Cenex Employee Reviews

Great place to work and lots of help.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bottineau, NDFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work and can very well be a steady paying job. Lots of help when you first start out and great managers. You can meet new people and still do a great job at work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Lunch break you eat on the go.
Many years ago
Plant Supervisor, Lubricants Division (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 30, 2018
Cenex was traditional in old school mechanics. Automation was just hitting the shop floor during my exit with the company. Since my employment, people, processes, tools and metrics have all been recalibrated.
Fun place to work and flexible schedule
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Management is awesome willing to work with you on hours and time. Relaxed but, fun to work with management and staff. Customers are very friendly and easy to talk with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks
Laid Back
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 13, 2018
The nights are usually very slow. Most of the workers there are very nice. The manager helps when she can. I personally don't think that there are many hard parts of the job.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MinotDecember 29, 2017
Great place to work. My co-workers were great to work with most of the time, everyone had a sense of humor, even the manager. Pay was good, managers were understanding and flexible.
Pros
Great management
Cons
N/a
Slow workplace
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elba, MNDecember 28, 2017
I would say that working there it will make you fear the manager/store owner. He is a man that goes from 0 to 60 in half a second. No training is given you are just expected to know how to run everything.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hellish manager
Nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDDecember 5, 2017
Owner, manager and staff were nice to work with. They had a great customer base. Good work pace with plenty of stuff to do to stay busy. Didn't like having to change outside garbages.
worked a cash register
cashier (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDNovember 30, 2017
helping customers, cashing out customers. I learned that customers are always right. My typical day would be clocking in and help customers check them out.
fun
attendant (Former Employee) –  Vale, ORNovember 23, 2017
a typical work day was always on your feet and i learned many abilities i didn't know i had like adaptability and profound customer service skills, the hardest part of the job was staying up till 2 in the morning.
Pros
free drink while working only
Cons
not a specified time on breaks you could have your break hours after the store calms down
cenex
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, IAOctober 17, 2017
not a life long job for me, great place to work until it comes asking for time off, then its like pulling teeth. other than that, the people were great
Pros
friendly
cashier
Cashier / Checker (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 15, 2017
worked 5 days a week. mostly it was graveyard shift. stocked up the store and waited on customers. it was kinda fasted paced when it busy. the it was a little slower from time to time.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
no over time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garrison, NDSeptember 7, 2017
Cenex is a great place to work. You are always busy working, cleaning doing anything! It's a great job to work at during school, flexible scheduling. Co- workers are very nice. Have to be very polite, friendly to work at this kind of place.
Amazing work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, MNSeptember 3, 2017
You work with people who are amazing to be around and can have fun all the while getting work done would highly recommend this as a good second or very first job
Pros
Free lunches, 10.00 on weekends
Good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WISeptember 1, 2017
Good part time job. The pay was decent for the time and for a cashier position. I worked there in High School and they were very flexible with my hours.
Pros
Good part time job
Cons
No benefits
Cashier & Cook For Cenex Gas Station
Cashier & Cook/Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNAugust 31, 2017
Cenex is a great place to work! I really enjoyed interacting with the customers and conversating with them. I started out as just a cashier which was fine but they lost their cook and I mentioned I was interested and in no time, I got the position! I really enjoyed cooking and cleaning and cashiering in Cenex. I wish I could have stayed but the wages were too low.
Pros
Fun working environment, great staff, learn new things
Cons
Low wages, no hours
Quick paced.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ellendale, NDAugust 24, 2017
We never really got breaks, we were always busy. The schedules lacked. Sometimes we didn't know who worked until the day before. The typical day was morning rush at 7 lunch rust at 10:30-12:00 and supper rush at 5-7
Cons
No breaks, we couldn't take sick time.
Not a job I would want again....
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Blanchardville, WIAugust 18, 2017
As much as I liked my manager, I hated basically everyone I worked with and there was constant drama. While working in a gas station should seem easy, it was anything but since everyone constantly had to start drama and make life horrible. Plus the hours are fixed so I really do not have a life outside of my job.
Unstable hours, constantly changing team members, very low pay, no correlation between management
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 9, 2017
Employees are often required to work split shifts, the hours are never predictable, and management's requirements are constantly changing, which leads to the employee's stress level going through the roof. Employee recognition is nonexistent, resulting in low morale and very high turnover.
Cons
No breaks, constant stress, low pay, bad morale.
Very up beat place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SD 57201August 8, 2017
Duties included receiving and pay out monies. To balance the register at the end of the day. Organizing and stocking freight were extra duties during the slow periods.
Good manager, but not good at giving time off.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corning, IAJuly 25, 2017
I really liked my manager that I worked for, but with being very active amongst my school she didn't give me the time off that I had asked for. If some controversies were solved I would've never left this job.