Cenlar FSB

Cenlar FSB United States Employee Reviews

If you are applying for a Supervisor position...Don't bother
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed most of the people I worked with
Cons: Job duties and position are not as represented
Believe me, if you are bringing years of experience in a supervisory position, it will not get used here. The only time you are a supervisor is when a frustrated customer does not want to deal with a CSR any longer and wants a supervisor. Oh, and that is between the normal customer calls you are required to take. You will be nothing more than a glorified call center rep. I had never seen turnover in the management ranks as much as I had seen it here. For 2 years I had kept hearing how things were going to change and how they wanted to get management off the phones. By the time I left, things were worse than they were 2 years prior. Much of this can be attributed to an extremely weak call center management team that has no idea how to formulate and initiate a plan. The answer is always "All Hands on Deck" basically meaning to get on the phones. As a supervisor you will spend at least 70% - 80% of your day on the phone. There is no time for coaching and performing 1 on 1's with your team so you will be told to just sit with them and listen to a few calls. This will then get logged as a 1 on 1 so the reports that get forwarded to upper management look good. I feel like I wasted 2 years working at Cenlar waiting to see if things would actually change even though I had come to realize quite a bit sooner that they would not. Take this for what it is worth and make up your own mind if you want to pursue an opportunity with Cenlar.
Not a long term company
Customer Service/ Research Specialist (Current Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: management is horrible; not a fun company
A good start for college student seeking employment right away, but not a long term company. Not allowed to do anything but answer calls ALL DAY LONG.
Apply for anything else but Customer Interaction
Quality Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Ewing, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Since working at central, I have been lied to, bullied, told just how I'm not a team player and I'm not dependable.
unless you are a favorite who has no previous knowledge of any other working environment, you will not do well in CI. if you ask any questions or disagree with management they say you are negative. if you don't volunteer for what ever they want, they will say you are not a team player. and if you don't work 14 hours a day and come in on your days off, then your not dependable.
save your self the stress. unless you are desperate, apply for anything else. it's simply not worth it.
DO NOT WORK HERE
Rep (Former Employee), Ewing, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: year end bonus
Cons: everything else
Forget the job description that you are hired for, they don't care or follow them. "get on the phones!!!!!!!!!!!"

Call Center VP is a rude, unprofessional leader...she has 3 morons who could not buy a clue reporting to her acting as Call Center Manager's and they are a joke and have no idea how to run a successful call center.

The Supervisors/QCC actually are the one's with the intelligence, people skills and leadership abilities.

You will regret ever working here, I sure do!
Productive, learned alot about mortgage industry. Team effort environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Private Label DepartmentJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short lunches
Days at the call center were always busy especially during pre-tax and tax season. Learned alot from the 4wk training period and there were specific training sessions held afterward the initial training period. Management was always supportive and worked with me on any questions I had relating to the job and my responsibilities to the customers. They were also very receptive to different approaches and ideas you had. The company is very "team player" oriented, which is a positive quality for any CSR. Majority of the members of your specific team would have no problem working with and beside another member to solve a customer problem.
The hardest part of the job was having to resign.
Most enjoyable part of my day was when a customer would tell me that I had done more for them on that call than anyone else including their tax professional.
dont get your hopes up....low morale
loan servicing agent (Former Employee), ewingNovember 1, 2014
Cenlar is definately not the best place to make a living with. High turnover and can only apply through a staffing agency. the position for loan servicing agent is a cover up for collections rep be prepared to face disappointing customers. the environment of the company has a very low morale and turnover rate.Great for accounting majors but dont plan to stay for long.There is something better than..........cenlar.
Good entry level job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), EwingOctober 29, 2014
Pros: compensation, friendly environment
Cons: super stressful
I think that Cenlar is a good place to work. I think that the compensation is good too. If you are willing to work hard, you can progress.
Great first job.
Financial Analyst/ Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Ewing, NJJuly 22, 2014
Face paced but great environment to work in.

Allows for a lot of hands on work.

Great for recent graduates.
NA
Default Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee), Ewing, NJJuly 19, 2014
The co-workers are very friendly and an enjoyable place to work.
A great entry level job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Ewing, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: experience gained, co-workers, working with the public
Cons: short breaks, hours
Working at Cenlar helped me gain the tools to deal with the public under multiple different circumstances. I have learned so much about mortgage during my time working here, and I am truly greatful for that.
Cenlar is a good company that offers alot of benefits to employees.
RECONCILIATIONS ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Ewing NJMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexability and the free lunches for when we had to stay due to unforseen circumstances.
Cons: health care expense.
I was usually the second person to arrive in the Payoff Dept. I was always greeted with a smile and a good morning from M.
I learned that with or without a degree people can be trained in any job function.
My direct Supervisor was fair understanding and trust worthy.
The hardest part was leaving the most enjoyable my team.
" Jealous, Old, Crabs In A Barrel "
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ewing, NJApril 30, 2014
Pros: pay pretty decent, bday parties
Cons: working conditions were hostile, and management inability to fix or try to resolve issues. favoritism among employees, discrimination and immature management style
A Review from a Previous Employee:

Under-educated, Under-Experienced, Ill-Managed (and that's just the management ).

