Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

Family Facility
Inventory / Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 24, 2017
One thing I can honestly say about Celadon that I wouldn't say for my other previous Employers, is this is the first company I have ever worked for that actually cares for you and your well being. They care about your family life and what happens. We are all family here! And I have never had that before with a company! It makes coming into work just that much more enjoyable! Even with our turnover rate through the roof it still is a great place to work. What I can say about our turnover rate is that the company does not pay enough to keep anyone! I LOVE what I do that is why I stay here even if it is little pay! I am a problem solver and LOVE working with each other to solve an issue! I have been doing Inventory for about 15 years. Whether it be from restaurant stock, to retail stock to distribution stock. STOCK is STOCK. INVENTORY IS INVENTORY. No matter what kind of facility you work in!
Pros
People, all holidays off and getting paid for it, lunch breaks, 15 mintue breaks, everyone is very understanding knows when emergencies happen, fun activities (bunch of new ideas coming into Celadon)
Cons
Pay, my drive in ( 1 hour drive), Insurance (just changed to different company beginning of year)
it was a decent place for a large company
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
It was a ok place to lease on with. The winter time was really allow but I was able to make it thru. I would probably still be there but I gotta find a local job for my kids.
Miles were good n beginning
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2017
When i started with the company miles were good as my pay my miles went up and miles went down.left company because to much sitting on weekends not at home.to many employee's for the amount of freight
Great work place
Tire Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
It's a good work environment with a lot of space. Some days it's a little unorganized. The lunch hours was great. I think they need more employees for the productivity they have flowing.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No breaks
hot mess
staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2017
you work they will not pay treat you like dirt they will lie to hold on to their ranky danky job. if lying to hold on to that job i wonder how they could operate in an honest wotk place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everythings
Good company to work for except everyone wasn't treated the same
Picker/Packer / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 9, 2017
A typical day is waiting for picker to bring parts to be packed. Learned the whole process of the job. Management needs improvement. The hardest part of the job was looking for parts found in the wrong location. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some good coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much favoritism and wasn't fair to all employees
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 9, 2017
Great company. I have no complaints. Truck driving just kept me away from family but other than that I loved working here. Great place to work and would recommend to anyone
were not a fun place to work
Company Driver - Solo - Local (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2017
i worked hard everyday got paid 18 dollars and hour straight time doing local work with no appreciation for the work that i did on a daily basses,with my dm.
It is okay...
Driver Trainee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2017
Went through the driving school, got my cdl, and did my 10000 miles but failed my safety test and they terminated me. They told me I could get any driving job I wanted or go back to Celadon in three months. Tried getting a job but the contract I signed blocked me fromm getting it. Now I'm six months behind on bills and three of those were due to Celadons training that is doing me no good now because I have to pay off the contract first magically with no job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Terminated and jobless with little reason
What to say about Celadon
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaFebruary 27, 2017
4 but they treat their owner operators a lot better than they treat their regular company truck drivers and they will not hesitate to stop paying you but still want you to keep working
Get the experience
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Good overall place to work
Manager can be cruel at times
Expected to stay after hours and at time work the weekend when you are a Monday through Friday schedule
Pros
Learning experience
Bad place
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2017
If you are looking for satisfying work, Celadon is not the right place.The atmosphere sucks. Everyone knows that those from Franklin College promote each other. It has the feel of a big frat house. So if you didnt go to Franklin this is probably not the best place for you.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
indentured servitude
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 7, 2017
nice truck, poopy job. Stranded several times until I just drove back to the yard and returned their truck. It was a joke. We played chase the trailer, and see how long this guy will sit in the truck at a truck stop 100 miles from home. After a week, I just left.
Pros
nope
Cons
highway robbery
Working was ok for them not enough home time
CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2017
I was always told I would be home weekly. That was not the truth,then I was told they didn't have a route that they had.But other then that Your money was not missing if U the paper work was turn in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Just needed more home time
Celadon was a laid back environment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 2, 2017
Celadon Trucking was a great company with great benefits. We could go places anytime we wanted as long as we finished training for the day. There were long waits to wait on the van to take workers to the store and back to the motel.
Pros
place to stay, free lunch
Cons
waiting to get training on the road
Not a good place.
former independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2017
Was a contractor here and every week there was a pay issue. O/O's always got short end of the stick when it comes to customer loads. Not a lot of brokers want to deal with them, and never get an honest answer. Worst decision I made in my career. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
always pay issues, no honest answers
good experience
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2017
i worked for this company twice. my first time i quit due to them not having enough work. second time the company was great. management wasn't good at all. loads weren't planned out well at all. time of loads would over lap and you would automatically be late for your second load.
working at celadon
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2017
kept me in miles benefits were good mostly drop n hook pay was fair and on time trucks were in good shape. DMs were friendly
Pros
good miles
Cons
took days off for truck repair time
not a company that cares about there employees
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2017
Gave me the chance with them to see the United States. Have learned how to drive in sticky situations and tight places. A chance to drive any a lot of different situations in big cities and busy bumper to bumper traffic. The downfall to this company is that the management and the way they treat you as a driver.
Fun driving to different locations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day was picking up the load and transporting it to different locations, I learned a lot about the tobacco industry, the hardest part I would say was switching trailors.
Pros
Nice Trucks
Cons
Changing trailors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9