Cellular World Employee Reviews

Complete joke
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Allston, MAJuly 5, 2016
Definitely wish I did more in depth research before my interview. Started off great and things are now going to shambles. Understaffed and trying to get days off [which you informed them of prior to hire] is like cooking up a quarrel to start WW3. Management is trash. Corporate is clueless. HR staff are far from friendly. Don't let the "plenty of room for growth" speal fool you. This company does more lay offs than promotions. Thank me later.
Pros
Bonuses, if you make enough points to get them
Cons
Everything. Pay, hours, management
over-all a great company, however..
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAJuly 3, 2016
.. recent policy changes are the reasdon I felt that I had to quit;
this might be just a local issue, not sure--
for 7 years it was the best job ever, the last year due to internal policy shifts and constant changes in compensation.. the job became less desireable.
Pros
job security - but recently less so...
Cons
manipulative supervisor, a nice guy, likeable..but preferred controlling through manipulation rather than honest conversation.
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJune 2, 2016
Worked for alot of companies over the years. This one seems to a good one. Policies are standard. Management is concerned about your success and supports their team. Clear path in place for leaders and associates to balance work & home. Pay will very based on the effort put forth to be successful and to learn from the leadership in place. This position is base plus commission which an average associate can make over $15 per hr conistantly. Full Benefits.
Pros
Fast pace, fun environment, with the opportunity to develop with in the company.
Cons
Weekends & Most Holidays
It's a great place to work if you like to talk to people and want to help them make a decision in technology.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 29, 2016
On a typical work day I would make sure all products that need to be on display were up or if we needed live demos, they would be up and running. My mangers were awesome, I still go back to the store when I have questions about my AT&T bill or want to say hi to old coworkers. The a hardest part of being there would be trouble shooting a phone issue when the customer would want to tell you what they did to their phone before it started to act up. This would lead me to look into all general issues before I would find out what setting had been changed or if they had gone to a site and it downloaded an app without them noticing.
Pros
I got to meet many buissness men who would motivate me to move forward
Cons
Some times employees would try and steal a sale from you
Joke
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 16, 2016
Worked for this company for almost 3 years and didn't receive a raise, actually received a pay cut when commission structure was changed. Do the same work as corporate employees but don't receive any of the benefits! (Ex. Full price DTV, less hourly pay, less commission, and terrible benifits) Goals are set up to be unrealistic! Company is a joke! Work/Life balance doesn't exist.
Pros
Enjoyed my co workers
Cons
Very low pay compared to Industry standard.
Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 13, 2016
Decent leadership within the area, but zero direction from the top. Company ran by accountants. Extremely low paying compared to Industry Standards. Extreme lack of communication from Home Office. Probably the worst Authorized Retailer in the Industry.
Pros
AT&T Technology
Cons
Extremely low pay
constantly changing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 26, 2016
typical work day most days are long when its dead, the commission used to be really good, but was recently down graded by 9% with no warning. the commission pay out changed 3 times within a year for the worst. upper management expects big numbers for small stores that dont get the traffic and hold reps and managers accountable for slow months. hours are not that bad but just as a worker feel very un-appreciated, and our store manager gets the worst of it as well, just very little respect for anyone under general management.
Pros
good hours
Cons
commission drops and disrespect
Honest Leadership is key
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXJuly 8, 2016
I started and were very excited because of the new opportunity. I felt the position was enjoyable and I had success at the position. I soon loved coming in and learning my management duties on the fly while training. I love that type of learning. I was asked to transfer to a nearby store 40 min away, before I was even hired. I were definielty excited everyday for Manor to finally open our store. It opened and we had amazing success. Few months pass, sales are not what they once were, and suddenly our voices really made zero difference when speaking to higher ups. These were awesome individuals as a people, but the leadership wasn't genuine and fair. Leading and coaching by fear does nothing but stress someone out, or make them rebel. If you're a person who has knowledge about cellular products and have a high interest for it, this position is possibly for you. Always remember your voice has meaning.
Pros
healthcare, benefits, new bonus structure, problem solving
Cons
Leadership, accountability, work enviornment, coaching
Cellular World
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great company to be employed. A typical day I would review utility bills and other invoices that require payment. Code and prepare checks to be approved. When we acquire new stores, it is my responsibility to set up utility accounts, property tax title, and business licenses.

Co-worker are great to work with. We would all work together and share information to help with each other's issues. Also great to chat with if you need a break from the mundane work. The company officers would host little events to give free lunches or tasty snacks. This is always nice because you will not have to pack a lunch that day and you get to congregate with other people in the office.

