: close to home. loved my customers benefits
Cons: not an employee friendly company to work for
I was with Cefco for almost 5 years. During that time I was subjected to labor abuse having to work 60 plus hours for 50 hour pay while they would cut hourly employees hours and short staff the store. They expect the work of two people out of one and still expect excellence. During my time there I witnessed a lot of favoritism, discrimination, as well as poor management. They pay poorly and unfairly. Employees that worked for a long time would end up being payed less than newer employees. They have many issues they need to look at and address before they'll ever be a good company to work for. The only reason I stayed was because of benefits and close to home so I had a close tie to many of my customers. Loved the job hated the company!
too much of other employees not my job and hours being cut
Overnight cashier (Current Employee), Mart, TXNovember 7, 2014
a typical work day is one employee working with alot of customers coming and and having to clean and stock
productive
cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXOctober 14, 2014
Specialty store experience a plus.
Excellent communication skills.
Basic knowledge of retail operations and inventory control.
Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Provide exceptional customer service.
Achieve sales goals.
Small town business
Assistant Retail Manager (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: full time hours
Cons: improper management
ran it like a small town business, was good for hours bad for policy and the like

1 2 3