CELTIC HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

5 Star Agency
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  NationalMay 7, 2017
Wish i had not left the organization. Relocated to a state which Celtic did not hold assets.
While at Celtic I was engaged and motivated by patient programs, EMR, CRM, quality care and respect for staff and patients. A wonderful place to have a long term career.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
none to mention.
Horrible Company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Unprofessional, no follow-through from directors. Empty promises. Required to work often 100+ hours a week on a salary with no additional compensation. Communication within this company is really bad. Management is verbally abusive, lazy, lies often and prefers to delegate all workload to subordinates. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work with Celtic.
Pros
no pros
Cons
you will spend all of your time 24/7 working, very bad management, lack of compassion, pushes census and not appropriate care, did I say management was really bad?
Easy Going
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2017
Pretty relaxing job. However, people came and went so quickly. Too many temps who were there simply to receive a check. Other than that, I made friends there, and enjoyed being able to listen to my radio as I processed applications.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
They can't keep their employees. One year, and they're gone.
Horrible company all together
RN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 27, 2017
Don't ever work for this company. They broke every promise ever made and terminate employees for proven false allegations! They have no regard for the people they employ and caused my family great turmoil over something that was proven to be false and yet there was no retribution for them or compensation for me. Horrible place... worst job I've ever had and not because of the patients or actual work..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic work hours, dishonest and crooked corporate, badically everything!!
changes in management, low salary.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  neFebruary 10, 2017
A lot of changes in short periods of time in management. Salary is low and benefits are extremely expensive. Upper management is wonderful, I think things just slip through cracks since its a large company.
the beatings shall continue until morale improves
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAFebruary 6, 2017
Other reviewers have said the wages and raises are insulting, they really are. You can make better money at Panera and Aldi. They string temps along for YEARS, promise them conversion to permanent employees and then never deliver. We've had 3 managers/supervisors in as many years. Home Health Medical records people don't last more than a year. There is no job growth, and no promotion from within.

As for caring about their staff, they RIF (Reduction in Force) 2 people on per diem contract that wasn't going to be renewed after the new year, two weeks before Christmas. What a "caring" company they are <eyeroll>
Pros
decent time off
Cons
everything else
This was a temporary position
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAJanuary 20, 2017
Data entry position, very laid back atmosphere, not challenging enough for me. I felt I was definitely over qualified having several years of experience in the medical field.
Pros
Met some very nice people.
Cons
Lack of communication.
Nonexistent management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 1, 2017
The benefits were great. That's all I can say that is positive. There is no support for employees. They don't care about employee wellbeing, they care about numbers and seeing as many patients as possible often sacrificing the care those patients received by over scheduling nurses and providers to get higher numbers at the expense of staff and patients alike. The management is uscrupulous and unethical and the home office in mars is completely out of the loop or just doesn't care. Very unprofessional behavior on the parts of directors and supervisors. The turnover is high and the morale is low. Terrible place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
If you never want to see your family, this is the place for you!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 10, 2016
Every single word I was told at hire, including how far I would cover, salary increases, reviews, expections, how often I would be on call, when I would receive a company car, and much more, was a flat out lie! I was once told the extra compensation we received from one supervisor for extra hours was only given to keep me quiet and the extra compensation stopped, leaving me hundreds of dollars short each pay. Management was horrible and rarely answered calls when needed. Staff concerns are brushed off like dust in a wind storm. Worked 70-90 hours a week with no appreciation from anyone! They do not care about their employees! You are just another number and can be replaced in a second....or so they think! So nurses are often left alone to cover areas far and wide while supervisor takes meetings and goes out of town. Absolutely no support!
Pros
Most of the little people on my team were outstanding, kind, and great to work with!
Cons
Everything!
OK place to work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAAugust 16, 2016
• Conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
• Performed SQL Tuning and used SQL queries to analyze data from relational online system and created business transformation and mapping documents to load into ODS.
• Worked on analyzing and evaluating the information gathered from multiple sources, assess risk, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
• Abstract requirements from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true need’s, and distinguish solution ideas from business requirements.
• Analyzed an integrated solutions for the billing manager and EMR software (electronic medical records).
• Analyzed Current state architecture & capability business process and purposed future initiative for EMR/HIE integration with different EMR integration options.
Pros
had a short commute
Former Employee
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJune 29, 2016
Poor Management. Suspected my supervisor was a pothead. The CEO needs to have mandatory drug testing. Was part of a Hospice team and was appalled at the crude comments regarding the patients on service during staff meetings. Staff made fun of the patients. I had worked Hospice for another agency and it was always professional and patients were treated with dignity, but not with Celtic. Management feared for their jobs and would "turn" on anyone and throw them under a bus, if needed. The best part was,compensation was more than adequate. However, Corporate in Mars, PA was "out of the loop" as far as the everyday workings for the Stroudsburg office. I have since left the company.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poorly skilled Management
Terrible company
Other (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2016
They don't care about their employees. They don't want to give you time off and they expect you to work non stop. Oh maybe because management is rude and they can't keep staff.
Pros
None!
Cons
Rude
Horrible management
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAApril 21, 2016
I do medical records for Celtic healthcare. Management is basically nonexistent. Our boss can't return simple emails or calls. Human resources is horrible to deal with. You have to call them 10 times before they return your call. Raises are a joke. There was absolutely no room to move up in the company. Difficult To interact with anyone higher up. To top it off we were sent to a mandatory meeting where our whole department was let go only to relocate our same jobs in different offices.
Pros
Fun coworkers-getting let go
Cons
Horrible management, poor raises, no chance for advancement
Great culture, wonderful mission and vision!
Director of IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 23, 2016
I am relatively new to the Celtic team, but have had an outstanding experience thus far. The application process is extremely unique. I was impressed that a company wanted to understand my core values and evaluate them for fit along with my education and experience. I could tell right from a start that there was something unique about this company. They seek employees that care about more than just personal and financial outcomes. They want employees to fit within their unique culture of caring and compassion. Recruitment staff was accessible and attentive during the interview process.

