Centegra Health System

Centegra Health System Employer Reviews

Really bad management
N/A (Former Employee), N/AMay 19, 2014
Pros: okay benefits
Cons: favoritism
You can't trust what management tells you.
There is favoritism and nepotism.
CEO and other top dogs have have huge egos that have caused the downfall of this organization.
Great company
Safety/Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILNovember 16, 2013
Great company to work for. Only left to pursue another career
7 Great Years
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILOctober 23, 2013
Worked in the Laboratory part time for seven years. Fabulous environment and people through out the system.
I loved working for this organization.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), McHenry, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Co-workers were so friendly and I had a great supervisor. Unfortunately I was registry and there was not enough work anymore.
Great Place to Work
Senior Coordinator, Development (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILAugust 2, 2013
Pros: funds raised by the foundation are used to benefit patients and community, which was very rewarding to be a part of that.
Supported Vice-President and Foundation team as well as interacted with Associates, Board Members, Donors and Potential Donors. Planned events including informational events, dinners and golf outings. Participated in third-party events whose profits would benefit Centegra. Maintained donor files and financial transactions in Raisers Edge.
It is a good place for patients.
Program Site Lead (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: the patients come first
Cons: management needs some improvement in processes.
Centegra is dedicated to provide outstanding patient care.
WORKING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BIG CHALLENGE
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMay 1, 2013
Pros: staffs are friendly
Cons: shortbreaks, no free food
WORKING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BIG CHALLENGE IT KEEPS YOU GOING AND THERES NO ROOM FOR MISTAKES , I MAKE SURE ALL MY PATIENTS GETS WHAT THEY NEED ON MY SHIFT .
Great Company to work for.
Secretary (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
A typical day was very busy. I made sure everything was in order before patients arrived. Made coffee, greeted the patients, handled patient problems, helped therapists, completed projects. You had to be focused and be able to multi-task and think quickly from one problem to the next.

The management over all is very good. Co-workers are on the most – more... part very understanding and helpful but some were competitive and undermining.

The best part of the job was helping the patients and making them feeling comfortable and welcome. – less
Growing hospital network.
Nursing Supervisor/Patient Flow, ICU Staff RN III (Current Employee), McHenry, ILDecember 12, 2012
Pros: community healthcare
Cons: budget restraints
Cenetgra is a community hospital systems that is growing to be a destination center. It is exciting to be a part of the growth but frustrating at times as well. It seems as though there are a lot of great ideas and motivations, but eventually the initiatives get put on the back burner because of budget or time restraints. Working in a hospital system – more... is difficult because of constantly emerging quality measures that are subjectively put into play. However, I appreciate being a member of a team and the creative input from its well-meaning members. – less
An organization with great values and mission, but these things were not truly lived and supported by all associates, including higher management
Fitness Manager, Senior (Former Employee), Health Bridge Fitness CentersOctober 8, 2012
Pros: benefits, internal training and development, company mission, wellness-focused, big presence in community
Cons: weak, biased and inappropriate leadership in certain areas, true agenda is about marketing, sales and revenue / under-compensated for the work you are expected to do, cliques and favoritism, corporate politics and mal-influences
Worked as the senior Fitness/Programs Manager for about 5.5 years and brought great knowledge, skill and abilities to the company along with strong intent to move the fitness/wellness branch of the hospital system to new and greater levels. My initial Director for 4 years was awesome, she knew the industry and helped me to be very successful in my role – more... as a leader. Right around the time she left, it all went south when the company put incompetent, inappropriate "leaders" in place to run the fitness/wellness clubs, who had their own agendas and biases. Basically, the company was losing money on the clubs overall, so their VP of marketing (clueless to the fitness/wellness industry) was put in charge to oversee the 2 clubs and to focus on sales and revenue. To add insult to injury, the club's Marketing and Sales manager (the VPs marketing buddy who could do no wrong) had plenty of influence on her. I would equate this manager to that of a bad virrus and I'll just leave it at that! Then, if that wasn't bad enough, when the awesome Director I mentioned retired, the Child-Care manager was put into the interim-Director role for the clubs, again, clueless to the fitness/wellness industry and professions. True professional talent and vision were not respected, valued or understood by the new biased and close/knit marketing faction and Interim-Director. So ultimately, nearly all leadership roles across 2 clubs were reduced from 2 to 1 to save salary dollars. Inaccurate and ridiculous "performance issues" were given as reasons for my release, yet I always well exceeded the standards and goals on my performance reviews, I made countless advancements in my departments, and added true value in my role. If you end up working here, don't dare have a strong opinion or belief in your area of expertise, cause if it doesn't (and probably wouldn't) jive with the senior leadership's plan, particularly that of the Marketing Dept, then you won't last long. Under the current leadership, if you don't mind being a "Yes-man", then you might fit in well here. On a positive note, there were and are many great things about this company and many of the people that work or worked there. I met many great people and still talk with several of my previous collueges. Lastly, the corporate world is all around us and it is rare to find a company that truly lives it's stated values and mission, through and through. This company comes relatively close, but because you can't fully control the behavior, inner-motives and negative character traits of people, unfair and unjust things happen and it makes the whole company look bad. I recommend this employer for many reasons, but also caution the newcomer about these problems I've stated above. – less

