Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: you can lose money working here, poor mgmt.
Stay away!! After 3 plus years of working for Cellular Sales my pay has dropped to under $30k per year after starting out at over $50k. (minus $3880 in "Deacts" this year. 2013) Verizon is to blame for some of the decrease due to lowered commissions, loss of annual upgrades, marketing toward prepaid/no contract, and the Iphone, but ALL loss from Cellular Sales is passed down to the sales reps.
1. You WILL be charged full retail for missing/stolen accessories and phones. Unbelievable!
2. An iphone pays $50 but if it deacts you WILL be charged $300. Unbelievable!
3. If a customer cancels a line of service or fails to pay their bill for 181 days after the sale, you WILL be charged back not only the commissions, but the cost of the phone as well. Unbelievable!
4. My market alone has went through over 100 sales reps in a 3 year time period. No one stays much longer than a year. Usually once the deacts hit, they start dropping. It will take around 4-6 months to start seeing the deacts.
5. I work other jobs part time now to make ends meet. The flexibility of schedule is the ONLY reason I have stayed at all.
6. Every rep was mailed a letter 2 years ago to join a class action lawsuit against Cellular Sales for labor law infractions. They were also forced to make all former "self employed contractors" into employees due to the amount of lawsuits and the IRS.
7. You WILL drive a lot, work evenings and weekends and some Holidays to make any decent money. They love to get you to do things such as errands, 7 a.m. trainings,dropping off returns, etc for FREE!! Very cheap people and disrespectful at times.
8. Finally, if you are desperate for a job (as I was) Cellular Sales will give you a job and you will make a little money. Just go into it with your eyes open and knowing that there is no longer a future with this company.
I hope this helps someone.