Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales Employer Reviews

Loved working and trouble shooting for customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2013
Opened the store I was working at that day, make sure everything was neat and organized, get my computer working for the day, helped customers pick out the right phone and phone plan that best fit their needs, troubleshot problems with phones and phone plans, gave great customer service to all customers. I learned how to pick out good phones and phone – more... plans to fit the needs of the customer, the customer is always right, learned how to diffuse angry customers and calm them down. Management was barley around, but helpful when needed. doing everything manually if the computers went down. Meeting new people and putting smiles on customers faces before they left the store. – less
Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: favoritism
Definitely a sales position. Only problem is favoritism comes into play a lot. I say brown nose a alot and you will definitely make it.
Awful place to work!
Dealer/Agent (Current Employee), Buford, GAAugust 3, 2013
This company does not operate ethically! If Verizon Wireless knew how they jerk their customers around, they would yank their dealerships. Not only that, the employees are thrown out there with little to no support. Many times the stores were out of popular selling phones and had to be retrieved from remote locations, if available at all. And, none – more... of the phones on the sales floor are priced! They told me it's value perceived. The list goes on. Not a good place to work at all! – less
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Babylon, NYJuly 24, 2013
Pros: commision was very well compensated
Cons: no houryl pay
1. Create new lines of service for new customers who was convinced into trying out our service.
2.we would work together to share any commission made between 4/2 people.
3.learn day by day new products and service updates.
4. Best part was starting the day at work to keep a momentum going for more new goals.
Potential to make a living....
Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hope Mills, NCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: environment and customer interaction
Cons: charge backs and working weekends
Normal 8-5 schedule, including one closing shift per week. I have learned a lot about customer service. The managment is excellent and works with the employees when you are unable to cover your shift. The hardest part about the job is the amount of days you have to devote to working. You have to work weekends to make money and meet quota. I personally – more... prefer to work during the week so I can spend time with my children. The most enjoyable part of the job is the joy of selling someone a phone and they are genuinally happy! – less
Good but Young Company
Sales (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 18, 2013
Pros: good commission structure, good product
Cons: mediocre benefits, job stability
Good company with great pay, but be prepared to work harder than you have every worked before. Benefits are ok at best, and sales fluctuate greatly.

If you make it into a leadership role, which are few in far between, the company is still young and the HR department is almost non-existent. A lot of development and growth need to happen still.

You – more... can make great money if you can sell! – less
Great department to work in
Advertising Assistant/Coop Coordinator (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 5, 2013
Pros: great work environment in the advertising department
Cons: changes regularly based on the extra spending habits of customers.
Manage advertising projects from promotional items for special events to print jobs. Coordinated media drops with sales and grand opening events. Made sure the signage both internally and externally met the Verizon guidelines through their co-op program. Worked with vendors in different industries to help ensure our stores had a similar feel from coast – more... to coast with out paying a fortune.

I learned what is involved with a well planned and timed media campaign; with advertising and marketing. I learned how to negotiate the price based on size of orders and the amount of business I would do with a vendor, realizing its okay to ask for that discount. Initiated a change with the company that provided our company logoed material saving $100,000's. – less
Awesome Place for Sales People
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2013
Pros: work life balance. great leaders. fun atmosphere.
Cons: there will be some drive time.
Great place to work for serious sales people that want to work.
Overall good atmosphere, with work life flexibility and uncapped earning potential.
Sales Professional (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 27, 2013
Pros: flexibility, compensation
Cons: every coin has two sides
Is a great opportunity to grow as a sales professional. If you can make it through the sytems training and pledge period. It is a position of responsibility and team work.

June 6, 2013

Flexibility, lets try unfair Labor practices. How do you work with staff that are not getting paid and have a poor attitude. Lets talk about Potential. Might have been different along time ago but not now.

