Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Great money and flexible scheduling
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
You almost feel like an Independent Contractor working for this company, being that you can basically make your own schedule as you go. This company does a great job in the sales compensation department, but they do not offer any benefits, outside of 50% off the mobile bill. The more you work, the more you make, which is ideal for a hungry salesman.
This was once a great place...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDJune 20, 2017
This employer is a great employer if they pay you right, but over the past years working here I have seen money missing in checks, and company stealing from their employees every chance they get!
Pros
money when right
Cons
if you don't mind forcing customers into products, and companies stealing your money then work here. If you pride your family, life and that balance and respect don't work here, this is becoming a terrible place to work, Income from last year is 50% higher from this year
Great environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 9, 2017
Cellular Sales is a very well paid commission job. I have been with Cellular Sales for over 3 years and the experience has been great. I started working for Cellular Sales in 2014 and with hard work and determination, I have been promoted 3 times so far. Every one here is friendly which adds to a great environment that's stress free. Management is also great and they do acknowledge your work. There is room to move up in this company and management ensures that employees that deserve promotions receive them.

I recommend any one that is enthusiastic and wants to work in an environment that will acknowledge their work apply.
I love this company!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 8, 2017
This place is great. Upper and mid management are amazing and are connected with the staff. Pay is based off of ability. We all get the same chance but if you are a highly skilled sales rep then you will come out the gate swinging. If you aren't highly skilled then management will help you! I've worked a lot of sales jobs and have not seen this structure before. Welcome to your dream career.
Pros
High income and uncapped commissions
Cons
Decent amount of driving? Not really that bad.
ee
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 8, 2017
it was a good place to work for. i had a lot of fun and enjoyed the memories i have with cellular sales. the atmosphere and culture is top-notch, too.
Terrible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NCJune 1, 2017
If you are in management, you have to cover tons of shifts. 100% commission means if it is slow, you don't make any money. Loyalty is not rewarded. No room for advancement. don't work here if you have a soul because they want you to lie and be a high pressure salesman.
Pros
Not many, can trade shifts, no commission caps
Cons
Management is terrible, no loyalty, don't move into management if you want time with your family, when it is slow you don't make any money, locked out every opportunity
Professional setting with room to grow
Sales Associate/New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 29, 2017
A great support staff that helps with associates day to day operations. There is a lot of flexablity with how you want to work.You can meet the standards of the job and coast or you can push yourself and create and great life for you and your family.The management is mostly cohesive and across the board.There is a feeling of a lack of communication at times but we usually take it upon ourselves as consultants to make things work regardless.I love being able to help people whether it is a coworker or a customers who isn't quite sure of an issue they are having.I have learned to go out of my comfort zone to be able to better understand how to get a product sold to a customer who doesn't come out asking for the product the company wants sold.
Pros
Flexible work environment and high commission payout
Cons
lack of cohesion with management, and constantly changing of goals to get correct commission payout
Typical day
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 28, 2017
The wireless industry is very fast-paced. I constantly had customers calling my cell phone, the work phone, or come in the store at all times during work.
No opinion
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
This company at one time was a very good company to work for but since a leadership change it has gone downhill. High turnover, poor morale and very little chance to advance helped make my decision to leave.
Well paid and great teammates
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMay 19, 2017
Great place to work. Highest commissions in the wireless industries. Team mates are awesome. Always fun to meet new people every day and more likely than not they remember and return to you. Would recommend this to anyone!!!
Pros
great team mates, awesome management crew, Amazing commisons
Cons
Customers can be difficult at times
Productive and Fun place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2017
You have to be a self-starter in this company to get noticed. Benefits are basic (does not include paid vacation, family allowances, education reimbursement, or extra money to cover for child care like some companies do).

Staff is always really nice and love to get together on team outings.
Cons
no hourly compensation/straight commission
Fun place to work with many benefits
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2017
The Eastern Pennsylvania market of Cellular Sales is an excellent opportunity for those looking to make a career in sales. The environment is ever changing so it's difficult to get bored and complacent. Our customers are some of the best people I've ever met and it feels great to serve them. Management always has your back and is receptive. The scheduling is flexible so maintaining a work/life balance is a breeze. The pay structure works incredibly well, you get rewarded for the work you do.
Pros
fun enviornment, flexible schedule, great management, room for growth
Great for Single Mom's and Parents in general!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2017
I make my own schedule every week and just come in to make calls and leave when I please. It works great with my family so we don't have to put my daughter in daycare! They give insane amounts of vacation and sick leave. It's a really cool job with a great atmosphere!
Pros
Catering, company gym, personal trainers, discounts on plans, and awesome coworkers
Cons
No over time allotment
You get what you put in. Bottom line!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  South Eastern PAMay 11, 2017
I see a lot of reviews both good and bad about almost every company on all of these sites. I must say, like with any job you get what you put into it. 100% commission means that you have to do the work. Like with any sales job, the sales process is the same. Cellular Sales leads the cellular industry in commissions, training and overall care for the staff. If you come in, sit and wait for walk-ins and make no attempt to generate sales then you're simply a clerk. You may as well work in a food court somewhere. Cellular Sales trains us to be "outside sales reps in a retail environment." This means the possibilities are endless. If you're a go-get-em type of person, its easy to make the calls and setup appointments, go to events to sell remotely/out of store anywhere you'd like and work as a team in store to maximize sales. Good benefits package of medical, 401K & dental.

The training is there...
The opportunities are there...
The money is there...

Sales 101: A customer with a "problem" or "just a question" is a customer in the future. Customer service is as important to the sales process as the sale itself. With future sales and a motivated attitude in mind your future with Cellular Sales is sealed.
Pros
Good benefits, Great Opportunities & Family Like Atmosphere
Cons
There's not a Keureg at every location
Fast paced and great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
Cellular Sales has been great for me. The training was thorough, and took 3 weeks. On the sales floor everyone was eager to help, and all worked as a team. Was able to make great money. I am able to have a decent work life balance (retail hours). All in all I have had a great experience at Cellular Sales.
Pros
work life balance, great commissions, great environment, fast paced, and competition driven.
Cons
retail hours, and management needs to listen to front line reps.
Great Place to Work
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
The Eastern Pennsylvania/Philadelphia market of Cellular Sales is a great place to work. There is a lot of employee development and a ton of focus on being successful. Being that the sales positions are are commissioned, that development helps when you get your paycheck. The regional management are some of the best guys you'll ever know!
Very stressful,
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 10, 2017
Job security not common. Compensation diminishing quickly. Sales environment not positive. The company is not what it was just 5 years ago. Be cautious on any outside sales role with this company.
Very fast paced
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 9, 2017
Loved working until management changed and they continued to disappoint multiple co-workers . Hours were fine however they could have been improved. Would not recommend working in the North Carolina area with this company!
This wasn't a great experience.
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jennings, LAMay 5, 2017
They pay better in terms of commissions than any other sales company I've ever worked for. The negatives revolve around the culture there. They have a system that does not allow for any real time off. Also, they micro-manage worse than any company I've ever worked for. Also, they tell you to expect a certain minimum income but most reps are not making that.
Commission Only
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 3, 2017
Cellular Sales is a very flexible company. You can trade shifts around where you work however much or less that you want. However, this is commission only. So, If you don't sell, you don't get paid.
Pros
Flexible Hours, no Micromanagement
Cons
Unpaid required meetings that can last up to 5 hours, Required traveling with no milage pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7