CENIKOR FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

Demanding Job but Rewarding
Department Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 3, 2017
Working with clients and helping they work on tools to maintain sobriety.

I learned that helping others is the most rewarding thing I have ever done.

Management is a little disorganized.

Hardest part is loosing clients.
Management is horrible
BHT (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXFebruary 21, 2017
One minute you were told one thing and it would change the next day. Communication through company email was laughable. No consistency and with all this supposed communication very little important information was communicated. Some of the staff are there because it's their passion to help others and some are there to complain and cause drama. Overall not a good place to work. Management was extremely unprofessional. Biased, no accountability and childish.
Great Learning Experience
Certified Medical Assistant/MedTech (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2017
There's never a dull moment in substance abuse always fast pace very interesting and very busy, can be mentally demanding but heart filling knowing your helping people everyday through their struggles.
Great Place to Work with Supportive Environment
Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
Cenikor provides a culture of accountability and dedication. There is a true feeling of family - in that each member of the team pushes their colleagues and themselves to be the very best. There is not a spirit of competition but of collaboration to the benefit and service of our clients. It is a very fast-paced environment, built on fiscal responsibility and quality care. That said, each day is rewarding to work with some outstanding people while working together to make a difference in the lives of those in need.
Pros
Genuine communication, opportunities for growth
Cons
Fast-paced environment
Always different
Driver (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 21, 2016
It has been a great experience . I have gotten to know new people. Have had a great time hearing some of the stories people have from their experiences overall it has been eye opening and has helped me to get know myself better
Pros
Get to know new people
Cons
Low pay, Long days
Very unorganized with little support for medical staff
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2016
Cenikor, in theory, sounds like a great program. However, there is little to no support for the licensed medical staff. At times you are the only licensed nurse with maybe 1-2 MHTs that are not adequately trained for a medical emergency. The nurse is responsible for up to 12 detox patients and 28 residential patients. No safety training or plan of action should a patient become combative. Medications are not properly accounted for and no security for the Nurse in the Med room. I actually witnessed a patient being handed an unlabeled pill organizer with who knows what kind of meds to take out whatever they needed. Basically, if you don't care about your license being put in jeopardy every day then this is a great place to work!
My review
Credentialing Insurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77079April 27, 2016
A typical day at work changes all the time. I am busy all day with different tasks that arise. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time and I am grateful for this opportunity.
Mangement is Awesome
Program Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
The people that are in place for various positions I believe were hand picked by God because they really do their position well. If the pay were to increase I would not be wanting to seek out other employment.
Interesting treatment program for alcohol and drugs.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 6, 2016
This program was developed in a correctional facility. As someone who has never experience this culture, I was in shock. This was not a good fit for me.
I enjoyed the challenge of working with these clients. They were very respectful and cooperative.
Management were former graduates of the program and were very knowledgeable about the program philosophy. This program does have some success.
There was a lot of preferential treatment. One client was given the run of the place and acted inappropriately toward female clients. He was always believed by management. It eventually came out that he had acted inappropriately with at least one female client.
There were other problems with other clients but not as serious as this one.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Great place to work if you have no ethics and no life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 16, 2015
No flex time, no holiday time, expected to work hours beyond what you are paid, behavior of upper management is the antithesis.of their stated "core values." SOLE mission of this alleged non-profit is to pad the pockets of the "Corporate" employees.
Pros
Cons
Pay is below market, shortcuts are taken at every opportunity, patients are viewed as subhuman, yet felons are routinely hired, even at the corporate level.
Cenikor is a great place to work
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 5, 2015
Cenikor has many oppotunities for advancement. I enjoyed working for them and hope to have the oppotunity to work for them once again.
Pros
they belive in helping clients to the extreme
Cons
paperwork
Enterprising Company
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed the continuation of ideas and experience displaying how enterprising this company was. They continued to challenge me with various types of clients / patients to help me learn and improve in my talents.
Not a good place to work, poor managenent
unknown (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 10, 2015
Very poor managenent, and director. The clients are suppose to be first priority, but instead management is all about self. Management needs to be investigated by the upper management team. The director and other management personnel are very close friends. Clients don't get a second chance at anything, they get put out the program by management. The program is for clients to get it together instead of management putting them out the first time something happens. I think if they would get a management team that's for the clients and not against the clients it would be a better place to work.
Pros
helping the clients
Cons
management, and director
I am a current employee of the new Detox Department
Behavioral Technicain Detox Department (Current Employee) –  Deer Park/ Houston, TexasApril 5, 2015
I am living the dream at Cenikor, don't get me wrong there are moments, but it is just that moments for the most part awesome days of helping people help themselves.
Pros
Great excutive mangement and departmental mangement. Insurance package is out of this world, college tution reinbursement program. Advancement opportunties from within the company.
Cons
Just the typical run of the mill of recovery
Run the other way.
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Terrible management. No training. Bad hours of work. Low pay. Cult like atmosphere. Work camp. Care more about the bottom dollar then the clients. It's horrible. If you are considering it, don't waste your time.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great Environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
The hardest job is staying awake
I work overnights
The management is excellent
The easiest part is talking to the residents
Commited to serving those in need
CLinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 24, 2014
Excellent place to work, dedicated to client care and employee satisfaction.
They are writing their own reviews
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeJuly 23, 2014
Horrible place to work. Virtually no professionalism in managers and staff. They put more emphasis on using the clients to fill positions so that the wages stay low and replace qualified people with graduates with little to no experience.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
No communication between staff/ very unprofessional staff
Rewarding place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2014
Working as a substance abuse counselor can sometimes be very stressful, however, it's also very rewarding, I love working with the public and helping others. My co-workers and I work as a team, effective communication is the key. The hardest part of my job is watching a client leave the program before their time and return to their old way of living. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching families come together again.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Health insurance benefits
You have the opportunity to really help people.
Community Resource Manager/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 15, 2014
Due to the affordable care act many dramatic changes are occurring on all levels of the organization.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
No flex time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENIKOR FOUNDATION. Our community is ready to answer.