Cemex Employee Reviews in United States

The Mines
Haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVJuly 25, 2016
You can learn to operate different types of heavy equipment as well as welding, and being a general maintenance man. The pay was fair for the work that needed to be done. The hours were 40 hours a week Monday thru Friday.
not good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJuly 25, 2016
not good not friendly at all the whole team was on edge on at all times was very safety conscious but did not treat the staff too well would always try to send personnel home just for the slightest things
Overall Enjoyed working for Cemex My direct Manager was amazing
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2016
For the most part i enjoyed working for Cemex and the thing i enjoyed most about the job was the challenge's presented to me and if given the opportunity i would work there again.
Enjoyed working for this company
Forklift, Pallet Jack, Hand Power Tools (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 26, 2016
This was a workplace that promoted teamwork and accountability. I really enjoyed working at this company and my co-workers. I highly recommend this company.
The highlight was the commeraderie within the workplace.
Accounts Receivable/Ticket Prep (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 9, 2016
Having worked in a variety of offices throughout the years, hands down this was the most professional. Although each person had their own work load to manage, if there was a need, we could rely on someone to volunteer a helping hand in order to complete a task.
Cons
Construction in the last few years has not been a stable way to make a living.
Good
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
Inside sales does not have a good compensation plan but its a great company to begin your career path. Management needs a load of improvement, the supervisors have never had any kind of management experience and are running the place like it is a call center as if they were back in highschool.
not a good place to work
Mixer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 5, 2016
long days, no set time to get off work, no set time starting. management does not care about their employees, nor does the company. coworkers were ok, hardest part was waiting around to get a load. you got paid by the load. not a good place to work. managements were bullies.
Pros
Cons
low pay, long hours
You don't want to work here
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for as long as its not dispatch, the manager for dispatch has little man complex and poor leadership skills. Save your self the trouble and go else where in the company, also the HR department there is a joke and will happily toss you under the bus per any managers request.
Pros
pay rate and benifits
Cons
manager, hr, supervisors, immature coworkers, and you get the idea
Good place for growth and development to advance your career
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
The management at CEMEX was great about development and supportive of career advancement. There is a lot of exposure to other departments and functions to help make someone more well-rounded versus only being specialized in a certain function. Co-workers were fun! There were times when long hours were required, but most people didn't mind because it paid off with career development.
Pros
Career development and fun co-workers
Cons
work/life balance was an issue at times
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Great place to work, only problem is that the job is weather related. Great learning experience, not very hard work. I really like the job but you can never plan a life outside of work because of the daily time difference of coming in and you never get off at the same time every afternoon.
great experience with heavy machinery
Technician (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 15, 2016
i was introduced to various different types of heavy equipment and thought how to service the units.great forman and supportive when i had questions. nice co workers and helpful during shift. hardest part of job was welding bc i was new to it. i enjoyed the job bc of all the different types of machinery
Pros
work place
Cons
Great co-workers management was great before cemex came andctook over
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2016
Great coworkers and management until cemex took over then everyone started changing used to be a fun place to work made u proud to come in. and the drive cams are just the worst any little bump and that thing just goes off they lied and said they won't look at them unless an accident happened now I'm all big for safety but that's a total invasion of privacy also they got rid of or lost a lot of great drivers now I was a driver for this company for 10years got gravely on their jobs use to be if a person was sick management would make sure that person was taken care of and his job was still there not the case they told me oh come on in and fill another application out not they way u treat your driver who is out on medical leave its gotten very cutthroat from management to drivers no one cares anymore and don't get me started on the pay by load mess its good when the work there but when u get a bad week for 2,3 weeks straight then you're totally messed up from trying to catch back up I could go on but I'll leave it hear with all the odd hours
Pros
Great drivers, when the money good its good
Cons
Management, drive cams, pay by load, odd times all the night work
Good Safety Culture and Ability to Advance
Talent Development Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
Very good safety culture and good ability to move up if you are willing to relocate. Corporate doesn't always communicate well.
Quite busy and productive. Multi-tasking a must and being a team leader
Driver Settlement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2016
This was and 8 to 5 job even thought if needed we made sure to stay to complete task. I had a group of 3 individuals under my supervision and they looked to me for guidance. My co-workers were all team players and very proud of their accomplishments.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to know that at the end of the week the payroll for our owner operator drivers were well served by our department and that we met all their needs. I learned through this position to be open to help everyone that and that without our drivers we would not be there. Customers, management and my employees were my first priority every day.

Living in Miami made me a great asset since I am bilingual in Spanish and English.
Pros
Accounting department was always ready to help our drivers and management.
Cons
None that I can think of.
well paid but you earn that paycheck
IT FIELD SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2016
Cemex used to be an IT forward looking company. They entered into an IT support agreement with IBM and it has gone down hill since.
Pros
good salary and benefits, reasonable travel expenses and provided a vehicle
Cons
Constantly under staff projects and daily jobs.
great job and very good pay
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 13, 2016
Great team and very good pay
The trucks are hard to learn if you have only driven
Semi trucks this is totally different and you can easily
Turn over the truck if you turn to fast
Pros
free training
Cons
no work when raining
Busy work but fun
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRMarch 9, 2016
Supervise the employees, Make the timesheets of employees ,Report any problems,accidents,make correction to fix that ,etc..
Experience at Cemex
Plant manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 3, 2016
Working at Cemex was great. I learned a lot. I loved my job. I think the hardest part of my job was animosity between drivers bickering between each other.
productive and fun place to work at
Payroll/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Never a dull moments always busy and processing the tickets for owner operators payroll in a weekly basis.
Worked for Cemex for thirteens, was out source to India, work had returned to U.S., I was re-hired on 6/29/2015 and was laid off on 2/09/2015.
Pros
free lunches, promotion items for employee, free improv tickets at the comedy club
Cons
n/a
My adventures with concrete
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Customer Service Dept. The staff was very friendly and easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and learning about the concrete industry.
Pros
Receiving gift cards from customers / company

4.2