Cellular Sales Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced, retail environment, with best in industry commission structure
Mentor/Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Central Florida MarketJuly 25, 2016
Typical day is management of inventory daily to ensure proper stock. Co-workers are mostly in their 20's, so there is alot of immaturity at times. Hardest part of the job is teaching new hires and mentoring to Cellular Sales expecation levels
Pros
Control of my compensation. Great products and services.
I dont reccomend this place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  St joe mo, independence, north oakJuly 24, 2016
They have WAY to many people on teams making it hard to make a living.
Everything they did was for the company never the sales people.
They pay well but if someone doesn't live up to their contract you have to pay for it.
No one tells the new people how bad this can be.
You get your first comm check in the 3rd month you are there but you've already used it all getting draws just trying to survive. So its really like 5 or 6 months before you get a meaningful check
Pros
They pay well but watch out for all tbe free things you HAVE to do
Cons
Horrible management at local level, They try to tell yoh that you are paid hourly, but it comez out of your commission so you pay yourself.
My best experience in wireless
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
Cellular Sales has been awesome so far. I worked for multiple retailers and corporate wireless companies but, went to Cellular Sales for the pay, the hours l, and the culture.
Every month there is a dinner, a contest, a celebration of some kind. Once a quarter there are team events like Columbus Crew games, or fine dining dinners. We just simply have a lot of fun.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great culture, flexible hours, really nice stores, busy stores
Cons
Retail customers, lots of vacation time available but its often unpaid
commision incentives were horrible
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2016
management and the way they handled things was ok. training was adequate. but employees never got a chance to really make large commission sales because of structure.
Commission Sales Work Life Balance old school sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2016
Money is good no matter the economy. Scheduling works well with work life balance. Company seems to grow and develop more programs that help their employees excel in their career. This company also focuses on staying ahead of the technology curve.

