Celgene Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company with excellent leaders
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2017
Celgene is a great company to work for. I have been here for 5 years and every person I have worked with has been so kind, respectful, and good at what they do. The management is fair and supportive. They were always flexible with my schedule and provided so many benefits. This company genuinely cares about its employees and it's mission to make the lives of patients better. The hardest part about this job is leaving. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to work for a company that strives to make the lives of people better.
My Experience
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Celgene is a great company and provided its employees with wonderful benefits, compensation and positive work place environment.
Benefits
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Excellent Research
PRINCIPAL CLINICAL SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Celgene is an excellent company for cancer research. I find working with various medical directors and scientists extremely rewarding.
Poor Culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 23, 2017
You'll find yourself surrounded by the same old drama and office politics here. There are too many people who have been stuck in the same position for too long and feel trapped under the glass ceiling. Lots of cynicism, backstabbing, and no teamwork. Their values are weak and their idea of a positive culture is just smoke and mirrors. Don't waste your time or energy here because there are way better opportunities now in other organizations.
Pros
They bought out the old Merck facilities which are nicely renovated.
Cons
Hypocrisy. Lack of accountability with weak management.
Great company, great benefits
Senior Metrologist - Product Development (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Best company ever worked for,benefits are great. Company cares about employees. Company will invest in you and pay for tutions if you want to go back to school
Productive and busy workplace
Senior Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 10, 2017
I loved my time at this growing company as well as the energy that was instilled from management. Numerous chances to learn and interact with other groups. Great experience altogether.
Pros
Room to grow and learn
Cons
Lack of hiring and FTE positions
Great compensation but culture leaves a lot to be desired
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 7, 2017
General overall comment is that many departments do not strive to raise the bar for performance and/or efficiencies. Management often takes the path of least resistance. If you are looking for advancement or to put your strengths to work, you may want to look at another company.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Weak management
Great Company
Senior Trainer (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Celgene Corporation is a great company overall. To see the advancement from when I started and departed is phenomenal.
Pros
Great benefits, passion for patients, great employee fun days
Patient support
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 30, 2016
I like Mondays typically because the day flies by quickly. On any given day, you will find me responding to emails, speaking with clients and organizing my weekly schedule.
In the past, the traditional Company allowed opportunities of trying new projects and if you failed so be it. The hardest part of my job is trying to persuade senior management to implement new areas that will support those enrolled in our Driver service program.
Being in a non-generating function in my organization my goal is often to determine how to support my customers and save money.
With no direct reports, I influence and manage a thousand field base employees and the most enjoyable part of my job is creating opportunities for continued learning, based on the industry changes.
Pros
Cons
HR Support
Staff Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2016
Loved the whole work environment and felt I was part of a well oiled machine. They had a great work life balance. Everyone was willing to help each other when needed.
Great company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 13, 2016
I would love to get a full time position at Celgene. There are been some recent re-org changes and my position may be eliminated. I have been supporting the Sr. Director of Environmental, Health and Safety for the past 14 months. I also support the Environmental team and Occupational Health and Safety. I maintain the budget and was involved in projecting the EHS budget for 2017.
very flexible position
Oncology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2016
A typical day involved seeing Oncologists and nurses in the Birmingham and Huntsville Market.Very competitive market but had great rapport and achieved objectives. Management was good and enjoyed working with my team.The hardest part was just having patience that MDs would make the right decision with our products.
I really enjoyed the whole deep dive experience of discussing studies and data with HCPs.
Pros
Great Insurance and stock
Cons
Meetings very long
Fast paced exciting environment
Medical Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 7, 2016
Celgene is a growing company which is fast paced and rewarding. Working at Celgene, each day is different and allows for learning new things everyday.
Growing company with good culture
Hematology Oncology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 2, 2016
Celgene is a fast growing biotech company with excellent benefits. The company has an excellent culture but is slowly changing to a more larger company feel.
Pros
stock options, culture
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement
Company is doing well but would not recommend
e-Learning Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 22, 2016
Company is doing well but culture is little to be desired. Not much flexibility in terms of work/life balance. Would not recommend them unless you just want to stay 1-2 years.
Productive company
Cellular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Knolls, NJNovember 14, 2016
Good company to work for. Great people with good work ethic. Work is interesting and exciting. Many great positives in working here.
Balanced
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 30, 2016
Well balanced company. A typical day consist of fast paced environment. One must be detailed oriented and focused at all times. Co workers are loving and kind
Pros
family oriented
Cons
Political
Pretty Fast past enviorment
Validation Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJOctober 25, 2016
friendly ppl. The project I was working on was cut short so I don't have to much input. The buildings are pretty nice. The company has some really good products so I think they'll be around for a while.
Great company
SR Metrologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2016
I love my job and enjoy working at Celgene. It has a great culture and have learned a lot about pressure, vacuum, temperature, air quality, and chemistry.
its a good environment working at my old place
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 3, 2016
Indeed is good job portal where we can find number of positions to apply for job. Its very easy and beneficial for the candidates to surf for the positions in different locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgene Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.