Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales Employer Reviews

Bad and getting worse! Dec 2013
Current Employee (Current Employee), AlabamaDecember 8, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: you can lose money working here, poor mgmt.
Stay away!! After 3 plus years of working for Cellular Sales my pay has dropped to under $30k per year after starting out at over $50k. (minus $3880 in "Deacts" this year. 2013) Verizon is to blame for some of the decrease due to lowered commissions, loss of annual upgrades, marketing toward prepaid/no contract, and the Iphone, but ALL loss from Cellular – more... Sales is passed down to the sales reps.

1. You WILL be charged full retail for missing/stolen accessories and phones. Unbelievable!
2. An iphone pays $50 but if it deacts you WILL be charged $300. Unbelievable!
3. If a customer cancels a line of service or fails to pay their bill for 181 days after the sale, you WILL be charged back not only the commissions, but the cost of the phone as well. Unbelievable!
4. My market alone has went through over 100 sales reps in a 3 year time period. No one stays much longer than a year. Usually once the deacts hit, they start dropping. It will take around 4-6 months to start seeing the deacts.
5. I work other jobs part time now to make ends meet. The flexibility of schedule is the ONLY reason I have stayed at all.
6. Every rep was mailed a letter 2 years ago to join a class action lawsuit against Cellular Sales for labor law infractions. They were also forced to make all former "self employed contractors" into employees due to the amount of lawsuits and the IRS.
7. You WILL drive a lot, work evenings and weekends and some Holidays to make any decent money. They love to get you to do things such as errands, 7 a.m. trainings,dropping off returns, etc for FREE!! Very cheap people and disrespectful at times.
8. Finally, if you are desperate for a job (as I was) Cellular Sales will give you a job and you will make a little money. Just go into it with your eyes open and knowing that there is no longer a future with this company.

I hope this helps someone. – less
Positive attitude call center environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: healthcare, 401 k, vacation time, thorough vetting of candidates
Cons: not allowed enough to learn systems, tense environment for new hires
This was a call center environment with a varying cubicle daily. I learned the importance of timeliness as one person not showing up put undo burden on others. I found most of the management to be very positive in their leadership style. The positive attitude flowed into the workers and I had some fantastic co-worker relationships.- The position was – more... very tech savvy and I struggled in learning all the programs required during the training process. I truly enjoyed the positive atmosphere and the opportunity to assist a customer with their cellular phone insurance needs. Most clients were very kind to work with and were grateful when their insurance claim was met. – less
A Great Opportunity-Fun Place to Work
Wireless Sales Professional (Current Employee), Savannah, GANovember 22, 2013
Pros: great flexibility, fun people, solid training
Cons: dealing with difficult customers
Cellular Sales is great place for someone who does not need or want a lot of micro management. I love the flexibility of working in different locations, and taking off when I want to spend time with my family. The best part is working with all the cool people! Occasionally, there are sales reps that don't uphold the standards we have in place, but those – more... reps are usually weeded out pretty quickly. In addition, the managers seem committed to helping us improve our sales skills and doing the right thing by customers. – less
If you don't know any better, go ahead and sign on
Sales rep (Former Employee), Middle TNNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great staff
Cons: compensation, working multiple locations
Long story short I have an extensive background in wireless and signed on with CSOKI. The culture is very professional as far as presentation of the stores and employees go and yet the massive company is ran like a 3 store operation as far as management goes with support and communication. Turn over is awful, its 100% commish which isn't bad but the – more... catches are..... it is a shared compensation system meaning everyone on the sales floor shares sales and it is a group effort so esentially your relying on not only your skills but the guys your working with for your paycheck, you can make fantastic money with them if you schedule appointments with customers and bring them in and you won't have to share commish with your co workers, or if you sell certain very limited products. For a first job in wireless it would be ok, but if you know there are better paying companies and better ways, no.... this place will be an issue to work at. You will not work at just 1 location you are what I would call a floater probably between 5 or less locations usually in the surrounding area. That is good and bad. For the customer, they are always seeing different people and gives bad vibes when a familiar face isn't around. Compensation with the company is literally what you want to make but as far as the whole shared system goes and all that they want to just be icing on the cake for you.... they really want you to reach out and market yourself and build the brand and bring new customers in yourself. Thats fine and dandy and all but bouncing around to multiple locations after you doing all the leg work and communicating your schedule to customers, you miss alot of your sales because the customer either doesnt specify your name or forgets.... or doesnt have your business card because you called them. They will send you off to Knoxville for a week for training. Any seasoned sales person really should avoid this company now days, keep looking. – less
Not a long term job...great intro into the cellular world
Verizon Authorized Retailer Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: co-worker relationships, learn how to work in cellular, flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, poor management, comission only, have to pay for equiptment on chargebacks, and lost inventory
Helping customer and seeing the rewards of shared commission. Management is untrained and mediocre at best. You do learn teamwork and how to work in the Verizon system. No advancement opportunities, and required weekly sales meetings unpaid
DO NOT WORK HERE!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: choose to come in to work or not
Cons: money, management, hours. u will have no life outside of work
Awful place to work! Money is not going to be what is promised. Awful scheduling! Awfully managed! Scam artists!!
Absolutly Horrible Company to work for.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), South FLoridaOctober 24, 2013
Cons: dont do it.
Would not recommend it to anyone in South Florida,.

