Celebrity Cruises

Celebrity Cruises Employee Reviews

nice place
DEPUTY SECURITY CHIEF (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: alot of work over 16 hours a day
a good place to work! but not for long time there is no step up.
i enjoyed to work there it was a nice place but i had alot of personal things to close back home thats way i left
Good place to start
Analyst (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 22, 2015
It's a fast paced environment with a lot to learn. You'll utilize multiple data systems, produce deliverables and work on ad hoc reporting throughout. If you're looking to make a career out of the cruising industry this may be the place for you.
Exciting Opportunities; Amazing Growth
Accommodations Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: dynamic organization; forward thinking; people took pride in their work
Cons: susceptable to wavering economics and non-negotiable shareholders
Celebrity Cruises afforded me amazing opportunities for professional growth, a dynamic work environment and diverse coworkers. I was stretched, encouraged, challenged and empowered. It was a wonderful experience that I would not change or bypass.
Very friendly atmosphere and always smiled coleague. Nice,very teasty food for empjoyers. Comfortable and very clean staterooms for staff.
ASST. WAITER (Former Employee), Alaska,UsaFebruary 27, 2015
Great company to work for
Youth Counselor and Youth Program Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: travelling the world
Cons: long hours sometimes challenging co - workers
long hours yet rewarding looking after children
You have to be prepared to work seven days a week up to 13 hours a day.
Getting to explore many different exotic cultures and destinations around the world
Fun place to work with
Bar Utility (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free food, accomodations, etc.
Cons: no day offs but with hours break
I have enjoyed working in Celebrity cruises for 4 years and able to gain friends and go to different places.

I've learned a lot in this company specially in my line of work hospitality industry and able to enhance my knowledge. Most enjoyable part of my job was I able to go to different countries and explore.
Great place to work with amazing people
Hotel Director (Current Employee), Europe, Asia, CarribeanFebruary 2, 2015
Celebrity cruises has been able to "source" an amazing group of individuals that have hospitality at heart. It is well suited for someone who loves to provide superior service.
World Class employer
Manager Technical Operations Support (Former Employee), MiamiJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: international exposure
Cons: nothing
International leader in its industry and a cluster of amassing people. Reasonable compensation package. If you like to travel overseas then you will get your wishes met.
International Public Relations
Public relations officer and Host (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: broadening international public relations.
Cons: no time for private life.
This company is brilliant for individuals who seek to explore outside the boarders of South Africa. The possible growth in Celebrity is plentiful and valuable public relation knowledge is available. You are constantly challenged in all career facets shaping you into a force to recon with in the public relations sector along with facilitating and coordinating skills that grow due to constant functions and events.
Great place to work for and great benefits
Team Leader/Certified Vacation Planner (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: steady book of business
Cons: not growing fast enough
1. Manage an extensive book of a business over 10,000 + clients
2. Assist guests in planning vacations/flights/hotels/insurance claims
3. Team meeting and extensive training to new hires
4. Global training to all areas of the cruising industry
5. Appointment and client retention management
6. Inbound and Outbound Sales Calls
7. Top agent in sales since hired. Currently Top in 2015
8. 1.4 Million revenue 2011/1.8 Million revenue 2012/2.4 Million revenue 2013/2.8 Million revenue 2014
9. Currently holding all company records in revenue produced since hired
10. Book of business includes CEos/Presidents/Law Firms/Business industry/High Revenue,High Valued guests
fun and productive place
cook pastry (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 19, 2014
Cons: long hours
gala buffet day is the touch day because thats the special day and busy day in the whole kitchen and pastry ,showing creativity of all the employee.
learnt the fast service of al a carte,
trained about the sanitation and giving training to the junior staffs.

