Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

This place is not a good place to work at,
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 22, 2017
If your good at sales and you know your phones in and out don’t work for this place, find a real Verizon or someone other then Cellular sales! They lie, and say we are all family and we work together,
Nope I saw none of that, I saw three people get let go my first month working with them,
If you being something up to HR. HR does not have your back it’s like dirty cops,
They’re there to help but that are no use to you.

Just don’t work here.
October 24, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your experiences with us here at Cellular Sales, but apologize that those experiences have been less than satisfactory as our intention is to provide nothing but an enjoyable and lucrative career for you. We do pride ourselves on honesty and integrity and so it saddens us to hear that you have not experienced this first hand. We would really like to learn more details about your negative experiences which will help us avoid any other employees feeling the same way in the future. If you would like to reach out to discuss further, please email us at: recruiting@cellularsales.com.

Fun workplace but going down hill
Sales Professional/Mentor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 19, 2017
coworkers are great but the management has no clue how to properly run things and cares nothing about their employees. they say you will make a lot of money and have a great work life balance. that is not the case
October 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments and feedback. We sincerely apologize that you have some major concerns and your experience with us does not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. We would really like to learn more details which will help us avoid any other employees having the same experiences. If you would like to reach out to discuss any of these concerns further, please email us at: recruiting@cellularsales.com. Hopefully there is a chance that we can fix some of these concerns and turn around your experience so that you can start to enjoy building a career with us.

new market bad management style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 16, 2017
new cellular sales market in Colorado, nice company, however the management make wrong decisions for "team leads" and don't provide adequate software training. Leads are too young, immature, with no previously management experience.

day to day work is slow, and expect you to work 20+ hours outside of a work week to bring in "outside sales" a lot of cold calling also expected.

there is a mandatory sales quota that has to be met monthly, and you are on a draw system so if you cant meet draw, you won't receive a commission check until sales exceed monthly and previously missed months quotas...
Pros
phone actually pay well, there is spiffs on phones...gotta meet quotas
Cons
bad training, slow, inexperienced management, requires 20+ hours on top of scheduled work
October 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your comments and feedback. We are sorry that you had some concerns within your new market and your experience with us did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked. We will take your feedback and address the places we missed in delivering a great experience for you, as well as work on our continued improvement and development in those areas to be the best we can be. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

October 20, 2017

In follow up to the comments already written, with a new market there of course will be learning curves along the journey to success. There are many positives to being with a new market/region, but one in particular is the ability to grow, share ideas, and help be a part of the development of the success of the market. We highly encourage communication and hope that we can utilize your concerns and comments to help us grow.

A book of business is also encouraged through creating and developing strong customer relationships and giving them a 'wow' experience, following up, and providing a long term solution to those customers that will want to come and see you again in the future. It definitely takes time to establish this book of business, but once establishment occurs, many will reap the benefits of booking appointments, not having to make as many warm calls through our leads system, and having a little more flexibility in scheduling.

Training is so important to us and we will work on enhancing our training experience to help avoid these kind of concerns in the future. All the best.

Cut throat
Wireless Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 11, 2017
Management doesnt care about the employees, feels like walking on egg shells. If you don't make sales, you will get fired. Shady management, make promises that they dont fulfill.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible atmosphere
October 24, 2017

We thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Sorry that your experiences did not match our intention of making this the best career that you have had. We would really like to learn more details about your concerns with management and the unfulfilled promises, this way we can make sure that your concerns are addressed and avoided for future consultants. Please reach out to discuss these concerns further at: recruiting@cellularsales.com. Thank you so much.

Kinda shady
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 9, 2017
They were shady. Anything to get a new activation. Anything to get your accessory number up. And it seemed like higher ups never do anything/care about the shady behind some of it.
Pros
Your basically in business for yourself
Cons
Commission only, no benefits
October 24, 2017

Thank you for leaving your comments and feedback. We apologize for your negative experience with us as it is our intention to make sure that we provide a work environment that is not only lucrative but also highly enjoyable. We are glad to see that you noticed being in business for yourself as a positive! We are built on making sales consultants feel valuable in being able to make a lot of their own decisions and being able to have freedom and flexibility in how they run their business, in turn essentially able to write their own paychecks.

