CELADON TRUCKING

CELADON TRUCKING United States Employee Reviews

Need job stability
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great Dispatcher
Cons: Really didn't have any complaints
I enjoyed very much working for this company as I had been employed for 6mos and had entered into the "Lease Purchase Program after my first 90 days.
Difficult job with too much stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Butler, INApril 10, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: hours, stress, chaos
Very chaotic work environment. No clear cut training in the terminal that I was in. At times could be considered a hostile work environment. Phones ringing non-stop, very hard to concentrate on doing things the right way.

Coworkers are over whelmed and struggle to have time to train you. Hardest part of job is learning all the details, and focusing on meeting expectations.

Corporate will say its a 40hr week job but your operations manager will say its at least 45 but they prefer 50hr.
FUN WORKPLACE
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: COWORKERS
Cons: HEAVY WORK LOAD SOME DAYS
A TYPICAL WORK DAY WAS THE GUYS THAT I WORK WITH ALWAYS KEPT YOU LAUGHING, MANAGMENT WAS ALSO GREAT. THE HARDEST PART WAS KEEPING UP WITH PAPERWORK FROM PREVIOUS SHIFTS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS GOING HOME @ 3:00
fast paced
Load Planner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2015
log in to your computer and stay seated for the rest of the day.
answer calls and deal with customers throughout the day.
management is young but experienced.
stable work
OTR/dedicated/local/owner-op , driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: open door policy, on site dorm and cafateria excellent equipment
Cons: transparency regarding lease options and language
for company drivers there is a positive workplace environment whereas the "lease-less" truck lease program leaves a lot to be considered , it is recommended that one should do their homework if considering such a venture.
It is recommended that a applicant look into OOIDA and ask them to evaluate said lease options with Celadon Trucking.
I enjoyed working there
Truck Driver/Owner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: fun place to work my driver manager was wonderful
Cons: can't work for free
The only problem I had working here was after I handed over my truck and went to work for another owner/operator I never got paid.
Trucking company to work for
Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: made money
Cons: company sold
As A team Driver with my wife. we started with Warrior Express, the company was bought out by Celadon. Making 12000 a month with warrior express and able to pay off debt, get our oldest son into medical school, buy a home in Florida we thought just another year and we could leave the trucking industry and open a bar in Florida to work for retirement. That was the goal. well celadon bought the company and all the drivers with it. the pay dropped in half. My wife quite. As now only a solo driver the pay went down to only 500 a week. and no time a home to enjoy the new purchase. there went the goal. Time for a new plan. Found Fepco running for the Postal service.
two stars
Driver Class A Cdl (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: drop and hook
Cons: no loads and low miles
They were not good to their word as far as mileage went.All of the other Celadon drivers I spoke with said the same thing "low miles and left sitting with no load"
Trucking Company
company driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: getting paid to see the country
Cons: away from family for months on end
They are a good company overall, with a few minor issues. The pay could be better for the type of work that we have to do on a daily basis. the hardest part of the job is being away from home for long periods of time, months on end. management for the most part took care of issues that was out of our control in a timely manner. enjoyed being able to see the country side and get paid for it.
Bad company
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: trucks
Cons: pay
Stay away, nice trucks bad pay, don't care about drivers. Bad
normal OTR job
OTR driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
normal OTR job. thats all there is to it.but this thing makes me write at least 20 words in my review, so sorry for the filler that says nothing.
good for large company
lease purchase otr driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: many terminals, many small companies that got swallowed up still with that feel
Cons: huge inpersonal company
good job but size of company made it being like a cog in the machine. mostly really nice co-workers on both sides of desks. there were days when I didn't know who my dispatcher was, just cogs in the works.
2013and new trucks
truck driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: not home alot but that is the trucking life too
i love celadon and plain to go back to them after i get me cdl cleaned up
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Its a great company to work for. I would tell others to work their
not a good company
lease operator (Current Employee), IndianapolisDecember 23, 2014
Pros: nice truck, not much else
Cons: planners, customer service, payroll, shop, leaseing, everything.
I curtly lease a truck through celadon. I was told I would be successful and make money. For the first month that seamed true but now miles are not comeing, and money seams to short. You can't talk to payroll and everyone passes the buck. If you tell someone in the office you keep records they act like you are an idiot and even write. No one knows what it going on and everyone has to ask someone else to get the answer and "call you back" and not hear anything. I am leaving when I find another job and not recommending celadon to anyone. And the school is a joke.
productive
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2014
great place.get to deliver different things to different places and people
Local Richmond,Va
n/a (Former Employee), Richmond,VaOctober 25, 2014
this is not a local job as put on here.The 3 people i talked with couldn't seem to get there stuff together about this account but it turns out you will be out 2/3 times a week,not like the no knowledge person who set me up for a 3 day orantation which i pulled out of real quick after i found out the truth.Went from hauling auto parts to paper rolls in 3 minutes ...REALLY.
Nice Place
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits, nice terminals, good runs
Cons: bad equipment, overly excessive security, poor weekend dispatch
Wasn't a bad place to work. Especially if you could get a dispatcher that would run you on a lot of drop and hook loads. Equipments junk but hey its international and they are doing the best they can haha. Weekend dispatch however is a bunch of Looney toons. Make sure you get with your dm and have your weekend already planned out. Oh and they have some real top flight security and some of the yards lol. See I'm joking. Dont get me wrong. Its good security. Too good. So good that I've sat 1.5hr sitting at the gate just trying to get on the road cause somone more or less has to send the shack an e-mail cussing at them to let you out of the yard haha. Other than that....not bad really. Would work there again for sure.
couldnt recommend working there
driver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ArOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good dm
Cons: not driver oriented.
I worked for the best company on the planet before celadon bought them out. That happened and I was let go. I would have retired at the company before celadon bought them. Whatever you do stay away from lease purchase.
NO LOYALTY TO THEIR EMPLOYEES
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: does not appreciate or value their employees
This is a company with no loyalty. You work for this company for years (over 15 years) and from one day to the next they tell you, your job has been eliminated and you are laid off. A couple of months later they open up the same job that was eliminated but with a lower pay scale and the same employee that was laid off the job never gets called back, this happens in all their terminals. I would not recommend anyone to go work for this company if they plan to stay with this company for long because all you will get in the long run for your loyalty, hard work and dedication is a swift kick in the behind from one day to the next.

1 2 3 4 5

About CELADON TRUCKING

Celadon Trucking Services, the primary subsidiary of Celadon Group, provides dry van truckload freight transportation throughout – Read more

CELADON TRUCKING Salaries