Work Location : Austin, TX
Duration : 3 - 6 Months ( extension possible )
Start Date : ASAP
Interview Process : Skype
Candidate will develop Business Objects reports to support decision making and analytical support for Cost Planning business area of a multinational computer technology corporation. We're looking for deep knowledge of Universe Development as well as demonstrated SQL and BO report development skills.
Successful candidates will have strong technical experience, in-depth understanding of the design and development methodologies for creating Business Intelligence solutions in large companies using Data Warehouses and Data Marts. The candidate will also have experience in dealing directly with business and technical SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), is result oriented and has the ability to execute the assigned responsibilities with minimum supervision.
Required Skills and Experience
· Must have 7 years of Business Objects development experience as well as experience developing BO Universes, reports, dashboards and scorecards.
· Working experience with a variety of Business Objects products (ex. Universes Designers, Reports, Web Intelligence, Broadcast Agent, and Supervisor.).
· Data access design and complex SQL development.
· Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL tools, such as, TOAD, SQL Navigator and SQL Developer.
· ETL development using Informatica.
· Consolidation with the warehouse residing on Teradata 13 with feeds from Oracle data base, Access, and Excel.
· Modeling and building universes based on business requirements, best practices and standards; creation of functional and technical design specifications
· Delivery of reports using Business Objects XI R3.1.
· Testing of reports against universes and database connections.
· Work with business analysts to understand requirements.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Rate: $45-50/hr corp to corp/1099