Cenex Employee Reviews in United States

loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wessington, SDApril 19, 2016
I loved being able to work under a family friend although it was only a summer job until I started school I still very much enjoyed it.
Lots to do and lots of bitcing
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Black Diamond, WAFebruary 11, 2016
This a very busy job. The work is not hard it is simple. What ever you do it is never enough. If it is slow and you wash the windows and cabinets you don't get a good job from the boss. Instead you get a "well you should have done this or that" or "you didn't do it right". You are on your feet over 80% of your shift also if you want a weekend off good luck. It is like pulling teeth to get a day off.
Good Starting Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NDDecember 10, 2015
Was a good job to start with, but I didn't like the low amount of hours. The free soda and discounts on store items were really great benefits. The people there were also nice.
Pros
Free soda and discounts on store items
Cons
Low hours
Never boring being the only gas station in town.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dent, MNOctober 2, 2015
Working at Cenex is nothing short of entertaining. I meet all sorts of new people as well as get to know my regulars. It is a small store but we get a lot of people being we are the only gas station in the small town. My co-workers are amazing one of them has become one of my best friends which is probably the greatest part of the job. There isn't a lot of drama unless it is brought in from one of the two bars across the street. I believe that working here has made me more social and open to new comers. It is a very understanding place to work and the manager is very kind and open to helping accommodate with my schedule.
Pros
Wonderful People
Cons
Not enough hours
I cannot say anything positive about this job. I was working in a hostile work place.
Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WIAugust 4, 2015
I really struggled with this job. I am amazed that I lasted a year there. But I moved on and did much better for myself in the long run.
Wonderful
Cashier/Coffee Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJuly 15, 2015
While working at Cenex I was able to meet a lot of wonderful people. I got to work with wonderful people as well as meet them when they came into the store. Being able to listen to the stories that truck drivers had was a great part of my job.
Was a great company. Loved the job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Maries, IDJuly 15, 2015
Was a wonderful job. Loved it. But needed more pay to make it . For the duty's that i did . Open and .closed store Ordering . loading trucks. Books. Cash Recites . Banking. Sales. Problem solving.
Pros
Great comapnay
Every day is a new adventure !
Team Lead / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Plaine, Mn.July 9, 2015
One never knows what will come during a shift.

There is food to made, shelves to stocked and cleaned, trash removal, orders to be placed, repair equipment, deliveries to checked in and put away.

There are rules and regulation to followed, company rules, city, state and federal laws applied.

Most importantly customer care.
unfriendly
Sales Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dupree, SDJune 2, 2015
This job carries a lot of stress. I would not recommend anyone working here. Work environment is very miserable. Co-workers are extremely unfriendly.
Great experience, they taught me how your passion can die if you let it.
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NDJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at Cenex was easy physically but mentally draining.
I already knew how to cook but they taught me a lot more than just preheating an oven and throwing food in for half an hour.
Management for the kitchen poor. It could have been ran better. A lot of favoritism, a lot of careless action going on. Too much hard talk not a lot of follow through. Unprepared, horrible communication skills, a lot of inconsideration. I can go on and on. Though I liked the manager, I didn't like what the environment i was working in was turning in to.
My co-workers were fun. Just like any other work place, you've got the ones you can't stand and the ones you vibe with. Luckily I got along with everyone for the most part.
There wasn't a hard part. I'd say the most frustrating part of my job was picking up a lot of everyone's slack, knowing that just because I'd do it, some people felt like they didn't have to. I'm a solo person, I'm fine working alone. But when it comes to having team players, I'm indeed a team player. I expect what I any regular person would expect from their co-workers; back me up as I would for you when I see you're getting slammed and overwhelmed.
Doing what I loved. Cooking and working.
Pros
the perks! the lovely bonuses, working with cool people.
Cons
being taken advantage of. not being appreciated for what i did..
Cashier
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NDJanuary 16, 2015
Ring customers items up. Answered and helped any customer with their needs. Took payment for items being purchased
Pros
got breaks
Cons
favoritism
A good place to learn
Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 28, 2014
Learned a bookkeeping program for cooperatives, filing, Accounts payable, data entry.

The GM left a lot to be desired, the manager at the Dalton location was a great man.

At the Dalton location I did cashiering bookkeeping, deposits, and helping customers
Could've been a great place to work
C-Store - Manager (Former Employee) –  West Salem, WINovember 3, 2014
Was a great place to work until the company hired a Director of Retail to oversee multiple stores. She was unprofessional in every aspect. She belittled employees and abused her power.

Best part of the job was the multiple vendors and customers!
Productive and Interesting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Town, NDSeptember 30, 2014
A day was often busy but never boring, I learned a lot about North Dakota and the community.
Management was wonderful, they made me feel like part of a family.
My co-workers were very fun warm loving people.
The hardest part of my job was walking on ice to get inside, It was a very easy job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being in the work environment that I was with being hands on with the community.
Pros
the shift i worked aloud me to be home with my niece.
Cons
not much parking at work.
It had a lot of responsibilities.
Gas Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 22, 2014
I worked from 4 am to 12 pm. Sometimes I stayed longer to get extra hours. I learned how to refill things. I learned how to work the cash register. The managers was really nice and helpful when I needed help they was there to help me. My co-workers was nice and helpful too, besides one she didn't like me because she was supposed to train me how to do things and she only talked about them. When the manager asked me to do refill the coffee machines I looked at her like I don't know how to do that I was never taught how to do that. The hardest part of one of my responsibilities was filling propane. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing the cash register.
Pros
we got free drinks from the fountains or free coffee and tea
Cons
hated getting up at 4 in the morning
Comfortable work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MIJune 28, 2014
Cenex is a great place to work temporarily! The environment is laid back with the main expectations placed in customer satisfaction. There are light cleaning duties expected with the occasional extra chore to be done, but overall quite relaxing. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with and the customers that come in. The downside to the station is the compensation being a solid minimum wage with no room for advancement.
Pros
relaxing environment.
Cons
compensation.
Cenex
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, MNMarch 22, 2014
great place for starting out, managers are amazing and fun to work with!
Great manager!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plainview, MNOctober 21, 2013
It is a great place to work at... There are a few kinks that need to be worked out but for the most part I love it!
Pros
great manager!
Cons
pay
i loved my job, and i miss my customers, but i want more out of my career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDOctober 3, 2013
Customers always felt they were first.very personable work place.I opened at 5am set the tills up, then stsarted helping with breakfast. While gong back and forth from till to food. Ordered for the store.put orders in for food. My employees always worked right beside me.when I left they also moved on. The hardest thing was never getting help from the top. But I still managed to do the best I could.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
gm was not involved enough
Cenex Corporate is a good company to work for.
Overnight Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJune 15, 2013
worked night shift in a 24/7 store. cash handling procedures at all times. management was very good in my opinion. Problem customers but that is with most businesses. the people who were my regulars were very pleasant.