. They hold 2 months of your salary.
. The money isn't as great as they promise.
. They do not assign you to 1 store, they schedule you to 3/4 stores per week. While you pay for the cost of transportation to different locations.
. If anything goes missing in the store which (happened very often) they – more... deduct the cost from all personnel that work the previous shift and the current shift salaries, without any investigation, Including cell phones (avg. full retail price $700)
. If you sale a phone to a customer and before 6th month the customer decided to stop paying his monthly bill, the employee gets charged against his salary, full retail price. With so many customers creating false contracts, by purchasing phones for a low prices, stop paying their bill and resale the devices for full price, the only person that will lose is the Employee as they will get charge for the cost.
Then after you decide to stop working for them, those 2 months they have held of your salary, You will never see it.. They are a joke.

I called them a Lending Company at 500% interest. lol

. – less
Do not work here!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 4, 2013
Not a very good place to work to advance your career. Company is all about making money for themselves versus putting sales reps in positions to succeed.
Not Recommended - Be Careful!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Upstate New YorkOctober 1, 2013
I'm a strong Salesman and have been in the industry for many years. I was convinced by the recruiter to give Cellular Sales a shot. I was promised high commissions, flexibility and a great product to sell. What I found is the exact opposite.

* The commissions per phone are very high. what they forget to tell you is they over staff there locations to – more... the point you are making $10.00 to $25.00 on a phone sale. This makes you push there over priced generic accessories to make an extra $5.00 to $12.00.

* Your paycheck will never be clear, and does not match up with your reports. And if a customer stops paying there bill or leaves your service in the first 6 months you will be charged the price of the handset. This could be a huge amount some reps are charged up to $1,000.00 a month in charge backs. The average rep only makes about $3,500.00 a month so up to 1/3 is taken out for charge backs. Then more is taken out for "missing Accessories" this could be another $100.00 or so. That all depends on how responsible the reps are around you. Whatever accessories a rep gives away or a customer steals you pay for!. To add to this stress you only get paid once a month.

* Reps "come and Go" as they please. There is no real structure or management.

* When something is "rolled out" its a complete mess. Know one is on the same page and wrong information is passed around like crazy.

* The phones that the customers are looking for pay you very low. And the old out of date models pay better.

* You have to charge the customer $1.00 to take there cash bill payments. This seems like a small fee, but makes customer very made and they take it out on you and some storm off refusing to do business in your store again.

* Accessories are very cheap but cost the customers a good deal. So it make it hard to sell at full price. For example: the same basic Gel Case that you can get on eBay for $1.00 or in the mall for $5.00 to $10.00 you are charging $19.99 to $24.99. or a $3.00 eBay home charger or $9.99 in the mall will run the customer $29.99. Just another way to make a customer mad and guarantee they will never do business with your store again.

* Phone pricing is another issue. They tend to charge well over Verizon pricing on phones 90% of the time! This make customer very mad. What happens a good deal of time is the customer realizes they have been over charged and come back to the stores a few weeks later. but because its over there 2 week return period the customer is out of luck. Once again they customer tells all there friends and we lost more customers.

* The only Pro I can see is you will never be "yelled at" nor will a manager be there breathing down your back. They say they care about numbers and we have certain products to push. But the truth is there is no management holding anyone accountable to do or sell anything. Its a free for all or sorts.

