Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Perfect Place Perfect Time...
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2017
So far I have enjoyed my time with Cellular Sales and looking forward to advancing within the Comp.. I have seen several changes for the better and continue to see more.. The future with Cellular Sales is always evolving for the better...
Pros
set your shifts, Great Teamwork, Fun place to work, and many more...
Cons
they do not out weight the Pros..... :)
Great place to work and competitive pay!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2017
I've worked for a total of three different indirect Verizon retailers. Cellular Sales has the highest pay out of the three, only place you can make your own schedule, there is no micromanaging, everyone is helpful and nice, and management is great. I've been here about 10 months so far and have really enjoyed it. Cellular sales is a great place to work.
Pros
Make your own schedule and great employees
Great Employees. Needs adjustment to leadership
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 17, 2017
If you are a go getter and are willing to make calls and prospect small business for appointment sales, this could be a very lucrative career choice. If you clerk and sit in the store waiting for magic to happen, you may be sorely let down... and then let go. On the store front they over-staff and there is little collaboration with leadership. They have more of a lead by fear approach than servant leadership which is how the job was when I started. Very disappointed in the direction of the company.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits, Relaxed schedule, Professional training
Cons
Bad leadership
Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 15, 2017
Was manipulated from the beginning into thinking advancement in the company was an easy progression. Also that your easily going to earn over 3k a month , barely got close to 1,200 after I finally got out of my draw. $1800 dollars you initially owe the company for paying you a $10 hourly rate. This company is a joke don't work for them
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
No customers, all tech issues, all commission, you owe the company money until you can make over 3500 in one month impossible!
A Great Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 11, 2017
This is one of the best jobs I have ever had. There is so much opportunity to grow personally and financially. Love the focus on serving other people!
Pros
Great culture, growth opportunities and financial freedom
Cons
100% commission, but to those who work hard....this is atually a Pro.
productive and inspirational career
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 11, 2017
I have never worked for a place like Cellular Sales before. The culture is so motivational and just like family. Everyone, especially those in higher positions, wants you to become the best person you can be inside and outside of the job. Scheduling is flexible, you make your own schedule. Incredible opportunity here. 100% commission.
Pros
Schedule, management, oppotunity, growing market, client base, great money
Awesome place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
It was a great opportunity to meet new people. Good place to work and the money is pretty good too if you know how to sell...... For the most pat the managers are ok and they will help you grow in the company.
Great People
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  East TennesseeFebruary 26, 2017
Cellular Sales is a great place to work! The culture in East Tennessee is great, with everyone having similar ideas and goals. Work/life balance is great since you set your own schedule, and you determine what you make.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
low pay during training
Fantastic Culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  East TNFebruary 24, 2017
This is the place to work if you want to be surrounded by positive thinking and encouragement. They truly want you succeed here and give you the tools to do so. It teaches you not only how to be successful but how to best serve everyone you come into contact with.
Pros
Exciting fast paced work environment
Learned a lot about cell phones
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria CAFebruary 21, 2017
The things that i liked about this job was that i learned a lot about cell phones and how to be a good customer service person. I learned how to activate the plans for cell phones
Interesting place to work
Sales Representative/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 21, 2017
Cellular Sales provides great entry level opportunity to learn the sales process. It will hone your interpersonal skills to be able to interact with clients on a daily basis. There is no direct management, which is a gift and a curse. You are allowed some freedom to think for yourself and correct any mistakes that may arise. But, with no direct management, you are left somewhat on your own to figure things out with no expertise to rely on. The overall workplace environment is very relaxed. The co-workers are amazing and you need to rely on them constantly in this ever changing field. The hardest part of the job is being at the mercy of the retail market. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is a relaxed atmosphere with a bunch of great people.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No management and low inventory
Fun and flexible schedule
Cellular Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Fun and flexible schedule. I am only exploring my options if I move closer to family, in California. I am happy with this company however Medical/pharma is my core preferred environment.
Pros
Flex shedule.
Cons
Unpredictable flow of traffic and income.
100% commission
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 16, 2017
This job is 100% commissioned sales. If you can hustle, enjoy working with (often) irate and irrational customers, and can identify opportunities to turn customer service into a sale, then this job is for you.

If you are a helper at heart, have a soft spot for the elderly, and are not interested in telling a white lie here and there in order to make a sale, you will eventually begin to hate this job.
Pros
great coworkers, hands off management
Cons
convoluted pay structure, no advancement opportunity, irate customers
Great Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2017
Cellular Sales is a great place to work and gain professional sales experience. Although there is not a lot of room for advancement you are able to make a lot of money and get paid for the effort that you put in.
Pros
Money, Flexibility
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Corrupt Sales
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Lots of fraud involved with the stl's/managers. They train their employees to commit fraud on a daily basis. Managers continuously throw their employees under the bus so that they (the managers) look good to the corporate "leaders". Complete joke. Corrupt Sales, unprofessional, childish people to work for. The company will charge YOU, the employee, if a phone goes missing or accessory. Horrible, disgusting place. The corporate "leaders" in Richmond are illiterate, petty, naive, inexperienced children.
Pros
Non
cellularsales
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2017
you have to work alot of hours to make your numbers. location in san antonio was a hit or miss. only 10 percent of the workforce makes quota.
a work place with little micro-managing
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAFebruary 2, 2017
This was the type of job where you could make as much as you want to make and as little as you want to make. A typical work day is 8 hours but coud easily turn into more depending on if your working on a sale with a customer. The hardest part about the job was keeping up on the promotions because they changed weekly and sometimes even from one day to the next. The only thing in regards to management is I wish there was someone there to hold us accountable or give us better structure on a more regular basis.
Third party seller for Verizon
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 27, 2017
We were 3rd party vendors for Verizon, so when we sold anything it had to be shared with all the sales people on duty that day. Because of this, you had to keep an eye on the daily sales and confirm you had been shared on them.
Pros
I was familiar with wireless sales
Cons
You had to travel to Fulton, Osage Beach, and Jefferson City to work.
If you're going to work here -- DON'T
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 25, 2017
Awful management, unethical, discrimination is rampant and all of these were addressed with management - what a waste of time. if customers deactivated, the company charged us for the whole dealer price of the phone. Ex. if I sold an iphone, I made $50. But if the customer deactivated -- the company charged us $500.00. Somehow, this math doesn't work itself out right.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
Friendly environment with help to grow
Wireless Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2017
This company is the best for Verizon Wireless products. Customer service excels the traditional phone store experience. The draw back is that it is 100% commission. No customers, no money. Spend most of your day prospecting trying to get people into the store. You travel to your stores (8-9 of them depending on your region). If merchandise goes missing on your watch, you and your co-workers pay for it. The company does not help at all!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7