Centegra Health System Employee Reviews

A great Healthcare System
Coordinator Central Sterile (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 22, 2016
A typical work day was fast paced but always manageable
I started off the street with no experience. I learned more here tha I can put into words.
I have nothing but good things to say about my 20+ years at Centegra Health System
Horrible place to work
On Site Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILSeptember 4, 2016
Management is very disconnected and disorganized. They reorganized the department and kept people in the dark for 7 months waiting to find out if they had jobs. Management is not on the same page, one person will tell you to do something and the other will scold you for it. They do not value hard work.
Cons
Disrespectful, low department morale
Bad experience
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 16, 2016
Low pay, low PTO accrue to rate, poor training for new employees, low starting pay scale. This company expects to pay you at the lowest pay scale possible, but use your experience and knowledge for free.
understaffed
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 18, 2016
At times we were so understaffed it was difficult to perform our job duties. We had several managers within a short period of time. There was no consistency.
Great place aside from a few from Upper Management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 27, 2016
Centegra can be a great place to work for, if upper management would take a more vested interest in it's employees. A few "meetings" to celebrate the workers isn't really anything to be excited about when the supervisors are left to their devices. While I was working Security, my supervisor was consistently late (or a no show all together) and wasn't approachable most days.
The general staff, and even the doctors are great people and will make you feel like family.
Great place to work.
Internship (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 31, 2016
Lots of opportunities. Leadership development is strong. On going training for all associates. Great benefits packages.
Great team
Out Patient Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILMarch 28, 2016
Working for the hospital has taught me to prioritize and developed my critical thinking.

Majority of hospital staff were friendly and genuinely cared about their patients.
No longer for the patient.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 28, 2016
The atmosphere is one of bitterness, anger, over work and under skilled. Company does not want experienced people when new nurses are cheaper. Absolutely no work life balance!! (Worked there for 10 yrs.) We had a change of management and they bought in someone with no experience in the department. People who gave everything they could to improve processes were told they had "bad attitudes". individuals cross trained and were fully trained in a position and were not selected when positions were opened in that area. Woefully understaffed in office staff and nurses. Unable to turn down patients even when we didn't have the staff to cover. Very sad to see Centegra forgetting that happy employees make happy patients. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Education benefits
Cons
To many to list
Great colleagues, wonderful place to treat patients
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 23, 2016
I went to work every day because of my colleagues and my patients. The organization is a magnet designated healthcare system, which speaks volumes for the type of care provided to patients.
Pros
magnet designated system
Cons
Few jobs are full-time and most are registry/part-time
I loved working at Centegra
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 14, 2016
I loved dealing the people I worked with as well as the poeple I got to take care off.
I did night shift so I could be with my kids durning the day. The night staff at the hospital was wonderful. We worked well together and made a great team. My favorite part of the job was caring for all the diffrent types of people i got to deal with the young and the old.
The hardest part for me was the night shift was understaffed, making hard to give each person the amount of care the deserved.
Supportive managers
Intensive Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILNovember 10, 2015
When encountering difficult situations in the ICU, the manager and co-workers are always supportive of the care we provide.
Pros
Very close to home with multiple locations.
Cons
Inadequate benefits and tuition reimbursement programs.
Patient Access Representative/Registrar II
Registrar II in Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 1, 2015
Scheduling, registration, and point of service cash collection. The work itself it very enjoyable if a fast paced environment is in mind. Constant policy changes mixed with inconsistent and conflicting management makes daily work life unbalanced and difficult.
Stay far, far away from here
Revenue cycle (Former Employee) –  Woodstock ILOctober 26, 2015
I worked here for just over one month. The South Street building Behavioral Center is DISGUSTING!! Urine in the hallways which was only cleaned twice since I was there. Bathrooms were cleaned once. Area where I worked was NEVER vacuumed or dusted. Garbage was never picked up.
Training was the WORST!! I worked in billing. Manager didn't know rules of billing, coding, denials etc. Patients were being billed when they shouldn't have. I pointed out errors and was told to continue to do it "their way".
