Cenlar FSB Employee Reviews

It Okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 9, 2017
Keep you head down. Work. Build relationships to get through difficult times. Management is supportive but there is always a limit. Not the best but okay place. Certainly better places in the region.
Needs better opportunities for advancement
SR. COLLECTIONS TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Cenlar needs to offer better opportunities for management and better conditions. They state that there are plenty of opportunites but they seem to hire out of the office management jobs
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
opportunities
Great place
Satisfaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJSeptember 8, 2017
For the time I was there I really like working at Cenlar, Yes there were some ups and some downs but that just comes with the job. All in all it was a great place to work with great management and extremly friendly people
Management needs training
Service Release Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJAugust 28, 2017
The high turnover of managers/supervisors in my department resulted inconsistency in training and efficiency . Processes where not documented and resulted in many errors which would in turn fall on the person completing the task. Management cared solely on annual raises and did not take responsibility for training team players.
Horrible
Sr. Loan Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 4, 2017
The only thing good about the job is the pay.. everything else is horrible. breaks, unorganized, and things change literally every min. and Management doesn't know Anything.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
You Work For Your Money
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJuly 3, 2017
I got paid fairly decent. The training they give you is great. Job is repetitive and high stress. Started off in call center and mad my way into default as a permanent employee.
Pros
Great way to get into the mortgage industry. Temp to Perm
Cons
You can get black balled. History of hiring friends and family.
Productive and Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2017
Learned about mortgage industry, sub-servicing company for mortgages. Great supporting supervisors for each team. Unsatisfied with mandatory overtime and over stressful work environment.
unstable work place
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 16, 2017
A typical day at Cenlar, was very busy and I handled about 100 outbound and inbound calls a day. There was very limited staff, so a day to day shift was very hectic. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helping people keep their homes. Working here i learned to always remain humble, because I can easily be on the other end of the phone one day.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
management
n/a
Foreclosure Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 13, 2017
Communication is nonexistent and no room for growth and development. Very unprofessional and not employee friendly. Only at the Arizona location. Company overall ok.
keep hope alive
Communications Administrator/Root Cause Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 12, 2017
this company is still growing so there is plenty of room to improve. I worked for Cenlar for 2 1/2 years. There is a lot to learn and great opportunities if you know the right people.
Frustrating work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 3, 2017
It is very difficult working in an environment where no one is happy. It seems like every person, no matter the department, is upset and wants to work in a different department.
very poor work experience
Foreclosure Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 11, 2017
I have nothing good to say about this company, so i will say nothing at all. i have actually contacted an attorney in reference to my termination.....
Pros
nothing i can think of
Cons
favoritism, clicks, split office feuds between NJ and AZ and managers talk about each other all the time, so unprofessional
Interesting place to work
Customer Care Associate II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2017
High paying job yet do not make a career out of this place. Not a long term position. Read the reviews from customers whose loan is being serviced....
Pros
Bonus every year, salary, company paid health insurance
Cons
Have to hit 60-80 calls a day or else your job is at stake.
Customer Service / Call Center
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 19, 2017
Let me give you an honest cut throat, no holds barred inside scoop! Some Operations Supervisors are decent, congenial, & will let you be YOU & let you do your work. Unfortunately, you are assigned new Supervisors who are new & young (whom have an irritating, idiotic style of management). I tried to deviate away from all office politics & just did my work the best I could. Very Unfortunately, I was assigned on a team that was led by a hypocritical, millenial age group Supervisor, whom would write me up every opportunity /chance he got. This was hypocrisy at its' finest! Folks! Be warned, this is a great company which has a lot of hope & potential. But it really depends especially in Customer Service Dept. who your Supervisor is. That person will make or break you! I worked here for a few years, and not ever did I have a Supervisor who would inflict all types of hypocrisies with me, but let it slickly sly by like a snake when it came to others!!!! He thought I didn't notice but the few months that he was my Supervisor, he did everything in his power to make me look miserable, write me up & for the same reasons not write others up, this latter part I know for a fact, show favoritism to a proven tee. I never had any problems until he came along. My work is super & I know my stuff in this industry. Some of the management will tell you one thing but do the other. They monitor you for every miniscule matter, too much over micromanaged Call Center. Ever since I had a new Supervisor, he would be chit chatting up a storm & he amongst Supervisors, Service Leaders  more... (a step above Sups.) would be having a good ole' grand ole' time being LOUD & discussing everything about their personal lives from relationship stories, school stories, their financial matters, etc. - all at the same time when us Customer Service Agents are busy on the phone!!! Everyone has adjacent desks - so it's extremely disturbing when Management talks up a storm & yet you are with a consumer/ borrower on the phone.

