Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales Employer Reviews

Flexible Schedule with limited advancement
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: deacts/compensation/limited advancement
The flexible schedule makes this a fantastic job for an individual with a hectic lifestyle. Your coworkers are usually a lot of fun to be around, whether you are in the store or not.

Your day consists of talking to customers and solving their problems and providing customer service that will bring them and their friends back to you when they need new – more... devices.

There is basically no management, which would normally be a good thing. The negative to this is you are held responsible for everything, even things out of your control.

The pay is not very good, and there are a lot of ways the company actually takes money back from you that you thought you had already earned. This is the hidden part of the company you have to watch out for. They will take back your commission plus what the device was worth if it doesn't stay on the customers exact account for 6 months (which is out of your control).

All in all, it has some positive parts to it, but as a sales professional you should be able to find a better job that compensates you for what you are worth. – less
Overall Good Starter Job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Arkansas City, KSFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: commission, flexibility, good culture
Cons: deactivations, not a good employee discount
I have now been employed with Cellular Sales for about 10 months. Starting out is difficult. You don't get "paid" for 60 days. Which can result in personal financial problems. Once that 60 days passes, it's great. They have by far the best commission system. There are more ways to make money than just selling phones. Good management, good flexibility. – more... You make your paycheck, in other words. The more you work, the more you make! – less
Great first sales job
Sales Advisor, Area Administrator (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: fun and supportive team, great place to make friends
Cons: benefits are not great, schedule can become frustrating
I would consider this a great company with which to gain some initial experience, especially in sales. The environment is very dynamic and will push you to frequently adapt to new changes.
Good place to work Full Commission
Outstanding management of customer base (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 31, 2014
Like my job and the people and customers that I deal with. Fun seeing the money that you make and how others are doing. From a business studant standpoint fun and great learning experiance.
Very good company to work for.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: high pay, flexible schedule, great environment
Cons: not to many advancement opportunities
Sales, Sales, Sales
Very professional selling stratagies with great training programs.
Very good management
Most coworkers were pretty good to work with. Some are shady.
Meeting quotas
Making money
Read before you accept the job
Sales Rep (Former Employee), North CarolinaJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: good coworkers that talk about how bad this company treats us
Cons: too much to list
The picture was painted by the recruiter and the management that this was the place to build a career. During the interview, I was told that the average salesman makes $50,000 a year and upward mobility is possible within two years. The real truth became my worst nightmare. Pay was withheld for the first 60 days. That means you will go into debt before – more... you make your first decent check. In addition, pay is disbursed once a month (hard to budget). Never once did I here the word deacts until I was hired-the loss of commission and an inflated cost of phones when a customer takes the phone off the account or when a customer is more than 60 days late on a bill pay. To give you an example of deacts, if you sell an iPhone the commission is $50; however, if the iPhone deacts, the loss is $280. As you can see, some paychecks are just miserable! One month, I worked 220 hours and my paycheck was $700 (well below minimum wage). In addition, Cellular Sales charges their staff full price for missing inventory, yet they do not supply the necessary tools to perform the job (e.g. cables used to transfer contacts). Therefore, we buy the very own tools, at full price, needed to do our job. Also, they do not believe in recomping our fuel cost between stores even though