Cafeteria food was inedible. Chicken salad had raw, uncooked chicken in it. There was only one worker in the cafeteria and he wore the same rubber gloves when he collected your money as he did when he served/prepared food.
Pros
Cons
micromanaged, filthy, depressing environment
A Great Place to Start
McHenry- Part Time (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 11, 2015
There is no typical day in hospital food service! It really depends on the census (patient count) and how much they are eating that day. My job requires being on my feet almost all the time and the majority of my job consists of doing dishes, assembling, checking, and delivering trays, and doing other "little things" around the kitchen. I've learned a lot from this job, including how to deal with many different kinds of people, what's allowed on different diets, and how to deal with upset customers (patients). Management can be somewhat flexible, but are not generally open to letting you advance unless you are going to be there for a long time or are going to be around a lot (as in not going away to school and then coming back on breaks). The people I work with are mostly great people- there are a few annoying and immature ones, but those are at every job. Most of my co-workers are like my second family. The hardest part of the job is balancing work, school, and life. My job takes up A LOT of my time- even though I am "Registry" (meaning I work 0-40 hours a week with no benefits), I often work between 20-40 hours a week! Being registry has its downsides, but on the upside, it did allow me to go away to school and earn a Bachelor's degree. The most enjoyable part is interacting with patients of all ages- the pediatric and OB ones are my personal favorites, but I generally like all of them. It also allows you to get to know not only the people within your department, but also in other departments as well.
Pros
Great people, good food (free during work hours!), "familylike" atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks, No Benefits (if Registry), Very little time off
Residential Painter
Professional Painter (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 25, 2015
29 years experience
Great Team Atmosphere
Aspiring Culture
Everyday is not the same
The hardest part of the job-workload as company scaled down
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Big Company scaling back
Centegra
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 2, 2015
They could do better with staffing and because they are under staffed the nurses and techs are at a higher risk of injuring themselves. They don't treat their injured employees right, if you get hurt and are out for more then 2-3 weeks they'll replace you and tell you that your position is going to be filled. So when you finally are better, you have to find a job, even though it's the companies fault that your injured.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
Nurses have to care for too many patients, They should have a better nurse to patient ratio to ensure excellent care towards their patients.
Longevity
Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 31, 2015
I have been able to grow and change as my life has changed. My skills have changed and I have been able to return to school to expand my knowledge.
past employee
PBS (Former Employee) –  WoodstockMarch 8, 2015
Centegra was a great place to work for many many years. The past two years things changed and not for the better. I had great co-workers and the management was awsome for many years..then went down hill. Still I am proud to say I worked for Centegra and would be thrilled to work for them again. They had good benefits.
Pros
team work, benefits
Cons
worked hard but was not good enough or fast enough..i gave it my all.
Excellent Healthcare Provider
Director of Support Services (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Supporting the clinicians that support our patients and community is what gives me the motivation to carry out my job duties. Our support service team does an outstanding job providing quality services for Environmental Services, Linen Distribution, Food Services, Plant Operations & Maintenance, Guest Services, Pastoral Care, Patient Express, and Interpretation when necessary. It is very gratifying knowing that these services are extremely important regarding the overall satisfaction and comfort of all internal & external customers.
The most difficult part of the job is increasing the momentum on a regular basis. Customer satisfaction is difficult to maintain daily, but when you have the right team practicing and carrying out the Missions, Visions, and Values of a system, any challenge is possible to overcome. The most enjoyable part of my day is walking into the facility, knowing that me and my team are going to do our very best to make sure our customers expectations are exceeded. We may not always be successful, but there is much pride in striving for excellence and learning from areas of improvement, in order to not repeat a mistake.
Pros
gratification, security, helping the community, and benefits
Cons
industry changes daily, stressful, demanding
Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Beautiful hospital, modern facility with all the amenities. Great rehab department and security.Staff was great to work with and supportive when necessary.
Pros
modern facility
Cons
needed more beds at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centegra Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9