CEI Employee Reviews

Awesome Company
Underground Electrical Opeperator DAPL (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJanuary 1, 2017
It was truly a privilege to work for a company that cares about thier employees. They strived daily to provide a safe work environment and the tools to get the job done.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, great pay
Cons
Too many breaks
Management Needs Improvement
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 18, 2016
Great place to earn experience, but direct management needs a vast improvement or restructuring. The company in Plymouth Meeting is filled with people from the same high school which makes for a toxic environment.
material handler and production worker where I had to develop different fragrances then prepare all of the finish work for packing
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 8, 2016
A typical day at work consists fun and enjoyment meeting new people and talking with them about how we can grow the company.
Amazing group of people/calm work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn navy yardJuly 28, 2016
I love the company the Management is understanding and the owners are nice. wish i received a higher pay for all the work i do.
Pros
supportive management, relaxed work environment, small office
Cons
no benefits, pay should be more
Once was the best place to work
National and State Contractor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2016
Learn a lot about people. Worked with a lot of educated and professional people. Retain a lot of knowledge working their. They care about their employees and take care of them. One can learn all the new technology about digital copier and other office machines.
Pros
you can work to retire, holidays off
Cons
Good people leave
Interesting company.
Vertical Mill, CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2016
I was able to learn 5 axis machining and set-ups. Lots of overtime with good benefits. i was also able to learn how composites are made and machined.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Not enough room in the machine shop.
Nice Place to work
Microbiologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Management is very good and understanding especially my manager. The co-workers are nice. I like working here close to home.
Decent place to work
Regional Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2016
No room for advancement. If you were not a billable consultant or a software developer you were looked at as a peasant. Once management had drained every bit they could out of you then you were kicked to the curb with absolutely no reason given. When asked as to the reason for the lay off i was told CEI was not required to give a reason.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
healthcare
everyone was friendly
Independent Contractor/ team driver (Former Employee) –  Neoho,moDecember 8, 2015
was able to make friends and customer relations. had never hauled llive chickens before, enjoyed the experience and love to work with animals. it was a dirty job but really enjoyed it.
Employees are friendly
Senior Bookkeeper, SRE (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 25, 2015
At times the enviornment can be too political due to funding status with the State. Some of the management staff are not experienced enough to be in their position
Many work hours when available. Little pay.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 31, 2015
Minimum wage is not enough for someone with a family. The hours are too much for mothers with families. No time for family or money for recreation.
Cei
Human Resources Manager / Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2015
N/A - No room for growth. President is ready to retire but not ready to release the reins to the Leadership Team. Outside of the 3 LT Members no room for any growth.
cansino electric bad company?
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  pleasanton caJuly 1, 2015
good place to work if your just trying to jump back in the trade and have a load of experience under your belt. not a place where there is face to face communication or job security. everyone talks about you behind your back and how you work. no great benefits really expensive as for what the pay you. dont recommend if your trying to learn the trade or trying to get some knowledge or experience.
na
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 17, 2015
none at this time, the position was on a temporary basis. I did not work long enough to form a valid opinion.

typical day was packaging items
nothing new was learned
I only knew who my supervisor
my coworkers were okay
nothing was hard about the job
the end of the day.
Productive and reliable
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hunlock, PAApril 15, 2015
CEI is a good place to work at. You could rely on work if you are a worker, the boss is generouse when he can be but has a stern foot.
Pros
free lunch transportation is provided if needed and is local
Cons
No specific start or end time, may be required to work byself on a two or more man project
A Family Company with a Family Atmosphere
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT SERVICES TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PA 19053March 3, 2015
CEI manages corporate fleets and drivers on one of their worst days; when they have an accident. It was rewarding to help people make sense of a trying obstacle to their day to day responsibilities.
Pros
Helping others, resolving customer conflicts, client presentations
Cons
Limited Mobility
moving
Feild Packer, Machine Operator, Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Roanoke VAJanuary 11, 2015
Nice company to work for.
training is proper taught
coworkers are friendly as well as the supervisors.
I feel very comfortable working there.
the hours may not be what you need but overall good comoany
small co. environment
Finance Director / CFO/ Controller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 18, 2014
small company environment, very accommodating of work life balance, present current immidate goals company culture, corporate headquarters remote plant locations and facilities, casual attire entrepreneurial attitude driving activities of a typical day
Cei was a great company to work for
FOREMAN/LINEMAN (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 24, 2014
This job was one that I learned hands on and enjoyed every minute of it. I was moved up quickly to foreman and was able to work with some hard working men. I enjoyed using the bucket truck, but can climb if I need to, did not mind digging if I had to. I loved the challenge to locate problems and finding solutions to it. I have hooked up transformers and traveled for the company out of town when necessary.They gave me an awesome opportunity to learn and I enjoyed it. I love a challenge
Pros
ABLE TO WORK THROUGH LUNCH IF I NEEDED TO FINISH A JOB AND EAT WHEN I HAD TIME
Cons
WASN'T ANYTHING I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE JOB OR THE COMPANY
Good place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wrightstown, WINovember 14, 2014
I have learned a lot and enjoy working with the people on my shift. I enjoy being able to make a difference and feeling like I have been a part In our success.
Pros
Pay
Cons
vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEI. Our community is ready to answer.