Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment, Flexible Hours, and Uncapped Commissions
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2017
I have worked with Verizon Wireless Cellular Sales going on 6 years. The work environment feels like your not at work because you're having fun selling phones, tablets, and many other products that we offer. The commissions with Cellular Sales are the highest in the cell phone industry. If you have a hard work ethic and driven to make money then this job is for you. You have flexible hours along with great leadership that help coach and train you in order to be successful in this business. One of the great aspects of this job is no day is the exact same. Your always interacting with difference customers and selling the latest and greatest products that have come out.
Decent Company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I have been working here for 6 months. The company has good culture and promises high commission opportunities. It is a good job for those that are good at sales.
Straight
Sprint corporate (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 31, 2016
Don't work there better off working at car sales, because for how long you work you don't make half as much as what you should in commision
Pros
Free service
Cons
No life
A+ Company
Retail Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 28, 2016
Cellular Sales is a great company. Best part is you don't get micro managed. It is a 100% commission job and takes dedication to succeed. Management is amazing and will help with any question you may have.
Great Career
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 20, 2016
Cellular Sales is more than just a job, it's a career and I look to stay here for a long time to come. One thing I really love about it is the fact that you get out what you put in. You basically are managing your own business here. The leaders of this company are great and they truly care about you and your sucess. They give you access to multiple tools and trainings to improve yourself and are there for you to help you grow. I highly recommend this company to those who want to grow in the industry and as a person.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
N/A
Not what youd expect
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 13, 2016
I worked there for about a year.

The company pays 100% commission.

If a customer doesnt pay there bill in first six months, you get a "disconnect" and the company charges you for the entire retail cost of that phone. Which is more than what you get paid in commission, seems illegal

They do offer great training
Great people to work with, poor advancement opportunities
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nort TexasDecember 12, 2016
Great people to work with, making sure all electronics are in working proper order. the only bad days are no customers. best part of the job is customer service and making sales.
Repetitive job with lots of nasty customers
Sales Associate on a commission based salary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2016
All commission job. Very competitive and can be a tough place to make a living. Co workers are good people but in it for themselves first and foremost.
Great career with huge potential
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 6, 2016
Cellular Sales is overall a fantastic company to work for. Management truly cares and wants to see you succeed personally and professionally. They will do anything they can to help you in this regard. With that being said, this position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt. This industry is constantly changing (new products, promotions, etc) and it is imperative to keep up. As far as compensation, you really get what you put in here. If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded extremely well. In addition, you are able to make your own schedule to an extent, which is great. The hardest part of this job is the mental aspect. With so much going on, it is easy to get overwhelmed at times. Again, you have to push through and stay focused. As a whole, the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.
Pros
Huge earning potential, flexible hours
Fun Place
Wireless Representative/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 1, 2016
This is a 100% Commission place. Its a fun working atmosphere.
The hardest part was angry customers with overage, but I was able to not take it personal. I enjoyed working here. Lots of room for promotions here.
Pros
Fun, Positive place to work
Cons
Angry customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 22, 2016
Handling customer and business account. working everyday on assisting customers with all their needs. This job was commission based and had to work hard to build relationships with customers for return value.
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  East TennesseeNovember 17, 2016
Cellular Sales is a great place to work. Management gives you the freedom to accomplish whatever you want to accomplish. You have the ability to make your own schedule. The working environment is very team oriented and everyone really has eachother's back.
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNNovember 11, 2016
I have only just started my career at Cellular Sales, but it has been a real enjoyment to work here. They actually care about you growing as a person and professionally. Lots of training to get you to where you want to be and the team is always willing to help you in any way possible. In the sales industry you will get what you put into it.
Pros
scheduling, management
Cons
no paid vacation
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2016
100% commission so you get out of it what you put into it. Easy to learn. Very helpful management. As many hours as you desire. Great benefits. Fun environment
Pros
Health care, discounts
Not a fun place to work and no team environmet
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 10, 2016
Preached work life balance, but not when you have to give every customer your personal phone number. Flexible scheduling is a plus, but there is no benefits and full commission even if they tell you get paid $10 an hour. It comes out of your monthly commission check and with 73% of their business not returning to the stores, a good commission check is hard to come by. Customers aren't coming back when they find out that they pay more for their phones coming at Cellular Sales than any other Verizon retailer.It's also brand specific due to LG paying each associate anywhere from $30 to $90 per phone they sale. And if anything goes missing, it comes out of your check!!!
They flat out steal from their employees and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2016
This place is beyond awful. They overcharge every customer and encourage it. The reps will try to steal from you and bback customers so they don't have to share the commission with you. The company charges reps full retail for missing items (not sure how that's legal). They take pride in gloating about how few insurance claims they have. Well yeah because they just charge the reps. It was a good job 6 years ago. It's a scam now.
Pros
Cons
Overcharge customers. Dont get paid for months after starting. Coworkers steal.
Steady work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2016
Steady work day to day shipping and receiving items daily especially during the holidays. Ability to get the job done with time to spare and occasionally receive recognition for your efforts.
Pay for your mistakes
B2B Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Missing accessories, customer deactivated equipment, fellow reps stealing, inaccurate pricing $$$$ out of your pocket. Cellular Sales pays a draw check, against your commissions of $10/hour. After you work 40-50 hours/week and pay for missing accessories and equipment you might see a commissions check of $300/month. Cellular Sales charges more than Verizon does for equipment, all to cushion the pockets of the owners. You must meet new line quotas to "unlock" your pay. Customer loyalty is down, smart people don't trust crooks. Want a vacation? No problem, you are responsible for getting your own shift covered. No such thing as requesting a day off, You won't get it. Oh, and if you don't work, you don't get paid. Deal with it. Over promised, undelivered. Greed has build this market.
Awesome Job for young or single people.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 19, 2016
I overall enjoyed my time at Cellular Sales. It is one hundred percent commission sales job, where the minimum you would get paid is 10.88 and hour. The overall Job is fairly easy to do but hard to master and be great at as it requires a lot of determination. I was somewhere in between on the more determined side. You have to be able to adapt and learn quickly because the communications world is always changing.