Work is challenging, and leadership is engaged and supportive. I truly feel like we are all charging ahead in the same direction.

After accepting an offer of employment, I received a phone call from my new boss. He said "we're going to do great things together." I'm certain that we will.
Pros
work schedule flexibility, wonderful Celtic teammates, growing company!
Great place to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 23, 2016
The employees at Celtic care about each other and make an effort to try and make you feel welcome. The company is growing and they are constantly looking for ways to try and be more competitive and provide a high quality of care.
Pros
Positive work environment
Great people to work with and for!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 16, 2016
This company has been wonderful to work for! I can work in the office or from home as needed. They are very supportive of my career goals and offer a wonderful work/life balance. Management has been friendly and welcoming from day one. My co-workers are very supportive and work as team. They are always willing to pitch in and help with any task or answer any questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team that I work with and an environment that allows me to learn new things.
Constant Turnover!
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 9, 2016
Turnover was constant including management. Call time was ridiculous. Sent to cases 2 hours away, expected to see 6 patients a day that were spaced out over several counties. Poor company to work for.
Pros
Meeting new staff
Cons
Constant turnover, management lack of concern
Current employee NCPA office- Williamsport
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 6, 2015
Change in management 3 times in 9 months. 7 nurses left in the same time frame. Your are expected to pick up the slack of employees leaving and will work nearly every weekend and on call every week or you will be mandated. Current management does not support staff and their needs while out in the field working. No praise or acknowledgement of when doing a good job but you will hear constantly every little thing that is wrong or not the way management wants it done.
Pros
Coworkers, patients, pay is competitive
Cons
Management, staff leaving constantly, over worked
RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PANovember 20, 2015
Great company. Competitive Salary and benefit package. Supportive and encouraging work environment. Growing company with a positive work environment
Customer Service
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  st louis, MOSeptember 23, 2015
I have helped the elderly in home with household cleaning. Remind to take medications, pay rent if needed, wash clothes, iron clothing, and also make store trips. Sometimes I'm the only person the client sees besides their doctors, which allow me to have a personal relationship were trust is then established.
Pros
Some live in apartment building
Cons
Sharing washing area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CELTIC HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6