Celestica Employee Reviews

Just a job
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 9, 2017
Now, this may not be complete reflection of the company itself, as it is just a job placement agency. My experience comes from the company I was placed in. It was a warehouse job, which you couldn't expect much to begin with. There was really no opportunities for much growth and management was mediocre. Only recommended if you're looking for a job in between a major change.
Good workplace
Line leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2017
Good place to work with great benefits, You're able to meet a lot of interesting people. There is great opportunities to learn different areas of the business.
nice co-workers
ELECTRONICS, RF Repair, and CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2017
nice co-workers who cared about their product and were proud of
making the company what it had become. Most of them had come from LUCENT and were ready to retire after 30 or more years of service.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
plant was shutting down
contract manufacturer
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2017
Fast paced with unrealistic expectations of it's workers but no longer in Austin, Texas. People were rude and self-centered for the most part. Some were nice.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
No longer in business
work practice
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 27, 2017
Bad place to work when the people in your team spend more time on their cell phones and then stopping when they start talking to each other and your the only one working . And the lead dose the same thing. I got let go cause I got a flue shot and it got me sick so I miss too many days and was told that by me missing it slowed production, Why because the guy that was doing all the work was not there.
Pleasant Experience
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, IAMay 27, 2017
Celestica was a good place to work. They had good benefits and treated their employees well. Was able to learn and apply multiple technical practices.
productive place, friendly environment, big on safety
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 22, 2017
Great place to work at, but they just dont offer much advancements or raises. Still good for getting experience. supervisors arent to uptight and pretty lenient on sick days
Poorly managed and opportunistic organization
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 15, 2017
Celestica presents itself as a viable contract manufacturer, however it's goal of reducing costs also resulted in the outsourcing of Avaya's manufacturing to Monterey Mexico to reduce costs which had the effect of compromising quality and driving the company into a spiral that it hasn't recovered from.
Corporation with great culture.
Information Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 12, 2017
The culture was encouraging and consistent from the level of director across the board. Reliable management and leader in technology while giving superb customer service.
Busy Busy Busy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 24, 2017
The jobs offer great diversity but restrict overall growth. This company needs to work on integration strategies. Good opportunities for training and development.
Fun to interact with customer
Sr. Production Manager / CFT Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 18, 2017
Celestica is mature and the Staff knows their roles. Manufacturing process in Ontario were weak due that the direct and first supervising level did not have the experience. The challenge was to develop and coach the people and make them do baby steps and ensure a constant improvement. It took me about six month to be in alignment and start to create a road map to exceed customer expectations.
Pros
Team work
I learned a lot at this company
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
I had many different opportunities within Celestica and am very grateful for the experience. At times, the management changes associated with growth were a bit tough, but I got through it. I really enjoyed the entrepreneurship of setting up new factories and doing assessments on other factories to learn about new ways of doing things.
Pros
Opportunities to grow experience.
Cons
Most opportunities were lateral moves
work life
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 26, 2017
Lots of expectations to give up your personal time for work and meeting. Asked to work on weekends, no support and not enough help to complete work. Lots of misdirection
High Pace
Inside Sales/Planner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 24, 2017
High pace and demanding work. Positions are always evolving. The site is very diverse and clean place to work. Advancement opportunities are always available.
Cutthroat environment
Cannot identity (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 22, 2017
Celestica may have changed the name of the Fremont locations but they still function like a mom and pop store. Zero training and the seasoned employees are not willing to train or share information. Management do not like each other so it makes it hard for employees to be cohesive and work well together. Too many machines and employees crammed into small buildings no parking for many employees and no space for cubicles and IT is rude and not helpful.
Pros
Cons
no 401k match, no advancement, poor management, no parking
Awesome people and good work environment
Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work consists of me doing my work making sure I inspect all my units and ensure the quality of our products. What I have learned there is to work as a team because with a team you can get things done better and faster. Management there is good all my leads and supervisors want to make sure we are good and doing our jobs correctly they really care about everyone. The hardest part of the job is that there is no hard part. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all my coworkers of I have created a strong bond with and have taken our friendship outside of work.
Pros
foosball table in the break room.
Cons
30 minute lunch.
great fast paste enviorment.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 8, 2017
i learned to work in a fast paste enviorment. comunication skills.The managment was very hepful always willing to help and listen. I ensuresd the products quality before leaving the building.
Company kept employees well accomodated
Testing Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Celestica provided excellent training and ensured you passed the certification test. They provided a great environment to work in compared to other companies.
Pros
well ventilated area with various locations containing medical kits and also water dispensers.
Cons
Nice location and very professional people.
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2017
It was fun working here with a very diverse of intelligent and dedicated, diverse people. Too bad they closed the facility here in the Bay area.
Pros
Professional and knowledgeable people
Cons
No site here in Bay Area
Great Entry Level Job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92337November 24, 2016
This Job was Great for a Fresh out of High school graduate who is seeking for an experience in working. The warehouse was Company that worked with Direct TV units.
Pros
Excellent Workmanship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celestica. Our community is ready to answer.