I learned a lot about accounting and operations. I have acquired experience, knowledge, and skills to help me further my career in accounting. The company taught me the importance of accounts payable, accuracy to detail, and journal entries. I have also gained experience in how parts of the company should operate to improve efficiency and minimize costs.
Pros
Flexible hours and good pay
Cons
Filing and Papercuts
High pressure, no recognition, No corporate accountability
Store manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day involves speaking with customers and building bigger sales. The customers are easily the best part of the job, most being entertaining and patient. The hardest part of the job is dealing with daily deficiencies of the internet and cellular connection. This makes life extremely difficult since we are supposed to be the ones providing these services. The company has known about these issues for a while and hasn't managed to fix them to date. Since the entire business revolves around using the internet to get services set up for customers and to ring them out, transactions take much longer than they should and occassionally result in much larger complications to which employees are held accountable.
Cons
Takes forever to get problems addressed or fixed
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 31, 2016
Only good thing is the commission, if you get it. Hourly is minimum wage. No raises, no praising hard work, no clue how to fix their own issues, extremely micro managed.
Pros
Commision
Cons
No raises, upper managment is clueless, very micro managed
Great Place to Work
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZNovember 17, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with bill payments, changes in phone plans, new phones/tablets, troubleshooting. Great management, great co workers.
The hardest part of the job was turning a bad situation between customer and company into a good one, because there are some tough people to convince out there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the look on a customers face after you have fixed a problem
Pros
Fun and upbeat environment
Cons
Some upset customers
Challenging and fun place to work
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Each day we were as a team challenged to meet and exceed our sales goals. As an AT&T Wireless seller there are at least a half dozen products besides mobile phones that were part of the sales process,
unpredictability, unappreciative, destructive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monticello, KYMay 7, 2016
When I started the job it was great, we had an amazing store manager and she was the most helpful person if you needed it. We also had some of the best upper management that anyone could ask for. All of that changed for the worst last year when upper management changed. We are constantly getting nagged on for not hitting unrealistic goals, it's boot camps, and conference calls as well! Not to mention that you also aren't allowed a lot of hours and they aren't factoring in either of the two previously listed. I have seen sooooooooo many people come and go from this company just within the last year. Some of the best people who would do anything to help you have been leaving because of upper management. You're also threatened with corrective actions, PIP'S, and write ups for not hitting goals. Let's all be for real now, when you live in a small rural town where everyone is doing there best to barely scrape by, then you're not gonna sale the world. I wouldn't recommend this job for the fact that everything you do wrong will be pointed out, and again upper management is very power hungry.
Pros
Customers Are Amazing
Cons
No breaks, rarely any lunch breaks, destructive criticism
Completely Hidden
RETAIL STORE LEADER (Current Employee) –  OklahomaDecember 17, 2015
I feel this company is so focused on the bottom line. They don't focus on building up their employees. Don't believe in raises.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay
Great entry level position to gain experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2015
The specific management I worked under did not motivate the sales teams effectively without scare tactics which made for a very stressful work environment.
Great environment and fun opportunity to help customers.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 14, 2015
I operate a point-of-sale cash register with daily transactions. I fully assist customers with their wireless and wireline phone accounts. This ranges from managing the bill, adding new lines of service, monitoring the usage of lines on the account, and offering other services that we offer other than what the customer currently has. My co-workers are true team players. We work well together getting unimaginable tasks done. The hardest part of my job is when I have done everything that I could do to help a customer and they seem to not be satisfied. I love helping people and building my clientele up for future business..
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, fun management, and updates on technology
Cons
slow periods of business
Awful.... Just plain awful!
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 30, 2015
As a manager you can work up to 60 hours a week so you have zero worklife balance. And don't expect to make more money even though you're working all those extra hours. And on top of the constant pressure from your bosses you also have to deal with the rude and annoying AT&T rep.
Professional Fun Work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 9, 2015
A typical day consists of selling phones, plans and accessories to the customers. Along with fixing tech issues and general upkeep of the store front. I learned how to provide extraordinary customer service through a 5 step process that I will take with me wherever I end up. The managers are very professional and kind, the same goes for my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to address a persons issue that is extremely emotional without letting your emotions get involved. This is a skill that I learned at this company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a product that people need and knowing that you helped them improve their life after they say you.
Pros
Working the Samsung Repps
Cons
Working Holidays
Fun and educational work place.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVJune 16, 2015
I worked for Cellular World for almost six years and disliked leaving them due to a move. The bosses were always very enthusiastic and creative when it came to learning new sales tactics and ways to motivate their employees.

2.4