Cellular World Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Enjoyable place to work
STORE MANAGER/ SALES ASOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 1, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Everyone is helpful. Everyonet is always helpful with training and furthering your knowledge. Great of learning skills for communicating with people
It's a job
Business Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 28, 2017
constantly changed expectations, low pay, bad benefits, slowly lowered how much they paid you, high expectations for little reward, bad management. Not worth the time.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
everything else
over all wonderfull company and great place to work
Store Manager/ District Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 2, 2017
Typical work day
Daily operations , Inventory , scheduling, hitting daily sales goals , customer care ,
What I learned great management skills , motivation
Work culture , Team environment commitment to hard word
communication , coach
The hardest part of my Job
Leaving
The most enjoyable part of my job
Customers, coworkers , the company as a whole
Pros
people I worked with
Cons
Leaving
Relocation
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 7, 2017
I have had to move due to the field I worked in with At&t, it was a job I was very good at and enjoyed very much so. It was after years of customer service and peaking in management at young age I decided to go back to college and get a career doing something I love for my future.
I worked there for 5 years to have my pay dropped in half due to a buy out by spring mobile
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMarch 27, 2017
Spring Mobile took over and cut our commission was dropped to half as well as dropped our base pay from 8 hourly to 7.25 hourly. I went from making a living to barely living. I don't see how they can do that to people.
Pros
Cons
buy outs
Hourly Job
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 24, 2017
Job was fun and learned valuable sales skills. Management was not willing to mentor and train employees properly at times. Had to train yourself most of the time.
So So
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, TXMarch 23, 2017
It was honestly one of my favorite jobs because of the people I worked with and the customers I got to see, once they became my regulars we had laughs and at the same time I was able to provide them with solutions. Great company.
Store Manager
Senior Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day is to motivate my sales team and make sure the store runs smooth. The hardest part of the job will to keep all your employees motivated on the bad days. The easiest part of the job is sales and making the customers happy.
Pros
working with people and watching your sales team succeed
Cons
retail hours
Fun place to work.
Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29405January 25, 2017
I really loved working at this place. I learned all types of skills. I would recommend this place to anyone who asked about them.
Great atmosphere, very nice customers and co-workers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSOctober 20, 2016
Had a great time working there for the couple mouths, the business closed down, due to revue loses. I gained a plethora of experience from this company, such as time management skills, customer service skills, etc. I really love working around positive people.
Cellular World
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great company to be employed. A typical day I would review utility bills and other invoices that require payment. Code and prepare checks to be approved. When we acquire new stores, it is my responsibility to set up utility accounts, property tax title, and business licenses.

Co-worker are great to work with. We would all work together and share information to help with each other's issues. Also great to chat with if you need a break from the mundane work. The company officers would host little events to give free lunches or tasty snacks. This is always nice because you will not have to pack a lunch that day and you get to congregate with other people in the office.

I learned a lot about accounting and operations. I have acquired experience, knowledge, and skills to help me further my career in accounting. The company taught me the importance of accounts payable, accuracy to detail, and journal entries. I have also gained experience in how parts of the company should operate to improve efficiency and minimize costs.
Pros
Flexible hours and good pay
Cons
Filing and Papercuts
Honest Leadership is key
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXJuly 8, 2016
I started and were very excited because of the new opportunity. I felt the position was enjoyable and I had success at the position. I soon loved coming in and learning my management duties on the fly while training. I love that type of learning. I was asked to transfer to a nearby store 40 min away, before I was even hired. I were definielty excited everyday for Manor to finally open our store. It opened and we had amazing success. Few months pass, sales are not what they once were, and suddenly our voices really made zero difference when speaking to higher ups. These were awesome individuals as a people, but the leadership wasn't genuine and fair. Leading and coaching by fear does nothing but stress someone out, or make them rebel. If you're a person who has knowledge about cellular products and have a high interest for it, this position is possibly for you. Always remember your voice has meaning.