some stores are hours away. They make their salespeople cover more ground in order to save money for staffing (I.e. its easier to manage and staff floating positions). I have already paid $7000 in missing inventory, deacts, and fuel in my first year while making a measly $38,000 (Grossing only $31,000 this year in theory). But wait, what about the first 60 days pay? Calculating the fact that they withhold the first 60 days pay and never pay out the last paycheck (for future deacts, of course), I have truly only made $26,000 this year and worked all 52 weeks and 50 hours a week. Now, what about promotions? There are NO promotions! The last promotion occurred 5 years ago, and not one manager has been promoted ever since. Its non existence much like stock options and paid time off. That's right, you get NO vacation nor time off (while being compensated). So are there any benefits? The only benefit is sub par insurance through BCBS where the deductible is $3,000. Furthermore, there are no options to even take a lunch because there is no break room. You may be lucky enough to get a five minute break before the next customer grabs you for help. I feel like I have waisted my life for the last year with this company. I mean, I passed up two other jobs last year for this false picture of a career with Cellular Sales. I constantly have to worry if I am even able to pay my mortgage each month and yet I work sooooo hard to stay afloat. I was forced to leave the company because I can't survive working harder than a mcdonalds employee with less pay... and I even have a college degree (go figure). Do not bother wasting your time with Cellular Sales. You will be severely dissapointed. – less
Great Pay and excellent managements
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: pay rate and hours
Cons: health care and no promotions
I love working for the phone business, its hand on with the device and also a lot of interaction with the customers on a day to day basis
Ok place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: alot of hours to put in
It was fun however fun is not going to pay the bills.This company had charge backs which were more than the commissions made on sales. I didnt feel that this practice was a legal one and that caused me to look for employment elsewhere.
Sales is not for me
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great people to work with, benefits, helping people
Cons: management, sale tactics used, lack of pay based on performance
At the start of the day you begin with looking a emails for any changes in pricing or sales promotions. During the day you help customers with their cellular need. Suggesting phones, and internet based upon the customers needs. Ring customers up and explain the terms and agreement. At the end of the day we deposit any cash at is collected and print – more... report. Inventory is done once per shift. Worked with great people. I enjoyed helping people with their needs. The compliments that were given to me. Hardest part of the job was trying to sell someone something that they really did not need, but was pushing on sales to sell it for better numbers and revenue. I learned I am a customer service person not a sales person. – less
Comforatble and relaxed sales environment
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee), Lexington, KYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: self-managed, freedom to pick up shifts whenever you wish
Cons: some days you will not see a costomer when working 100% commision
Self-Managed company that allows you to work one-on-one with peers and costomers. 100% commission making your paycheck exactly what you work for. Co-workers are friendly and always trying to learn more and help those in need. Working side by side with some of these reps makes that work environment fast, fun and friendly. System comprhension can be the – more... most difficult part when starting off at this company, but very useful once understood. – less
Bad and getting worse! Dec 2013
Current Employee (Current Employee), AlabamaDecember 8, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: you can lose money working here, poor mgmt.
Stay away!! After 3 plus years of working for Cellular Sales my pay has dropped to under $30k per year after starting out at over $50k. (minus $3880 in "Deacts" this year. 2013) Verizon is to blame for some of the decrease due to lowered commissions, loss of annual upgrades, marketing toward prepaid/no contract, and the Iphone, but ALL loss from Cellular – more... Sales is passed down to the sales reps.