Sorry that you see being commission only as a negative, it is definitely not for everyone and of course it varies day-by-day, month-by-month. We do split commission between Cellular Sales and the consultants to allow a very lucrative living to be earned. We also offer a benefits package here at Cellular Sales and apologize if you were misinformed of this. If you would like to reach out to discuss any of these concerns further please email us at: recruiting@cellularsales.com. Thank you.

Awesome sales opportunity
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
They provide you the perfect compensation plan to make big $$$$. You practically pick your own schedule and you have a great support structure around you. You're basically running your own company without fronting the overhead expenses.
Pros
Schedule, pay plan, team, retail schedule flexibility
Cons
Retail schedule hours
October 18, 2017

We are so glad you are enjoying working for Cellular Sales and all the fantastic opportunities that we have to offer. We couldn't be happier to hear that you recognize that we are here to support you and have fun in a team environment, all with the ability to make a very lucrative living for yourself and your family whilst being in an entrepreneurial mindset! Unfortunately the retail hours come with the industry, but hopefully that schedule flexibility will help the control of determining your schedule hours a little. We hope you continue to enjoy your career here!

Fun place to work.
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Forked River, NJOctober 5, 2017
It was fun in the beginning with picking your own schedule but over time they took that advantage away and now it was based on performance which wasn't the way it was before.
October 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are so glad to hear that you find Cellular Sales a fun place to work, but apologize that your experience may have changed a little. Please be sure to vocalize your above concerns to Leadership as we want to continue to provide the best experience in the workplace for all our sales consultants, especially with any changes that may occur.

As you know, a big part of our culture is building a strong client base with your customers to allow for more opportunities to make appointments, this in turn can help you create a little more flexibility in your own schedule.

We strive to continue to improve and develop and want to make sure that Cellular Sales continues to be a fun and lucrative place for you to build a career!

competitive pay, ease of work schedule, lack of health benefits/retirement
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYOctober 1, 2017
the company is a fairly easy company to work for. Its normal sales and you can pick your schedule based off of your performance. Could be more black and white on certain rules and regulations. Sales tactics, plans and devices are always changing so its tough to stay on top of everything
Pros
pay, ease of job
Cons
retirement, health benefits, weekends, paid time off
October 18, 2017

We are delighted to hear that you find Cellular Sales a fairly easy place to work and that you are happy with the ability to make a lucrative living. It is a constantly changing industry and so the accessible resources in our University and through Verizon's Information Center are something we encourage to look at whenever any changes go into effect. That way it is a little easier to keep on top of them when they happen!

A strong 401K program and match are offered after 1 year of service and lots of information on this is available through CSU should you want to do any more research. We are also pleased to be able to offer health benefits and hope that they cater to most people's needs, but apologize for those to which they do not.

We wish we could offer paid time off, however, being 100% commission makes this a little tricky. Being able to make such a lucrative living here, paired with the ability to have some flexibility in your schedule to take days off at your leisure could be considered a bonus in lieu of paid time off.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us in our continued development to make this an enjoyable career for all that are employed!

Great company to begin a career
Acccount manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 29, 2017
Cellular sales is a great opportunity for anyone that’s looking to gain sales experience or begin a career in sales. The environment is very competitive, and the culture is great.
October 18, 2017

Thank you for providing such positive feedback about Cellular Sales. We are excited to hear that you enjoy the opportunities that we have to offer as well as the fun, competitive, and friendly culture that we strive to continue to develop!

no work life balance
Sales Manager / Business to Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 29, 2017
no work life balance if you want to earn a healthy life style, commission isn't straight forward. You could earn 6 figures if you work 60 hours a week.
Pros
Can make alot of money
October 18, 2017

I want to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and comments. We are sorry to hear that you are not feeling as happy with the work life balance that we put emphasis on being a big part of our culture here at Cellular Sales.

