Celestial Seasonings Employee Reviews

Very Flexible and Easy Going
Guest Relations and Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Gunbarrel, COMay 17, 2015
I Really Enjoy Working Here.
the general manager is amazing and most the leads are also really awesome. There are a couple people that are irritating but you get that anywhere. It's great to work around tea all day and basically make my own schedule.
Great for location.
Blending Operator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 26, 2015
-Really good job for people in the Boulder/Longmont area.
-Wish the pay could be better. 12$ an hour just doesn't cut it for the positions and amount of physical work and paperwork followed by strict FDA guidelines.
Pros
health insurance through united and 401k
Cons
pay
terrible place to work
Superpak Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 29, 2015
I felt discriminated against.
I had a 99.9% perfect attendance record. The one time I was late my car broke down on the way to work. I was passed over for a permanent position there twice, Every review I got was very good.
A typical day was to report to packaging until I got moved to the tea room. We would get orders ready for shipment. We all worked very hard but were grossly underappreciated.
I learned how to make tea
Management was very bad
Very few of more coworkers lasted more than a month. They were fired very quickly for small mistakes.
The hardest part of the job was working the assembly line.
Pros
getting a new job
Cons
everything was a con at celestial seasonings
Poor Management
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 27, 2014
Celestial Seasonings has changed management, and since then the quality has become secondary to quantity. The company no longer cares about it's employees. Maintenance of equipment is no longer a priority. Tactics of management are a throwback of the 60's.
Pros
good benefits, bonuses
Cons
poor management
Great company that values their employees and shows it
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 23, 2014
Performed challenging and interesting work day to day
I was able to polish my Human Resource base knowledge by being mentored by my direct mgr, Director of Human Resources
Management was professional and held to company culture and policy expectations
My co-workers were absolutely wonderful to work with
The job as a whole was thoroughly enjoyable
Pros
lots of employee incentive programs
Cons
no cons
Tea and Energy Bars for everyone
Senior Network Security Engineer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 18, 2013
-Currently evaluating and redesigning network infrastructure
-Performing network upgrades, implementations and migrations
-Reviewing POCs for up-and-coming WAN Optimization Project
-Responsible for maintaining and stream-lining configurations on the following platforms:
-HP ProCurves: 5406zls, among others
-Fortigate Firewalls: 620Bs
-Aruba Controllers and APs: 3600s/AP-105s, RAP-5-WNs, OS 6.1.3.0
-TippingPoint IPSs
-Juniper SA4500s
-SolarWinds Enterprise Addition for Network Monitoring
Pros
great learning environment. first time configuring fortigate firewalls and hp procurves
Cons
limited project direct. short term contract
Wouldn't Recommend to Anyone
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Boulder COSeptember 19, 2013
I was very excited to start at this company, I was under the impression they were a very people oriented company who cared for their community and their employees.

Unfortunately, my first impression couldn't have been further from the truth. The Celestial Seasonings IT department has terrible management. Their employees are very unhappy, undervalued and under-appreciated.

During the recent horrific flooding we had throughout Colorado, especially in Boulder as the National Guard arrived and police were evacuating people from their homes, Celestial Seasonings deemed it necessary to open the office because "the skies were blue" People who worked in towns that were severely impacted (Lyons, Jamestown, Boulder Canyon) have been "required" to come into the office even if their drive wasn't safe or took several hours each way, because company "policy" is to not let anyone work from home even in the event of a natural disaster.

The dynamics of this department are in shambles, employees have no respect for their management and management has no idea how to lead. The manager of this department is a very nice man, but he lacks the skills and knowledge to lead people in an effective way. As a person or a co-worker, I think he's great. As a manager, he leaves something to be desired.
Pros
people are friendly
Cons
lack of training, penny pinching in the wrong places, poor management, lack of care or concern for employees
Very good people, management sucks!
Assistant Café Manager / Chef (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 21, 2012
They work you and work you and when they don't need you anymore, they discard you like trash.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
having to work with incompentent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celestial Seasonings. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8