1. You WILL be charged full retail for missing/stolen accessories and phones. Unbelievable!
2. An iphone pays $50 but if it deacts you WILL be charged $300. Unbelievable!
3. If a customer cancels a line of service or fails to pay their bill for 181 days after the sale, you WILL be charged back not only the commissions, but the cost of the phone as well. Unbelievable!
4. My market alone has went through over 100 sales reps in a 3 year time period. No one stays much longer than a year. Usually once the deacts hit, they start dropping. It will take around 4-6 months to start seeing the deacts.
5. I work other jobs part time now to make ends meet. The flexibility of schedule is the ONLY reason I have stayed at all.
6. Every rep was mailed a letter 2 years ago to join a class action lawsuit against Cellular Sales for labor law infractions. They were also forced to make all former "self employed contractors" into employees due to the amount of lawsuits and the IRS.
7. You WILL drive a lot, work evenings and weekends and some Holidays to make any decent money. They love to get you to do things such as errands, 7 a.m. trainings,dropping off returns, etc for FREE!! Very cheap people and disrespectful at times.
8. Finally, if you are desperate for a job (as I was) Cellular Sales will give you a job and you will make a little money. Just go into it with your eyes open and knowing that there is no longer a future with this company.

I hope this helps someone. – less
Positive attitude call center environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: healthcare, 401 k, vacation time, thorough vetting of candidates
Cons: not allowed enough to learn systems, tense environment for new hires
This was a call center environment with a varying cubicle daily. I learned the importance of timeliness as one person not showing up put undo burden on others. I found most of the management to be very positive in their leadership style. The positive attitude flowed into the workers and I had some fantastic co-worker relationships.- The position was – more... very tech savvy and I struggled in learning all the programs required during the training process. I truly enjoyed the positive atmosphere and the opportunity to assist a customer with their cellular phone insurance needs. Most clients were very kind to work with and were grateful when their insurance claim was met. – less
A Great Opportunity-Fun Place to Work
Wireless Sales Professional (Current Employee), Savannah, GANovember 22, 2013
Pros: great flexibility, fun people, solid training
Cons: dealing with difficult customers
Cellular Sales is great place for someone who does not need or want a lot of micro management. I love the flexibility of working in different locations, and taking off when I want to spend time with my family. The best part is working with all the cool people! Occasionally, there are sales reps that don't uphold the standards we have in place, but those – more... reps are usually weeded out pretty quickly. In addition, the managers seem committed to helping us improve our sales skills and doing the right thing by customers. – less
If you don't know any better, go ahead and sign on
Sales rep (Former Employee), Middle TNNovember 21, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great staff
Cons: compensation, working multiple locations
Long story short I have an extensive background in wireless and signed on with CSOKI. The culture is very professional as far as presentation of the stores and employees go and yet the massive company is ran like a 3 store operation as far as management goes with support and communication. Turn over is awful, its 100% commish which isn't bad but the – more... catches are..... it is a shared compensation system meaning everyone on the sales floor shares sales and it is a group effort so esentially your relying on not only your skills but the guys your working with for your paycheck, you can make fantastic money with them if you schedule appointments with customers and bring them in and you won't have to share commish with your co workers, or if you sell certain very limited products. For a first job in wireless it would be ok, but if you know there are better paying companies and better ways, no.... this place will be an issue to work at. You will not work at just 1 location you are what I would call a floater probably between 5 or less locations usually in the surrounding area. That is good and bad. For the customer, they are always seeing different people and gives bad vibes when a familiar face isn't around. Compensation with the company is literally what you want to make but as far as the whole shared system goes and all that they want to just be icing on the cake for you.... they really want you to reach out and market yourself and build the brand and bring new customers in yourself. Thats fine and dandy and all but bouncing around to multiple locations after you doing all the leg work and communicating your schedule to customers, you miss alot of your sales because the customer either doesnt specify your name or forgets.... or doesnt have your business card because you called them. They will send you off to Knoxville for a week for training. Any seasoned sales person really should avoid this company now days, keep looking. – less
Not a long term job...great intro into the cellular world
Verizon Authorized Retailer Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: co-worker relationships, learn how to work in cellular, flexible schedule
Cons: low pay, poor management, comission only, have to pay for equiptment on chargebacks, and lost inventory
Helping customer and seeing the rewards of shared commission. Management is untrained and mediocre at best. You do learn teamwork and how to work in the Verizon system. No advancement opportunities, and required weekly sales meetings unpaid
DO NOT WORK HERE!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCNovember 5, 2013
Pros: choose to come in to work or not
Cons: money, management, hours. u will have no life outside of work
Awful place to work! Money is not going to be what is promised. Awful scheduling! Awfully managed! Scam artists!!
Absolutly Horrible Company to work for.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), South FLoridaOctober 24, 2013
Cons: dont do it.
Would not recommend it to anyone in South Florida,.

