Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Great people to work with, poor advancement opportunities
Sales (Former Employee) –  Nort TexasDecember 12, 2016
Great people to work with, making sure all electronics are in working proper order. the only bad days are no customers. best part of the job is customer service and making sales.
Repetitive job with lots of nasty customers
Sales Associate on a commission based salary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 6, 2016
All commission job. Very competitive and can be a tough place to make a living. Co workers are good people but in it for themselves first and foremost.
Great career with huge potential
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 6, 2016
Cellular Sales is overall a fantastic company to work for. Management truly cares and wants to see you succeed personally and professionally. They will do anything they can to help you in this regard. With that being said, this position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt. This industry is constantly changing (new products, promotions, etc) and it is imperative to keep up. As far as compensation, you really get what you put in here. If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded extremely well. In addition, you are able to make your own schedule to an extent, which is great. The hardest part of this job is the mental aspect. With so much going on, it is easy to get overwhelmed at times. Again, you have to push through and stay focused. As a whole, the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.
Pros
Huge earning potential, flexible hours
Fun Place
Wireless Representative/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORDecember 1, 2016
This is a 100% Commission place. Its a fun working atmosphere.
The hardest part was angry customers with overage, but I was able to not take it personal. I enjoyed working here. Lots of room for promotions here.
Pros
Fun, Positive place to work
Cons
Angry customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 22, 2016
Handling customer and business account. working everyday on assisting customers with all their needs. This job was commission based and had to work hard to build relationships with customers for return value.
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  East TennesseeNovember 17, 2016
Cellular Sales is a great place to work. Management gives you the freedom to accomplish whatever you want to accomplish. You have the ability to make your own schedule. The working environment is very team oriented and everyone really has eachother's back.
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, TNNovember 11, 2016
I have only just started my career at Cellular Sales, but it has been a real enjoyment to work here. They actually care about you growing as a person and professionally. Lots of training to get you to where you want to be and the team is always willing to help you in any way possible. In the sales industry you will get what you put into it.
Pros
scheduling, management
Cons
no paid vacation
Great job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2016
100% commission so you get out of it what you put into it. Easy to learn. Very helpful management. As many hours as you desire. Great benefits. Fun environment
Pros
Health care, discounts
Not a fun place to work and no team environmet
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 10, 2016
Preached work life balance, but not when you have to give every customer your personal phone number. Flexible scheduling is a plus, but there is no benefits and full commission even if they tell you get paid $10 an hour. It comes out of your monthly commission check and with 73% of their business not returning to the stores, a good commission check is hard to come by. Customers aren't coming back when they find out that they pay more for their phones coming at Cellular Sales than any other Verizon retailer.It's also brand specific due to LG paying each associate anywhere from $30 to $90 per phone they sale. And if anything goes missing, it comes out of your check!!!
They flat out steal from their employees and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2016
This place is beyond awful. They overcharge every customer and encourage it. The reps will try to steal from you and bback customers so they don't have to share the commission with you. The company charges reps full retail for missing items (not sure how that's legal). They take pride in gloating about how few insurance claims they have. Well yeah because they just charge the reps. It was a good job 6 years ago. It's a scam now.
Pros
Cons
Overcharge customers. Dont get paid for months after starting. Coworkers steal.
Steady work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2016
Steady work day to day shipping and receiving items daily especially during the holidays. Ability to get the job done with time to spare and occasionally receive recognition for your efforts.
Pay for your mistakes
B2B Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Missing accessories, customer deactivated equipment, fellow reps stealing, inaccurate pricing $$$$ out of your pocket. Cellular Sales pays a draw check, against your commissions of $10/hour. After you work 40-50 hours/week and pay for missing accessories and equipment you might see a commissions check of $300/month. Cellular Sales charges more than Verizon does for equipment, all to cushion the pockets of the owners. You must meet new line quotas to "unlock" your pay. Customer loyalty is down, smart people don't trust crooks. Want a vacation? No problem, you are responsible for getting your own shift covered. No such thing as requesting a day off, You won't get it. Oh, and if you don't work, you don't get paid. Deal with it. Over promised, undelivered. Greed has build this market.
Awesome Job for young or single people.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 19, 2016
I overall enjoyed my time at Cellular Sales. It is one hundred percent commission sales job, where the minimum you would get paid is 10.88 and hour. The overall Job is fairly easy to do but hard to master and be great at as it requires a lot of determination. I was somewhere in between on the more determined side. You have to be able to adapt and learn quickly because the communications world is always changing.

It is hard to keep work and life separate as you depend on customers to call you at all times of the day even on days off to get paid. It makes it hard to have a day off or plan time away between getting shifts covered and depending on these calls to make a living, though it can be lucrative.

