Cellular Sales Employee Reviews in United States

Great atmosphere and wonderful team to work with that keeps you motivated daily to do your best!
Verizon Premium Wireless Retailer (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 21, 2015
Customer Service, Reviewing Customer Accounts, Selling, Negotiation, Multitasking, Answering phone calls, Keeping clients for Life.
good work enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2015
Enjoy the people I work with and the competitive atmosphere. Every day is different from the day before. huge opportunity for growth.
Pros
uncapped commission
Screwed me over
Wireless & Home Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAOctober 8, 2015
I worked here for 2 years and although it was easy going, there are things this company does that should be, of not are, downright illegal. Charge backs are the phones full price (iphone 6s=$659.99) taken right out of your commission, in which I hear they claim on insurance anyway. They make you scan inventory EVERYDAY, only to take what was missing that day, out of your paycheck. There is no easy way to view your pay statement either. Horrible medical benefits included as well. 1 emergency room visit cost me close to $1000
That's not all though, the back office messed up on my tax form costing me close to $1000 owed to the IRS. When I confronted them, they fired me, and denied my unemployment. Lucky for me, I told unemployment services what happened and was approved. yeah...."lucky"
The part that gets me is all throughout my time working there, any incorrect paperwork on my behalf and they would deny commissions. So basically, they would not compensate me for their own error (which hurt my pockets pretty bad) yet would not compensate us if we made one. There is one things they are good at, that would be not compensating people. I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody, even a mortal enemy.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Grande, FLOctober 3, 2015
• Cellular Sales is an authorized retailer for Verizon Wireless so our main responsibility is to uphold the Verizon brand and outstanding customer service that is associated with the company’s name
• Listen to the customer’s needs, wants, concerns, and place then in a phone/ plan that best suits them
• Demonstrate all phones, products, and accessories so that the customer feels comfortable with using them and to determine if it is indeed a correct fit
• Look up accounts per customer’s request to insure that they are paying and using the correct amount or minutes/ data and other times without customer’s request to further help customers
• “scrub customer accounts to also insure all accounts including much older ones aren’t being charged more than they should be
Pros
Great hours and travel. Ability to make your own schedule
Cons
Travel could some days be a far as two and a half hours
cellular sales is good place but unless you are working several locations you can't make money
Wireless Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 27, 2015
Not a bad place to work but you definitely have to have the drive to sell the products.. I personally lliked the personable experience with customers. I was able to get to know my clients and that alone made me love my job.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Hours sucked
poor management
Operation Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 24, 2015
This company is only out for the bottom line of making money. They do not care about there employees and are always threating their jobs
Best Sales/ most flexible job ever!
General Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  jacksonville/savannahSeptember 24, 2015
Great place: Very Transparent with all pay and Commissions: a REAL sales persons dream.

