Celanese Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sarbanes-Oxley Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I would return back to celanese a very advanced company I would need a remote scrum master position because the location would be to far for the travel
Pros
discouts
Cons
non
upper management really go out of their way to show operators that they care
Shift Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 11, 2018
Over all, my work experience was pretty good. Its actually the best job ive ever had. The work can get hot and dirty but management does something special for the operators at least once a month. They will have a grill out for everyone, sometimes steak and sometimes burgers and dogs. thru the summers they have Kona Ice come and pay for whatever you want from the truck. that happened about 4 or 5 times in a couple months. Insurance is great, 401k match is probably the highest or close to it, that you'll find from an employer. Pay is good and if you like OT and wanna make extra money, you can work as much as you can take. The company really cares about the employee and that shoes in the safety. Outsiders or contractors might think they're too strict or they try to pick on you but its not to get anyone in trouble. Celanese and the management are always looking for ways to keep us safe! If there is anything unsafe on the floor, they want it to be shared! Not to tattle tail or get anyone in trouble, but to let everyone else know what to look for and to get suggestions on making things more safe. take it from me, i was there for 3 years and i left. Its hard to find an employer to have all those great bene's and pay PLUS all the extra stuff they do for their employees. They really do care for their employees. I would come back in a heart beat if there was a position.
Pros
great pay and bene's, constant employee appreciation
Great Environment, Great Benefits, etc.
Executive Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Great work environment....Everyone worked hard and always would lend a helping hand to fellow employee. A very collaborative environment, a place you wanted to get up in the morning and go to everyday.
Pros
The people, the work itself, benefits, overall environment
Cons
rarely a conflict with peer, but occasionally, also worked out though.
Over all a good experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Overall experience good. Healthcare is the worst. You pay 100 percent until ded paid. They do give you $1000 HSE but that goes quickly if you have something done. It is difficult for non-exempt employees to advance.
Pros
Working environment good.
Cons
Healthcare
Challenging work, with opportunity to advance
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VADecember 14, 2017
Flexible work hours, depending on project assignment. Weekend work could be required. Excellent support from colleagues. Challenging projects, including hazardous work environments.
Let bed my job
Union Vice President/ Training instructor (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VADecember 4, 2017
I worked here 37 years. Left because I could draw my pension and look for a job that was revolving shift or full time. I could do what I want for the first time in my life.
Pros
Great
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXNovember 20, 2017
This was a very fast paced and challenging position. I learned many technologies and techniques at this particular company. This is a great company to work for and would rate this company very high on the scale in regards to fairness and progression.
Productable, fun interesting
Project Market Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 13, 2017
New ideas from potential customers

Each individual has a different view

management is what you make of it

Culture very aceptable

The hardest part to capture what the client wants

The most enjoyable the results
Pros
New ideas
Cons
Traveling
Fun place to work.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2017
Very demanding job. Lots of hours, but was paid very well. The hardest part of the job was the overtime hours required to work. I would recommend this company to friends.
Intern
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2017
Depends on the mentor, a typical day can be very busy or very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people on site and learning about everyone.
Pros
flexible times

Want to know more about Celanese?

Ask a question
Worked for almost 10 years, felt lucky to leave
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bishop, TXOctober 19, 2017
Celanese Pharmaceutical branch was acquired 3 times during my job tenure. Each time major changes were implemented and the plant gradually downsized to a 1/5 of what they were when I started.
Pros
originally a great family environment.
Cons
taking on more responsibilities as plant downsized and culled employees.
Making all this up
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 8, 2017
Required to be filled in but haven't worked there in 30 years. Have no clue what to put down here so I am just typing mindlessly. Looks like I needed 21 more characters...
Pros
Don't know
Cons
Don't know
A busy, challenging place to work
Paralegal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 1, 2017
A good place to work, loved working in the various departments, a lot of work to do, enjoyed working with company and outside lawyers. Loved going to NYC for meetings.
Pros
Met alot of nice people
Cons
Left on maternity leave/stay at home mom (NOT a con!!)
Great team workers
CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day was in the control room monitoring temperatures and flows of the raw product. Learned to pay attention to details as even a slight rise in temperature could ruin the batch of raw material. Very diverse culture and team players. Hardest part of the job was the smell. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
A lot to learn
Cons
The smell of the raw product
Good pay and benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Narrows VaSeptember 13, 2017
The work was mostly fast paced because we were in production and had orders that had to be filled.I learned many different jobs including doffing yarn and packaging the yarn as well.I also learned how to drive a squeeze truck and operate a pallet jack,manual and with motor.Hardest part of job was the 11 to 7 shift,and rotating shifts in general.Four day breaks were nice and the pay and benefits were good.Knew many people there and made many friends.
millwright, E.H.S.A coordinator, planner (Former Employee) –  Pasedena TexasAugust 31, 2017
Celanese was good employer, They allowed me to grow and branch out with opportunities in EHS and supervision. While working there we experienced a merger with Hoechst and a De merger with Hoechst.All and all it was a good company to work for.
Pros
Oppotunity, golf course, recreation area
Cons
Mandatory (drafted overtime)
Productive and Engaging
Technical Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 31, 2017
This is a competitive company to work for and strives for best in class in all areas. With that comes a lot of hard work, daily challenges, and tons of opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
Benefits, Knowledge share, Engaging
Cons
Long Hours, Remote Management, Political Hurdles
Alright place to work good hard working employees
Bulk hazardous chemical unloader (Former Employee) –  Enoree scAugust 29, 2017
Celanese was and ok place to work . Management never took responsibility for there action, there way of management, constant of procedures that places all responsibilities on employees. It a very hard company to get management to except and change things for employees, the promotion system based on buddy buddy. Unfair hiring, caused a lot of issues in the company, low moral
Culture stifles Innovation
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2017
Lots of smart people, but leadership is not ready to invest in long-term strategic initiatives that can utilize their skills. There are always changes that make it difficult to stay engaged.
Pros
Free beverages, Employee stock purchase program
Cons
Byod, slow tech, constant cuts
Physically challenging
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28411August 12, 2017
It was a traditional male's job, but surviving in that environment and getting off of welfare got me recommended for the Governor's Award by the Shallotte, NC ESC office in 1995. Although I did not receive the Award, I felt like I won to be recognized for an Award I did not even know existed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Physically challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celanese. Our community is ready to answer.