honestAbe – January 5, 2013

This beautifully written review of employment is so accurate! I worked at the McHenry and Woodstock facility for 8 + years and unless you are one of the ten individuals in the executive office, you better be a "follower"...not a "leader".....otherwise you will be on your way out...no matter how much you have to bring to the table!

Lost the spirit
RN (Former Employee), McHenrySeptember 22, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: political enviroment unable think outside the box
Centegra lost all of their good people through poor management choices and consultants. Nurses used to love the place they worked when I left in 2006, Florence Nightengale was nowhere to be found. Operating budget is very important but so is the quality and opinions of the staff.
Accountant Total Rewards Analyst (Former Employee), McHenry, ILSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: commute to mchenry
Some very good people to work with. On site cafeteria was nice.

Daun – November 16, 2012

The benifits may be great, But the managers dont stand behind their employees: They take one persons opinion (Or two ) and if that person happens not to like you; you are out.It was a good place to work until it happened to ME. And then they denie you unemployment, how fair is that. Then they expect you to buy their cobra plan for insurance once they let you go.. They are unfair, and have put me and my family in financial ruin.

Centegra Health System
Program Planner/Author/Trainer/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJuly 10, 2012
Pros: many opportunities
Cons: many jobs lost because of downsizing
This was a very purposeful place to work. I felt as if everything that I did directly affected every patient that walked into the hospital or a doctor's office. I learned to facilitate courses here. Specifically new Hire Orientation and Crucial Conversations. I was the administrator for HealthStream, the online learning program that ensured that employees – more... completed mandatory courses the kept the hospital compliant to our governing bodies. I learned a great deal about what the regulatory requirements actually were. I loved working with all of HR and also loved assisting all the Associates with their questions, regardless of whether or not I was able to answer. I would always find an answer for them. I was able to work on many different team projects in HR: Revamping Onboarding, Taleo Implementation, Employment reorg, Employee Engagement, Associate Opinion Survey and many more. – less
Overall great place to work. Many nice people. Many opportunities. Lots of professional development training provided.
Director of Construction Project Management (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJune 17, 2012
My typical day entailed helping clinical leaders get from point A to point Z with their specific project. There were times when it was stressful and challenging and other times when it was very exciting, particularly when we were in the planning stages for a new large-scale project. All things considered, I enjoyed it and will miss many of the people – more... I worked with. – less
Corporate mummies!
Ambassador (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJune 6, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: people afraid to make any moves....
If you like to think out of the box or dare to have your own opinion...do not work here! Worked there for ten years and found it impossible to climb the ladder...even though qualified.
My yearly reviews were all 98% or higher and my immediate boss was fabulous. Yet I could see her aggravation with her superiors due to her hands being tied from allowing – more... her to run her group the way it would obviously be more effective and efficient.
Work here if you want to not have any kind of personality or individualism.... – less

Fair – July 21, 2012

They will accuse you of things that you never did. When proved they are wrong , They will lie and accuse you of something else that is false.. They will not admit to making a mistake .. How sad is that.

Geared toward the younger work force.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), McHenry, ILMarch 16, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: very political
this is a place to get your start in the medical field but don't make long range plans.

Fair – July 21, 2012

That's why nothing gets done.. Everyone to afraid to speak out or up. In fear of losing their jobs, even though they know it will enhance problems for nurse's and patients or the over all production process. The ones that they keep are the bobble heads and are two scared to step up to the plate and fight for the patients safety and well being. Makes me sick to see such weak people willing to bobble their heads , knowing it will be a harmful affect if the company proceeds.

proud – March 1, 2013

They will accuse you of things that you have not done. Even when you have the proof and facts on your side. They are unwilling to admit they have make a mistake. Upper management is a bunch of bullies. They only way for you to survive with the upper management they currently have is Sadly to say to be a bobble head, even at the risk of the patients. I could not be that way.. :)

Centegra Health System Photos