Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

No opinion
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
This company at one time was a very good company to work for but since a leadership change it has gone downhill. High turnover, poor morale and very little chance to advance helped make my decision to leave.
Well paid and great teammates
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMay 19, 2017
Great place to work. Highest commissions in the wireless industries. Team mates are awesome. Always fun to meet new people every day and more likely than not they remember and return to you. Would recommend this to anyone!!!
Pros
great team mates, awesome management crew, Amazing commisons
Cons
Customers can be difficult at times
Productive and Fun place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2017
You have to be a self-starter in this company to get noticed. Benefits are basic (does not include paid vacation, family allowances, education reimbursement, or extra money to cover for child care like some companies do).

Staff is always really nice and love to get together on team outings.
Cons
no hourly compensation/straight commission
Fun place to work with many benefits
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2017
The Eastern Pennsylvania market of Cellular Sales is an excellent opportunity for those looking to make a career in sales. The environment is ever changing so it's difficult to get bored and complacent. Our customers are some of the best people I've ever met and it feels great to serve them. Management always has your back and is receptive. The scheduling is flexible so maintaining a work/life balance is a breeze. The pay structure works incredibly well, you get rewarded for the work you do.
Pros
fun enviornment, flexible schedule, great management, room for growth
Great for Single Mom's and Parents in general!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 11, 2017
I make my own schedule every week and just come in to make calls and leave when I please. It works great with my family so we don't have to put my daughter in daycare! They give insane amounts of vacation and sick leave. It's a really cool job with a great atmosphere!
Pros
Catering, company gym, personal trainers, discounts on plans, and awesome coworkers
Cons
No over time allotment
You get what you put in. Bottom line!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  South Eastern PAMay 11, 2017
I see a lot of reviews both good and bad about almost every company on all of these sites. I must say, like with any job you get what you put into it. 100% commission means that you have to do the work. Like with any sales job, the sales process is the same. Cellular Sales leads the cellular industry in commissions, training and overall care for the staff. If you come in, sit and wait for walk-ins and make no attempt to generate sales then you're simply a clerk. You may as well work in a food court somewhere. Cellular Sales trains us to be "outside sales reps in a retail environment." This means the possibilities are endless. If you're a go-get-em type of person, its easy to make the calls and setup appointments, go to events to sell remotely/out of store anywhere you'd like and work as a team in store to maximize sales. Good benefits package of medical, 401K & dental.

The training is there...
The opportunities are there...
The money is there...

Sales 101: A customer with a "problem" or "just a question" is a customer in the future. Customer service is as important to the sales process as the sale itself. With future sales and a motivated attitude in mind your future with Cellular Sales is sealed.
Pros
Good benefits, Great Opportunities & Family Like Atmosphere
Cons
There's not a Keureg at every location
Fast paced and great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
Cellular Sales has been great for me. The training was thorough, and took 3 weeks. On the sales floor everyone was eager to help, and all worked as a team. Was able to make great money. I am able to have a decent work life balance (retail hours). All in all I have had a great experience at Cellular Sales.
Pros
work life balance, great commissions, great environment, fast paced, and competition driven.
Cons
retail hours, and management needs to listen to front line reps.
Great Place to Work
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 11, 2017
The Eastern Pennsylvania/Philadelphia market of Cellular Sales is a great place to work. There is a lot of employee development and a ton of focus on being successful. Being that the sales positions are are commissioned, that development helps when you get your paycheck. The regional management are some of the best guys you'll ever know!
Very stressful,
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 10, 2017
Job security not common. Compensation diminishing quickly. Sales environment not positive. The company is not what it was just 5 years ago. Be cautious on any outside sales role with this company.
Very fast paced
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 9, 2017
Loved working until management changed and they continued to disappoint multiple co-workers . Hours were fine however they could have been improved. Would not recommend working in the North Carolina area with this company!
This wasn't a great experience.
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jennings, LAMay 5, 2017
They pay better in terms of commissions than any other sales company I've ever worked for. The negatives revolve around the culture there. They have a system that does not allow for any real time off. Also, they micro-manage worse than any company I've ever worked for. Also, they tell you to expect a certain minimum income but most reps are not making that.
Job Hunter Beware!!
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 5, 2017
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They will lie to you to get you on board and "buy in" to their beliefs. The RDs are greedy, poorly run company. I have learned what not to do with a company and how not to treat my employees. Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day. Hardest part is getting new lines.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
the pay
Commission Only
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 3, 2017
Cellular Sales is a very flexible company. You can trade shifts around where you work however much or less that you want. However, this is commission only. So, If you don't sell, you don't get paid.
Pros
Flexible Hours, no Micromanagement
Cons
Unpaid required meetings that can last up to 5 hours, Required traveling with no milage pay.
very competitive
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 27, 2017
great job love the culture regular standard 40 hours. very competitive, you can makes a lot of money, customer service is BIG also making relationships with your customers.
Pros
Comission
Cons
Draw checks
Fast pace & rewarding.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clinton MOApril 27, 2017
Cellular Sales is a great place for an ambitious person to be able to set goals, and receive the coaching and encouragement needed to exceed them. It is a fast pace work environment. Best suited for someone that is self driven. The commission structure is generous for those who are determined and willing to work hard.
Pros
No cap on commission
Cons
If you are not self driven you will not succeed
quick paced environemnt
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 26, 2017
i like working here but I wanted something more stable. I'm interetsed in a position in a hospital setting or doctors office. I want to further my education and i dont know if i can here.
No work life balance
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Crofton, MDApril 26, 2017
Pressure from management to work on your day off, high turnover rate. Good for someone who does not have children and doesn't mind driving to a different store within a 35 miles radius everyday.
Well every job and person is different.
Cellular Sales (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAApril 26, 2017
The company is large but unless your part of the in croud good luck. There is large up side but very deep down side when its SLOW its SLOW. Don't come here with out a cushion its tough to get going.
Pros
Drink the kool aid
Cons
Lacks drive from the company
Great place to start in sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 24, 2017
Hard to compare to the actual Verizon company. The organization was always good to me, but didn't allow for much growth. With each market being individually ran and operated there was definately some disparity around how things were ran and operated in the tri-cities market. Not a ton of quality leadership or sales teammates. Great place to learn the retail market and customer service skills.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Retail Hours / Career Growth
Great Job with flexible schedule
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCApril 24, 2017
Cellular Sales is a great position for somebody who needs flexible hours as you can normally create your own schedule. However, it is only a great income if you have plenty of your own clientele. Management and Directors don't provide much help to those who are new to the stores.
Pros
Great insurance however it is expensive
Cons
Not paid hourly, commission only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7