Please attach salary range and valid references to your resume
Job Title: Quality Process Engineer
Department: Quality Control
Reports to: Quality Manager/Operations Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Quality Process Engineer ensures compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution. He/she designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products. He/she performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to design, test, manufacturing, quality standards and procedures when necessary. This role also recommends performance objectives for engineering, test, manufacturing, product and design functions as well as takes active part in external audits.
1. Professionally manages customer communications regarding quality issues, replacement product turn-around time and status, correlation of testing parameters and deviations to specifications, when required.
2. Participate in all external audits and validate systems, establish processes, and prepare reports for performance.
3. Serve as the Quality Manager’s backup when needed.
4. Reviews and evaluates product and solution designs and production activities for potential quality issues; provides tangible feedback based on results and root-cause analysis and designs and implements solutions to improve product quality and mitigate risk of failures.
5. Analyze data and monitor implementation of Process and Quality Control Strategy.
6. Assist in training various teams for quality procedures (ISO 9001) and ensure compliance to best practices.
7. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality while applying feedback to improve performance.
1. Bachelor of Science degree required; BS in Electrical, Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
2. Experience in lean manufacturing and printing industry preferred.
3. Knowledge in quality audits (i.e., ISO).
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Cellotape’s focus is to be the best, most trusted source of innovative labels, overlay panels, nameplates, and components to customers in the Electronics and Medical industries, as well as other companies throughout California. Cellotape’s dedication to being a valued business resource has resulted in strong customer alliances with many of the most respected leaders in the Medical, Networking/Telecom, Storage, Semiconductor Equipment, Electronics, Peripherals, and Automotive Parts industries. That dedication is based on award-winning quality, the latest developments in applied technology and processes, unparalleled service, and the same mutual respect and trust that we’ve enjoyed with our valued customers since 1949.