Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Great career with huge potential
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 6, 2016
Cellular Sales is overall a fantastic company to work for. Management truly cares and wants to see you succeed personally and professionally. They will do anything they can to help you in this regard. With that being said, this position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt. This industry is constantly changing (new products, promotions, etc) and it is imperative to keep up. As far as compensation, you really get what you put in here. If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded extremely well. In addition, you are able to make your own schedule to an extent, which is great. The hardest part of this job is the mental aspect. With so much going on, it is easy to get overwhelmed at times. Again, you have to push through and stay focused. As a whole, the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.
Pros
Huge earning potential, flexible hours
Not a fun place to work and no team environmet
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 10, 2016
Preached work life balance, but not when you have to give every customer your personal phone number. Flexible scheduling is a plus, but there is no benefits and full commission even if they tell you get paid $10 an hour. It comes out of your monthly commission check and with 73% of their business not returning to the stores, a good commission check is hard to come by. Customers aren't coming back when they find out that they pay more for their phones coming at Cellular Sales than any other Verizon retailer.It's also brand specific due to LG paying each associate anywhere from $30 to $90 per phone they sale. And if anything goes missing, it comes out of your check!!!
Misleading and unethical company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 7, 2016
I gave 2+ years of my life to this company. The problem is the management is a joke. They preach customer service but actually could care less. Money is all that matters to this company. They will flood the sales floor with reps. If you have any morals at all don't apply for this job. I was encouraged to raise prices higher then msrp to make more profit. They appoint reps to team lead who have no leadership skills and who will step on anyone to move up. You will never see upper management unless they come to ask why you aren't selling more. Your pay will never add up to what you thought you made. They nickel and dime their own employee's to avoid any liability. Any items that go missing will be changed to you. Most items that go Missing are from other reps. I lived in the community that I worked in and morally could not screw over my friends or neighbors and that is why I no longer work there.
Pros
High turn over so you get to meet new people
Cons
Too many to list!
Cellular Sales Review
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCAugust 9, 2016
It's a commissioned based authorized retailer. There is no team atmosphere though it's presented through the fa├žade and promise of making big money which is not concrete with the decrease and fluctuation of sales in its respective industry with no concrete foundation and benefits. There is no real direct managerial support. The immediate administrative set up is selfish and unyielding in training and helping others grow.
Cons
management and administration
My best experience in wireless
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2016
Cellular Sales has been awesome so far. I worked for multiple retailers and corporate wireless companies but, went to Cellular Sales for the pay, the hours l, and the culture.
Every month there is a dinner, a contest, a celebration of some kind. Once a quarter there are team events like Columbus Crew games, or fine dining dinners. We just simply have a lot of fun.
Pros
Excellent compensation, great culture, flexible hours, really nice stores, busy stores
Cons
Retail customers, lots of vacation time available but its often unpaid
Great Oppotunity!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2016
starting a career with Cellular Sales is one of the best decisions I've made in my life! It isn't the easiest job in the world, but that's what I like about it! It is helping me grow and learn new things. While it can be challenging as a salesman, getting better is very rewarding! and the mentors I've had here help me improve everyday! I hope to continue my career here and advance shortly...
Pros
great benefits, consistent hourly pay.
Cons
can't think of anything major
Success and Handwork
Account Manager/ Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 5, 2016
I would give 4 star review for the overall rating. This company has many pros with some cons. Time management and staying active while at work is crucial in being successful at Cellular Sales. A direct result of hard work and a positive attitude will provide great benefits and commissions. One problem that I do see with the company is no room for advancement. I want to strive to become better everyday where I can advance and grow with the company, and I do not see that with this company. A lot of drastic changes have been made within the past four months.
Pros
Great Environment & Culture
Cons
Constant changing from management
Fast paced, retail environment, with best in industry commission structure
Mentor/Store Lead (Current Employee) –  Central Florida MarketJuly 25, 2016
Typical day is management of inventory daily to ensure proper stock. Co-workers are mostly in their 20's, so there is alot of immaturity at times. Hardest part of the job is teaching new hires and mentoring to Cellular Sales expecation levels
Pros
Control of my compensation. Great products and services.
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2016
100% commission so you get out of it what you put into it. Easy to learn. Very helpful management. As many hours as you desire. Great benefits. Fun environment
Pros
Health care, discounts
Descent place to work for. Great for college graduates
Wireless Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 1, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years. It started out to be pretty good but pay structure changed several times while I was there. Benefits are not that great. Pretty expensive health coverage plan for a family. The commission structure has changed a lot. The shared commission structure not as good as once was. Spiffs are only fully paid once you hit new activation goals. If you do not hit you new activation goals you definitely do not make what is on the boards. Pay could get cut in half depending on the phones you are selling if you do not hit goals. Also this company loves to push LG products. They get a huge spiff on commissions for doing so. This company loves LG, so you better sell LG if you want to make top$$$. Other phone like apple and Samsung do not pay you as much. Just be wary and careful in your selection process. This is a good company to start if you are a college graduate. This is also a 100% commission job.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Pay structure. This is a 100%commission job.
Laid back fun family environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 10, 2016
I really have enjoyed my time here because there is no micro managements, you literally work on your own and make your own schedule. Very flexible and fun job however your are responsible for everything you do and can be charged for your mistakes. Family and fun environment. Also very divided when it comes to income; some reps will make over 7k a month while others struggle making under 2k a month. They do need a better structure to make it easier for people to get good shifts where they have a chance to make a sufficient amount as well.
Pros
Make your own schedule, benefits, no micro management
Cons
100% commission, responsible for everything and can be charged for missing items or mistakes made.
Commission Sales Work Life Balance old school sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 15, 2016
Money is good no matter the economy. Scheduling works well with work life balance. Company seems to grow and develop more programs that help their employees excel in their career. This company also focuses on staying ahead of the technology curve.