Pros
healthcare, benefits, new bonus structure, problem solving
Cons
Leadership, accountability, work enviornment, coaching
Complete joke
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Allston, MAJuly 5, 2016
Definitely wish I did more in depth research before my interview. Started off great and things are now going to shambles. Understaffed and trying to get days off [which you informed them of prior to hire] is like cooking up a quarrel to start WW3. Management is trash. Corporate is clueless. HR staff are far from friendly. Don't let the "plenty of room for growth" speal fool you. This company does more lay offs than promotions. Thank me later.
Pros
Bonuses, if you make enough points to get them
Cons
Everything. Pay, hours, management
over-all a great company, however..
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAJuly 3, 2016
.. recent policy changes are the reasdon I felt that I had to quit;
this might be just a local issue, not sure--
for 7 years it was the best job ever, the last year due to internal policy shifts and constant changes in compensation.. the job became less desireable.
Pros
job security - but recently less so...
Cons
manipulative supervisor, a nice guy, likeable..but preferred controlling through manipulation rather than honest conversation.
It's a great place to work if you like to talk to people and want to help them make a decision in technology.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 29, 2016
On a typical work day I would make sure all products that need to be on display were up or if we needed live demos, they would be up and running. My mangers were awesome, I still go back to the store when I have questions about my AT&T bill or want to say hi to old coworkers. The a hardest part of being there would be trouble shooting a phone issue when the customer would want to tell you what they did to their phone before it started to act up. This would lead me to look into all general issues before I would find out what setting had been changed or if they had gone to a site and it downloaded an app without them noticing.
Pros
I got to meet many buissness men who would motivate me to move forward
Cons
Some times employees would try and steal a sale from you
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJune 2, 2016
Worked for alot of companies over the years. This one seems to a good one. Policies are standard. Management is concerned about your success and supports their team. Clear path in place for leaders and associates to balance work & home. Pay will very based on the effort put forth to be successful and to learn from the leadership in place. This position is base plus commission which an average associate can make over $15 per hr conistantly. Full Benefits.
Pros
Fast pace, fun environment, with the opportunity to develop with in the company.
Cons
Weekends & Most Holidays
Joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 16, 2016
Worked for this company for almost 3 years and didn't receive a raise, actually received a pay cut when commission structure was changed. Do the same work as corporate employees but don't receive any of the benefits! (Ex. Full price DTV, less hourly pay, less commission, and terrible benifits) Goals are set up to be unrealistic! Company is a joke! Work/Life balance doesn't exist.
Pros
Enjoyed my co workers
Cons
Very low pay compared to Industry standard.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 13, 2016
Decent leadership within the area, but zero direction from the top. Company ran by accountants. Extremely low paying compared to Industry Standards. Extreme lack of communication from Home Office. Probably the worst Authorized Retailer in the Industry.
Pros
AT&T Technology
Cons
Extremely low pay
unpredictability, unappreciative, destructive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monticello, KYMay 7, 2016
When I started the job it was great, we had an amazing store manager and she was the most helpful person if you needed it. We also had some of the best upper management that anyone could ask for. All of that changed for the worst last year when upper management changed. We are constantly getting nagged on for not hitting unrealistic goals, it's boot camps, and conference calls as well! Not to mention that you also aren't allowed a lot of hours and they aren't factoring in either of the two previously listed. I have seen sooooooooo many people come and go from this company just within the last year. Some of the best people who would do anything to help you have been leaving because of upper management. You're also threatened with corrective actions, PIP'S, and write ups for not hitting goals. Let's all be for real now, when you live in a small rural town where everyone is doing there best to barely scrape by, then you're not gonna sale the world. I wouldn't recommend this job for the fact that everything you do wrong will be pointed out, and again upper management is very power hungry.
Pros
Customers Are Amazing
Cons
No breaks, rarely any lunch breaks, destructive criticism
constantly changing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 26, 2016
typical work day most days are long when its dead, the commission used to be really good, but was recently down graded by 9% with no warning. the commission pay out changed 3 times within a year for the worst. upper management expects big numbers for small stores that dont get the traffic and hold reps and managers accountable for slow months. hours are not that bad but just as a worker feel very un-appreciated, and our store manager gets the worst of it as well, just very little respect for anyone under general management.
Pros
good hours
Cons
commission drops and disrespect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7