This company prides itself on being "an employee owned company", yet they are all about self. Their customer service department is managed by a bunch of emasculating, over-bearing, fat, envious women and soft-spoken, emasculated, "keep your head tucked low", smile in your face but really hate the job just as bad as you, men.

Most of the managers there don't have a college degree background, they just "worked" their way up the ranks from customer service rep, to ops supervisor, to service leader and in some cases call center manager. And are threatened and intimidated by the young, educated women who come and actually show they know and have what it takes to complete the job. They punish their smartest reps with warnings and vindictive stints to keep them trapped in customer service.

They literally hire anyone that comes in to the job fairs. The job itself is so depressing that there are temps that are taking anti-depressants just to cope with the unbearable conditions.

You sit in a dreary cubicle, with supervisors hounding you about unfinished tasks and unrealistic talk times while there are bigger issues that need to be resolved to keep homes from avoiding foreclosure.

The tax vendor would forget to pay property taxes in some cases or pay them late causing some homeowners to have penalty charges. Quite often I have seen cases of possible sheriff's sales all because when the loan was set up we didn't receive a tax bill or bother to check to see which quarter – more... taxes were last paid.

Even worse is the insurance department ! I have witnessed and heard instances of HORROR STORIES when it comes to insurance. Their sub-contractor, a South Carolina based company, has gone on record for paying the 1) wrong insurance company, causing polices to lapse 2) the wrong amount of insurance premium, causing an advance balance in escrow 3) sending out payments to 2 different ins companies, and not replenishing the shortage caused by the double payment, 4) never updating the Insurance information in an account, therefore never paying the premium to renew The policy, which then results in their current policy being cancelled and then Cenlar force placing insurance for however many months you weren't covered.

The rules and regulations constantly change throughout the day and the only communication you get is via email. There is no value for team work, in fact they encourage you not to consult your peers for help, instead they want you to resort a non-user-friendly manual that's a hyperlink and it's never updated. In other cases you can either try your luck by dialing the assistance/supervisor line which is about the chance you winning the power ball that you'll get a rep that can give a consistent answer. Most people provide assistance based on their experience with other customers.

Bottom Line, this is a horrible loan servicer company, which I will thank for providing me an inside look into the mortgage industry practices, all the while scaring me from ever purchasing a home for the very simple
possibility of it ever being serviced by Cenlar.

They don't provide adequate training to their employees, and the inter-departmental handlings of crises are nothing but a mere finger-pointing and blame game, until presented with a presidential complaint then everyone wants to play nice. Therefore, that is why you will never get the same answer or response when you call customer service. If that rep took the time to self learn the manual then you may have a shot, otherwise you're dealing with a melting pot of ego, confusion, and the poor peoples of America's mortgages.

The fact of the matter is, the issue will never be resolved when you don't have people who truly care about the welfare of its homeowners. Managing, mentoring, and mitigating. I really do pray and hope change will come for this company. – less
Motivating and fun environment to work in. Management and business help to motivate and encourage group or development to benefit both employee and co
Foreclosure Processor (Current Employee), Ewing, NJApril 4, 2014
Pros: paid vacation and holidays off, health and dental benefits
Cons: n/a
Enjoyable and enjoyable work environment. This company encourages growth and development to benefit both the employee and the company long and short term. This company does provide reliable resources for developing skills and education by offering online courses along with personal one on one training. This company's management and staff is approachable and easy to communicate with. I was able to develop the valuable skills and knowledge required to perform my daily duties along with developing the valuable skills and knowledge for a successful career in the industry. I am currently still an employee and enjoy my daily experience working there so much that I have not considered pursuing another job at another company in the same industry.

The most challenging part of my job would be maintaining the self drive to continue to learn new things every day and being able to adapt to consistent change. I personally excel in multi tasking and enjoy being extremely self driven. I enjoy a daily challenge and enjoy learning something new everyday, in my opinion these are vital skills for a job in this industry. These personal traits have given me the ability to utilize the resources this company offers to gain the knowledge about the industry required to perform my job along with developing vital office work environment skills.
Rewarding Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ewing, NJMarch 7, 2014
Pros: easy access to management
Cons: short breaks, later shift
Temporary Employment

