Cemex

Cemex Employee Reviews

Safe work enviroment.
Scale Operator (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Monthly bonus, free lunch or dinners.
Cons: Working alone.
Typical day at work unloading rail cars, filling up silo, making sure equipment was working properly and loading trucks. I learned to take proper measurements on silo and maintain equipment. Worked alone and took care of managing the facility. The hardest part of the job keeping water out of the cement and silo. The most enjoyable part receiving incentives.
Saftey is their #1 concern
Cement Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hudson, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Pizza on fridays
Cons: Their Mechanics
Got to work clocked in and waited to be called up to get a load of material. When loaded went to job site and did what was instructed of me to do from the foreman of the crew that needed the concrete to be pored.
Work consumes 24 hours/day of your life
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Exceptionally great colleagues
Cons: No work/life balance
Work load is not fairly balanced between employees. There are a few key employees that hold up the entire foundation of the region. There is no advantage to being more than mediocre.
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Brighton, COMarch 21, 2015
Pros: manage my own time
Direct support to Technical Service Manager of South Central Division of Cemex Cement, data entry, phone, fax, file,Travel expense reports, schedule travel arrangements, incoming and outgoing correspondence, sort mail, running errands, monthly expense reports, scheduling classes, monthly calendar.
Very good money
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee), Bay AreaMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work,you do a lot of sitting around,I have learned working there is this job is so cut throat.Management is not there for u.CoWorkers are cool.The hardest part of the job is being away from your family when u do work cause you never know when you will get off.
great benefits
Driver (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2015
good place to work at as a career. Management too strict. Policies too strict. benefits amazing. Hours amazing. Pay great
Conservative global company
HR Planning and Development Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
You'll learn a lot and work with the top knotch in the industry. Not the best work life balance.
Awesome work enviroment.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: great business and ability to advance.
Cons: this a large company and change can take time.
I work with highly motivated group of people. In a very fast paced and challenging enviroment. We are constantly challenged to meet the demands of our customers.
Cemex is a good company, However they have some policies that are extremely rigid and do not consider extenuating circumstances per incident.
Aggregate Plant Manager (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLDecember 22, 2014
I typically would start my day with a walk thru of the plant and engage the employees. Return to the office and return calls, Check the P&L, production reports, adjust sales forecast as needed and check with the department manager who reported to me. Attened phone conferences,meetings, and neighborhood issues.

At Brooksville Fl, We were able to instill a Safe,profitable, teamwork based environment by utilizing the companies core values,where employees enjoyed coming to work.

We made significant improvements in every department of the plant with the continuous improvement process.

I enjoyed my coworkers the most. We established a great working relationship throughout the plant.
delivery of cement to our customers
Cement Mixer Driver (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLDecember 1, 2014
the ability to serve and to assist customers with the best customer service as needed
skills
maitnance mechanic (Former Employee), sealy txNovember 18, 2014
make hydraulic lines repair forklifts, coveyors, mixers.
work was good always busy co workers management was all good people
Upper managment is a JOKE.
pleasanton (Former Employee), supervisorNovember 13, 2014
Cons: everything
upper management look for ways to discipline the employees or laid off them. Not a good culture at all.
veriety job locations is a fun to me at cemex
Concrete ready mixer truck driver (Current Employee), Orange, CANovember 12, 2014
every day is different in my work place, some day I start to work early and some days even all night long. staffs are fair friendly, helper in difficult moments of works. my manager is a nice man. this is a fast pace job that sometimes every body Is just running around to advance the job.
Career Opportunity
Cement Mixer Driver (Current Employee), Fontana, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: seasonal at times
Love the environment and the management and the hours can be really good
I thought that it was an ok place to work for, I think it was a decent work environment
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee), InglewoodNovember 5, 2014
it was an ok place to work for, I think it was a decent work environment.
good job but it started getting slow because of the ecomomy
cement truck driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 2, 2014
i would wake up early get my route and deliver concrete to construction sites and to people that ordered it
learning to work by your self
heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 30, 2014
The company needs to hire more mechanic's in order to have 2 mechanic's per shop. my supervisor works with us to help as much as possible I work by my self so I don't see my co-workers very much
Productive and fun work place
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: excellent relationships built with customers
Targeted new accounts on a daily basis and upsold to existing accounts.
Loved my job, but they did not like to hire women. They did learn to like me, LOL!
Cement Mixer Driver (Former Employee), South plant, Venice, FloridaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: on my own, driving my truck, responsible for myself.
Cons: male bosses and co-workers who were cut-throat when we were "pay per load", funny how friendly they became after we were switched to pay by the hour.
Loading & unloading cement to customers who were building everything from homes to sidewalks, pools, curbing, roads, decks, and driveways. Taking care of my 10 speed Oshkosh Cement Truck, making sure it was clean, the load was the correct slump and that the customer was happy. I loved driving my truck and keeping my customers happy. I think the hardest part was keeping the truck clean in this hot Florida weather.
Ready Mix Driver
Ready Mix Driver; Service Representative (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: schedule
The pay and compensation is great; however, the schedule is dynamic and changes from day to day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cemex

CEMEX serves up cement with a multicultural accent. The subsidiary of Mexico-based CEMEX, S.A. de C.V. is one of the largest cement – Read more

Cemex Salaries