Celestica

Celestica Employer Reviews

A contract manufacturing company with an emphasis on semiconductor equipment
Technician / Engineer (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: sometimes flexible work schedule and good meals at holidays
Cons: last minute customer changes with not enough material on-hand to complete the request.
The company (Portland facility) is predominantly a contract manufacturer for the semiconductor industry. The equipment is created by mechanical assembly to create complex, electro-mechanical equipment.

So cables need to be routed through frames and panels installed using machine screws. Then assembled equipment gets functionally tested.

This position – more... and facility have allowed me to further my mechanical assembly skills, knowledge of the functionality of the equipment, troubleshoot electrical panels, troubleshoot the electrical communication of the equipment and work with placement robots.

Some facility perks are they have a pool table and ping pong table in the cafeteria. They provide good food during the fall/winter holidays and have a summer picnic at a nearby park as well. Work-wise they seem to handle the sometimes chaotic semiconductor industry with grace. – less
Great managers, good work enviroment
Information Technology Technician/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: laidoff
To bad company down sized. I enjoyed learning new things and working close with supervisors and management.
Celestica
Stockroom, Material Handler, Etc (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Celestica is an awesome place to work at. I would refer anyone to Celestica to work at
Basic work testing dtv units
Quality Auditor Assistant/ Warehouse Operations (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2014
For the young and old, but not if you want a career. You clock in and test units until your break, lunch, and 2nd break. That's pretty much it, you can move to a different department if your numbers are high. But there really isn't much reward for high numbers. The faster you are the more it's expected of you. The managers are nice and the environment – more... can be very fun. Alot of potlucks and occasional employee appreciation. If you need a steady paycheck, doing easy work. It's the perfect job. If your seeking a career, you will be disappointed eventually. – less
Very good place to work
Rework/Repair Operator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2014
Worked on and repaired circuit boards
Learned a lot
Enjoyed the people and the staff
Nice place to be.
Inspector (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJuly 29, 2014
Enjoyed my time there. Enjoyed the job as inspector. Good management.
One of the best experience
Material Inventory Control Administrator (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJuly 16, 2014
Perform inventory control. I learned how to make improvements in process to get a better result. The management was very smart and nice. My co- workers like a family. The hardest part of my job was the end of the month. Sometime I had to work 19 hours in the same day. What I like most was all the flexibility, enviroment, etc.
team work
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee), san joseJuly 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
the company is small but they are friendly to work all people to work hard and focus on job
great place to work
Quality Administrator (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJuly 9, 2014
learned QMX and Document Control
cworkers were great
company was great
hated that company moved to over seas
Great for a first job
Testing Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 12, 2014
Relaxed job enviorment, first few days are hard. Once geting use to the work, its all great.
Good place to work,
Quality Tech Support I (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 10, 2014
Great place to work schedule works good if you have kids.
Medical benefits are great
prodctive
Material handler (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJune 9, 2014
Pros: picking, fort lift
Cons: finding parts
picking, data entry, stocking and fort lifting.
I learned how to train with the supervisor, the hardest part about my job was finding parts, and the most enjoyable part about my job was picking.
stressful
Lens demolition (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 6, 2014
I worked temporarily in 2012 for a period of four months. The people there are friendly but I never felt that temporary workers could obtain full time employment. These temporary jobs are at a very low level in terms of skill required
Leaning skill does need a process
Electrical/ Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNApril 27, 2014
Pros: company focus on how to profit than customer satification
Cons: great place for social life
Develops electronic assemble and functional test skills. Leaned how to process production inspection and rework.
Fun Work Environment
Expeditor, Customer Service (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 17, 2014
Good work place with friendly people. People were willing to help you out if you were new at the job. Schedules were flexible and management was willing to work with your schedule.
Good place to work friendly people
On-Site Electronics Technician /Inspector (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: some seasonal outings and lunches
Cons: i was hired as a temp and could only work for 2 yrs.
Everyone is very easy to work with. My manager was very understanding and treated very well if not better than any other company I have worked for. It can be tough working as a temp when you see how well regular employees are taken care of.
Good company to work with growing opportunities and looking to diversification to be less sucseptible for economic impacts.
Global Business Office Director (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, overall profesional development
Cons: long working hours available 24hrs, 7 days of the week.
Working with off-shore locations in Europe and Malaysia. Good co-workers that allows sharing of experience and coaching. Company enables to grow on different fields:manufacturing, engineering, business development.
Long hours working with opposite working hours sites at the same time.
Able to work with emerging sites that needs coaching and leadership.
Fast Pace Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: every friday free donuts.
Celestica is a great company if chose to work full-time otherwise it makes it very competitive for the part time employee.
Great local management
Human Resources Business Manager (Former Employee), USDecember 3, 2013
Corporate leadership too involved in day to day operations. Very little autonomy.
One of the best company to work- people are friendly, a relaxing environment to work & they offer good benefits for their employees.
NPI Planner (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 7, 2013
Celestica is one of the best company that ever worked at. Everyone that I know here are so friendly which makes my daily job a lot easier. You are encourage to come to work everyday knowing that the workplace you're going to is like your second home, like your second family. Also, Celestica offers one of the best benefits a company can offer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Celestica

Celestica may not be the mother of all board makers, but it definitely ranks among the leaders. One of the world's top electronics – Read more