CELADON TRUCKING

CELADON TRUCKING Employee Reviews

nice co
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2016
I delivery from state to state and i have traveled far and wide the co is very nice they are good people to work for. i will work for them again a great job
Pros
ok
Fun place to work
Equipment Control Analyst (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 27, 2016
Celadon was a great place because you start off learning so much from the beginning. Everyday can have its own challenges and that makes it an interesting place to work.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low salaries
Fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2016
Front desk work is continuous all day. Interactions with co workers is nice. Helped to create a better understanding of time management.
Poor Management. Poor employee culture
Operations Analyst/Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2016
Pay was OK for the job. Benefits were the worst. Management largely incompetent. No opportunity for advancement if you are a minority.
Pros
Pay OK.
Cons
Poorly Managed. Terrible treatment of minority employees.
Celadon
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2016
Employees are viewed as merely a number and disposable during slow times. Benefits are laughable, with office workers given the same perks as truck drivers.
Frat boys running the company in the ground
Operations Analyst/Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2016
If you desire a once strong company that is managed by individuals that know nothing about actually driving a truck, this is the place for you! Night shift is identified as "extended coverage" but between the stretch breaks, daily contests, spin classes being offered during normal business hours, nothing actually gets done on day shift. So night shift is charged with trying to notify customers of late freight, even though the customer is closed during the graveyard shift! (And you wonder why you lose customers) Naturally, night shift will be considered the ugly step-child of the company and you won't see a day DM actually ask for an ETA when a driver is NOT in the sleeper berth. That's another thing, it is called a sleeper BERTH, not BIRTH. If someone actually cracked open an FMCSR and read it, they would know that!
I spent the past month watching staff member after staff member be escorted out of the building two weeks before Christmas because their bean counters cannot even count! Work here and learn the phrase :this is how it has always been" because they won;t take advise from anyone with common sense. Christmas Bonus? I am laughing as a type this. Text book case of a company that promotes idiots that wear J Crew sweaters and doesn't actually consider if the individual knows jack about the business!
Pros
Good people in my pod
Cons
Train wreck all around
Avoid like the plague
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Avoid this place like the plague. The drivers are pretty good, but management has a hands-off approach and coworkers are venomous to say the least. The average day included getting to the terminal at 5am and clocking in. Once there, you spent the next three hours just correcting mistakes from the night shift that didn't check messages. Being harassed by coworkers during this time was routine including being cursed at, things thrown and usually being told that you should quit. Lunch was around 12 if you were lucky. Lunch was also usually cut short so other employees could get their two hour long lunch. I should mention that the phones ring constantly so getting an actual break is near impossible. You hopefully get to clock out by 6pm if the next shift has shown up. They usually didn't till after 7pm. Your drivers were usually good, but the turnover rate was extremely high with drivers looking for better employment pretty fast. Overall, I would avoid this place.
Pros
Cons
bad management, awful coworkers, no benefits
Productive workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2015
My typical day at work would be logging into the systems and write down call backs. I would return the calls and fill out the applications with them over the phones for our driving school. My co-workers were awesome and very helpful! The hardest part of the job would be having the drivers graduate the school so you can meet your numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new customers over the phone and listening to their story and having great co-workers to get along with.
Pros
Great co-workers, use your badge to pay for lunch
Cons
IT guy took days to set up my work computer, group lay off
great
dorm attendent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2015
i love my jobs but its just long hours great a job love my co workers we always helping each other great paid and they are a very loving company be with them for about a year now and just love it
Low pay, but easy work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CODecember 21, 2015
I drove locally for Celadon in Colorado. The atmosphere is great even though the pay isn't great. If you want to be home nightly and you're just starting out and/or don't mind 16 an hour without OT, Celadon is the local Denver company to drive for.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay
Laid off two weeks before Christmas
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2015
I can say a lot of positive things about the company, great communication, great employees, and overall great group to work with. However, with that being said, let go two weeks before Christmas due to budget cuts. Not good!
Very good job with great benefits
Import/Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 8, 2015
Work on loads and make sure that all the trailers are going to the correct destination. An average day at Celadon depends on the amount of loads that cross for that day. It's usually over 100 loads per day.
Below average supervisors and poor communication
Lease Operator/OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2015
As a lease owner-operator the environment and communications with driver managers are very poor. I've even had some just hang up on me when I sought a solution to an issue. They also act like they're bothered when you call or are too busy to help you. On the good side there are exceptions but I find them to be rare. If you refuse a load because it's doesn't pay or you just don't want to go to the selected destination, they have a tendency to punish the driver by making the driver sit for a day or so. They also have too many heavy loads and if you have to take it back to the shipper they do not pay you for the miles or time expended. Overall I am extremely disappointed with the job and the only good thing I can really say is that they have great equipment.
Pros
Good equipment.
Cons
Poor driver managers and poor pay.
Too many cheif
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 1, 2015
Most everyone at Celadon were great people to work with good attitudes and respect. However there were too many bosses and not enough workers. There was no room for advancement in that environment for a female worker in the shop.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement
cool
Operation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2015
Great Company would approve fantastic good great love it wouldnt leave for the world I I I I I On To Great place to meet new people great movement within the company to advance and grow within your career.
Pros
..`
Cons
....
A very productive company in all ways. Co-workers were friendly and everybody got along well with each other.
Truck Driver CDL (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2015
A typical day at work was picking up loads at diferent locations and getting back on the highway to your next destination. I learned how to handle diferent kinds of loads and how to get them secured for their destinations. Officials were understanding and friendly. All co-workers were friendly and got along well with each other. Everybody was professional. Driving in bad weather was the hardest part of the job when trying to meet a deadline for a shipment. I really enjoyed driving to different locations in different states.
It was a very challenging job.
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  East Main, Butler, INNovember 16, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. On a typical day I would arrive at work at 5:45 pm and go through macro's to make sure my driver's positions were up to date and find out who was running late. I'd then look at email and process them accordingly. I worked alone on night shift so I did not have alot of interaction with co-workers. Management was demanding of all the employees . The thing I liked best was having 4 day weekends.
Pros
I worked 3 12 hour shifts a week.
Cons
Now and then I had to deal with upset truck driver
This is a great comany to work for
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
this company is great it is mon-fri 8-5 great for families that still have kids. they help you if you need any at all especially the management. the work environment is just amazing.
took loads from the states into canada
Canada regional driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2015
was a well rounded job
the whole group of disbatchers were top shelf
was a person and not a number to them
the trucks were never more then three years old
was given all the need info on loads i had to haul
Pros
got to see places i may have never seen befor
Cons
the boarder crossings
Working inside and outside
Operations Manager/Orientation coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 26, 2015
Typical day would be teaching new hires about company policy and how to make more money while being an owner operator truck driver.

Teaching a safe driving and accident avoidance class, Also being a go to person for the drivers between the repair shop and the leasing office to help the drivers get on the road faster.

Also did recruiting to assist in getting more drivers for the company.
Pros
Dressed in jeans and comfy shoes. Great work hours.
Cons
Management of the Knoxville TN office lied a lot.