Celestica Employee Reviews in United States

If you need a job...
production assembly 3 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 13, 2015
I have worked here for 2 years. It is great if you fit in with the proper clique. However if you don't or you fallout it is not going to be nice. They often change your work hours day to day, up to 12's. So great if you have no family, kids, responsibilities, or life outside of work. The pay is decent if you get in at a good rate but raises are relatively non existent. The management will lie to your face, change "deals made with you and do whatever they can to keep you where they want you. If you have or want any free will I recommend the time be short.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything.
dirty place to work, dangerous hazards, overtime all the time
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 9, 2015
get like unlimited overtime at this place. checks come out good at the end of each week but have to be dedicated to work so many hours. work as part of an agency at first and super hard to get promoted or hired by this company to secure a job. so no benefits or
raises if still working for the agency after your 3 months, have to be the best out of everyone in everything your job has to offer to even get hired. work for a year there and no job security. hazardous place to work at as well. care about your health being this is not the place.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
horrible environment, hard to get hired by company
while working at IBM, ROCHESTER, MN
Specialist Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2016
Operated huge machines to make computer disks Assured NICKLE QUALITY by LAB. ANALYSIS. This was my first job in USA after coming to USA in 1996. I worked in CLEAN ROOM, where we had to handle Nickle polish computer disks and handling them without touching in middle part of these discs were really tricky. We had to work by wearing some kind of work dresses which was zero bacteria and zero particle suits with hood etc. After working there, I was shifted to disc polishing area and we had to load the discs in the machines very carefully keeping all the safety points in watch. I had very good relationships with co-workers. Management was very good in fact the best. Hardest part of the job was to work on those 4 national holidays too, but we were compensated for that and we happily did it every time.
Good employer with work life balance
Director/General Manager Data Center Solutions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Good employer with work life balance.

Long term company for folks looking to evolve their career.

Global job opportunity
Pros
Goods benefits and management style
Cons
Lack of growth
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 7, 2016
The typical day at work emails our customer in the daily basis, greet our employees and our management. I learned a lot from begin I started there as Assembler and got promoted as Team Lead and got promoted again as Administrative 1. I worked there for 7 years and sad to say our company closed down in Oxnard branch. I love to work there I got to trained our new customer service personnel, my co-workers very friendly and helpful in every way. I say I have a good team and good company. The hardest part of the job is getting our customer frustrated with there orders. Most of our clients wants to expedite the orders. The most enjoyable part of the job I have a good team work in my department and our manager very nice guy.
Pros
Free lunches, monthly bday party and raffle tickets for the employees.
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxed enjoyable fast paced work environment
Customer Product Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 16, 2015
A typical day is pretty crazy trying to keep up with customer expectations when they're constantly changing is a difficult feat indeed. Although it can be difficult to balance the workload I have learned how to keep priorities in order to effectively get my job done. Co-workers are all great everyone enjoys the relaxed atmosphere, but some times it can feel like the relaxed atmosphere is one of the only perks. Constantly hear people say so hard to leave this job not, because of pay, or other benefits. But because of the flexibility, and often lack of accountability. The hardest part is dealing with customer changes it is a lot of pressure to make sure no mistakes are made. Once a year Celestica has site wide tournaments for foosball, ping pong, pool everyone really enjoys it, and gets into the spirit of it all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High pressure, benefits, compensation, raises
Not well manage and not organize company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2016
Everything is trained from person to person . Management does not know anything that is happening on the floor but only looking for problems that arises. The job is not hard due to the lack of trainning. Job is an do it over and over process and it gets boring. Base people on the floor have no knowledge but still trains each other.
Pros
Free lunch, long breaks due to no management
Cons
healthcare, pay increase, management, lack of engineering
Everything was last minute.
Soldering (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 6, 2016
We never had a day when they tell us anything a head of time. The Good thing about this company is that they use to teach people how to solder good but once they let go of the trainer and put someone who just started to Solder as well, things started to go down from there. I was lucky to have a good trainer.
Pros
early shift from 5am to 1pm
Cons
days with no work, not organized with the work flow
Celesitaca
Planner Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 1, 2016
Celestica is dedicated to building solid partnerships and providing flexible solutions to enable our customers' success. We are adaptive and agile and help customers anticipate and prepare for unexpected changes.

Our talented global team is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions at the lowest total cost of ownership – enabling our customers to keep their commitments and stand out in their markets. Our expertise is in design and engineering, electronics manufacturing and supply chain management services. Our suite of solutions spans the entire product lifecycle – from design, through to delivery and after-market support.

By understanding the unique complexity of each customer’s business, we develop customized solutions that drive product innovation, cost savings, supply chain efficiencies and improved time-to-market.

