Celanese Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to work employees stayed with this company until retirement.
Natural Finishing Unit Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bishop, TXApril 26, 2016
Employees who started worked there until retirement. The company had room for advancement if you worked hard. Company had good benefits. Supervision was great and had excellent maintenance groups.
Pros
Work atmosphere was great
Cons
Company merger and managment changes.
Highly productive with valued oppurtunities
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Goodview, MNApril 17, 2016
You would enter a friendly-oriented environment where everyone knows each other. That would include management, operations, shipping and receiving. Each crew (A,B,C,D) has several coworkers which work together to produce material. All the coworkers look out for one another. The most enjoyable part of the job is you are making raw product that customers will use to make vehicles which means interested vehicle buyers will feel safe knowing their vehicle is safe and secure. Being able to move and adapt our product through not just vehicles but solely used everyday products we never think about. The hardest part of the job is the long hours but once you adapt, it will be a breeze.
Pros
great company, benefits
Cons
long hours, not a/c building
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 5, 2016
Great place to work. 12 hour rotating shift Du Ponte schedule. My co-workers were great. Learned alot working here. Worked with startup and commissioning of a Methanol unit.
longtime area employer
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAFebruary 21, 2016
Excellent safety program and attitudes. Opportunities for advancement. Jobs available at all levels (high and degreed).
Pros
very professional workforce, solid safety culture
Good company, sound direction
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Celanese and think I learned a good deal of valuable lessons there. I learned a lot because in my experience there was very little supervision. This was challenging at this stage of my young career because I had to learn how to be my own boss and be productive using my time effectively. If I knew then what I know now, I would have stayed at Celanese longer and have been even more productive.

This was my first real SAP conversion, so what I learned most is that people are adverse to change. I spent a good deal of time at my representative plant in Edmonton, Canada where the workers were pleasant but not necessarily forthcoming with their processes and business activities. This was a great learning opportunity from an SAP conversion perspective because this was an issue I would face multiple times in the coming years.

My job at Celanese was to learn the legacy process of recording variable costs monthly and replicate that process in SAP. Furthermore, create the annual budget for variable costs and report variances to this budget monthly. What I learned most dying this time was not systems and processes but how to deal with people.

My marriage became stresses with my increased travel requirements, so in the end I felt I needed to leave Celanese. It was great learning experience where I learned a lot about time management and self-direction as well as some of there inter-personal complexities surrounding a large system implementation.
Productive and safe workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Typical workday was preparing equipment for maintenance and handing over equipment in a safe state taking readings on outside equipment to identify problems, running lab samples to ensure quality, and analyzing console data to solve problems.
HR related questions/emails
CONTRACTOR TO PERM (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2015
Answer all tickets that came into the mailbox regarding questions from employees, managers and HR business partners.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
pay
Troubled Waters
Director of New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 12, 2015
When you drive your daily actions around what will financially reward you in the next quarter you fail to prepare for the future. The current leadership is driving change linked to their personal reward that gets paid in 2016. You will see a dump out of leadership at that point. The BOD must be asleep at the wheel.
Pros
Good People
Positive Place to Work
Production Operator Level (Current Employee) –  Florence, KentuckyJuly 1, 2015
Positive place to work, just far away from my home. Schedule is terrible, rotating shifts which is very difficult on your family .
Fun workplace
Chiller Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bishop, TXJune 25, 2015
1. Get workoreders for the day's assignments. 2. Worked on process chillers. 3.Management was a lil unorganized. 4. Great co-workers. 5. Learning knew procedures and plant. 6. Very close family oriented business
Flexible open enviroment for research and development
Product/ Method Development Scientist (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAJune 15, 2015
Learned a lot about safety at work and home.
Trainings of variety of management to multitasking.
Teamwork and work ethics.
Friendliness of coworkers
Organization gives back to the community and is socially responsible in its operations.
SENIOR MEETING AND EVENTS PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Every day is full of collaboration and team work. While some projects allow for quiet dedicated time to accomplish tasks, there is also time for discussion and partnership throughout the organization globally and externally as needed.It's great to be part of a company that gives back to the community on a regular basis and allows a flexible work schedule. We are able to work in cross functional teams as needed to reach goals and objectives.
very hot and strenuous but good people
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 9, 2015
Your responsibilities can change daily according to what area you are assigned to. A lot of fast paced work but in the safest possible way.
Diverse and proactive team members
IT Project Analyst-Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
An excellent organization, great work / life balance, company offers plenty of opportunities for growth. Office locations throughout the US, Europe and Asia.
Pros
life work balance
Great company, great people, great job.
R&D Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 30, 2015
The atypical family atmosphere. Management is very proactive and approachable. As a member of the R&D team, every day presented a new challenge to accompany the everyday routine tasks. a typical day would start with firing up the line, letting everything get up to temp - sometimes very hot - usually a meeting of some sort during this time, or catching up on paperwork or other projects. Once the line was ready to go we would fire it up and conduct our trial/production run until we were satisfied - or defeated. Taking the line down was usually the last mission of the day which typically includes an extruder purge and disassembling and cleaning the die. Could be very hot and very stressful at times but never was I unhappy with my position.
Pros
flexibility, pay/benefits, management, culture, overall work environment
Cons
catered meals always came from the same place.
hard work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  florenceJanuary 7, 2015
great company to work for but very poor eithics when it comes to supervisors and the favoritisum to certain employees.hard work but good pay and benefits. "clicky" groups to work with.
Its a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 9, 2014
Pay and benefits are above average. Work environment is very dirty and dusty. Work schedule can be very stressful with having to rotate between days and nights every 2 months and sometimes being forced to work on scheduled off days
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work enviroment and sometimes unpredictable work schedule
Union that laid the company employees off
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Meredosia, ILDecember 3, 2014
Would you like to review Celanese? I did already but this site just keeps popping this stuff up. So I'm just entering anything to get past it.
Pros
been a while thing are no longer the same
Cons
been a while thing are no longer the same
Great coworkers, terrible culture
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 21, 2014
After more than a year with the company, I was dismissed for offering to help another group in accordance with the "One Celanese" culture shift. Other than the hostile work environment, had some pretty awesome coworkers. Management was detached and uncaring and not at all interested in the long term goals of their subordinates. All's well that ends badly though, I make more money outside the company even as a contract employee.
Pros
great coworkers; pay for the area is little better than average but nothing to brag about
Cons
extremely hostile work environment; terrible management
Very competitive
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2014
Large company with a very competitive work environment. Coworkers where great. Hardest part about the job was the travel.
Pros
safety a priority