Cellular Sales Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of potential
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 1, 2016
Great place to work if you are motivated for sales. The pay for the past year has been fantastic (50k+) even working 4-5 days. Unfortunately that can change in an instant if the owners want commission structures to change. In the 5 years I've worked here the pay has changed wildly every couple of years. Management has been great but your mileage may vary as every market has a different sales manager. The company has come a long way since i started working there and if you are in the younger ages (early to mid 20s) this job will be the best job you could ever ask for. You'll start out making good money and your schedule is super flexible.
Pros
Laid back and fun
Cons
pay can change year to year
commision incentives were horrible
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2016
management and the way they handled things was ok. training was adequate. but employees never got a chance to really make large commission sales because of structure.
Awesome company
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Affton, MOJune 9, 2016
Awesome company with great opportunities in the wireless industry! I would highly recommend Cellular Sales to anyone looking to grow as a sales professional in the wireless industry!
Growing company
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 25, 2016
Great benefits, opportunity for growth, good environment. Rapidly changing job descriptions. Overall good company to work for. I wanted to work p/t and they were not able to let me do so.
Pros
Growing with opportunity for advancement
Cons
Management can be difficult
Nothing like Verizon Corporate
Indirect Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2015
This company's compensation was decent, but their unethical business practices caused me to resign after only 3 months. I have heard that there has been a change in upper management, and that many of the problems are fixed, but I don't know for sure. Potentially a great place to work, but advance with caution. Ask questions.
Pros
Semi flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
dishonest business practices that cheat the customer
Cellularsales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 25, 2016
This company was tough to work for because there lack of not paying employees right on payday. Things always was missing accessory, so they punish everyone by taking it from there paycheck.
Descent place to work for. Great for college graduates
Wireless Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 1, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 2 years. It started out to be pretty good but pay structure changed several times while I was there. Benefits are not that great. Pretty expensive health coverage plan for a family. The commission structure has changed a lot. The shared commission structure not as good as once was. Spiffs are only fully paid once you hit new activation goals. If you do not hit you new activation goals you definitely do not make what is on the boards. Pay could get cut in half depending on the phones you are selling if you do not hit goals. Also this company loves to push LG products. They get a huge spiff on commissions for doing so. This company loves LG, so you better sell LG if you want to make top$$$. Other phone like apple and Samsung do not pay you as much. Just be wary and careful in your selection process. This is a good company to start if you are a college graduate. This is also a 100% commission job.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Pay structure. This is a 100%commission job.
CellularSales Verizon
Sales Associate / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 20, 2015
• Serviced multiple customer accounts while resolving clients complaints.
• Monitored competition while adapting to wireless industry changes and cellular technological advances.
• Built customer relationships while maintaining loyalty and growing customer base.
• Consistently improved performance and knowledge through corporate training.
• Used sales expertise to provide customers an outstanding experience while fulfilling specific sales goals and customer needs.
Retail Hours
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Utica NYNovember 14, 2015
Retail Hours are difficult to get used to. Commission Only job, compensation can be good. Huge turn over rate, Management is Null and typically rules and regulations are made up as they go, Benefits are poor, no set sick or personal time. Getting time off is a huge hassle and you will not get paid for it. Good for a young professional with little or no personal life, money can be good when the sales floor is not saturated with staff. Very difficult to have a work life balance.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hours, Management, health benefits and work life balance
was not a fun job
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 2, 2016
this job required labor and that;s not the problem but the respect for us was not there and people looked down on us and things were out of order
Great place to work!
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2016
Very employee oriented company that takes care of it's people and rewards performance. Highly recommend this company for any future applicants.
Great Money, Great People
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 17, 2016
I love working here, the only downside is the retail hours. This job has awesome leadership, and uncapped commission. I make really good money, and get to work with great people.
Pros
Awesome Pay
Cons
Retail hours
Great people horrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOMay 16, 2016
They are supposed to be high tech company but nothing ever works.
Computers, Verizon programs, internet, nothing ever works
Pros
People
Cons
Technology
Snakes in the bushes
Regional Trainer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXNovember 7, 2015
I worked for this company for over 3 years. In that time I met very few coworkers that were trustworthy. Management recently changed the pay structure 3 times in a little over a year...always harder to attain. In my three years there I ranked as either the top or second performer for our team. I tried to make it work. Hundreds of loyal customers. In the last few months there were training meetings where management taught ways to deceive the customer and Verizon (it happened before but this was worse). There is no understanding of work vs. home life.Ultimately I would not recommend this job to anyone who values honesty.
Pros
flexible-ish schedule.
Cons
deception. pay is always changing. poor management
Horrible
Cellular Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 6, 2016
If your still living with your parents and don't need money , this is a good place to work.I worked for this company for about 6 months. When hired they don't tell you that they aren't paying you for three months. You will get a 1200 draw as long as your numbers are good.
Wanna be broke for three months , sign up. Then after you've starved just trying to make ends meet and work from open to close everyday so your first few paychecks are good, theyll fire you because one ,your working to much or your making to much money. That's right, first company I ever worked for that I got let go for doing my job. Then they will hold 1000 dollars out of your last paycheck to cover the future disconnects and will tell you, that's just in case. Oh yea and they also will tell you, don't call or customer trying to get the equipment back so they can release that 1000 dollars. If you take this job, have a lawyer on stand by, your going to need him.
This is just skimming the laundry list of horrible complaints and bad practices by Cellular Sales.
Pros
Cons
Excessive charge backs, Lying, lying to customers, holding employees accoutable for items lost, taking your last paycheck from you
Rewarding Career
Headquarters (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 23, 2016
I have worked at Cellular Sales for 6 years. I love my job and my team mates. Couldn't ask for a better company!! I feel like I am valued and that I make a difference in the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
selling cell phones and improving sales for company. I worked with company for 1 year & i became a very great sales man because in this job i worked 3 position that improved skills,
Excellent Business
SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Selden, nyMarch 3, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work and train in sales development. All other sales reps are friendly and positive to the max. And the business is run beautifully.
Cellular Sales
Wireless Account Manager 02/2015-Present (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2016
This job is mainly commission base, and has little to no room for advancement. Sales associates are required to work 10-11 hours per shift with no real lunch break.
cellular sales is good place but unless you are working several locations you can't make money
Wireless Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 27, 2015
Not a bad place to work but you definitely have to have the drive to sell the products.. I personally lliked the personable experience with customers. I was able to get to know my clients and that alone made me love my job.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Hours sucked

2.5