They gave me a chance
Team Lead (Current Employee), Aberdeen, NCMay 22, 2013
Pros: great earnings potential
Cons: it will not be given to you, you must work
I see a lot of negative things about this job and company. All I know is 5 years ago I had no job and because I was over 50 no one would even consider talking to me. Well Cellular Sales did and it saved my life. No where else could I have gone and made a 6 figure income. They got my life back in the groove!!!
Excellent Opportunity
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Knoxville,tnMay 22, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, great earnings, co workers
Cons: recent changes
Cellular Sales affords the opportunity for a strong work/life balance along with great earning potential.
Excellent Opportunity
Sales professional (Current Employee), North CarolinaMay 22, 2013
This has been a wonderful opportunity, I love the freedom that this opportunity has given me. They provide the best commission structure in the industry, and I have really enjoyed the team based selling environment.
Good people to work for
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 8, 2013
Cellular Sales is a good place to work with a great product. Employee cooperation is a key in any successful business and this company is no stranger to that concept.
Terrible just terrible
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee), harford& baltimore county cellular sales.May 6, 2013
Pros: a chance to sue an employer for stealing from you
Cons: compensation, benefits, culture / values, job security / advancement, management, work / life balance they break every rule.
I am a strong sales person who has never been cheated by any employer until I worked for CSOKI (cellular sales of knoxville inc.). This company not only steals money from their employees every paycheck but also overcharges customers for equipment. There is NO reason why a consumer should prefer the business model of CSOKI over a corporate Verizon store, – more... I know that the corporate stores are busier... Just call customer service if you have a problem and go to best buy when you purchase equipment if you're in a rush (at least you get a great deal). If you're a fantastic liar and you would like to work for fantastic liars then this is the perfect job for you. $0.00 per hour and no paycheck for 2 months straight and don't be late because they're actually stupid enough to fire free employees ROFL. This company is hated by nearly every one of their employees because they will not set you up for success within the company. They will continue weeding out applicants (they gave 100 people jobs in 4-5 months and fired nearly all of them right after christmas 2012) until they find total sales robots that want to work all day every day, and if you expect a nice paycheck this is the only way to get one and stay on the companies good side. Which brings me to my last point; you will have ZERO job security with this company it's a lot of factors that make it so but for starters they're basically hosting Americas best salesperson contests to see who can stay with the company the longest based on commission earned, If you have a life and like it that way this is not the job for you. I haven't worked for CSOKI since 02/2013 and I waited a while to make this post because I don't just want to disparage the company out of anger. I want people to see what the company has done to its own name by treating customers and employees like throw away trash. A side note: no matter how your employment is terminated you will not get unemployment insurance from these liars. They terminated about a dozen positions and told UI that we were all late to work too many times. These guys just break every rule of a good employer/ employee relationship, and when you show up to work 6-12 or more hours and make $5 or less for your time you'll feel like you work in a sweat shop. On top of that last statement if you do end up making no money on a shift the bosses will harass you and fire you for it even though its their fault the phones are nearly 50 dollars more than other stores, some of which are opened and used before selling them to customers. The accessories are cheaply made in china and sold as premium products ABOVE premium pricing ($40 car chargers, real cheap ones). So yeah, just an overall horrible business model for customers and employees to have to deal with. This company will also hold you personally accountable for missing phones and accessories if you worked anytime before during or after the discovery of the missing items. This company will charge you if you make errors regarding customer transactions. This company will take your pay without even letting you know. This company is so dishonest I hardly believe that ANY of my paychecks from day 1 were accurate. They offered to "pay" everyone for the trip to NJ for training .. I think I got like 15 dollars, which doesn't even cover the tolls. – less
Fun but not for everyone
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), CasselberryApril 29, 2013
Pros: you control your own destiny in store, you work with great people
Cons: no guaranteed money, driving all over florida
It's a 100 percent commission job that completely relies on the location that you are working at. The company is short on employees that work in the Melbourne area, so some of the other employees that live an hour and a half away are forced to drive out there with no guarantee that you will make any money.

July 7, 2013

I doubt a sales manager would openly complain about driving out to melbourne.

Terrible no matter which way you look at it.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Annapolis, MarylandApril 26, 2013
Pros: you sometimes get free phones off of customers, the other sales reps are good people
Cons: no lunch breaks, terrible management structure, bad pay, feels like the company doesn't care about you
When I first started working for this company it came off as a very professional organized business. I could not be more wrong about my impressions.

When you first start work you are employed by a company called "Snelling Staffing Services". This company pays you before employment at Cellular Sales so they are not obligated to hire you if you didn't – more... do well in training. The hourly wage I received in training was $10/hour and you trained for 30-40 hours a week. During the 2 week training period the first week is local training by the company recruiting director at a local store. This week is teaching you about the CSOKI system and company history. The second week you will travel either flight or car to your nearest national training facility which in my case was Glassboro, New Jersey. I know of some other training facilities which are Knoxville, TN (Company HQ) and Orlando, FL. During this week you learn about Verizons phones, plans and services. During training you have off on weekends. On the first Monday back from national training I was included in what was deemed Regional Director day where you meet the regional directors of your market and they discuss what the company standards all. Up to this point all was good and I was extremely motivated to get selling.

Little did I know how difficult it would be to make a decent paycheck at Cellular Sales. When you sell a cell phone you essentially make 50 percent of the profit off the phone. The other 50 percent goes to the company. So if an iPhone costs $760 and you sell it for $860 without a contract you will make $50 or 5.0 VAPs as CSOKI refers to it. Sounds good right? Well, when you sell a phone while you're working you must share that sale with all of the co-workers also working on shift at that time. So if you're working with just 1 other person, you're down to $25 or 2.5 VAPs. Not terrible, but what happens if you don't hit the minimum sales standards of the company? Take 20% out of that and you're down to $20. Still not too bad, but wait IF they were on a contract and they deactivate their service you get charged back that money out of your next paycheck.

