Cellular Sales Employee Reviews in United States

Worked directly with people day in and day out.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  KingstonJune 24, 2016
Was able to learn how to lead a team of sales professionals effectively. loved all of my coworkers and enjoyed the act of hard selling to people.
Pros
team outings, Training.
Cons
no paid vacation time, no sick days, not enough compensation
Run, don't walk run from this job
Customers Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJune 19, 2016
notice that every positive on here comes from people working here? Here's the truth, if you can lie to customers and literally steal their money then this job is for you. If you are honest then don't even start working here. If you sell a customer an iPhone you get $50 commission to share with everyone working. If that customer turns that phone off or can't afford the notes and it gets disconnected YOU and only YOU will get charged $750. So let's add that up. 5 people working and you sell an iPhone, you each make $10. 5 months from now it gets turned off, YOU AND ONLY YOU get a chargeback of $750 out of one check. I was the leader 8 out of 12 months I worked there and my best check was $1,000 for a month.
Pros
Nothing RUN FAST, RUN HARD
Cons
EVERYTHING
Awesome company
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Affton, MOJune 9, 2016
Awesome company with great opportunities in the wireless industry! I would highly recommend Cellular Sales to anyone looking to grow as a sales professional in the wireless industry!
Great place to work!
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Very employee oriented company that takes care of it's people and rewards performance. Highly recommend this company for any future applicants.
Horrible
Cellular Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 6, 2016
If your still living with your parents and don't need money , this is a good place to work.I worked for this company for about 6 months. When hired they don't tell you that they aren't paying you for three months. You will get a 1200 draw as long as your numbers are good.
Wanna be broke for three months , sign up. Then after you've starved just trying to make ends meet and work from open to close everyday so your first few paychecks are good, theyll fire you because one ,your working to much or your making to much money. That's right, first company I ever worked for that I got let go for doing my job. Then they will hold 1000 dollars out of your last paycheck to cover the future disconnects and will tell you, that's just in case. Oh yea and they also will tell you, don't call or customer trying to get the equipment back so they can release that 1000 dollars. If you take this job, have a lawyer on stand by, your going to need him.
This is just skimming the laundry list of horrible complaints and bad practices by Cellular Sales.
Pros
Cons
Excessive charge backs, Lying, lying to customers, holding employees accoutable for items lost, taking your last paycheck from you
Not specatcular experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2016
Very political, not friendly to outsiders. Very white male dominated and good old boy mentality.
Bid for shifts, independent contractor but had to work shifts they gave you.
Very cut throat, no loyalty
Would charge back the contractors 100% of commissions and equipment cost even though Cellular sales didn't pay you that amount. They had zero liability
Pros
I'm not there anymore
Cons
No advancements
Mislead from the beginning
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 30, 2016
Don't be fooled, this is a commission based job, you might as well be a car salesman. No hourly gaurentee, your "hourly rate" is a draw which will come out of your commission checks. When you take this job, be prepared to not get a paycheck for about 6 weeks.
Be prepared to bring your own customers too because there aren't enough customers coming in the door that don't already have a sales person there. Also there is no store manager, they look at it as everyone is their own boss and you have a leader. Doesn't work so well because nobody cares about the store appearance or how situations get handled. Everyone is there for themselves. Not a great experience at all.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Strictly commission
Cellularsales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2016
This company was tough to work for because there lack of not paying employees right on payday. Things always was missing accessory, so they punish everyone by taking it from there paycheck.
great place to work
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 17, 2016
amazing work environment. fun and fast paced. customer and employees are both treated fairly.

