Cemex Employee Reviews

They don't care about the employees
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
During your orientation they talk about how they care about the employees and their families, don't fall into their trap. If you are a driver they will find a way to get out of paying the driver retention bonus. And management walks in lock step with each other because they are all talking to each other about what to tell you to your face and then they do something completely different behind your back. Take warning now of this company because they will try and get rid of you for any reason even if you are on workers compensation. The work is inconsistent so you will need to save money on the few good weeks so you have money to cover the bad weeks, right now I am experiencing 1 good week to 3 bad weeks so you never can catch up.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Good place to work and make a career.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2017
I got to learn new things, safety is a huge plus. This company does a good job of keeping you safe and doing your job with great pride. This company pushes you to take a huge step into ownership.
Ok
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2017
They require too much ot, might be good for some, but not for me someone with 2 young kids that i want to see grow. Overall ok if you dont mind having your nerves a wreck
It was a job with no security long term
TANKER DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 25, 2017
I signed on as a tanker driver and Doser. I was told we would also train as a cement truck driver, never happened even though I continued to ask for that to happen. So as soon as the rapid set job we were on ended we were let go! And they kept a huge portion of the 401k contributions!!
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Supervisor played favorites
Buena
WELDING (Former Employee) –  SUNLAND PARK, N.MMay 12, 2017
No dan oidos a mejoras, que propones, y mo tienes compensaciones cuando eres temporal.
Pros
Buen sueldo
Cons
No dan plaza
Good company
Haul truck operator (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLApril 27, 2017
It was a good company to be apart of. U get to do various types of work to keep u busy. You can get qualified on various types of equipment. There is room for advancement
Great Opportunity
Management Trainee Program (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLMarch 21, 2017
Interesting work. Opportunity to many different divisions within the company and meet many different people. Had a lot of hands-on training and experience.
it was a good job for the experience
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  new branufelsMarch 14, 2017
its a good job, it pays really good, the only thing is you work a lot and don't have time to spend with your family cause of the schedule and if you ask for some time off they sometimes get irritated.
dangerous
Terminal assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMarch 1, 2017
this job was the most dangerous ive ever had and the hardest but was also the most enjoyable great co workers and work environment very relaxed and easy to learn
safety culture
Cement Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Cocoa, FLFebruary 22, 2017
be ready to work long hours. hour are very unpredictable.. very safety culture.... union company..good management support
I wish I still work there
Mixer operator (Former Employee) –  Delano CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2017
Great management high paid wages 15 minutes from my house I missed that job I wish I still work that's a great company I wish I still work there I miss everybody that I used to work with
Horrible Management
Sr. Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAFebruary 13, 2017
They make promises they don't keep.
Offer a position to find out that it's being phased out and need to find another job or commute daily 2+ hours a day to and from work.
Horrible place !
Favoritism
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Neville Island, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This company and the current union are all about favoritism. This way the worst place I've ever worked at. Staff is meant to blindly follow the higher ups and they get rid of anyone who isn't a yes man.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
very high paying job Great benefits this is a career not a job
P/A (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Started at this job with no type of knowledge of running equipment and learning how a huge industrial plant run I've learned so much for working there definitely learned all different types of trade for my personal life and work experience
Pros
Great Pay Great People Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours 2 week work change
A safe, fun, and challenging place to work
Porter - Mechanic Shop (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
CEMEX places priority on the welfare of their workers. Many times the hours are long (60+ a week), but in that time you develop strong networking connections in and out of the business. Employees rotate the weekend shifts in a very organized manner and rarely work on Sunday. The compensation is not matched by any other cement company in the area, for drivers or mechanics. There are many opportunities to move up within the organization after you have developed your skills in your current position.
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Weather can effect production
Was a rewarding place to work. different skills were used from day to day.
Operations System Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2016
Each day brought more challenges plus rewards. I had the opportunity to learn many different skills. Management was OK, some were better than others. Co-workers were only looking out for themselves, I tried to create an environment of team building within my group, which was a success.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Some days it was very long hours
Not people oriented
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2016
It was my experience that this company is not very people oriented. You are more of a number than a person. They like to micromanage every aspect of the business and leave very little decision making at the local level.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Only a number
Excellent workplace
Concrete Mixing Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2016
Teamwork,good benefits,smith training,simulator training,bonus,incentives,great overtime,excellent equipment maintenance
Pros
Bonus, incentives and overtime
Cons
Workplace with little respect for employees
Instrument Electrician (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 23, 2016
Foreign management has little respect for employees. Demands work life over home life. Threatening and intimidating management style. We don't have time to fix it right but we do have time to do it over. No parts or training.
Pros
Varied, interesting tasks
Cons
low morale
Good company
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 10, 2016
This company work in the production of cement in Puerto Rico. Your environmental of work is not good due the security is not the best. Your employer are the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cemex. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2