It is hard to keep work and life separate as you depend on customers to call you at all times of the day even on days off to get paid. It makes it hard to have a day off or plan time away between getting shifts covered and depending on these calls to make a living, though it can be lucrative.

Compensation is very good if you are willing to work hard. If you are a lazy person you will be closer to the 10.88 an hour. Few benefits, no actual vacation time, you have to get your shifts covered. Does have 401k and health benefits.

I feel like it is hard to get fired since you are full commission, but have seen it happen if one underperforms. Very hard to advance in the company. You will most likely stay where you are at.

Management is super laid back, if you do your job, management lets you do whatever you want for the most part. You do have to attend sales meetings and other meetings that are required without pay periodically. Plus have to drive far to work other stores at times. Sometimes over an hour.

The other people working there are sales people, so they tend to be fun. That was the best part of the job was the people that I worked with were my best friends
  more... for the most part.

Hardest part of the job for me was keeping up with all the changes, everything is always changing.

Most enjoyable was the workforce.
Pros
Fairly easy job with decent pay. Good pay if you work hard.
Cons
Commissions are hard to follow and the job really cuts into your life.
Very caring and understanding company!
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 8, 2016
I started this company very young and the whole time I was training and just getting introduced in the corporate world everyone that I was working were very understanding and helpful. No matter what I'm going through or what I need to get done I know that my co-workers and my directors will be there. I've never seen a more compassionate company than this one. Now just a year later I'm mentoring other new people and getting to teach the new trainee's how we treat our people and our customers. From what this company has taught me and from what I've personally witnessed I'm in no need to ever look for a new job.
Pros
No micro-managing and we get to take breaks when we need to, we don't have to be told.
Cons
employees who weren't originally trained correctly, or who developed bad habits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7