. They hold 2 months of your salary.
. The money isn't as great as they promise.
. They do not assign you to 1 store, they schedule you to 3/4 stores per week. While you pay for the cost of transportation to different locations.
. If anything goes missing in the store which (happened very often) they – more... deduct the cost from all personnel that work the previous shift and the current shift salaries, without any investigation, Including cell phones (avg. full retail price $700)
. If you sale a phone to a customer and before 6th month the customer decided to stop paying his monthly bill, the employee gets charged against his salary, full retail price. With so many customers creating false contracts, by purchasing phones for a low prices, stop paying their bill and resale the devices for full price, the only person that will lose is the Employee as they will get charge for the cost.
Then after you decide to stop working for them, those 2 months they have held of your salary, You will never see it.. They are a joke.

I called them a Lending Company at 500% interest. lol

. – less
Do not work here!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 4, 2013
Not a very good place to work to advance your career. Company is all about making money for themselves versus putting sales reps in positions to succeed.
Not Recommended - Be Careful!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Upstate New YorkOctober 1, 2013
I'm a strong Salesman and have been in the industry for many years. I was convinced by the recruiter to give Cellular Sales a shot. I was promised high commissions, flexibility and a great product to sell. What I found is the exact opposite.

* The commissions per phone are very high. what they forget to tell you is they over staff there locations to – more... the point you are making $10.00 to $25.00 on a phone sale. This makes you push there over priced generic accessories to make an extra $5.00 to $12.00.

* Your paycheck will never be clear, and does not match up with your reports. And if a customer stops paying there bill or leaves your service in the first 6 months you will be charged the price of the handset. This could be a huge amount some reps are charged up to $1,000.00 a month in charge backs. The average rep only makes about $3,500.00 a month so up to 1/3 is taken out for charge backs. Then more is taken out for "missing Accessories" this could be another $100.00 or so. That all depends on how responsible the reps are around you. Whatever accessories a rep gives away or a customer steals you pay for!. To add to this stress you only get paid once a month.

* Reps "come and Go" as they please. There is no real structure or management.

* When something is "rolled out" its a complete mess. Know one is on the same page and wrong information is passed around like crazy.

* The phones that the customers are looking for pay you very low. And the old out of date models pay better.

* You have to charge the customer $1.00 to take there cash bill payments. This seems like a small fee, but makes customer very made and they take it out on you and some storm off refusing to do business in your store again.

* Accessories are very cheap but cost the customers a good deal. So it make it hard to sell at full price. For example: the same basic Gel Case that you can get on eBay for $1.00 or in the mall for $5.00 to $10.00 you are charging $19.99 to $24.99. or a $3.00 eBay home charger or $9.99 in the mall will run the customer $29.99. Just another way to make a customer mad and guarantee they will never do business with your store again.

* Phone pricing is another issue. They tend to charge well over Verizon pricing on phones 90% of the time! This make customer very mad. What happens a good deal of time is the customer realizes they have been over charged and come back to the stores a few weeks later. but because its over there 2 week return period the customer is out of luck. Once again they customer tells all there friends and we lost more customers.

* The only Pro I can see is you will never be "yelled at" nor will a manager be there breathing down your back. They say they care about numbers and we have certain products to push. But the truth is there is no management holding anyone accountable to do or sell anything. Its a free for all or sorts.

Yearly Salary:
Low Reps up to $30,000.00 +/-a year
Mid Reps up to $35,000.00 +/- a year
Top 5% of reps make $45,000.00 a year or more

I could go on and on. Its a real shame how some companies do business and get away with it. I would love to say it will change or they will get theirs for unjust ways they treat both employees and customers. But companies like this can and do stay in business for many many years happy with there profit margins and happy with the way they treat there customers and employees. – less
complete scam
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 17, 2013
Cons: horible place to work
I worked for this company for over a year. This company is a complete scam and treat their employees badly. They don't pay hourly plus commission like all other wireless retailers do. They pay you more money for selling unreliable phones and less money for the phones customers really want. They also force you to sell devices to customers that don't – more... want them. Then they charge you back the full price of the device if the customer deactivates their service. DO NOT WORK THIS COMPANY!!! – less

About Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales is the nation's largest premium Verizon Wireless retailer and our mission is to provide an unparalleled customer – Read more

Cellular Sales Photos