Yearly Salary:
Low Reps up to $30,000.00 +/-a year
Mid Reps up to $35,000.00 +/- a year
Top 5% of reps make $45,000.00 a year or more

I could go on and on. Its a real shame how some companies do business and get away with it. I would love to say it will change or they will get theirs for unjust ways they treat both employees and customers. But companies like this can and do stay in business for many many years happy with there profit margins and happy with the way they treat there customers and employees. – less
complete scam
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 17, 2013
Cons: horible place to work
I worked for this company for over a year. This company is a complete scam and treat their employees badly. They don't pay hourly plus commission like all other wireless retailers do. They pay you more money for selling unreliable phones and less money for the phones customers really want. They also force you to sell devices to customers that don't – more... want them. Then they charge you back the full price of the device if the customer deactivates their service. DO NOT WORK THIS COMPANY!!! – less
Loved working and trouble shooting for customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2013
Opened the store I was working at that day, make sure everything was neat and organized, get my computer working for the day, helped customers pick out the right phone and phone plan that best fit their needs, troubleshot problems with phones and phone plans, gave great customer service to all customers. I learned how to pick out good phones and phone – more... plans to fit the needs of the customer, the customer is always right, learned how to diffuse angry customers and calm them down. Management was barley around, but helpful when needed. doing everything manually if the computers went down. Meeting new people and putting smiles on customers faces before they left the store. – less
Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: favoritism
Definitely a sales position. Only problem is favoritism comes into play a lot. I say brown nose a alot and you will definitely make it.
Awful place to work!
Dealer/Agent (Current Employee), Buford, GAAugust 3, 2013
This company does not operate ethically! If Verizon Wireless knew how they jerk their customers around, they would yank their dealerships. Not only that, the employees are thrown out there with little to no support. Many times the stores were out of popular selling phones and had to be retrieved from remote locations, if available at all. And, none – more... of the phones on the sales floor are priced! They told me it's value perceived. The list goes on. Not a good place to work at all! – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Babylon, NYJuly 24, 2013
Pros: commision was very well compensated
Cons: no houryl pay
1. Create new lines of service for new customers who was convinced into trying out our service.
2.we would work together to share any commission made between 4/2 people.
3.learn day by day new products and service updates.
4. Best part was starting the day at work to keep a momentum going for more new goals.
Potential to make a living....
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hope Mills, NCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: environment and customer interaction
Cons: charge backs and working weekends
Normal 8-5 schedule, including one closing shift per week. I have learned a lot about customer service. The managment is excellent and works with the employees when you are unable to cover your shift. The hardest part about the job is the amount of days you have to devote to working. You have to work weekends to make money and meet quota. I personally – more... prefer to work during the week so I can spend time with my children. The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy of selling someone a phone and they are genuinally happy! – less
Good but Young Company
Sales (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 18, 2013
Pros: good commission structure, good product
Cons: mediocre benefits, job stability
Good company with great pay, but be prepared to work harder than you have every worked before. Benefits are ok at best, and sales fluctuate greatly.

If you make it into a leadership role, which are few in far between, the company is still young and the HR department is almost non-existent. A lot of development and growth need to happen still.

You – more... can make great money if you can sell! – less
Great department to work in
Advertising Assistant/Coop Coordinator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment in the advertising department
Cons: changes regularly based on the extra spending habits of customers.
Manage advertising projects from promotional items for special events to print jobs. Coordinated media drops with sales and grand opening events. Made sure the signage both internally and externally met the Verizon guidelines through their co-op program. Worked with vendors in different industries to help ensure our stores had a similar feel from coast – more... to coast with out paying a fortune.

I learned what is involved with a well planned and timed media campaign; with advertising and marketing. I learned how to negotiate the price based on size of orders and the amount of business I would do with a vendor, realizing its okay to ask for that discount. Initiated a change with the company that provided our company logoed material saving $100,000's. – less
Awesome Place for Sales People
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2013
Pros: work life balance. great leaders. fun atmosphere.
Cons: there will be some drive time.
Great place to work for serious sales people that want to work.
Overall good atmosphere, with work life flexibility and uncapped earning potential.
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility, compensation
Cons: every coin has two sides
Is a great opportunity to grow as a sales professional. If you can make it through the sytems training and pledge period. It is a position of responsibility and team work.

– June 6, 2013

Flexibility, lets try unfair Labor practices. How do you work with staff that are not getting paid and have a poor attitude. Lets talk about Potential. Might have been different along time ago but not now.

They gave me a chance
Team Lead (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NCMay 22, 2013
Pros: great earnings potential
Cons: it will not be given to you, you must work
I see a lot of negative things about this job and company. All I know is 5 years ago I had no job and because I was over 50 no one would even consider talking to me. Well Cellular Sales did and it saved my life. No where else could I have gone and made a 6 figure income. They got my life back in the groove!!!

About Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales is the nation's largest premium Verizon Wireless retailer and our mission is to provide an unparalleled customer – Read more

Cellular Sales Photos