CellularOne Employee Reviews in United States

Got purchased by AT&T
Retail Sales Consultant I & II (Former Employee) –  North Pole, AKJune 14, 2016
Originally Dobson Cellular based out of Oklahoma City, OK, and was purchased by AT&T. The company no longer exists.

Not much else to say about them.
Great coworkers, terrible business strategy in Montana.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 9, 2016
The company went out of business in Montana due to their lack of adaptation to the changing technology in the cellular industry.
NOT a good work enviornment in Buffalo!!
retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, TXJanuary 21, 2016
NOT a good work place in Buffalo,TX!! Manager here is a JOKE!!! You will be accused of any and everything when really its the manager doing it all! I loved my customer's and my job, yet HATED the MANAGER and the way that she was crooked . Would not recommend it to anyone. Wages cut as well as hours and commission! In my time here there were 4 different employees walk out on this manager for different reasons all from various backgrounds.
Pros
customers
Cons
EVERYTHING
Job Duties
Sales Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXJanuary 18, 2016
This job required every sales representative to make sales by getting customers in the door and activating a 2 year contract with the company that will require them to save a lot of money on there cellphone bills. this job is a well fair job and great friendly environment.
**do not work here**
customer service rep (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 1, 2015
The worst place to work! Completely wasted my time here. Management sucks. There is absolutely no training what-so-ever. Your training is sitting with another rep and listening to them take calls. They are beyond picky when it comes to call monitoring. They will be quick to fail your call but not once do you get to go over why you failed or what you did wrong. We started out with 30+ employees and now down to about 6 reps and 2 horrible supervisors. It is ridiculous when a supervisor coaches you and tries to tell you how to do your job when they are sleeping on the job, doing drugs on the job, taking beer runs on the job and drinking that beer/alcohol while on the job. The one manager there does not listen to your input. It's her way or the highway. Not to mention the countless times she has trashed talked people behind their back. This has to be the most unprofessional work environment I have ever worked in. The company is slowly getting smaller and smaller and it's a matter of time before their doors close. There are better places with far better pay!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Working to help customers and thier cell phone needs
Arizona Temp (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZSeptember 14, 2015
I loved the people I worked with and for, enjoyed the environment I worked in, and loved helping the customers. I took customer payments, handled trouble tickets, data entry etc..
Best Company i ever worked for
Senior Installation/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 26, 2015
This company took a chance on me 19 years ago and they have supported me all the way, but companies change, policies and positions come and go. They were dedicated and responsive to their employees.
I wish i was still there, the customer was number one
Pros
customer and employee oriented
Cons
mergers
The Lie and Misrepresent
Care Plus/AR (Former Employee) –  McAllen TexasJuly 30, 2015
The one place I worked and regretted every accepting a position here. The most un-sociable and hostile environment I ever walked in too. HR will make you feel right at home first until you get on the floor and have to deal with management and you realize it was all a scam. I worked their for two years and only stayed their for the insurance, which was okay, could have better, but okay. They have a high turn over rate because they EXPECT 100% customer service BUT don't give the tools to do your job!!!!! You earn vacation and personal time BUT always find ways to keep you from taking EARNED TIME so that you have to call in and get docked points until you reach ten and then they fire you. Worst company for customer service and I really don't know how they stay in business
used to be a great place to work until new owners purchased
Area Director (Former Employee) –  NacogdochesApril 10, 2015
Micro management at its worst. They don't believe in work life balance. They increased hours lowered pay and doubled the cost of insurance for less coverage. Horrible place with new owners.
Pros
Cons
too many to list.
Rewarded for hard work and dedication for exceeding goals
Regional Market Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 16, 2015
In recent years, CellularONE - Wausau has been absorbed by the corporate giant AT&T and no longer has the same management deeming it difficult to provide a relevant review. Although at the time of my 6 year employment, I had the opportunity to flow through three acquisitions and personally earned four career promotions. I was recognized and treated fairly for my sales quota exceeding performance.
Pros
advancement opportunity
Cons
income potential
Data Entry
Finance Assurance Agent / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZMay 12, 2014
• Providing Quality Assurance for customers who qualify for subsidized government programs.
• Reviewing documents and verifying qualifications.
• Uploading to system and updating notes in two different systems.
Proud to serve
Sales Rep / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 9, 2014
I started as an ordnanceman, and progressed into a special forces team. I am very proud to have served this country.
Great company with many opporutnities for creativity and innovation
RF Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 24, 2013
Hired as Base Station Engineer (1991 – 1994).Promoted to RF Systems Engineer (1994 - 1996) to perform advanced RF functions
First experience with working in a customer service, call center environment.
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 19, 2013
I worked in the Activation Department for a mobile phone company. Agents and retailers would call to activate their mobile phones and I would take care of the rest (which included running a credit check on the end-user). It was rewarding to know that by the end of the call, the customer would be able to use their new phone immediately.

I was promoted to the Save Team: Which was customer service provided to preferred customers who were considering leaving our product. Armed with additional customer incentives, my job was to convince the customer to stay. During this period I became a Team Leader in our Customer Service Department.
Pros
non-standard shifts. opportunity to learn about mobile phone technology
Cons
non-standard shifts
Largely Office Bureaucracy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 16, 2013
Basically learned a large majority of office bureaucracy from accounts payable assistance to cellular network data archiving via binder books (fun).
Great place to work , team work was a essential
Retail Account Executive (Former Employee) –  McAlester and surrounding SE OK marketJuly 9, 2013
I loved my job with this company because I was out in the public every day building the business by opening new stores and managing these accounts to grow the business. Every day I left my house and traveled to a different location in my SE OK territory and I would coach, train and build rapport with my stores. I learned from this job how team work and winning your team's support could make the company and myself very productive. The hardest part of my job was to hire new employees, due to the lack of enthusiasm so many showed, it was a very rewarding job. I loved my job and would have never left but company was bought out by a larger company and our customer service totally changed
Pros
excellent insurance, great benefits as a whole, wonderful place to work
Cons
traveling when their was lots of snow on ground
Great Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be a busy mourning but slow evening. I learned a new work program, better communication skills, and how to trouble-shoot cell phones. Cellularone has great managers who will help you advance and give you all the hours you need. My co-workers were great and help me if I had any questions about our job duties and policies. The hardest part of my job was trouble-shooting and the most enjoyable part of my job was resolving the customer's issue.
Pros
great work benefits
Cons
none i can think of
Great Place to work for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSMay 27, 2013
Loved everything about my job, co-workers, the company and upper management. Unfortunately they had to close their doors, so I ended up having to get a job somewhere else.
Pros
everything
Productive workplace, strong goals within the company
Store Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, IlMay 4, 2013
I feel while working as a manager I have learned to become a very strong leader. Everyone on my team has the strive to become better sales reps. I have learned that not only can you be involved with the customers in your store, but you can also help by being involved in the community as well.
Pros
good location for sales
Definitely a fun place to work for. I wish they had never sold out to AT&T.
Financial Serv Rep/Distribution Serv Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYApril 9, 2013
It was one of the few jobs that I have had that you looked forward to going to work most days. As demanding as the customer service field can be, they made every attempt to make it as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. They were always having different events where front office and back office personnel could socialize and get to know one another, which fostered a feeling of family. They even formed a Fun Committee to organize different things around the office when anticipating moral may be low. They would also provide training for anything new that was being implemented at least two months before it was rolled out. Finally, they gave out monthly and quarterly bonuses based on productivity. I loved working there.
Pros
perks (massages, bonuses, parties, giveaway, etc.)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CellularOne. Our community is ready to answer.