Cenex Employee Reviews

Adequate
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNMarch 9, 2017
I love the customers I saw every shift. The process of cleaning up and making the store look presentable for the next day of business was great. Management was iffy, but tolerable.
Gas station with propane access
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDFebruary 27, 2017
The management at the time I worked there was not very well trained and kept asking me and other associates for help. But the management before was actually pretty good however he got promoted. Two managers that I worked with since 2010 were good out of 6 managers.
Pros
Free fountain pop.
Cons
Some management didn't seem to care about employees
Little Bit Of Everything
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gregory, SDJanuary 11, 2017
Here, I learned a good deal of Facing, Inventory, Filing, Customer service, as well as how to help with the basics of a car, for customers. The hardest part of the job would probably be that the filing is done in the old fashioned way with no computer.
Pros
Lots to do, fun co-workers
Cons
Not much time for breaks
Cenex
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MNDecember 11, 2016
While working at cenex it was a fun job. didn't have much complaints about the job. Just didn't like how the manager at the time when i was working handled certain situations.
Good place to work something different everyday
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Canby, MNNovember 7, 2016
Kinda tough place to work especially at harvest time with farmers needing stuff right away! Nice doing something different everyday.dealing with the public has its ups and downs. I enjoyed working at cenex.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Harvest time
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTNovember 7, 2016
Cenex was a great learning experience and made going to work fun. I was taught so many skills on and off the computer...my coworkers helped me with so much while I was there.
Pros
Friends
Cons
N/A
Terrible
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDOctober 25, 2016
overall honestly the people who work here are honest people but management and most of the supervisors outside of the front end cashier supervisors are horrible at there job. Only people who get there way is the current Kitchen supervisor Joan. They keep putting money towards one part of the place thinking that's what'll lure them in. Were travel center we need to improve the pipes for the showers, our mailing system, and our apparel store. All "big" management place blame on those below them and yell but don;t ask them to improve or show them they just say it's wrong. If you are gullible and okay with being treated unfairly and just needing the money then I understand and would suggest this place. However, if you are knowledgable in realizing when those higher then you are wrong and you are unwilling to bow down, then I suggest avoiding this place.
Pros
Co-workers help each other through the day
Cons
Unfair in to man ways to honestly say
fun and productive
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIOctober 19, 2016
Cenex is a great place to work with kind co-workers. I did not get many hours but I made sure they knew I was willing to pick up more hours if needed. Most of my co-workers were nice but some just thought they where better because they worked there longer. In the end i would recommend working for Cenex to anyone.
Pros
dicounts
What You'd Expect From a C-Store
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee) –  Oklee, MNAugust 2, 2016
If you do your job "properly" you may or may not be corrected in a bit of a condescending way. This was definitely not my favorite job. It's only part time, so of course no chance for any overtime or benefits unless you get to a manager position - which there is only one of.
great work enviroment, can be hecktic at loading facility if you have to much wait time.
CDL Class A truck driver Hazmat Propane (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 28, 2016
Typically 350 miles with propane, no force dispatch, enjoy the comrades who I work with, winter driving in ND is hard, best part is running my loads.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not my home state, not where i want to be.
Fun place, nice people, not livible job salary.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, SDJuly 23, 2016
Enjoy it as a quick way to meet people, just moved here from iowa. I'd work here off and on but would enjoy another job. I grew up on a farm and was a very physical kid through out highschool. Looking for something more intuitive and physical, with much better pay. I'd be more then willing to do the hard labor for better pay.
Pros
Peoples atmosphere.
Cons
Pay, boring.
loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wessington, SDApril 19, 2016
I loved being able to work under a family friend although it was only a summer job until I started school I still very much enjoyed it.
My employment at Cenex
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NDFebruary 23, 2016
When I worked at Cenex a typical day would start with breakfast preparation. Then we would change over to lunch about 10:15 a.m. Lunch was are busy time and would lead to dinner with the shift change.
Pros
Meeting different people, see the locals daily.
Cons
Some days very busy and we would be short on help.
Lots to do and lots of bitcing
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Black Diamond, WAFebruary 11, 2016
This a very busy job. The work is not hard it is simple. What ever you do it is never enough. If it is slow and you wash the windows and cabinets you don't get a good job from the boss. Instead you get a "well you should have done this or that" or "you didn't do it right". You are on your feet over 80% of your shift also if you want a weekend off good luck. It is like pulling teeth to get a day off.
Good Starting Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NDDecember 10, 2015
Was a good job to start with, but I didn't like the low amount of hours. The free soda and discounts on store items were really great benefits. The people there were also nice.
Pros
Free soda and discounts on store items
Cons
Low hours
Never boring being the only gas station in town.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dent, MNOctober 2, 2015
Working at Cenex is nothing short of entertaining. I meet all sorts of new people as well as get to know my regulars. It is a small store but we get a lot of people being we are the only gas station in the small town. My co-workers are amazing one of them has become one of my best friends which is probably the greatest part of the job. There isn't a lot of drama unless it is brought in from one of the two bars across the street. I believe that working here has made me more social and open to new comers. It is a very understanding place to work and the manager is very kind and open to helping accommodate with my schedule.
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
Not enough hours
I cannot say anything positive about this job. I was working in a hostile work place.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIAugust 4, 2015
I really struggled with this job. I am amazed that I lasted a year there. But I moved on and did much better for myself in the long run.
Wonderful
Cashier/Coffee Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJuly 15, 2015
While working at Cenex I was able to meet a lot of wonderful people. I got to work with wonderful people as well as meet them when they came into the store. Being able to listen to the stories that truck drivers had was a great part of my job.
Was a great company. Loved the job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Maries, IDJuly 15, 2015
Was a wonderful job. Loved it. But needed more pay to make it . For the duty's that i did . Open and .closed store Ordering . loading trucks. Books. Cash Recites . Banking. Sales. Problem solving.
Pros
Great comapnay
Every day is a new adventure !
Team Lead / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Plaine, Mn.July 9, 2015
One never knows what will come during a shift.

There is food to made, shelves to stocked and cleaned, trash removal, orders to be placed, repair equipment, deliveries to checked in and put away.

There are rules and regulation to followed, company rules, city, state and federal laws applied.

Most importantly customer care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenex. Our community is ready to answer.