the most enjoyable part is when the al a carte service starts
all the pre plated food and desserts are prepared same for all the guests according to the pictures
Its very much a fun place ,where you enjoy working every moment.
ASSISTANT MAITRE'D/ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee), MIAMIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: very good facilities for crew
At CELEBRITY CRUISES YOUR DAY START VERY EARLY OR AFTERNOON WHICH ENDS AFTER DINNER WITH BREAKS IN BETWEEN.AT CELEBRITY IN THIS LOVELY 10 YEARS I LEARNED A LOT SPECIALLY MANAGEMENT SKILLS.WE HAVE AROUND 72 DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES ONBOARD,WHICH IS BIGGEST CHALLENGE BUT HAD FRUITFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL MA COLLEAGUES ,THEY WERE SUPERB.AND AS THE SHIP GOES DIFFERENT PORT EVERYDAY THATS THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF WORKING THERE.
The greatest experience so far!
Sommelier (Former Employee), Mediterranian, Western CaribbeanNovember 27, 2014
Pros: opportunity to make money, advancement, contact with new people, traveling, gaining experience and knowledge
Cons: confined living space, no windows, health care
- Typical day at work is precisely planned, pro-active, hard working.
- I've learned that there are no boundaries, only in our minds.
- Management people are hard working individuals, keeping everything together, like a glue.
- My co-workers are my "brothers and sisters", fellow "footsoldiers" on whom I can rely on and vise versa.
- The hardest parts of my job were changing of time - one hour back, double shifts and embarkation, work in the store room, boat drills.
- The most enjoyable parts of the job were feedback and comments from my guests, kind words from my supervisor, teambuilding sessions, learning about new wines, wine tastings, payroll, traveling and meeting new people, recognition and pride.
Fast-paced environment focused on execution and sales
Marketing (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 14, 2014
Smart people fully devoted to the cruise industry work around the clock to drive historic results. Sales-driven culture fully committed to promotions, dynamic pricing, and field sales.
Great Benefits
Certified Vacation Planner (Current Employee), Miami,FLNovember 4, 2014
Cons: we had to take a paycut
employees are amazing, pay is not great as we had to take a pay cut, good facilities, very competitive for job openings, to many times they hire people they are friends with in other departments, very bias work place.
Great Place to Work
Sales (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 20, 2014
Pros: travel opportunities, great bonus structure, and benefits
Cons: little training, few opportunities for advancement
Great place to work for those who are driven/self-motivated. Direct access to higher level professionals, and a very open environment for suggestions, ideas, and feedback. Depending on the role, there are however, few opportunities for advancement or developing skills outside of your role. Yet, many opportunities to earn additional compensation.
Best job I ever had
Call Center Sales and Reservations (Former Employee), WichitaOctober 15, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation at its highest
Cons: i only wish i never would have left
The best job, the best place to work, the best people you could ask to work with and to work for. I am a better person for having being apart of their business.
It was an enjoyable but tough place to work in.
2nd Cook (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 6, 2014
A typical day would begin at around 7am with cleaning and sterilizing the workplace,going to the fridge and labelling the stuff inside there while discarding those not in good condition before going back to my work station to begin work,
I sharpened my skills and also learnt how to work as a team.The kitchen management was always ready to train or to solve any job related problem without hesitation.My co-workers were also a wonderful team since we took each as brothers and sisters and whenever a new member joined us we did all we could to get him/her acclimatized as soon as possible and making him /her feel at home.
The hardest part was that cooks never used to get time to go out leave alone an off and also extremely long working hours with little overtime.The enjoyable part was the staff food was good..
I gain a lot of work experience in a different stages
Supervisor ,Head bartender (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches, crew party
Cons: no weekend off
it is different life experience while you are at sea,but you have opportunity to see one big operation in many departments and visit many different places in the world
learn and integrate the international community.
2nd cook (Current Employee), at seaSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, free food, free parties and many more.
Cons: we have to wait longer after vacation to get next assignment.
- prepare and cook finest, popular and healthy high quality food.
- I learned about USPH standards, new recipes and how to interacting with international guests and staff.
- the management team are very helpful and always present when in need.
- My co-workers are nice, ready to help and give advice. I got the chance to make many friends around the world,
- In the beginning when I joined the ship, I was frequently getting sea sick.
- got the chance to visit many countries and famous places.

1 2 3 4

About Celebrity Cruises

Royal Caribbean Cruises takes to the waves and drops anchor to see the sights. The world's second-largest cruise line (behind – Read more

Celebrity Cruises Photos