Answered customer inquiries via phone

I was able to learn a lot about the mortgage industry
productive
Financial counselor (Former Employee), Ewing, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great training programs
Cons: no room for growth
typically a hard day, I learned to be very detailed and thorough with clients. Management should have been better, co-workers were fighting to stay at float with job that they would do anything for everyone to get fired so they wouldn't get fired. the hardest part of job was not being able to change hrs. based on management discrimination and having to leave as a result. The most enjoyable part of job as that I could help someone in need.
A job, not a career.
Customer service rep (Current Employee), EwingNovember 29, 2013
Pros: nice building. paychecks clear.
Cons: either boring or angry calls, user-unfriendly work manual, beehive mentality, not enough parking spaces, strict work environment, underpaid, considering your responsibilities.
Work as a customer service rep. You feel like a worker bee. You're on a "team" but there really isn't a feeling of being on a team. Just hundreds of faces sitting in their cubes for eight hours, taking calls that are either mundane or frustrating, with the occasional angry screaming customer. You rarely speak to your co-workers because you're constantly taking calls. You can go through a whole week and hardly speak to any of them. Six weeks of intense classroom training. Near the end of training you start to take live calls and find out that some of your call coaches started just a couple of months before you did. Low pay for your responsibilities. Work manual that's not user friendly and constantly being updated. Meanwhile, you have a customer on hold while you are scanning the manual to find the right solutions. Oh, and forget about getting help from supervisors. You're on the supervisor queue for five or more minutes waiting to get through. In the meantime you're expected to have an average call time of six minutes. Most of the calls relate to problems with real estate tax or insurance bills. The problem is, taxes and insurance are handled by sub-contractor companies and communication with them is strictly by email, no phones calls. An angry customer wanting an answer right now why their bill has not been paid doesn't want to wait around for an email response.
Then there's Q.A., some who were just hired weeks before you, quickly trained in customer calls, and then listen in on your calls and nit-picking for minor mistakes. "You didn't confirm the customer's email address". – more... Really, I'm getting dinged for that? And you're expected to end all calls with the scripted "My goal today was to provide you with excellent customer satisfaction. Have I achieved that goal?". I actually had customers laugh at me when I said that, asked me if I read that off a card, or wondered who's idea was ending a call like that. Overall, it's a transitional job that you take until something better shows up. A job, not a career. – less
Worst Company to Work For
Default (Former Employee), Ewing, NJOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: poor benefits, low pay, company morale very low
* Lowest paid employees
* Horrible mortgage servicer
* Executive management has no idea how to service the portfolio of loans they own
* Do not properly train their people
* All management there is not knowledgeable of the mortgage servicing industry
* Do not comply with laws and regulations
The worst job I have ever had
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Ewing, NJOctober 15, 2013
Pros: you learn about mortgages, you meet interesting people
Cons: inadequate training for the type of calls, small work space, poor hr department, minimal advancement opportunity
Cenlar is the total opposite of working in corporate America. At no time while I was at Cenlar did I ever feel that the company had any clue on how to run a business professionally. My very first indication was with the Human Resources Department. I originally went to one of the many open house events where they "pretend" to do pre-screening of potential employees. I don't think that any of the HR personnell actually have any HR experience. I was told when I was hired by one of the "HR" reps that I had been hired for a Client Specialist position which was more in line with my background of Account Management. While in the training (this is the only positive area in my description of this company) I was told that I was actually hired as a Customer Service Rep., that was my first issue with Cenlar. Once they push you through the training, you are put on a "team" believe me, there is no "team" atmosphere at this company, you are given a cube the size of a rat hole that I am told is modeled after many call centers. You get the screw face if you are not one of the chosen few on your team that kisses up to your manager, if you stand up, talk to other employees or have a strong personality...the feel "challenged".

This job would work well as a part time job. When you are on the phone for 8 hours with customers that are yelling at you, calling you names and threatening you (and your only recourse is to transfer them to a supervisor--who don't answer the phone) it makes you wonder who is running the asylum.

The positive portion of this job has nothing to do with the job. I met some – more... awesome people in my training class that I hope will continue to be a part of my life.

If you don't have a mortgage you learn about mortgages from the customer complaints, The training is good but out of date, They use a manual that changes daily and is disregarded depending on the client or how much the customer complains.

Cenlar is the worst mortgage servicing company, they use unreliable third party sourcing companies for the distribution of taxes and insurance. On many occassions customers have called in tears or totally irrate because their taxes or insurance was not paid on time or at all. I feel sorry for customers that were mislead through either a new loan or a re-financed loan then have to deal with a customer service rep that can only spend 6 minutes to try to resolve all of the issues that a loan originator had promised. If you have a mortgage, make sure Cenlar is not servicing your mortgage...refinance immediately! – less
Cenlar FSB is a great place to work if your looking for stability.
Foreclosure Technician (Former Employee), Ewing, NJSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: subordinates
Cons: management
A typical day at work was very interesting and busy. I've learned by demanding training through their Human Resource Department. Their Management is very Unethical and unprofessional. My co-workers were the best people in the world. The hardest of part of the job is being able to learn on your on. I received extensive training when I worked in the Customer Service Department and Collections. Training will not exist if your job isn't dealing the with telephones. The most enjoyable part of the job is the mortgagors and the co-workers. Cenlar can be a great place to work if they chose better managers.
The worst job I've ever had.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Ewing, NJAugust 25, 2013
Cons: i gave cenlar an f grade during my exit interview.
Do not work for Cenlar! They misrepresented the job description when I applied. Only 1 out of 9 people from my training class are left after only a total of 4 months. Being unemployed is better than working for this ill-managed, hostile employer. It is scary to think that they manage mortgages for people across the country.

If someone tells you that they heard good things about Cenlar, ask them when they heard that. Someone from my training class who left recently, had worked for Cenlar ten years ago and said that it is a completely different work place - hostile, understaffed and poorly managed.

Cenlar FSB Salaries