As you know there is a lot of potential to make a very lucrative living and determine your own paycheck. We always encourage our sales consultants to not forget the importance of follow up with all customers to develop that strong and loyal customer following and to book appointments to help with that flexibility of scheduling.

Please feel free to talk to your Leader/Director about any concerns you have and they can offer advice and strategies to help develop more of a healthy work life balance working less hours and making what you need to create that healthy lifestyle for you. We hope that you continue to enjoy being a part of the team and are excited about the opportunities ahead as you grow your career with Cellular Sales.

Want to know more about Cellular Sales?

Ask a question
Save your time
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 28, 2017
The only people who make it are people who up the prices and overload the customer. You will get stuck doing everyone's job cause they cut and run when it's time
October 30, 2017

We appreciate you leaving comments and apologize that your time with Cellular Sales was not the absolute best experience that we intend it to be. We would love to find out more about your concerns so that we can look into this in more detail and take the relevant steps to avoid anyone else having the same concerns in future. Please feel free to reach out to: recruiting@cellularsales.com. Thank you!

Loved the job
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 20, 2017
It was a commission based position, so with that comes some stress with reaching the quotas every month and with co-workers with less of a moral compass than others. The managers were awesome and the work atmosphere was usually productive and fun.
Pros
Good atmosphere and training
Cons
Charge backs and rude customers.
October 18, 2017

Thank you for your comments.We apologize for your concerns in regards to chargebacks. We are working very hard as a company to minimize them for our consultants as well as for the company itself. We have made significantly huge improvements over the years and will continue these efforts to lessen any chargebacks that may occur.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with Cellular Sales. We are glad that you enjoyed the training and the atmosphere and culture that we try so hard to maintain!

Great Place To Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Amazing pay, get 50% Gross Profit, amazing management and team environment. You get points for being even a minute late for work but besides that, great place. One of the best Wireless Sales Job I ever had.
Pros
Great Pay, Excellent Management
Cons
Points for Lateness.
October 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are so glad to learn that you enjoy working with your team members, management, and our unique culture; including feeling valued as an employee/partner at 50% share of the commission!

We believe strongly in personal responsibility and people holding themselves accountable, but unfortunately as we grow we have learned that the freedom aspect of our culture sometimes may get taken advantage of, hence the point system for tardiness. As you know, the points that can be accrued in a period of time is quite high providing leniency and flexibility for things that happen in life that may make us late once in a while. All the best in your future career with Cellular Sales!

Assisting Verizon Wireless customers in filing insurance claims.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37921September 6, 2017
A typical day at Cellulars Sales would include taking inbound calls for Verizon Wireless customers who need to file a claim on a damaged, lost or malfunctioning device. We also assist customers in canceling the insurance due to choosing another insurance provider or no longer need our services because they switched cell phone providers or the phone is not worth insuring. The workplace culture is friendly and a little fast paced at the beginning of the month. The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist a customer with an escalated situation due to my limitations in my ability to aid the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is a smooth transaction with the customer and their experience with filing a claim or canceling their insurance.
Pros
Flexible while I was in school to complete Bachelors degree.
Cons
limited room for promotable opportunities.
October 18, 2017

We are so glad to hear that you're happy here at Cellular Sales. The friendly work culture is something we have always strived to maintain and yes, you couldn't be more right in saying that it is enjoyable to be able to help a customer in a smooth transaction to help keep them happy and give them a great experience. Please feel free to talk to your manager with any concerns you may have for promotion opportunities and ask them to help you set and achieve your goals here! This conversation will not only be productive, but can also help you get noticed so that more opportunities can arise. We are glad to have you!

Decent environment, not so decent workers
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAAugust 30, 2017
My biggest problem with Cellular Sales was the lack of integrity by the people I worked with. As someone who holds themselves to a high standard, never being able to reach the top of the leaderboards without undercutting or scheming around customers was disheartening and definitely crushed my morale. While the money was pretty good, it was commission only, which meant that some days I would travel upwards of an hour and make nothing, and others I would drive 15 minutes and make $600 in a day. It was very on-again-off-again
Pros
A lot of free time in between customers on most days.
Cons
Lack of integrity amongst staff, long hours with no solid pay, disinterested management
October 20, 2017

Thank you for leaving detailed comments and feedback. We are sorry that you had some concerns and your experience with us did not match our intention of being the best place you have ever worked.

