CELTIC HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company
Other (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 24, 2016
They don't care about their employees. They don't want to give you time off and they expect you to work non stop. Oh maybe because management is rude and they can't keep staff.
Pros
None!
Cons
Rude
Great culture, wonderful mission and vision!
Director of IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 23, 2016
I am relatively new to the Celtic team, but have had an outstanding experience thus far. The application process is extremely unique. I was impressed that a company wanted to understand my core values and evaluate them for fit along with my education and experience. I could tell right from a start that there was something unique about this company. They seek employees that care about more than just personal and financial outcomes. They want employees to fit within their unique culture of caring and compassion. Recruitment staff was accessible and attentive during the interview process.

Work is challenging, and leadership is engaged and supportive. I truly feel like we are all charging ahead in the same direction.

After accepting an offer of employment, I received a phone call from my new boss. He said "we're going to do great things together." I'm certain that we will.
Pros
work schedule flexibility, wonderful Celtic teammates, growing company!
Great place to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 23, 2016
The employees at Celtic care about each other and make an effort to try and make you feel welcome. The company is growing and they are constantly looking for ways to try and be more competitive and provide a high quality of care.
Pros
Positive work environment
Great people to work with and for!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mars, PAMarch 16, 2016
This company has been wonderful to work for! I can work in the office or from home as needed. They are very supportive of my career goals and offer a wonderful work/life balance. Management has been friendly and welcoming from day one. My co-workers are very supportive and work as team. They are always willing to pitch in and help with any task or answer any questions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team that I work with and an environment that allows me to learn new things.
Constant Turnover!
RN case manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 9, 2016
Turnover was constant including management. Call time was ridiculous. Sent to cases 2 hours away, expected to see 6 patients a day that were spaced out over several counties. Poor company to work for.
Pros
Meeting new staff
Cons
Constant turnover, management lack of concern
Current employee NCPA office- Williamsport
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PADecember 6, 2015
Change in management 3 times in 9 months. 7 nurses left in the same time frame. Your are expected to pick up the slack of employees leaving and will work nearly every weekend and on call every week or you will be mandated. Current management does not support staff and their needs while out in the field working. No praise or acknowledgement of when doing a good job but you will hear constantly every little thing that is wrong or not the way management wants it done.
Pros
Coworkers, patients, pay is competitive
Cons
Management, staff leaving constantly, over worked
RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PANovember 20, 2015
Great company. Competitive Salary and benefit package. Supportive and encouraging work environment. Growing company with a positive work environment
Customer Service
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  st louis, MOSeptember 23, 2015
I have helped the elderly in home with household cleaning. Remind to take medications, pay rent if needed, wash clothes, iron clothing, and also make store trips. Sometimes I'm the only person the client sees besides their doctors, which allow me to have a personal relationship were trust is then established.
Pros
Some live in apartment building
Cons
Sharing washing area
Dedicated to the patient and the family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Central PASeptember 16, 2015
This companies number one priority is pt care and concern for the pt and the family. They go above and beyond for the pt needs. Management listens and tries to accommodate the employee's but never at the expense of the patient. Employees that have left on their own or otherwise, didn't fit in with Celtic's high standards.
Pros
co workers, managers, team atmosphere
Do NOT work for this company!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MarylandAugust 3, 2015
A typical day at work was 10-12 hours long, 12 days in a row 2x a month. Driving 2 counties away from where I was hired to work. Going into dirty homes with no heat or AC and cleaning bed sores. Most patients were on Medicare with hearing issues, language barriers, and dementia issues. Management was terrible. Hardest part was no work/life balance. Most enjoyable part was being fired without due process and collecting unemployment!
Pros
Collecting Unemployment After Being Fired
Cons
Mandatory on-call added to weekday hours averaged 93 hours a week
Run fast and run far!
Will not divulge (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAMarch 2, 2015
Do NOT work for this company. Worst management team I have EVER worked with. Raises are nonexistent. Compensation is near poverty level. Advancement is nonexistent. EXTREMELY high turnover rate. Benefits? Please...health insurance plan is horrible, as is MOST of the management team. Save your sanity...do NOT work for this company! Hardest part of the job was going to work every day. Most enjoyable? The day I left.
Please BEWARE of this company!
Per Diem Occupational Therapist in home health (Former Employee) –  NEPAJanuary 13, 2015
During my short employment with this unprofessional, unreliable company, I found that they were uncaring of their employee's needs, but even more so of the home health patients they served. During my interview, they indicated that they had patients closer to my home, then after hire I was sent 2+ hours away. I had been told that staff should spend less time with the patients and cut visits short so the documentation could be done sitting in a patients' driveway. There is a strict timeframe of getting documentation in by midnight the same day of the visit. It is doable for a per diem employee, but difficult for full time staff and is a very different policy than most home health companies. Management is a disaster; my supervisor was only interested in documentation and keeping her own job. When I separated from the company, they never paid me for $1500, in salary that I was owed. It's been months and I've decided not to continue fighting them and cut my losses. They completely misrepresented themselves at my interview, or I would never have been in such a situation. Please save yourself time and money and veer far away from this company. I wish I could give them less than a one star review.
Pros
other staff, seeing patients
Cons
dishonest, visits 2 or more hours away, uncaring of patient needs, does not value staff
Productive workers and Great enviroment to work in.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJune 12, 2014
I travel from patient to patient either in their homes or in a nursing home. I then give them a bath/shower. We work alone but our nurse are always there if we need them. my favorite part of the day is when I walk into the patients houses and they have missed me! The hardest part is when they pass away!
Poor experience
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILMay 30, 2014
Company restructured and position was eliminated with no offer for another position within the company
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAApril 26, 2014
Basic in home care giving with ADL's and other tasks such as cleaning/cooking.
Life experiencing, rewarding job.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, PAJanuary 9, 2014
1) Typical day coming in getting report from the prior shift, doing rounds, vitals, meals, repositioning's, baths, A.M./P.M care.

2) To value my life as well as family and loved ones. I have learned that it doesn't matter how rich or poor you are in life. You can be the richest people but can not buy good health. Illnesses do not discriminate.

3) From the day I started my job at Hospice Community Care/ Celtic Hospice In Patient Unit, Dunmore, PA. Management was up in the air went through three unit managers in less then four months. But adjusted with the changes.

4) I got along with my co-workers very well, a lot of us formed a family like bond.

5) The hardest part of my job is seeing them go through the loss of a loved one and knowing that we can only use words and compassion to try and ease their pain and grief.

6) The most enjoyable part of my job was caring for and help patients and their families from all walks of life. Showing them compassion and consideration during their trying times.
Pros
family like, small home like hospice in patient unit. cozy.
Cons
per diem, no health care, no job security.