Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

not a bad place to work
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
not as organized as it should be. We worked 12 hours shifts and depended on to many different people to close deals. We couldn't get things accomplished over the weekends.
Driver Manager Coercion
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2017
The pay varies by an account which goes for hourly pay for local drivers as well as mileage pay for various loads to and from Canada or delivering within the United States. Local positions as of recent were in-house based but due to a huge turnover from its Indianapolis local food account things have turned for the worst.
Dispatchers feel like they can do whatever they feel like doing without consequence and talk to drivers anyway they please.
Pros
Open Door Policy
Cons
Noncompetitive Pay, Driver Manager Coercion
Well organized and honest
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 9, 2017
Good company for an over the road driver. Good equipment. Lots of routes and drop yards. Good atmosphere. Home time as scheduled. Good facilities. Maintenance of equipment excellent.
job
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2017
This job is a typical truck driving job and not for everyone. You could make good money if you were willing to travel a lot. The equipment was not the best
Driver Manager
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2017
I would manage at least 50 drivers per day. The atmosphere can be challenging at times but the intent needs to be met daily. I managed drivers that delivered a variety of products.
Pros
Good peers helping when needed.
Cons
Ensuring products were delivered on time.
Poor communication/disorganized
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2017
Been driving for this company less than 1 month now. Told them from the beginning I needed to be off and back home two days before a legal issue and made me stay on the road until 2 days AFTER. That's 5 days later than I requested and told from the start. Receive multiple loads at once for different times, dates, and locations through dispatch and dm's, and any time you need to contact someone urgently, you can enjoy the soothing "hold music" for a minimum of 30 minutes waiting on someone to let you know your problems will not be solved. I've never written a review on anything in my life and my experience with company has inspired me to do anything I can to make sure anyone looking to get into the trucking industry knows what they're getting into before they sign a contract with these corporate stains. They do not care about you. There is no local office. You deal with corporate workers who don't know you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else. Company insurance is garbage
Major lack of integrity from upper management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 9, 2017
Celadon as a company does not focus on the warehouse side of the business nearly enough. It is like the warehouses do not exist to them. We are the last to receive corporate notifications about news and events, HR basically does not exist for us, and we pay higher insurance rates rates for extremely terrible coverage.

Celadon (dedicated services) in Columbus, IN is quickly falling apart at the seams. They've allowed the customer to come in and change the standards and change the culture and as a result, the overall success and once exceptional working environment has paid the price. This is no longer a "partnership" with Cummins, it is a "dictatorship" lead by Cummins and our leadership teams response is to fire anyone who stands up for the greater good of Celadon.
good
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJune 8, 2017
Challenging environment with a solid company with opportunity for advancement. Flexible schedules are a plus. A positive work environment that will allow independent responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
None listed
Great Place to work
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Celadon Trucking. They gave me plenty loads, and always got me home when I needed. The pay was also great, more money than I've ever made.
stuck without pay
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2017
got stuck with out pay twice

and they shorted me.

my air never worked not once

they did comp for a hotel but since i had no money i couldn't eat some nice drivers helped me
A company that is only worried about their bottom line
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2017
Leasing a truck through you walk out not sure if you were violated or just bought a truck. Durring the lease signing i paused to read the agreement and was told to leave the room and handed a copy of a lease agreement (not actual agreement) and told to come back with next group. Asked if i could take my agreement they would not let me read before signing. Was told by another guy in the group that after i left the guy said. I dont need no trucker lawyers in here. That was with Quality Leasing.
Ok
Repack and packing (Former Employee) –  Janesville WisconsinMay 22, 2017
It's a good job it's at a very fast paced management was good to work with the hardest part about the job was making sure the numbers were right make sure everything was packed the right way and shipped to the right place
Poorly Managed
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
Typical day can be stressful due to needing to get approval from managers before being able to complete a task. This is necessary at first but need to allow workers to make decisions without being micro managed.
Future and Job Security Unknown
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2017
I enjoy working for Celadon. I enjoy the fast pace work environment but not much job security and no room for advancement. Pay was lower than I had expected but I enjoy learning about this industry from the bottom up.

I am very appreciative of what I've learned but that is limited as my position has been simplified and once my job is done, that is it. I would like to learn other processes but I'm stuck in my roll.

Not sure of health insurance rates from other companies but I feel like I am paying a lot in health insurance and I opted out of vision and dental since health was expensive enough.
Pros
fast pace, learning about the industry
Cons
lower pay, no room for advancement, turnover
The management staff is lacking
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2017
They have successfully created a hostile work environment. Where you are set up to be unable to fulfill your goals and service your customers period lose-lose situation all around
Pros
Free gym
driving cross country
Class A CDL Truck Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2017
it was ok until I broke down in Laredo TX for 5 days with no pay. not enough home time. it was a nice experience for the time. training was good still need more training.
Fun environment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, inMay 2, 2017
Fun environment very nice people to work with the managers are very cool the people make it fun to work with, work at your own pace but be productive, be well organized.
Fun
Planner (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 1, 2017
In Kernersville we're busy but it's a great environment. We have a lot of fun but work is still very fast paced. Corporate makes things harder than they need to be sometimes.
Fun place to work
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
I'm not gonna ruin it find out for urself, President of company had talk to new drivers and had lunch with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Know before you go
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2017
Offer bonus incentives that they take away at will without notification. "Scorecard" bonus discontinued in October 2016 without notification and did not pay from Jan - to date they said they discontinued.
Pros
Always get you home on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9