As a commission only position, the pay structure will vary day to day and for those who like to see a constant and steady pay check, commission only sales may not be the best fit for them. We do encourage building a strong client base and in making sure that your individual customers are getting a 'wow' experience with you, this paired with follow up allows our consultants to have the opportunity to grow their business and in turn pull themselves to the top of the leaderboards.

We try our hardest to create a culture where our consultants feel comfortable reaching out to management and having conversations with them to help the individual development as well as team development. We will take your feedback and address the places we missed in delivering a great experience for you, as well as work on our continued improvement and development in those areas to be the best we can be.

Excellent
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nevada, MOAugust 28, 2017
I love working here, if it weren't for personal issues I'd never leave. From the environment to the people, I couldn't ask for a better place to work.
October 20, 2017

We are so glad you love working with Cellular Sales! We have worked hard since inception to create a fun and family-like environment and am glad you notice that in our culture.

Sorry to hear about any personal issues you may be experiencing, feel free to reach out to your Director who may be able to help in some way that will allow you to stay working with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 22, 2017
the company really cares about the costumers and employees. overall , it a good experience! It help me to work and help a huge diversity crown to be successful at the job.
Pros
good people
Cons
healthcare its a plus
October 20, 2017

Thank you for leaving a great review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with us. We strive to hire people that are a great fit for the company and will work well on individual teams and within our culture. Taking care of our customers and building a strong and loyal client base is our overall goal!

The healthcare is definitely a nice perk for being a mid-sized company and 100% commission. We try our best to provide benefits that cater to most people's needs.

It was an ok job..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Management changes and rules change according on how you get paid. You have to keep up with all those changes and be an accountant to read how you get paid on the report they give you with each pay period. If you don't disclose everything to the customer you'll be fine.. there is a chance to make good money but 400 miles on my car a week was too much.. if you love to work away from home and drive up to an hour an a half to get to work then go for it..if you love change then this job is for you too!!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Travel and change.. no hourly pay and it'sa draw system..
October 20, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback on your experience with Cellular Sales. There is definitely a lucrative living to be made here!

We apologize for your concerns with our pay structure and travel time. Our 100% commission position allows for flexibility and freedom, but with our growth over the years we have had to switch to a draw system. There are trainings that are given and can also be taken in your leisure time on exactly how this system works.

Some areas have stores that are a little further drive away than others, as we expand and open up stores regularly, this cuts that travel time down significantly. We also offer flexibility in requesting certain stores/shifts and switching shifts with colleagues to allow you to work a little more conveniently to where you may live. Depending on the area of course and the amount of stores, this is easier in some areas/regions. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Pathetic
Professional Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 21, 2017
Regional director is a joke and is completely oblivious to anything going on within the company. It would be a good company to work for if he would step down
Pros
Not any
Cons
Everything you can imagine
October 24, 2017

We appreciate your time to leave a review. We apologize that you had some major concerns with your Regional Director and we would really like to learn more details which will help us avoid any other employees having the same experiences. Please reach out to discuss these concerns further: recruiting@cellularsales.com.

A bit of a cult
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 20, 2017
Take all the typical malarkey of a sales company and change the wording so it's hip and cool. The work life balance they promise disappears the minute you hit the floor. Confusing organizational structure and opportunities for promotion are heavily biased.
October 25, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review and providing some comments for discussion. We apologize that you have not had the fantastic experience that Cellular Sales intends for all our employees to have. We strive to offer a great place to work that is not only lucrative but also enjoyable and as you know, a big part of our culture is taking the time to follow up and build a strong client base with our customers to allow for more opportunities to make appointments, this in turn can help you create a little more flexibility in your own schedule and provide a great work-life balance. We would love to find out about your concerns in more detail so that we can avoid other employees experiencing the same thing. Please feel free to reach out to: recruiting@cellularsales.com. We wish you the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8