Celgene Corporation

Celgene Corporation Employee Reviews

Great compensation but culture leaves a lot to be desired
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 7, 2017
General overall comment is that many departments do not strive to raise the bar for performance and/or efficiencies. Management often takes the path of least resistance. If you are looking for advancement or to put your strengths to work, you may want to look at another company.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Weak management
Growing company with good culture
Hematology Oncology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 2, 2016
Celgene is a fast growing biotech company with excellent benefits. The company has an excellent culture but is slowly changing to a more larger company feel.
Pros
stock options, culture
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement
Great Company
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Celgene Corporation is a great company overall. To see the advancement from when I started and departed is phenomenal.
Pros
Great benefits, passion for patients, great employee fun days
Great for individual contributors only
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Few opportunities for professional growth and development. If you enjoy being an individual contributor and have no particular ambition or desire to advance and progress upward, Celgene may be a good fit. Otherwise, not a great organization.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of upward mobility, few advancement opportunities, poor development planning
Patient support
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 30, 2016
I like Mondays typically because the day flies by quickly. On any given day, you will find me responding to emails, speaking with clients and organizing my weekly schedule.
In the past, the traditional Company allowed opportunities of trying new projects and if you failed so be it. The hardest part of my job is trying to persuade senior management to implement new areas that will support those enrolled in our Driver service program.
Being in a non-generating function in my organization my goal is often to determine how to support my customers and save money.
With no direct reports, I influence and manage a thousand field base employees and the most enjoyable part of my job is creating opportunities for continued learning, based on the industry changes.
Pros
Cons
HR Support
Great Company
Manager Internal Controls/Audit (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 30, 2016
Celgene Corporation as a company is great for patient and innovations.Fantastic benefits but management can be slightly better.
Good company, hardworking people
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJune 15, 2016
High productivity and quality expected but was able to perform job functions well. Worked overtime to complete amount of work expected. Overall satisfied with job, salary, and benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
overworked but able to perform job functions effectively
very flexible position
Oncology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2016
A typical day involved seeing Oncologists and nurses in the Birmingham and Huntsville Market.Very competitive market but had great rapport and achieved objectives. Management was good and enjoyed working with my team.The hardest part was just having patience that MDs would make the right decision with our products.
I really enjoyed the whole deep dive experience of discussing studies and data with HCPs.
Pros
Great Insurance and stock
Cons
Meetings very long
Company is doing well but would not recommend
e-Learning Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 22, 2016
Company is doing well but culture is little to be desired. Not much flexibility in terms of work/life balance. Would not recommend them unless you just want to stay 1-2 years.
Productive and busy workplace
Senior Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 10, 2017
I loved my time at this growing company as well as the energy that was instilled from management. Numerous chances to learn and interact with other groups. Great experience altogether.
Pros
Room to grow and learn
Cons
Lack of hiring and FTE positions
Staff Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2016
Loved the whole work environment and felt I was part of a well oiled machine. They had a great work life balance. Everyone was willing to help each other when needed.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 13, 2016
I would love to get a full time position at Celgene. There are been some recent re-org changes and my position may be eliminated. I have been supporting the Sr. Director of Environmental, Health and Safety for the past 14 months. I also support the Environmental team and Occupational Health and Safety. I maintain the budget and was involved in projecting the EHS budget for 2017.
Good benefits, poor work-life balance
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJanuary 4, 2016
Very nice people to work with, a lot of opportunities for learning.
Poor management, too many well qualified, superior performers were pushed out of the door because of bad managers.
Pros
Good Benefits, stock option, free gym or gym reimbursement, free lunch
Cons
toxic management
its a good environment working at my old place
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 3, 2016
Indeed is good job portal where we can find number of positions to apply for job. Its very easy and beneficial for the candidates to surf for the positions in different locations.
Fast paced exciting environment
Medical Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 7, 2016
Celgene is a growing company which is fast paced and rewarding. Working at Celgene, each day is different and allows for learning new things everyday.
Nice work place
NET Developer( New Jersey) (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJAugust 25, 2016
Its a good work area, and great management. Sometimes i get access to work from home. I love it in some situations. And great support from the co-workers.
Great company
SR Metrologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2016
I love my job and enjoy working at Celgene. It has a great culture and have learned a lot about pressure, vacuum, temperature, air quality, and chemistry.
Pretty Fast past enviorment
Validation Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 25, 2016
friendly ppl. The project I was working on was cut short so I don't have to much input. The buildings are pretty nice. The company has some really good products so I think they'll be around for a while.
Balanced
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 30, 2016
Well balanced company. A typical day consist of fast paced environment. One must be detailed oriented and focused at all times. Co workers are loving and kind
Pros
family oriented
Cons
Political
Productive company
Cellular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJNovember 14, 2016
Good company to work for. Great people with good work ethic. Work is interesting and exciting. Many great positives in working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgene Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.