We offer our customers an extremely efficient global network including 10 strategically located specialized centers of excellence focused on meeting our customers’ needs. This strategic network provides our customers with the flexibility they need to respond quickly to changes in end-market demand. Our customer portfolio spans the enterprise, communications, consumer, aerospace and defense, industrial, alternative energy and healthcare end-markets
Great company to work for!
Buyer/ Planner (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 16, 2015
Great company to work for! I loved the time I had with the company. At the time I was employed, there were 52 worldwide locations. That number has dropped to 32 locations today. This company is a contract manufacturing company and they are directly impacted by consumer market trends, When the product life cycle comes to an end then this line of business will fall away. Celestica has tried to diversify it's client base and add to it as other companies fall off.
Pros
Great culture and management!
Cons
Uncertain long-term future of line of businesses
repared cable boxes
Manual Tester (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 12, 2016
I stayed inside a warehouse repairing and testing used cable boxes. It was very repetitive. Learned how to fix cable boxes and to work on a production line. The management was good there, and the co workers were fun.
Enjoyable under correct management
Process and Applications Support (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMay 20, 2016
Very high turnover rate through entire range of employees. It was an enjoyable place to work under certain management. Travel opportunities available but not mandatory.
Professional workplace
Quality Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 9, 2016
Great company to be a part of. There are some good employees here. If you enjoy constantly challenging yourself to become more knowledgeable of the industry apply here.
Productive and Competitive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warm Springs, CAMay 25, 2016
Teamwork and positive attitude, very competitive, and pushes for continuous improvement. Long hours, learn as you go,
Management has no clue
Slave (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2013
Management has no clue on what is going on. They stay in meetings all day and nothing gets accomplished then they wonder why they are not making money. They talk down to employees and do not provide a fair workplace. IF you get a raise it is not even worth it because insurance cost and cost of living goes up WAY MORE then the little (if any) raise you get. Change the MANAGEMENT there and then MAYBE it would be a ok workplace. They provide promises that they cannot keep and when they change a process people just follow it for about a week and then they just go back to doing it the way they want because they don't care and management doesn't enforce because they loose interest and also don't care.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Exploites employee and no job stability
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaliforniaDecember 2, 2012
I was a contractor engineer here and first time that people interviewed me turned out none of them will be my supervisor. Also a 1st time that as a contractor i was put on salary. End up they want u to work 10+ hrs a day and u need to show up and work every saturday as well! Would not work here if I had s choice. Totally Incompetent management who just arrived literally across the boarder yesterday who doesn't understand US Labor Laws and work culture yet u will be working under him. Dominated by Spanish speaking Hispanics, but if u don't speak it then u r screwed. Lay off comes w/o notice and u get the notice around noon on Friday and u r unemployed on Monday.
Pros
no pros that i can think of...
Cons
unpaid overtime and weekend work, incompetent management, no job stability
Too much work, very little lunch time, felt like i am in labor camp.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fremont CAJuly 7, 2015
Very horrible place to work, almost 70% people working there are from temps, I worked 2 months as CMM inspector, they fired me without giving any reason, I just heard that I will damage the parts, which I did not, I was told to leave by agency, they have fired material handler and CMM inspector should be their own material handler, management made inspector clean and pick and garbage in parking lot or by the grass and plants, every morning take dustbin and walk all over parking lot and in lawn to pick up anything, a revolving door company, quality supervisor who interviewed me was hired 5 months ago and this he told me, and he found another job and quit this company after a month I worked, Quality manager has worked there 6 months only, in 2 years they have 4th General Manager, have worked 25 years but never had such horrible experience.
Pros
Good amount of overtime
Cons
Very stressful, you must not be idle for 5 minutes, must multitask.
Best Manufacturing Job I have ever Had
Line Material Coordinator, Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 26, 2013
These people did it right.... I was taken in shortly after graduating high school. Had no experience in this field, but was trained on the job to be a successful addition to the Company. I learned so much about the industry of circuit board manufacturing. I am also a fast learner, so I was trained in almost every position on the floor except management (by my choice). I also became friends with many of my co-workers, and enjoyed the time I spent at this company. We worked a lot, but the benefits they provided were worth it.
Pros
competitive pay and in house cafeteria
Cons
plant closed
Good place to learn something new
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2015
Nice people to work with and great people to learn from. Relaxed atmosphere and great sense of team. Management is involved when needed. Typical day for me was entering data into computer systems and comparing schematics versus drawings.
One of the best company to work- people are friendly, a relaxing environment to work & they offer good benefits for their employees.
NPI Planner (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2013
Celestica is one of the best company that ever worked at. Everyone that I know here are so friendly which makes my daily job a lot easier. You are encourage to come to work everyday knowing that the workplace you're going to is like your second home, like your second family. Also, Celestica offers one of the best benefits a company can offer.