Taking time off hurts. Especially if you want to make money. Typical drive to work each day is over 30 minutes.
Pros
No Micro Management. Schedule Gets Flexible after the first couple months. Income is very good.
Cons
Have to work and work hard. Not for the laid back. Rejection becomes a daily thing.
Awesome place to work, but you gotta put in the effort
Wireless Expert (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 5, 2016
If you're in sales, you already know. Work smarter, or work harder. Either way, you'll make a living.

Cellular Sales is just that. You'll need to make the effort either way, but it takes effort to do anything in life.

The Company culture is amazing here. I love and care about just about every person I've met within the company so far. There's always a bad apple here and there, but ignore them and you'll love it here.

The training is awesome, the company wont leave you without the knowledge required to be successful. Advancement is simple, simply improve yourself, gain knowledge, and do it consistently, and you'll advance. It is a merit based system, not a seniority based promotion.

Income is a lot better than I expected. Who would have thought I'd make the same amount or more, selling cellphones rather than cars.

If you're in the car business now, and are looking for a change, DO IT NOW!!! Best decision I ever made. I was in the car business for nearly a decade.
Pros
Awesome environment, great pay, frequent rewards, Team selling
Cons
Slow start up, A lot of effort in the first few months
Awesome Job for young or single people.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 19, 2016
I overall enjoyed my time at Cellular Sales. It is one hundred percent commission sales job, where the minimum you would get paid is 10.88 and hour. The overall Job is fairly easy to do but hard to master and be great at as it requires a lot of determination. I was somewhere in between on the more determined side. You have to be able to adapt and learn quickly because the communications world is always changing.

It is hard to keep work and life separate as you depend on customers to call you at all times of the day even on days off to get paid. It makes it hard to have a day off or plan time away between getting shifts covered and depending on these calls to make a living, though it can be lucrative.

Compensation is very good if you are willing to work hard. If you are a lazy person you will be closer to the 10.88 an hour. Few benefits, no actual vacation time, you have to get your shifts covered. Does have 401k and health benefits.

I feel like it is hard to get fired since you are full commission, but have seen it happen if one underperforms. Very hard to advance in the company. You will most likely stay where you are at.

Management is super laid back, if you do your job, management lets you do whatever you want for the most part. You do have to attend sales meetings and other meetings that are required without pay periodically. Plus have to drive far to work other stores at times. Sometimes over an hour.

The other people working there are sales people, so they tend to be fun. That was the best part of the job was the people that I worked with were my best friends
  more... for the most part.

Hardest part of the job for me was keeping up with all the changes, everything is always changing.

Most enjoyable was the workforce.
Pros
Fairly easy job with decent pay. Good pay if you work hard.
Cons
Commissions are hard to follow and the job really cuts into your life.
Job insight-Cellular Sales Verizon
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNAugust 24, 2016
This job is commission based sales. If you have never experienced this type of work before, it can be a real eye opener. Hard work, ability to provide good customer service (even when the customer is making that almost impossible because their bill changed by two dollars) and over all upbeat attitude are musts. Amazing sales experience. I enjoy working with all my co-wokers. The turn-over rate is moderate to high. If you are not open to continuously learning and growing in your sales ability, you will struggle. A place you can thrive financially, if you work hard and stay fiscally focused.
Pros
Great management, co-worker and pay
Cons
Getting shifts covered.
Worked directly with people day in and day out.
Sales Team Lead (Current Employee) –  KingstonJune 24, 2016
Was able to learn how to lead a team of sales professionals effectively. loved all of my coworkers and enjoyed the act of hard selling to people.
Pros
team outings, Training.
Cons
no paid vacation time, no sick days, not enough compensation
Great Culture and Team
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  East TennesseeAugust 24, 2016
If you're looking for a solid foundation to build a career and navigate through a home/work life balance, this is your place.

I've been with the company for over a year now and I'm very impressed with the Cellular Sales culture and history of the business. I now have goals I try reach, a 5 year plan and how to get there.

This isn't just a job for me, this is my family!
Pros
True definition of a team
Cons
Management invests in you.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  East Tennesee MarketAugust 25, 2016
One of the things that blows me away with this company is that it is the first I've worked for that actually makes an effort to get to know you and strives to help you grow personally and professionally. Big open-door policy, I feel like I can approach management with anything. A lot of trainings are constantly being offered and there is a dedicated career path that allows room/for advancement.
Pros
Not micro-managed, room for advancement, Company invests in you
Cons
No paid vacation or maternal\paternal leave
Great Atmopshere!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNAugust 12, 2016
I love working for this company. We work in a team atmosphere, and 99% of the team is always willing to help each other. The leaders and management are always there to help out too. Great potential to make lots of money. You have to be willing to put in the work to get the results you want. Flexible schedule is great. I can pretty much get off any day I need. The only downside is no paid vacation (its a sales job), and no paid maternity/paternity leave. Otherwise, I love it here and look forward to continuing to grow my sales career!
Pros
Great leadership, great earning potential, friendly work team, opportunity for growth
Cons
no paid vacation, maternity/paternity leave
Great Pay and Flexible Hours
Sales Representative/Market Accessories Trainer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2016
100% commission and flexible hours allows you to make as much money as you want.
Work with like minded individuals that encourages a competitive sales and customer service environment.
Pros
Compensation
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7