Celgard LLC Employee Reviews

Typical work day
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2015
Arrive at work at 5:45 and report to my department. Conduct safety meeting and warm ups. Create jobs for machines if needed. Work with crew on cleaning and setting up machines. Help move material to and from machines during shift. Also work on monthly and daily safety meetings for the month. Order materials and send off materials as needed.
I learned a lot with shipping, working as a leader, the importance of safety training and meetings.
It was hard transitioning into a management roll at first. I bypassed a lot of employees that had been there longer than I was and I got a bad reaction from it. After they saw that I was just a part of the crew like they were ingot in there and did the same jobs as everyone else it went a whole lot smoother.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We really got along.
Only hard part about the job was continually moving materials back and forth down a hall way the length of a football field. It made 12hr shifts very long.
I enjoyed the guys I worked with and still tay in contact with some of them.
This place was all about numbers and politics. Once I realized this I tried going back to being a regular technician and it was frowned upon by management. I was never treated the same. I made it through 2 lay offs but didn't make it through the third.
Celgard
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Concord NcMarch 30, 2015
I worked here as a receptionist and absolutely love the people. They are very kind and helpful, and really spend the time needed to train you. It was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Wonderful HR staff, always willing to help
Cons
Not enough positions available
Micromanaged
former employee (Former Employee) –  concord, ncMarch 17, 2015
The job was great on the rare day that you were not micromanaged to death. If you do not mind having your integrity, work ethic, and intelligence challenged by supervisors, the Concord facility is the place to be.
Pros
pay and benefits are ok
Cons
incompetent micromanagers
great company
Lab Technician / Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2013
perform lifetime studies on the products that were purchased by the customer. recondition product that was purchased by customer if at all possible.
Pros
everything
Cons
Clean work environment with good co-workers(teamwork)
Manufacturing Tech II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 3, 2013
A typical day consisted of beginning with excercise to loosen up the muscles to help prevent sprains/strains. We then did a changeover with previous shift to get details of job being ran and any other necessary information needed concerning machine. Do the necessary paperwork and read over job specification sheet to make sure previous shift running the job at the proper settings. Run the job as required. Take designated breaks. Do housekeeping and safety checks as required. Do changeover with the oncoming shift.
Pros
Clean workplace with decent pay.
Well trained production position
Flat Sheet Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 30, 2013
Worked a 12 hour production position. Learned blown extrusion and platic stretching process. Direct management was good but upper management sometimes lacked communication. Had a really good core group of co worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgard LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5