Compensation is very good if you are willing to work hard. If you are a lazy person you will be closer to the 10.88 an hour. Few benefits, no actual vacation time, you have to get your shifts covered. Does have 401k and health benefits.

I feel like it is hard to get fired since you are full commission, but have seen it happen if one underperforms. Very hard to advance in the company. You will most likely stay where you are at.

Management is super laid back, if you do your job, management lets you do whatever you want for the most part. You do have to attend sales meetings and other meetings that are required without pay periodically. Plus have to drive far to work other stores at times. Sometimes over an hour.

The other people working there are sales people, so they tend to be fun. That was the best part of the job was the people that I worked with were my best friends
  more... for the most part.

Hardest part of the job for me was keeping up with all the changes, everything is always changing.

Most enjoyable was the workforce.
Pros
Fairly easy job with decent pay. Good pay if you work hard.
Cons
Commissions are hard to follow and the job really cuts into your life.
Very caring and understanding company!
Sales Mentor (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 8, 2016
I started this company very young and the whole time I was training and just getting introduced in the corporate world everyone that I was working were very understanding and helpful. No matter what I'm going through or what I need to get done I know that my co-workers and my directors will be there. I've never seen a more compassionate company than this one. Now just a year later I'm mentoring other new people and getting to teach the new trainee's how we treat our people and our customers. From what this company has taught me and from what I've personally witnessed I'm in no need to ever look for a new job.
Pros
No micro-managing and we get to take breaks when we need to, we don't have to be told.
Cons
employees who weren't originally trained correctly, or who developed bad habits.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Management is amazing very helpful, learned how to be better and phones and customer service. Co workers where always there to help when it was needed
Pros
Awesome staff managers
Cons
Wouldnt get paid on payday
life changing money
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX and Atlanta GAAugust 31, 2016
A great place to make life changing money. you are in charge of your income. Management treats you like family. a great place for some one who has a lot of drive
One of the BEST opportunities in East Tennessee
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 31, 2016
In reviewing this company I will focus on three different aspects of the job; company culture, advancement opportunities, and pay.

The culture of the company is absolutely different from any place I have been able to work. The people in management are deeply involved in the lives of the people in the team and legitimately care about our success. moreover, they are constantly trying to figure out ways to motivate us and help us achieve our goals. I cant think of better people to work with/for.

Cellular Sales does not simply offer jobs; they provide you with the opportunity for a career! Those with the passion and desire to succeed have no limit in this company. Some people are satisfied with being a rep and maintain an excellent work environment; but for those of us with desires to progress the sky is the limit. Cellular Sales has a clear advancement platform for those of us who desire to be in management and even have our own market to look over. In fact, people's sole deterrent for success and advancement in this company is their own lack of motivation and desire. If you want it, you can achieve it with Cellular Sales.

Now to what may matter most to people reading this post. PAY. Cellular Sales is 100% commission base which means there is no limit to the amount of money you make. As a commissioned employee YOU are the one in charge of your paycheck. This company offers us the opportunity to set our own hourly pay. I for one make an average of $30 an hour. I find that there is no better opportunity to make the money I want to make in East Tennessee.

If you are a
  more... driven individual with a desire to succeed, set your own schedule and paycheck, and make your dreams a reality then Cellular Sales of East Tennessee is the company for you.  less
Pros
Excellent management, flexible schedule, amazing pay.
Cons
life/work balance difficult to figure out at first
Great Sales Floor Environment
Regional/National Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2016
This company was an exceptional working environment, a great mixture of autonomy, collaboration with coworkers, team selling, and competition. The General Manager of the market during my time was exceptionally gifted at leading and energizing our staff, while making selling and professionalism fun.
Pros
Excellent Enjoyable Work Environment with generous commissions
Cons
Backoffice Management often undermines sales floor
Management invests in you.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  East Tennesee MarketAugust 25, 2016
One of the things that blows me away with this company is that it is the first I've worked for that actually makes an effort to get to know you and strives to help you grow personally and professionally. Big open-door policy, I feel like I can approach management with anything. A lot of trainings are constantly being offered and there is a dedicated career path that allows room/for advancement.
Pros
Not micro-managed, room for advancement, Company invests in you
Cons
No paid vacation or maternal\paternal leave
great place to grow!!
sales rep (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 25, 2016
Typical work week for me is around 45 hrs per week. The schedule here is beyond flexible where I have the opportunity to work extra one week and work less the next week.

The culture here is great. Management provides you with endless training materials and they are very accessible whenever you need them.

2.7