Celebrity Cruises Employee Reviews

Good Fit For Some But Not Everyone
Res Agent (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 18, 2017
A typical day involves coming in, clocking in, and tackling whatever comes through your line. It can get very routine after a while so if you're okay with that, you should have no problem. Opportunities do come along to promote or work on special assignments if you want a break from the monotony. The staff is friendly for the most part. There are people that have been there for years that are great resources without a huge ego. Sometimes it's great, other days it's a grind.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks, micromanaging
A unexplainable place to be
Cruise Staff (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2017
Its hard to explain everything from this experience. It is a great experience nevertheless. Crazy hours, many extra duties, strict regulations and management.
Pros
See the world
Cons
Never a day off
Celebrity
Cruise Reservationist-temporary (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 5, 2017
It was too slow paced for me. Id spend nights sitting alone in the call center as the call volume only dictated the need for 1 person. I was also hired in as temp and was not allowed to bonus which meant any achievements would go financially unrewarded.
Great chance to travel , work and save money
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami , FLApril 5, 2017
It is a great place to get experience especially food and beverage department as the company is leading the industry in many occasions.Working conditions has been changed in last few years and there is significant lowered budgets and salary changes in every where.
Pros
Free meals and accommodation
Cons
High cost of internet
Good opportunity for saving money
BarServer (Former Employee) –  MiamiMarch 20, 2017
Its a place where you can build a future, step up in your career and travel around the world.
You have the opportunity to meet people from everywhere and know their culture.
Pros
travel
Good Experience
Assistant Stateroom (Former Employee) –  World WideFebruary 21, 2017
In Charge for 27 Staterooms 2 per day alongside with Cabin Steward
Working i a team give you a chance to learn from the mistakes and constantly improve
Working with over 50 nationalities on board gives you opportunity to learn about their culture and religion
The Hardest part of the job would be the luggage operation on embarkation day
Pros
Free Party, Bingo with great prizes
Cons
Vacations in a period of 2 months
Outstanding company
Learning & Development/Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 19, 2017
A great company focused on delivering exceptional experiences to guest. The worklife balance is difficult due to your time way on the ship however, once on-board it is like home away from home. The leadership is strong and the organization is really people focused.
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MIAMI [USA]December 19, 2016
I like to work on a cruise to see the world and i got a chance to interract with different people.I Learned to be confident at my work place.The management was good.
Pros
free lunches
Celebrity Cruises
Revue Cast Dancer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2016
Then most enjoyable contract at sea that I've had. Modern Luxury at its finest. There is definitely something for everyone from everywhere. Goes way above and beyond for guest satisfaction.
Save and clean working environment
Assistant Stateroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaDecember 6, 2016
Challenging work environment, safe and clean, many things to learn about safety, very good supervision, very good working relationship between every crewmember. the hardest part of the job while experiencing rough seas, lot of fun and crew party.
Pros
free food and accomodation
Cons
long working hours
Ability to work in diverse environment and with diverse group. Extensive knowledge of hospitality etiquette,food preparation and customer service trai
Asst.waiter (Former Employee) –  U.s/Europe/U.KNovember 21, 2016
my typical days in celebrity silhouette was really good but a little bit difficult and sad.difficult because i really missed my family.
I've learn so many things in cruise ship like how to deal with my co- crew member in a friendly way cooperate with my boss.
really great management before but now i don't think so because i want to work in other company now.my co-workers they are really accommodating and very friendly were helping each other in so many ways.The hardest part working on board is my first contract because i started as a utility cleaner were cleaning the huge pan heavy plates because it need to pre-soak,rinse,wash and sanitize every pan,plates,pots and etc.My most enjoyable part in my job when i got my promotion as a Jr.waiter/Asst.Waiter because i really work so hard to get my promotion.
Productive, safety and quality focused, Fun and leisure
Slot Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2016
Day at work, lively with smile captivating walk ins, staff live. What I learned, you can be anything you want to be, Manage and work hard pay, hardest part of the job new project with external equipment getting on board for installation. Most enjoyable meeting people of all classes, and there is no better than that.
Pros
Free living, no tax
Cons
less time for yourself
Challenging
Cook pastry (Current Employee) –  Miami floridaOctober 28, 2016
Good employment and oportunity given. .only that i want to look for a greener pasture so i can provide the needs of my family and give better education for my children.
excellent
2ND COOK (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2016
Ok I've been working here for almost five years but it keeps me away from my children I would like to find a great job that keeps me with my children
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
able to work as a team
Waiter (Former Employee) –  miami floridaOctober 4, 2016
Its actually good working in cruise ship but i have to be with me family that is why i decided to study and work here so i can be with them. for me family is more important that why im looking for a job that will hire me for a long period of time.
Pros
free board and lugging
One Touch Hospitality
One Touch Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2016
One touch is a great idea that gives you a lot of flexibility to do what the customers are asking. Management will normally back you up on your decisions and give you the option to present the solutions to the customer. Most co workers will help you out if you are busy with someone else. It is not a hard job. Customers can be demanding. It is an 8 to 5 job. At the end of the day you dont take your work home.
Pros
They promise a free cruise.
Cons
website not working, hold times, free cruise if you can get onboard
fun,multi-cultural atmosphere,educational experience, world-class
Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2016
Pursuing a career on cruise ships fits those who are motivated, open-minded, hardworking,patient,independent, friendly, pleasant responsible and brave.
One has to be prepared to work min 10 hours per day straight for 8 months if you work in the hotel department while maintaining a sunny and pleasant disposition.One has to be flexible with changing sleeping time due to ship's itinerary and dealing with multicultural ship's crew as well as passengers. Safety and work-related trainings are consistent and ensuring the high quality of service onboard.
The most important aspect of this job for me is being able to travel the world in style.
Pros
career advancement, free travel, free trainings.
Cons
no pension benefit, long working hours, contractual basis
Difficult environment- Heavy stress
One Touch Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 25, 2016
Pay is good relative to other jobs with the same style of work, however, the culture created here promotes an extremely stressful environment.
Productive and fun workplace
2nd Cook - Satellite Kitchen - 9months (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2016
Busy day's work and learned new dishes and recipes due to the multi-cultured environment. Great management skills and the work coexistence with co-workers.
The hardest part is during USPH Inspections on US ports and during the cruise while at sea due to rough sea waves.
I love to work !!! and wash sports
Asistant Manager house keeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 6, 2016
I start the day very positive,I believe positive attract positive and negative negative,plus I like to look impeccable,than I check the priority of the day,communicate with my superior and co-workers,to be sure all the plans of the days are well down.The hardest part of the job is,when thinks are not down,but the most satisfy and enjoyable pare of the job is when in the day end all things in your plan and obligation of your job are successful down.
Pros
What ever the Cruse Line is offering
Cons
I do not like breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celebrity Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2