Taking time off hurts. Especially if you want to make money. Typical drive to work each day is over 30 minutes.
Pros
No Micro Management. Schedule Gets Flexible after the first couple months. Income is very good.
Cons
Have to work and work hard. Not for the laid back. Rejection becomes a daily thing.
A big fat nope
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 14, 2016
While I enjoyed learning a new skill and field, it is 100% commission, people tell you they'll help you but then complain when you ask questions, and they talk about you behind your back. Management really only cared about themselves and in my opinion, discriminated against some of the employees there. I chose not to stay there and deal with the nonsense.
Pros
Cons
Short to no breaks at all, having to drive all over the state almost with no reimbursement
Misleading and unethical company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2016
I gave 2+ years of my life to this company. The problem is the management is a joke. They preach customer service but actually could care less. Money is all that matters to this company. They will flood the sales floor with reps. If you have any morals at all don't apply for this job. I was encouraged to raise prices higher then msrp to make more profit. They appoint reps to team lead who have no leadership skills and who will step on anyone to move up. You will never see upper management unless they come to ask why you aren't selling more. Your pay will never add up to what you thought you made. They nickel and dime their own employee's to avoid any liability. Any items that go missing will be changed to you. Most items that go Missing are from other reps. I lived in the community that I worked in and morally could not screw over my friends or neighbors and that is why I no longer work there.
Pros
High turn over so you get to meet new people
Cons
Too many to list!
Excellent opportunity if you don't mind a lot of driving
Mobile Technology Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2016
Cellular Sales has 11 stores in the Jacksonville market from Macclenny, FL to St. Mary's, GA and we work at all of them on a rotating schedule. You'll definitely want to stay on top of your vehicle's maintenance schedule. The job has the most freedom of any I've ever held and the earning potential is phenomenal. We have reps earning from $4k up to $10k+ per month. It is absolutely a get-what-you-give kind of job, so the people making $10k are also working 6 to 7 days a week, 7 to 10 hours per shift, and on every single holiday. Hence, the two stars on the work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is finding the best way to handle customer service. This job is 100% commission, so customer service (explaining a bill, fixing a phone, activating an old phone and transferring content, fulfilling insurance claims, etc.) is work done for free. Some reps turn these customers away looking to get to the next walk in, which drives return business down. Some reps lose an hour and a half providing excellent service to these customers with no compensation for their effort in the hope that the customer will contact that particular rep when they're ready to buy. That can be iffy at best. The commission structure once compensated for that, but the management has since taken away a large majority of the share. So, one sale could net you $400 for the day, while your coworker gets $20 because he spent an hour explaining to an older customer how email works. That rep may get return business for providing that service, but only if he/she rigorously follows up with the customer.  more... The best reps, while handling the primary need, will seek out opportunities on the customer's account, ask the right questions, and pull a sale out of the situation. It can be difficult depending on the situation, but no at all impossible. All in all, if you don't mind the hours and the driving, Cellular Sales is a great place to work.  less
Pros
Freedom, high earning potential
Cons
Hours, drive time
Worked directly with people day in and day out.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  KingstonJune 24, 2016
Was able to learn how to lead a team of sales professionals effectively. loved all of my coworkers and enjoyed the act of hard selling to people.
Pros
team outings, Training.
Cons
no paid vacation time, no sick days, not enough compensation
Run, don't walk run from this job
Customers Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJune 19, 2016
notice that every positive on here comes from people working here? Here's the truth, if you can lie to customers and literally steal their money then this job is for you. If you are honest then don't even start working here. If you sell a customer an iPhone you get $50 commission to share with everyone working. If that customer turns that phone off or can't afford the notes and it gets disconnected YOU and only YOU will get charged $750. So let's add that up. 5 people working and you sell an iPhone, you each make $10. 5 months from now it gets turned off, YOU AND ONLY YOU get a chargeback of $750 out of one check. I was the leader 8 out of 12 months I worked there and my best check was $1,000 for a month.
Pros
Nothing RUN FAST, RUN HARD
Cons
EVERYTHING
Awesome company
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Affton, MOJune 9, 2016
Awesome company with great opportunities in the wireless industry! I would highly recommend Cellular Sales to anyone looking to grow as a sales professional in the wireless industry!
Great place to work!
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Very employee oriented company that takes care of it's people and rewards performance. Highly recommend this company for any future applicants.
Horrible
Cellular Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 6, 2016
If your still living with your parents and don't need money , this is a good place to work.I worked for this company for about 6 months. When hired they don't tell you that they aren't paying you for three months. You will get a 1200 draw as long as your numbers are good.
Wanna be broke for three months , sign up. Then after you've starved just trying to make ends meet and work from open to close everyday so your first few paychecks are good, theyll fire you because one ,your working to much or your making to much money. That's right, first company I ever worked for that I got let go for doing my job. Then they will hold 1000 dollars out of your last paycheck to cover the future disconnects and will tell you, that's just in case. Oh yea and they also will tell you, don't call or customer trying to get the equipment back so they can release that 1000 dollars. If you take this job, have a lawyer on stand by, your going to need him.
This is just skimming the laundry list of horrible complaints and bad practices by Cellular Sales.
Pros
Cons
Excessive charge backs, Lying, lying to customers, holding employees accoutable for items lost, taking your last paycheck from you
Not specatcular experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2016
Very political, not friendly to outsiders. Very white male dominated and good old boy mentality.
Bid for shifts, independent contractor but had to work shifts they gave you.
Very cut throat, no loyalty
Would charge back the contractors 100% of commissions and equipment cost even though Cellular sales didn't pay you that amount. They had zero liability
Pros
I'm not there anymore
Cons
No advancements
Mislead from the beginning
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 30, 2016
Don't be fooled, this is a commission based job, you might as well be a car salesman. No hourly gaurentee, your "hourly rate" is a draw which will come out of your commission checks. When you take this job, be prepared to not get a paycheck for about 6 weeks.
Be prepared to bring your own customers too because there aren't enough customers coming in the door that don't already have a sales person there. Also there is no store manager, they look at it as everyone is their own boss and you have a leader. Doesn't work so well because nobody cares about the store appearance or how situations get handled. Everyone is there for themselves. Not a great experience at all.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Strictly commission
Cellularsales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2016
This company was tough to work for because there lack of not paying employees right on payday. Things always was missing accessory, so they punish everyone by taking it from there paycheck.
great place to work
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2016
amazing work environment. fun and fast paced. customer and employees are both treated fairly.

learned alot in my time there and have since utilized that knowledge and experience many times over.
Pros
work varies from day to day
Cons
lots of driving
Great people horrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2016
They are supposed to be high tech company but nothing ever works.
Computers, Verizon programs, internet, nothing ever works
Pros
People
Cons
Technology
100% commission, great and terrible
Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
Hard to budget month-to-month because 100% commission.
Management wanted the best for every employee, they wanted you to make money, because that's how they did.
Could easily give or pick up shifts as needed.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
100% commission
was not a fun job
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2016
this job required labor and that;s not the problem but the respect for us was not there and people looked down on us and things were out of order

2.5