Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

It is okay...
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
Went through the driving school, got my cdl, and did my 10000 miles but failed my safety test and they terminated me. They told me I could get any driving job I wanted or go back to Celadon in three months. Tried getting a job but the contract I signed blocked me fromm getting it. Now I'm six months behind on bills and three of those were due to Celadons training that is doing me no good now because I have to pay off the contract first magically with no job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Terminated and jobless with little reason
What to say about Celadon
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaFebruary 27, 2017
4 but they treat their owner operators a lot better than they treat their regular company truck drivers and they will not hesitate to stop paying you but still want you to keep working
Get the experience
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Good overall place to work
Manager can be cruel at times
Expected to stay after hours and at time work the weekend when you are a Monday through Friday schedule
Pros
Learning experience
Bad place
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2017
If you are looking for satisfying work, Celadon is not the right place.The atmosphere sucks. Everyone knows that those from Franklin College promote each other. It has the feel of a big frat house. So if you didnt go to Franklin this is probably not the best place for you.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
indentured servitude
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 7, 2017
nice truck, poopy job. Stranded several times until I just drove back to the yard and returned their truck. It was a joke. We played chase the trailer, and see how long this guy will sit in the truck at a truck stop 100 miles from home. After a week, I just left.
Pros
nope
Cons
highway robbery
Working was ok for them not enough home time
CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2017
I was always told I would be home weekly. That was not the truth,then I was told they didn't have a route that they had.But other then that Your money was not missing if U the paper work was turn in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just needed more home time
Celadon was a laid back environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2017
Celadon Trucking was a great company with great benefits. We could go places anytime we wanted as long as we finished training for the day. There were long waits to wait on the van to take workers to the store and back to the motel.
Pros
place to stay, free lunch
Cons
waiting to get training on the road
Not a good place.
former independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2017
Was a contractor here and every week there was a pay issue. O/O's always got short end of the stick when it comes to customer loads. Not a lot of brokers want to deal with them, and never get an honest answer. Worst decision I made in my career. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
always pay issues, no honest answers
good experience
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2017
i worked for this company twice. my first time i quit due to them not having enough work. second time the company was great. management wasn't good at all. loads weren't planned out well at all. time of loads would over lap and you would automatically be late for your second load.
working at celadon
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2017
kept me in miles benefits were good mostly drop n hook pay was fair and on time trucks were in good shape. DMs were friendly
Pros
good miles
Cons
took days off for truck repair time
not a company that cares about there employees
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2017
Gave me the chance with them to see the United States. Have learned how to drive in sticky situations and tight places. A chance to drive any a lot of different situations in big cities and busy bumper to bumper traffic. The downfall to this company is that the management and the way they treat you as a driver.
Fun driving to different locations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day was picking up the load and transporting it to different locations, I learned a lot about the tobacco industry, the hardest part I would say was switching trailors.
Pros
Nice Trucks
Cons
Changing trailors
great company bad for owner ops
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2016
over all the company wasn't the best to work for, low miles, low pay and owner ops get shafted hard, it wasn't a fun job, it wasn't a good environment and it was long hours for weeks with no pay
Under new managment
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 27, 2016
I worked under a different shop foreman when i was here. Basic maintenance, and basic repairs. This place was a good learning experience.
Bad place towork
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2016
Bad place to work will never work here again they care more about there loads then the driver and that is why I am quiting today and will never return
You want Local Hourly? You got it!
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 19, 2016
Celadon Trucking is a decent paying job hourly (after taxes and a max 40 hr work week) don't expect more than 2500 a month. You are home daily and routes are safe and easy. Mainly you will haul car parts for Chrysler but be cautious always, always ALWAYS! report a damaged trailer before hooking to it. The Chrysler Yard Jockies like to mangle and destroy the lowboy trailers.
Pros
great DM's, Friendly drivers and yard managers.
Cons
You are a truck Driver....
plenty of miles
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 17, 2016
great place to work. great people to have in your corner. the terminals are well kept and the living qaurters are very nice. great equipment. top notch mechanics.
Driver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 14, 2016
Typical day
Learned how to drive a p18 wheeler
Management was fine
Co workers alot
Learning
Driving
Liked it there met alot of friends
team driving
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 12, 2016
Good team driving pay
Good trucks
Good loads
Good millage

Strongly recommend to go teaming with someone you know there's good pay and a good starting job
Progressive company looking to be cutting edge.
Customs Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2016
Company started out with the concept that we needed good drivers and good customers to grow. Each being equally important to the success of the company. As long as we took care of our drivers and our customers we would be able to grow and have jobs. In recent times the company has seemed to be forgetting this basic concept.
Pros
Big company many opportunities.
Cons
Get lost in the crowd.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7