Customer Service Technician
Centage Corporation is the leading provider of Business Performance Management (BPM) software solutions for small to mid-sized organizations that streamline the budgeting, planning, forecasting, consolidation and reporting process. Since 1995, thousands of licenses of Budget Maestro® and Planning Maestro® have been sold worldwide, enabling managers at all levels to dramatically simplify their budgeting process and improve the accuracy and efficiency of their overall business planning process.
We offer a fun, challenging work atmosphere, the opportunity to be a significant contributor in an entrepreneurial environment, and excellent growth potential.
This position will be a key member of the Technical Support team. The key components of this role are the ability to isolate, troubleshoot, and debug complex customer product issues in addition to possessing a deep knowledge of database technologies, specifically SQL 2005 and SQL 2008. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are demanded as well as the ability to exhibit a high level of comfort while interfacing directly with technical and non-technical customers.
- Respond to support requests from customers and prospects via telephone and email. Responsibilities include logging, tracking and closing incoming support requests.
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to software setup and configuration.
- Develop workaround solutions for issues related to software errors.
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Contribute to the planning of new features and define fixes in upcoming releases.
- Maintain proper documentation relative to Technical Support best practices, guidelines for standard procedures, check-lists and so on.
- BS in a Technical Discipline or related work experience.
- 3+ years of customer-facing technical work experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server-based software applications:
o Connectivity issues
o Security issues
o Database management issues
- Software application knowledge including, but not limited to, the following; Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Business Objects Crystal Reports and SalesForce.
- Solid understanding of Windows system and network administration.
- Analytical, problem-solving and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a self-directed work environment.
- Experience supporting business applications such as Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects or Microsoft FRx a plus.
- Knowledge of T-SQL scripting a plus.
- Certifications such as MCSE, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS SQL Server 2005 are pluses