learned alot in my time there and have since utilized that knowledge and experience many times over.
Pros
work varies from day to day
Cons
lots of driving
Great people horrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2016
They are supposed to be high tech company but nothing ever works.
Computers, Verizon programs, internet, nothing ever works
Pros
People
Cons
Technology
100% commission, great and terrible
Regional Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
Hard to budget month-to-month because 100% commission.
Management wanted the best for every employee, they wanted you to make money, because that's how they did.
Could easily give or pick up shifts as needed.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
100% commission
was not a fun job
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2016
this job required labor and that;s not the problem but the respect for us was not there and people looked down on us and things were out of order
Great Pay and Flexible Hours
Sales Representative/Market Accessories Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2016
100% commission and flexible hours allows you to make as much money as you want.
Work with like minded individuals that encourages a competitive sales and customer service environment.
Pros
Compensation
Benefits
Good Money
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2016
This Job could be the best or worst job you have ever had. It takes a unique sales drive, and a unique ability to want to make money. No Vacation time, No sick leave. No benefits that come with other larger companies. You do get 401k after first 1year, and insurance after 90days
Pros
money
Cons
will take advantage, no vacation or sick
Success and Handwork
Account Manager/ Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2016
I would give 4 star review for the overall rating. This company has many pros with some cons. Time management and staying active while at work is crucial in being successful at Cellular Sales. A direct result of hard work and a positive attitude will provide great benefits and commissions. One problem that I do see with the company is no room for advancement. I want to strive to become better everyday where I can advance and grow with the company, and I do not see that with this company. A lot of drastic changes have been made within the past four months.
Pros
Great Environment & Culture
Cons
Constant changing from management
Descent place to work for. Great for college graduates
Wireless Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 1, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years. It started out to be pretty good but pay structure changed several times while I was there. Benefits are not that great. Pretty expensive health coverage plan for a family. The commission structure has changed a lot. The shared commission structure not as good as once was. Spiffs are only fully paid once you hit new activation goals. If you do not hit you new activation goals you definitely do not make what is on the boards. Pay could get cut in half depending on the phones you are selling if you do not hit goals. Also this company loves to push LG products. They get a huge spiff on commissions for doing so. This company loves LG, so you better sell LG if you want to make top$$$. Other phone like apple and Samsung do not pay you as much. Just be wary and careful in your selection process. This is a good company to start if you are a college graduate. This is also a 100% commission job.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Pay structure. This is a 100%commission job.
Experience while at Cellular Sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 28, 2016
While I was an employee at Cellular Sales, I must say that the financial aspect was absolutely amazing. I was bringing in 55,000 a year as a sales consultant and a mentor for the company.

When I was at work, it was generally busy depending on location and day of the week, When I arrived to work, I would usually clock in and then begin to do inventory. Once inventory was finished, I then proceeded to place the demo phones on their display and set up our work stations for the upcoming customers. Once the store is open , we would greet every customer with a smile and handle any issue that they had. On a busy day, I would sell five phones, eight accessories, and insurance on every phone.

In my opinion, our management team could have definitely used some improvements. I feel that there is favoritism in the company when it comes to that aspect of the job.
Terrible work culture and virtually no constructive management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 16, 2016
Terrible culture, constant negativity from most employees, although most of the people working there are good people. Just no one's happy there. Company changes rules as they go to benefit them and make it harder for reps to make money. Reps are charged out FULL RETAIL price on "missing" items that occur during their shift. Too many reps on shift at once meaning most just don't talk to enough customers to make commission only. Store internet constantly goes down making sales that much harder to complete. Management well aware but never fixes issues. Ask a manager a question and get a different answer each time. But if you're selling a lot then different rules apply to you and certain rules don't apply at all!
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Terrible work culture
Laid back fun family environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 10, 2016
I really have enjoyed my time here because there is no micro managements, you literally work on your own and make your own schedule. Very flexible and fun job however your are responsible for everything you do and can be charged for your mistakes. Family and fun environment. Also very divided when it comes to income; some reps will make over 7k a month while others struggle making under 2k a month. They do need a better structure to make it easier for people to get good shifts where they have a chance to make a sufficient amount as well.
Pros
Make your own schedule, benefits, no micro management
Cons
100% commission, responsible for everything and can be charged for missing items or mistakes made.
No Respect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 10, 2016
Management has no respect unless you are a top earner. They sell on the idea of no micromanaging and are true to that promise. Don't take a job here unless you are very good and self teaching, motivation, etc. There is little support that isn't laced with disdain.
Pros
earning potential
Cons
outside sales disguised as inside sales