Centegra Health System Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILAugust 4, 2017
I enjoy working for Centegra as I have met a lot of valuable people. Have very nice patients who make my work days the best. I love helping people and helping the elderly take care of themselves by providing them knowledge and directions when needed.
Nice small town hospital system
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJuly 17, 2017
I worked as a certified nursing assistant while working for Centegra. I learned a great deal of information from both my co-workers as I was completing my nursing education and also from my patients as I provided care.
Management at the unit level was supportive, I think at times, upper level management was not accessible, but they usually had the best interests of their employees at heart when making decisions.
Pros
Great learning atmosphere
Cons
Small town hospital
Good learning environment
LPN/PCT (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 17, 2017
Well rated local hospital providing advanced care without having to travel to larger cities. Multiple areas in which to work, good training to excel and provide great care.
Pros
Hospital environment
Cons
need to utilize LPN's better, not as PCT
Management is cut throat. Back stabbing
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 27, 2017
I worked at Centegra for 15 years. The leadership is very poor. Always looking to eliminate positions and outsource. The Directors are the worst. The Directors and Supervisors don't live their own values. Very sad..
Pros
Co-Workers are wonderful
Cons
Stressful, Cutthroat, Don't care about poeple and don't live their own values
Dysfuctional workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJune 3, 2017
Horrible work environment; cold, harsh and unfriendly. They do not care about the people of McHenry county, they are only interested in making money. They wonder why their patient experience scores are low, yet they don't listen to their patients. This organization is unprofessional and they don't have a clue how to care for the sick and the words care and compassion are the furthest thing from their minds. The internal strife among the associates is unbelievable and it is reflected in the care (or lack of care) given to the patients.
Great mangement team
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJune 2, 2017
Fast pace Emergency room with great team work and management, multidisciplinary team collaboration to provide the highest quality bedside care. Fun staff and outside team work events.
Good place to work.
CT Technologist PRN (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILMay 30, 2017
Great place to work. Great compensation. This place offers good opportunities for growth and job development. Management does a great job as well. Hiring freezes as well as compensation raises are occuring nation wide anyways.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Low staffing - every other weekend. Benefits not great.
Friendly coworkers, Poor management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMay 26, 2017
The job it self is enjoyable, there is a lot of training and good information. The management is unprofessional and makes you feel guilty for not picking up extra shifts, which is always being asked. If you help them out don't expect anything in return. Their registry status is not flexible what so ever! Certain locations of the company are busier and have more work to be done then other areas and
Pros
Lots of friendly coworkers, working with the public
Cons
Management is very in consistent, short staffed, hard to, constantly pressured into picking up extra shifts, there is a lot of gossip, employees are over worked and not appreciated, employees are not compensated accordingly
Growing healthcare organization
System General Manager/Sodexo - Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMay 22, 2017
Centegra is a progressive healthcare system that continues to grow. They use cutting edge technology and have a family type atmosphere. During my time at Centegra we developed best practice programs and services that compare to any other healthcare organization. Working with the Centega team was great experience. I enjoyed my time at Centegra.
Pros
Centega is consistent with other organizations
Cons
I do not have any cons regarding Centegra
Growing Fast
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the time I worked at Centegra, they are very innovative and driven for success.

The doctors are top notch and skilled. I really miss being a part of this health system. If I did not move out of state I would still be working there.
Pros
Staff, doctors
Cons
Some leadership members were a little rough around the edges
Patient care is not a priority
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 15, 2017
The hospital system has changed in the past 11 years. They are only concerned with money not patient care. It is very sad. Employees are overworked, spread thin and not paid enough. Moral is low. Management is not equipped to handle the everyday challenges and suggestions are not heard.
Hostile work environment, worst place i have ever worked
Health insurance verifier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILFebruary 9, 2017
I worked as a health insurance verifier for Centegra for over a year and it was awful. Management is a complete joke. My manager would actually talk about us to her boyfriend in the cafeteria at lunch, while we were sitting just a few feet away! (Her boyfriend also happned to work at centegra.) She would constantly gossip about her peers and employees, as would the manager of patient registration. The work environment was hostile and employees were encouraged to report their peers for such things as making small talk. Arriving 1 min late to work is considered late and is a punishable offence. I had some nice coworkers but they either got fired or quit within the year that I worked there. (Turnover was high.) It was far and away the least professional work environment I have ever witnessed. It was more comparable to middle school than an actual office as the maturity level was so low. (I actually enjoyed the work I did, however, my manager ruined my experience at Centrega.)
Pros
Fair salary, some pleasant coworkers, assisting patient
Cons
Terrible middle management, hostile work environment, immature, petty managers.
good people
staff pharmacist (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 7, 2017
My workplace is interesting and very dynamic. Always learning . Great people. We work well together for the cutomer or patient. You get your breaks . Sometimes it get very busy and a little overwhelming but we help each other. Always an opportunity to learn new skills .
Good team, good atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 9, 2017
My typical work day would start with meeting the patients and getting to know, and have a better understanding of their needs. I learned so many diagnosis and what their treatments were. Being part of a team made things easier. All my co-workers were great to work with. I really enjoyed taking care of my patients. It is truly gratifying to know that they appreciated the work I did.
Environmental Service
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock ilDecember 24, 2016
Worked on 3rd shift ER. Cleaning. On December 23rd. I got a call and e-mail. That i was FIRED. they said that i put false info on my employment application. So 7 weeks later HR decided to do this. Merry Christmas to me and my family. Very cold and heartless of centegra. I have a very good work ethic,good attitude, always trying to better myself. There are many other associates that are just awful.But centegra seems NOT to care.
Pros
Co-workers liked and appreciated me, and vice versa. Friendly staff.
Cons
CENTEGRA is not very concerned with a GOOD worker that helps to better Centegra.
Disappointed
CPC (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILDecember 23, 2016
My independent doctors office was taken over by Centegra awhile ago. I had never felt under trained or unheard from management more than Centegra.
Very low pay.
Management is very unorganized, and unprofessional. They are not interested in taking care of employees needs or concerns, and typically ignore complaints.
If you are closed on a holiday, it comes out of your PTO.
If you are sick, it comes out of your PTO, and they make you out to be faking for a day off.
They also do not defend their employees, rather they immediately side with patients, who can be very rude and demeaning to the office staff. The patient and their experience seems to be more important to their bottom line than taking care of the people who represent their company.

Insurance is extremely expensive for family plan, manageable for just associate.

Its the same thing day in day out, mundane, and very low moral. Love the people I work with, but the job is not worth the trouble.
Pros
sometimes you get free lunches
Cons
One 30 minute break, low moral
positive environment encouraging management team
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 22, 2016
Knew what was expected and given tools to complete tasks. Co-workers were friendly and team players. Growing healthcare system with many opportunities.
Horrible management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILNovember 3, 2016
Horrible management. Management doesn't care about their employees. Concierge manager wont help out or show any concern for her employees. You only get time off if YOU find coverage. Its a revolving door in concierge. Zero benefits. Stay away! Pay is horrible. Raises are worse.
Pros
Free membership-with limits!!
Cons
Raises, management and over all trearment
Excellent place to work, hard to get a full-time position
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILOctober 24, 2016
Centegra is a great place to work, but it is difficult to get Full-time employment. They are a growing company that provides excellent and genuine service.
Pros
Coworkers and Pay
Cons
Lack of Full-time
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILOctober 12, 2016
A typical work day consists of restocking the closets and carts, the management is very poor, they could do a much better job at communicating with their staff members instead of getting angry with them and yelling at them. the co-workers are great people, they work hard although, there are a few people whom do cut corners and skip some of the cleaning process when doing discharges.