Family environment with a fast paced, always changing product line.
Pros
No micromanagement and you have a team that holds each other accountable.
Cons
No micromanagement. Some people need more structure :)
fun adn exciting place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, NJSeptember 24, 2015
management was awesome meting new people that are down for the summer and helping them with there needs everyone that worked in the boardwalk mall was awesome also and fun environment to be
Pros
friendly people awesoem dicounts
Cons
no cons
Self managed
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 8, 2015
One of the most exciting and productive places I have ever worked at. Make your own schedule and take vacations anytime of the year.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Flexible and laid back place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 3, 2015
Flexible hours. Great for college students. Opportunity to make your own schedule. Laid backed environment. Growing company with plenty room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee/manager relationship, fitness center on site
Full of Great Opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2015
One of the best opportunities I have been blessed with in my professional career. Great cultural is being built. Good chances for advancement with the correct work ethic and mentality.
productive & GREAT ATMOSPHERE
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INAugust 30, 2015
Very proactive, good atmosphere, challenging, understanding, great vacation pay, sick pay, offers benefits. Great working hours with home schedule.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
to far from home
Ever changing technology fueled environment
Regional Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Southeast GeorgiaAugust 28, 2015
Goal posts were always moving:- kept sales reps on their toes. Some training provided, but most PK came from co-workers.
They paint an amazing picture... But definitely have too much going on to care about what's happening in store...
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, waAugust 12, 2015
Be very careful when you apply to this place...if you do make sure you do not expect ethical and legal practices. Watch out for pressure to add things like nfl mobile to customers bills without customer knowledge. When you hear "we practice love and culture" just know it's a LIE! You can serve up decent numbers but if you have a conscious at all this is not the job for you.
Cons
Be ready to get screwed on travel...
Not a very good work life balance
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tri CitiesJuly 29, 2015
Your typical day was driving to a various location to work open to close. You couldn't really have a lunch break because you had to be there to make a sale
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Most everything
Great place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2015
100% commission is very difficult, no matter what company! C.S has a very fair draw program.
The management is very good.
Pros
Managers, pay draw
Cons
more customer service than sales
2, 1/2 yrs - present 100% Commission
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2015
I've been with this compay for awhile now, and have seen ALOT! The thing I have seen alot of, is that when 1 rep is negative about any thing, then that spreads to more reps. The worst thing you can do, is let the people you work with determine your outcome. This is strictly commission and I love it. If you dont have will power then you are not cut out.

Every thing that you do working here has its own outcome, and is completely up to you. You are your own boss in a big way. This job is very very rewarding. Keep your eye on the money and your mind in the right place. (Note: most of the negative reviews here, we're most likely written by a rep who didn't cut it, a rep that made excuses for their own mistakes.)

Basically my point is, if some one working here is complaining vs actually having a real problem, then it could also bring you down mentally. This type of coworker is every where and at every job, and they will effect your work flow if you let them. I will note, not all employees who work here are bad or negative, there are alot of really great people who work here. All it takes is 1 bad rep to spoil the rest.

The commission is based on a share system. If a customer walks in the store and you sell them a phone for example, then the commissions will be shared with whom is on floor with you. If you set an appointment with a customer prior to them walking in, then the commission is all yours. If you work with people who complain and are unmotivated then they will make less sales, making YOU less money. Before that scares you, there is a really great upside to this.
  more... If you sell any item that is a No-Share item then no matter if the customer walks in or is set as an appointment, then the commissions are all yours no matter what.

With this being said, most of what I have talked about so far have been the other reps.. Why? Because it is the biggest thing that could get in your way. I have continued to make really great earnings, $10,000 to $6,000 months back to back to back to back w/ great bonuses. If you come in to work determined with a strong will, then you can accomplish anything you set out on.

The management is the management.. so treat them with some sort of respect, just do it. They are all very cool.

Also, if you are hired in the Austin, San Antonio, and in the surrounding areas, remember my initials E.M. and call me up. I have become very knowledgeable of the work and the work life, and I will help you with anything.
Pros
Your own boss, your own money. Good/positive coworkers.
Cons
Bad/negative coworkers.
great place
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 6, 2015
A great place to work with good people however the commute got to be a problem with the rising cost of gas and the traffic. I Would recommend this company to anyone.
Unethical and abusive to their customers and sales people.
Sales representative. (Former Employee) –  San Antonio and surrounding areas.June 26, 2015
Meet and greet customers.
Help them with their requests and issues.
My co-workers were OK but remember this is a commission only position so it's wise to keep an eye on them.
The different stores that I worked at were all very stressful and the employees always anxious about their earnings and job security.
This is a dog-eat-dog environment and management approves and encourage this type of mentality and behavior.

I enjoyed helping the customers but hated the way management was always looking to screw them and their own sales reps over in order to make more profits.
Pros
Helping customers.
Cons
Reign of Terror type management, not interested in the best interest of their customers, or their needs. All about making more money no matter what one had to do.
Earn your own paycheck
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2015
Sell consumer and commercial accounts the wireless products we had to offer along with accessories. Wide diverse range of individuals to work with and many different approaches to the sales process. Many excellent trainings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5