CEMEX, INC Employee Reviews

Good company
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Company location shut down, so there was not a lot of room for advancement. Pay was a little low, but made up in other benefits and perks.Management was a little under knowledgeable.
part time
Diesel Mechanic Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2017
was good did all that was needed of me worked as a helper to the mechanic. Preform PM and clean shop used a forklift and a sweeper vac work on the floor taking
orders for mechanic
Great place to work when I was there.
Manager Network Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
Been over 15 years ago since i worked there but the environment was good. The company used to be called Southdown until they were bought by Cemex. Transition was a bit bumpy but Cemex seemed to have competent management.
Pros
Stable Compny
i like the work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLNovember 6, 2017
open shop.check on downed equipment.start repairs by priority.keep up with inventory.clean floors and trash.wash truck and equipment. alot was learned over the years.of building material.and mechanical parts.management was good.there where alot of people that dictated work to me for what ever the reason.but was not for me to be dealing with.dealing with having a conversation with one or more people.a third person would come up and everone would start speaking spanish.the end of the day...
Pros
free meals on ocasions
Cons
all about safty.but not enviromental health
good management
Cement Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2017
Good benefits and pay. paid holidays and lunch provided by the company at various times.Very hot temperatures in the summertime and strong winds at times.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to windy during the fall
Okay comany
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It's a good stepping stone for anyone. MT is highly educated & employees are extremely smart which makes the quality of discussions very interesting..
Overall a good work place with good incentives
Excavator operator. Concrete Mason. (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 29, 2017
Cemex Inc was a fairly good place to work. The work of concrete as we all know is physical. Overtime in the summer months were the toughest. Cemex offered up to 4 weeks paid vacation..Personally I was blessed for the most part in the guys I had to work with.
Pros
Paid vacation. 401k match. Benefits
Cons
Not knowing the hours a day your working
Lovely Colleagues, however no opportunities to advance
Sales Administration Support (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764August 12, 2017
Enjoy working with my colleagues in the office
My favorite part of my job is helping my customers
I have learned how to train others which has proven to be very successful
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Management needs to recognize that having degree is not always better than years of experience.
prooductive
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 9, 2017
My experience in working at CEMEX was stupendous. The managers are always willing to help. Through my time in CEMEX I was able have a vast amount of knowledge.
Cemex is a global company with many working advantages
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJuly 21, 2017
CEMEX is a global company and a great place to work. They have many different departments to choose from and an excellent place to start a new career.
Excellent environment
Project Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
worked as a contract employee, but was treated just as all full time permanent employees. I was always made to feel a part of the staff. Sad when the contract ended.
Ability to meet different people in different job environment.
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 20, 2017
In the two years that I worked for Cemex, Inc. my typical day at work was simple at times. I learned very much on safety environment, enjoyed operating a concrete truck, also liked our meetings overall were productive and educational in everyday driving. Cemex, Inc. is a company that is big in keeping your family safe and together. The hardest part is dealing with the weather changes but the most enjoyable part was spending time with my co-workers and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Educational Safety meetings
Cons
Not enough hours of work
N/a
Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 18, 2017
Great place to work but business is very slow right now.
Benefits aren't that great.
But the people you work with are for the most part good
people. okay.
Very Busy
Concrete Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2017
Job Duties Were Fine and Supervisor was excellent but Other Management Was Difficult But Most importantly The Company Would not Allow me to Work Part time
No work home life balance, only work
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2017
You can not have a life working for CEMEX. You are only as good as your last load. I have seen men work there for over 30 years and the second they can not haul a load and make the company money they are kicked to the curb.The worst work place culture I have ever experienced.

Comment – March 23, 2017

Some thing needs to change at this company. I don't no of any drivers that are happy, they just feel stuck because of there pensions and health benefits. Life is to short.

Great Place to Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham AlabamaJanuary 26, 2017
What can I say about this great career choice. It's a beautiful thing when you enjoy headed to work everyday. Cemex helped me build my family abetter life.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A good company with a fairly high employee turnover rate
Ready Mix Driver (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 3, 2016
Pros: Excellent benefits, steel-toe boot allowance, free uniforms & service, all PPE provided for, in-depth orientation (including Smith System training), paid holidays (including your birthday) opportunity to cross train to become a batchman and/or front-end loader operator.

CONS: No set start (as early as 2am) or finish times (as late as 8pm), every other Saturday mandatory work, you are paid by the load (not hourly, as with other companies), must work in extreme weather conditions (heat, rain), deal with an aging truck fleet that has significant, exterior/interior (drum) concrete buildup and non-working and/or cross-wired contols. Communication between drivers and dispatch needs improvement (address typos, incorrect/incomplete customer information, inaccurate turn-by-turn printed directions, etc). Mechanics are par, at best. Management is consistently under pressure from corporate which, in turn, creates a stressful work environment. Some customers/sites (whom order concrete) are unsafe & unprofessional which puts the driver at risk.
Great People
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2016
Several years has passed since I worked at Cemex, that was the time when Mexico was taking it over and they expected to pay you a salary and have no life at all. I couldn't stay there because I drove 35 miles away with a young son and a single mother. A would work there again but did not like the long hours being in the position I was in then.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long work hours
I did review this company i came back to work to it
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2016
When I first worked for Cemex in the early 2000's it was a great company to work for they cared about there people, they came back looking for me to work for them and i did to find a whole new work ethics that i do not agree with
Pros
non
Cons
lots
Great Benefits! But Pay is horrible
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 16, 2016
Benefits are excellent, safety is the most important thing. But unfortunately the transport department is treated as a sub-hauler and the pay is horrible. we work 12-14 hours a day for max $230 if we are lucky, other wise your pay varies from 60 to 200 a day
benefits
Cons
pay