CellularOne

CellularOne Employer Reviews

Proud to serve
Sales Rep / Store Manager (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I started as an ordnanceman, and progressed into a special forces team. I am very proud to have served this country.
Great company with many opporutnities for creativity and innovation
RF Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 24, 2013
Hired as Base Station Engineer (1991 – 1994).Promoted to RF Systems Engineer (1994 - 1996) to perform advanced RF functions
First experience with working in a customer service, call center environment.
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDAugust 19, 2013
Pros: non-standard shifts. opportunity to learn about mobile phone technology
Cons: non-standard shifts
I worked in the Activation Department for a mobile phone company. Agents and retailers would call to activate their mobile phones and I would take care of the rest (which included running a credit check on the end-user). It was rewarding to know that by the end of the call, the customer would be able to use their new phone immediately.

I was promoted – more... to the Save Team: Which was customer service provided to preferred customers who were considering leaving our product. Armed with additional customer incentives, my job was to convince the customer to stay. During this period I became a Team Leader in our Customer Service Department. – less
Largely Office Bureaucracy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gaylord, MIAugust 16, 2013
Basically learned a large majority of office bureaucracy from accounts payable assistance to cellular network data archiving via binder books (fun).
Great place to work , team work was a essential
Retail Account Executive (Former Employee), McAlester and surrounding SE OK marketJuly 9, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance, great benefits as a whole, wonderful place to work
Cons: traveling when their was lots of snow on ground
I loved my job with this company because I was out in the public every day building the business by opening new stores and managing these accounts to grow the business. Every day I left my house and traveled to a different location in my SE OK territory and I would coach, train and build rapport with my stores. I learned from this job how team work – more... and winning your team's support could make the company and myself very productive. The hardest part of my job was to hire new employees, due to the lack of enthusiasm so many showed, it was a very rewarding job. I loved my job and would have never left but company was bought out by a larger company and our customer service totally changed – less
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great work benefits
Cons: none i can think of
A typical day at work would be a busy mourning but slow evening. I learned a new work program, better communication skills, and how to trouble-shoot cell phones. Cellularone has great managers who will help you advance and give you all the hours you need. My co-workers were great and help me if I had any questions about our job duties and policies. – more... The hardest part of my job was trouble-shooting and the most enjoyable part of my job was resolving the customer's issue. – less
Great Place to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Independence, KSMay 27, 2013
Pros: everything
Loved everything about my job, co-workers, the company and upper management. Unfortunately they had to close their doors, so I ended up having to get a job somewhere else.
Productive workplace, strong goals within the company
Store Coordinator (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, IlMay 4, 2013
Pros: good location for sales
I feel while working as a manager I have learned to become a very strong leader. Everyone on my team has the strive to become better sales reps. I have learned that not only can you be involved with the customers in your store, but you can also help by being involved in the community as well.
Definitely a fun place to work for. I wish they had never sold out to AT&T.
Financial Serv Rep/Distribution Serv Team Lead (Former Employee), Lagrangeville, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: perks (massages, bonuses, parties, giveaway, etc.)
It was one of the few jobs that I have had that you looked forward to going to work most days. As demanding as the customer service field can be, they made every attempt to make it as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. They were always having different events where front office and back office personnel could socialize and get to know one another, – more... which fostered a feeling of family. They even formed a Fun Committee to organize different things around the office when anticipating moral may be low. They would also provide training for anything new that was being implemented at least two months before it was rolled out. Finally, they gave out monthly and quarterly bonuses based on productivity. I loved working there. – less
now called verizon
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), phoenixMarch 11, 2013
Pros: coding
now called verizon
great place to learn the c language for
motorola swtiches; and to be a part of a team that brought cellular to the valley
CellularONE, now AT&T
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 4, 2013
CellularONE ,Chicago,was a wonderful "small" company to work for. We were under 1000 employees when I started. It was a wonderful work environment, very personal. I was sorry for the reorgs that eventually eliminated my position.
Great place to work.
IT Technician (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: challenging, great benifits, great people to work with.
Cons: not large enough to ensure job positions.
The job here with CellONE is fantastic. My only complaint about this job is I wish the company wold grow to a bigger organization so job cuts would be a lot less than what they go through now. Over all the work is challenging and fun as well as the management are great at what they do and how they manage their employees.
New ownership not so good.
Area Director (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 15, 2012
Used to be a great work inviroment, since new company purchased not so much.
Fun, professional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), McAllen, TXOctober 2, 2012
Answered inbound Customer Servicen/Tier1 Tech support calls for CellularOne. Received fax
documents and setup meetings with stores for the customers. Managed
customer service calls for billing issues, payments, plan changes, or
other service needs.
Telecommunications
Customer Accounting Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2012
Working in the accounting department for a cellular phone company, managing customer accounts.
CellularOne (now Verizon Wireless) - A very Team Minded Culture
Local Sales Manager (Former Employee), Olathe, KSAugust 23, 2012
Pros: great people, from staff to ceo, very team oriented
Cons: lower than i'd like cap on commissions. pay based on avaialbilty of products.
Great people, benefits, and an awesome enviroment. I would be there still if I did not have such a high level of ambition.
Also, the owner of this paticular store.
Authorized Dealer (Former Employee), Missoula, MTApril 28, 2012
Pros: my employees, the work, sells, and being the owner/manager.
Cons: not a reliable source of income
I bought this store from the previous authorized dealer. Business was good. However, CellularONE stands no chance against AT&T or Verizon Wireless. When the iPhone was introduced to Missoula, I lost almost all of my customers and was forced to close my doors.
Overall good professional working experience and environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Office/Field BasedAugust 31, 2011
Overall, a good environment and professional experience for sales.