Celgene Corporation

Celgene Corporation Employer Reviews

pharma industry
Administrative Assistant/Department Coordinator (Former Employee), Summit, NJApril 15, 2014
Great responsibilities, exceeding my job description. Heavy event management role which lead me to start my own business
Learned many things about working in a professional setting
Intern (Former Employee), Summit, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: short breaks
My supervisor would always be there if I ever had any questions and wanted to see me be successful in the workplace.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: great place to work!
Great place to work, you work hard but you will also play. Management does care about the employees. Benefits are great, health care and pay.
Productive and Great Career Advancement opportunity
Risk Compliance Specialist Celgene Corporations (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJApril 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
I like working here because of the diverse environment. There are many opportunities to advance in your career and management helps with steering you into the perfect role.
Productive, Organized, Highly skilled team
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Knolls, NJApril 1, 2014
Every day is a new adventure at Celgene's LifeBank USA. Because we work with human placentas and cord blood, we have to be prepared for anything and everything. What LifeBank has to offer is an excellent program where we process placentas and cord blood for stem cell banking for donations and private clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing – more... that we process today could make a difference in the families' futures. – less
Diverse people
Data Entry Coordinator (Current Employee), Berekeley HeightsApril 1, 2014
Benefit is great. i love working in celgene because some people i worked with are cool and approachable.
One of the Best Company's I worked for.
Quality Control/Associate Aseptic Operator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: none.
Excellent company that gives back to the community through it's product.
Celgene
Aseptic Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: bad management
I LOVED MY JOB.
It was constantly throwing out new challenges for me to overcome as well as teaching me new things all the time. my co workers were pretty cool to work with for the most part but of course you're going to have a few bad eggs everywhere you go. My only problem was management. I worked in manufacturing and the management there was TERRIBLE. – more... My immediate supervisor as well as the department manager AS WELL AS the department director had no experience working in manufacturing, no experience in equipment diagnosis and were all terrified o the environmental supervisor who is a problem all on her own. She would made "strong suggestions" with no physical tested evidence to back her up that made the operators life miserable and still not fix the issues. some times it made it worse. My management had no idea what they were doing and because of that the other supporting departments started getting all power and say so of what happens in the area, thus furthering the terrible decision making. No one would ever listen to the operators because what do they they know, I mean they only work with and on the machines EVERY DAY. We loved being treated like incompetent children all the time. The hardest part of the job was waiting for someone to make a decision when everyone is scared to. – less
I enjoyed my time there
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJNovember 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch in meetings
Cons: not enough contract timing
Everyday, I would go in happy and excited to work with such wonderful people. I learned how to communicate with people better and use the phone. The hardest part of the job was waiting for work to get handed to me so I sat there bored. The most enjoyable part of my job was me working with their databases.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), SummitNovember 5, 2013
Pros: steady work - work life balance
Cons: no advancement oppotunities
Busy and enjoyed working with staff. Friendly environment.
Too much busy work
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee), san diegoOctober 9, 2013
Very busy with little to no credit given for amount of work performed. Fun culture/work environment
Very Good Company
Sr. Livelink Developer (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 26, 2013
Outstanding management, extremely nice co-workers. Strongly recommended.
Good company with great people to work with
Strategic Supply Planner (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJAugust 26, 2013
It was a good learning experience.Learned new skills and gained experience
Great company
Technical Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJuly 24, 2013
Pros: nice location, good people
Loved my consulting project there. Interesting assignment, friendly people. Great location.
Great people, lack of work
Registrations Representative/Administrator (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJJune 20, 2013
Fun and sociable coworkers, management was a little inconsistent. Job was very laid back, working at a desk and computer, but the pay was good.
Challenging, growing company
Space Planner/Move Manager (Current Employee), Summit, NJMay 9, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management doe not stand by you
Serious lack of upper management. Was a consultant for over two years with no chance of a permanent position.
Promise a lot, but nothing is true
Finance (Former Employee), Berkley Heights, NJMay 7, 2013
Cons: everything
They promise a lot, but first the 401K, for the first 4 years you can only put your money into their own stock(all your eggs in one basket). Second the finance/shared services group only care about what you have done for me today. Managers are not involved in the day to day and when asked questions get input from their employees then pass off the answer – more... as their own. They also do not work with you to learn their system... They expect you to know their way of doing things or you not good enough.

HR is not interested in your problem, only what their managers tell them. Problem is their managers don't know what they are doing. They have a lot of advancement, problem with that is then you have people that don't know what they are doing in charge.

They tell you that you can make 150% of your bonus, but they never pay it. – less
Fast pace and challenging oncology company.
Product Development Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILApril 6, 2013
An international oncology group with several therapeutics within their portfolio, the Celgene Corporation offers a tremendous opportunity for individuals who want to learn in a large pharmaceutical setting.
Very professional. A pleasure to work with this company
Clinical Data Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 12, 2013
I enjoyed my time at Celgene. The management was very knowledgeable of the work involved and very appreciative of any extra work done.
Review for Celgene
Administrative Assistant, Programming Department (Current Employee), Summit, NJMarch 8, 2013
Pros: friendly people, excellent benefits, good experience
My current position at Celgene includes working with the statistical programmers and mangers in the Data Operations & Programming Department. I keep records for them, handle meeting requests and inquiries about travel/expense reports. I have also set up interviews with contractors/permanent employees when needed and have worked with HR and vendors to – more... coordinate set up.

I work with another administrative assistant in the department so we share responsiblities if needed. We are able to work together in case we need extra help on a project. My department is independent but they are able to ask me for help when necessary.

I am fortunate to work with a group of people that I can help and that appreciate my help. I am happy I can assist them with any issues they may have. – less

About Celgene Corporation

Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.