You are required to wear a suit and tie to work to look professional and at your best at all times. There is a professional cleaning crew who cleans the store once a week, but you are also expected to mop, clean the restrooms, sweep, vacuum, and take out trash at the end of the night to keep the store well kept. All while in some of your nicest clothes.

In my market, you are required to attend a once a month mandatory non-paid sales meeting that is 30 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes from your residence at 9:15pm in your work attire even if you don't work that day. It lasts for 1 to 2 hours and if you do not attend this meeting you will be suspended for 1 to 3 days of work or terminated if this is a second or third offense.

Also in my market, you are required to attend what is called minimum standards class which is if you do not sell what the company expects of you in a given month. This meeting is usually a half an hour away and at 7 in the morning for an hour. This is also non-paid and mandatory if you did not hit minimum sales standards.

In March of 2013 I sent a message to my market about picking up shifts so I can hit the minimum standards of the company. I was replied to with a nasty message back from my sales coach (person responsible for making sure everyone is selling everything they can as much as they can) saying I can not pick up any shifts right now because we have a bunch of new representatives joining the team and all the shifts will be offered to those reps first. I missed hitting minimum standards, but was I still expected to attend the meeting despite my attempt to pick up shifts to meet my expectations? Absolutely. The best part of this? Our sales coach hasn't hit minimum sales standards in 6 months. After 3 months in a row you are subject to termination. Why is she still here?

The only good part of this company is the benefits are good. Inexpensive and lots of coverage options.

The management of this company expects you to completely ditch your personal life. You will have almost no personal time if you expect to make decent money. To make $20,000 or more a year you would need to put in at least 60 hours a week.

Overall, this company is a joke. You make no hourly wage so you can sit for a 7-10 hour shift and make absolutely no money. I'm not sure about you, but that doesn't pay my bills every month. The management is coming and going once every few months. Only about 50% of the people who worked here when I started are still here and it's only been 4 months. That should tell you something.

Unprofessional, sneaky, expensive, and overall mediocre company to work for. – less
Unless you like to work 60+ hours a week its a waste of your time
Sales executive (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandApril 22, 2013
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: everything else!
Absolutely not worth it. The only way to make good money is working 60+ hours a week. Having said that your pay check is totally unreliable. You get paid once a month (if you can make it through the first 3 months without seeing a dime, yes your pay is delayed 3 months from the date you are hired) and you never know what "deductions" will be coming – more... out. As with any 100% commission job, if a sale does not stick you are charged back the commission you made. Not only does this company do just that, you are also charged for the equipment loss. At times you end up owing double to original amont you made on the sale.
Advancement is a joke. Cellular Sales is the only company I know that offers "promotions" with no additional pay. "The fact you get to pick your own schedule will be your compensation for your new position" First you already get to hand pick your own schedule, Second a company should'nt have to sell you on a promotion. And for those lucky few that do get some sort of "compensation" for the additional work they take on by accepting the new position, don't get to comfortable with the extra $$. At any given moment you could get a call or go to a meeting just to hear why you are not worth the small amount they do pay you but are expected to do the same amount of work "for the good of the company". – less

May 6, 2013

well said mate.

Excellent opportunity for the person who wants their own business feeling but with out the overhead
Wireless Consultant / Trainer (Current Employee), BirminghamApril 17, 2013
Pros: no micromanagement and full benefits
Cons: paid once a month
I have been a Verizon agent for 10 years prior to working for Cellular Sales and in my eyes this a great opportunity for a business owner to have his own business and not have to deal with the inventory and overhead because Cellular Sales takes care of that for you. To the average sales person it may seem to be misleading but it is a great position – more... to make what you want to make as a sales person. You can't just wait for foot traffic. Sometimes you need to follow up and produce leads but its no different than owning your own stores and having to drive traffic. The owner of this company is a genius in the way things are handled. – less

April 22, 2013

This comment has some truth to it but is out dated. When everyone was a 1099 contractor in 2011 it absolutely was like owning your own business but since the switch to full time employees this is not the case. This is one of the most missleading parts of Cellular Sales. They still pitch the company like the employees have the freedom of being contractors.

Misleading, Unreilable, Unprofessional
Cellular Sales Executive (Former Employee), Easton MDApril 5, 2013
Pros: money was good at times.
Cons: unreliable, misleading
Inventory, Customer Service/Sales, Inventory and Lock up.
Great Place to work; Basically you are your own Boss
Expert Sales Account Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 20, 2013
Pros: make your own schedule (work/ life balanced)
Cons: commission base
Cellular Sales is a Prime Dealer for Verizon. Stores are located through out USA. In Houston they have up to 35 Locations and increasing every year. I am working and going to HCC, company make my schedule as required and I am very happy working for this company.

About Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales is the nation's largest premium Verizon Wireless retailer and our mission is to provide an unparalleled customer – Read more

Cellular Sales Photos