CELADON TRUCKING

CELADON TRUCKING Employer Reviews

Trucking Company
company driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: getting paid to see the country
Cons: away from family for months on end
They are a good company overall, with a few minor issues. The pay could be better for the type of work that we have to do on a daily basis. the hardest part of the job is being away from home for long periods of time, months on end. management for the most part took care of issues that was out of our control in a timely manner. enjoyed being able to see the country side and get paid for it.
Bad company
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: trucks
Cons: pay
Stay away, nice trucks bad pay, don't care about drivers. Bad
normal OTR job
OTR driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
normal OTR job. thats all there is to it.but this thing makes me write at least 20 words in my review, so sorry for the filler that says nothing.
good for large company
lease purchase otr driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: many terminals, many small companies that got swallowed up still with that feel
Cons: huge inpersonal company
good job but size of company made it being like a cog in the machine. mostly really nice co-workers on both sides of desks. there were days when I didn't know who my dispatcher was, just cogs in the works.
2013and new trucks
truck driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: not home alot but that is the trucking life too
i love celadon and plain to go back to them after i get me cdl cleaned up
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Its a great company to work for. I would tell others to work their
not a good company
lease operator (Current Employee), IndianapolisDecember 23, 2014
Pros: nice truck, not much else
Cons: planners, customer service, payroll, shop, leaseing, everything.
I curtly lease a truck through celadon. I was told I would be successful and make money. For the first month that seamed true but now miles are not comeing, and money seams to short. You can't talk to payroll and everyone passes the buck. If you tell someone in the office you keep records they act like you are an idiot and even write. No one knows what it going on and everyone has to ask someone else to get the answer and "call you back" and not hear anything. I am leaving when I find another job and not recommending celadon to anyone. And the school is a joke.
productive
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 5, 2014
great place.get to deliver different things to different places and people
Local Richmond,Va
n/a (Former Employee), Richmond,VaOctober 25, 2014
this is not a local job as put on here.The 3 people i talked with couldn't seem to get there stuff together about this account but it turns out you will be out 2/3 times a week,not like the no knowledge person who set me up for a 3 day orantation which i pulled out of real quick after i found out the truth.Went from hauling auto parts to paper rolls in 3 minutes ...REALLY.
Nice Place
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2014
Pros: pay/benefits, nice terminals, good runs
Cons: bad equipment, overly excessive security, poor weekend dispatch
Wasn't a bad place to work. Especially if you could get a dispatcher that would run you on a lot of drop and hook loads. Equipments junk but hey its international and they are doing the best they can haha. Weekend dispatch however is a bunch of Looney toons. Make sure you get with your dm and have your weekend already planned out. Oh and they have some real top flight security and some of the yards lol. See I'm joking. Dont get me wrong. Its good security. Too good. So good that I've sat 1.5hr sitting at the gate just trying to get on the road cause somone more or less has to send the shack an e-mail cussing at them to let you out of the yard haha. Other than that....not bad really. Would work there again for sure.
couldnt recommend working there
driver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ArOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good dm
Cons: not driver oriented.
I worked for the best company on the planet before celadon bought them out. That happened and I was let go. I would have retired at the company before celadon bought them. Whatever you do stay away from lease purchase.
NO LOYALTY TO THEIR EMPLOYEES
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: does not appreciate or value their employees
This is a company with no loyalty. You work for this company for years (over 15 years) and from one day to the next they tell you, your job has been eliminated and you are laid off. A couple of months later they open up the same job that was eliminated but with a lower pay scale and the same employee that was laid off the job never gets called back, this happens in all their terminals. I would not recommend anyone to go work for this company if they plan to stay with this company for long because all you will get in the long run for your loyalty, hard work and dedication is a swift kick in the behind from one day to the next.
Well established Nationwide trucking company
Semi-Trailer driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IN (Central terminal)September 15, 2014
Pros: good management and scheduling, good equipment, decent pay and benefits
Cons: smaller company with fewer terminals than soem other nationwide companies
On a typical day I was likely driving Interstate routes to usually distant pickup or delivery points.
I learned much of how the transportation for industry works including
the variety of industry settings from small businesses through large warehouse systems such as Walmart and Target. This also allowed me to gain increased understanding of our country's roads and cities.
Co-workers were either the schedulers we would speak with by telephone usually or our fellow truck drivers we would most likely see only in our company terminals.
The hardest part is the sometimes needed deliveries during adverse weather conditions as well as the sometimes long waits for next load after a delivery.
Most enjoyable is working for a well established company that cared about its drivers as people - including providing good equipment as
well as facilitites at several terminals around the country. The driver schedulers were always available by phone contact.
big and stablished company
International Fleet Driver Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no overtime and low salaries
working at Celadon is like going to school, you can learn a lot of the transportation industry.
Great work place
Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2014
Good company to work for. They have great benefits and you always running
Not a good company to start your career with
Customer Relationship Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2014
Would not recommend this company. Management does not care about employees. They lie to you in the interview to get you to accept the job and then throw you in with minimal training. Your day consists of getting yelled at by customers for other peoples faults.
dont know didnt work for co.
Class A Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: heard it was a good company.
Cons: not hired because i didnt follow illegal order
Thought I was going to like it at Celadon. I went through 3 days of orientation and completed driving test successfully. I went to get permits and keys for truck , but was pulled out of line for another driving test. I was failed on this test and was sent home. I wouldnt block the intersection at a light on a left turn as I was ordered to do. It was against the law. He said pull over you are done. He drove us all back in. I was not hired. I hit nothing . I accomplished all backing routines. I just didnt follpow this one order.
Good starter company
Driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2014
Pros: starter company
Cons: low pay for miles
Drive a semi barely get to see my family, good company to start at but dorms are trashed and dirty. management can barely help. pay gets messed up or you will not get paid what you should have. best part of job is driving. hardest part is being away from my family months at a time.
RE: Typical day
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2014
Pros: time off due to the shift
Cons: not enough up time out of chair, high volume of calls, long days with minimal pay
On the shift that I am on, we work a 2/2/3. 12 hour days. It is a fast paced work environment where we are tied to the phone and duel computer screens. I have learned to multi-task at a much higher level, become a stronger manager with a company/customer focus, all keeping that balanced in daily work environment. I do enjoy my co workers in my pod, but on some level there are some that you cannot count upon in others areas. The hardest part of the job is sitting long periods, it causes back and leg issues, at least for myself. I also, get frustrated at the high volume of calls, like a call center environment. I enjoy making my drivers happy. If they are not happy, they are not running in a positive manner which effects company profit.
Auditor
Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
Pros: making/meeting people all over the globe (drivers)
Cons: being let go.
Auditing over the road CDL drivers logs to make sure they were incompliance with DOT/COMPANY rules and regulations. I learned to properly read a map, idenitfy mile makers, understand/read scale, tolls, fuel, accident, etc. reciepts and tickets. Management was okay. My coworkers and I got along great. The hardest part of the job was when work slow down. (to much down time)

1 2 3 4 5

About CELADON TRUCKING

Celadon Trucking Services, the primary subsidiary of Celadon Group, provides dry van truckload freight transportation throughout – Read more

CELADON TRUCKING Photos