You will be monitored by your phone log ins, bathroom breaks, if you get up to get coffee/tea, internet usage even if you are on a new website (all at the same time management gets away with all this & then some - double standards galore!), new Supervisors like things done their way or the highway, no room for flexibility, if you're typing notes in on phone call and it's more than 30 seconds or a minute you get reprimanded, & warned?!?!!??? It's absolutely strange & laughable. Mind you work is more accomplished & appreciated when you let employees just do their work. You also get in trouble if you don't write notes in their mainframe about what pertains to the call. So does that make any logical sense? More than a double edged sword, it's actually a triple edged sword if I look at all the angles in which you are controlled over in Call Center. Even if you are trying to help the consumers, I mean lighten up management, you can't push call time deadlines, these calls take anywhere from 10 to 15 to 30 or even 50 mins talk times. The topics are not the easiest and one consumers ask about their taxes, insurance, escrow, & exemptions it is a several minute process. It can't be concluded or determined by management's ridiculous forecasting methods!
Pros
Great paid training program where they give you a chance to really learn, the shift differential extra pay, some of your fellow coworkers, holiday end of year bonus for everyone, quiet location
Cons
Micromanagement, walkie talkies being used up & down the aisles to micromanage you even some more, unfair unscrupulous tactics used by some Supervisors only, you are just a mere statistic there in Customer Service- you won't feel valued as a human being
Cenlar
Default Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 14, 2017
Good environment. Friendly staff. The day is spent on the phone with sometimes aggregated customers. Feel that Loss Mitigation often takes awhile to achieve approval or denial.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
QA-nit pics for everything
Worse place to work
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 6, 2017
No job security and the better you do the closet to the door you get. Be a mess up and you get help. Super micromanagement. No room to breathe muchless do your job right. Nothing is consistent muchless WE not management. God forbid if you need to ise the bathroom. They time you on that too.Don't try your luck with Cenlar!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks no restroom breaks no life there
pretty decent job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 2, 2017
This place is very organized in the CI department. All other departments are still underconstruction and need better leaders. I did enjoy working here however your shift may change w/o notice.
Pros
pay
Cons
shifts change without notice
Good company....
Default Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 1, 2017
Cenlar is a great company, recently moved out west from NJ. I have enjoyed my time there. There is a lot of room to grow and opportunity to advance. I have worked in mortgages for a long time and this has been one of my better experiences.
Worst job ever
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Only consider if you are desperate, there is no cohesion between departments, tax\insurance depts don't take calls so you're expected to explain things that take years of experience to angry homeowners. They use unreliable 3rd party companies to make tax and insurance payments, can't tell you how many times i got calls saying "my taxes and\or insurance were not paid" good luck explaining that bc its next to impossible to get answers. You will work with alot of great people but feel like you work with total strangers bc you're glued to the phone all day. The building interior is dark and dreary , it sucks the life out of you. If you go through a temp agency and they tell you its temp to perm, consider it temp bc they never make temps permanent, it sucks when the guy sitting next to you who started on the same day makes more and has benefits bc they didn't go through a temp agency. Also, the rep from the temp agency told me i would be making $2 an hour more than i ended up getting, and when i called them out on the error they apologized but said it wasnt going to change. To this day, and forever, this will be by far the worst job ever. You will hate your life. Only consider if youre on the verge of being homeless, and even then, its almost better than working for such a lackluster company as Cenlar.
Pros
I dont work there anymore
Cons
No cohesion between departments, dark dreary office environment
A good place to work
Servicing Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Various opportunities for advancement and growth. Company has grown tremendously since I have been employed there. End of year bonus each year that I have worked there. Company holiday party and cookout.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenlar FSB. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8