Cemstone Employee Reviews

Endless career opportunities for driven individuals
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 6, 2017
Cemstone is a progressive company that continues to shape and change the industry. No two days are the same as the 90 year old company continues to evolve to remain relevant and on the forefront of cutting edge technology. It is rare to find such invested and accessible owners today. The family is compassionate towards employees, customers and vendors.
Pros
Career development, strong benefits package
Company is micromanaged
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 18, 2017
This company is literally back in the stone age.The management/ family are lacking in skills to successfully run the business. They are wealthy very fortunate individuals that use their influence negativelely toward employees.
Pros
Great industry
Cons
Family ownership gets in the way.
Run
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 2, 2017
Most Toxic working environment I have ever been apart of, management has zero clue how to manage. Hours are scarce, refused to pay for DOT examination, equipment is trash, the only good portion of this job is the union plants. Everything is utter garbage, run as far as you can from here.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
No training
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 19, 2016
People there easy to get a long with.

Fast paced good benefits .
People easy to get along with. Regional manager lazy dude old,and worthless.
Pros
Health benifits real goog
Cons
Hours suck in winter. Management no good.
fun poeple to work with
Shop Lead / Fleet Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cannon Falls, MNMarch 13, 2013
No two days are the same i had many different job titles and responsibillities so every day was a new challenge, i learned how to manage other workers and how to run the plant, batching concrete,repair fleet redi mix trucks. i liked and worked well with all my coworkers. the hardest part of the job was when redi mix trucks got stuck in the mud and run tow truck to get them unstuck.the most enjoyable part was i never batched a loag of concrete that was rejected
Pros
got paid weekley
Cons
never got a lunch break
Steady and Professional place to work
Credit Svc Rep (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNAugust 9, 2012
I learned how to work in the credit department of the company. I really enjoyed my time there.
Unstable work environment
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 6, 2012
There was no typical work day. Each day was possibly at a new plant with different people. My co-workers were generally not nice people. They would often use me as a scape-goat and berate me for their own issues. Overall, it was not a friendly environment.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
terrible work environment