Centegra Health System

Centegra Health System Employee Reviews

Centegra
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee), McHenry, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great insurance benefits
Cons: Nurses have to care for too many patients, They should have a better nurse to patient ratio to ensure excellent care towards their patients.
They could do better with staffing and because they are under staffed the nurses and techs are at a higher risk of injuring themselves. They don't treat their injured employees right, if you get hurt – more... and are out for more then 2-3 weeks they'll replace you and tell you that your position is going to be filled. So when you finally are better, you have to find a job, even though it's the companies fault that your injured. – less
Longevity
Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMarch 31, 2015
I have been able to grow and change as my life has changed. My skills have changed and I have been able to return to school to expand my knowledge.
past employee
PBS (Former Employee), WoodstockMarch 8, 2015
Pros: team work, benefits
Cons: worked hard but was not good enough or fast enough..i gave it my all.
Centegra was a great place to work for many many years. The past two years things changed and not for the better. I had great co-workers and the management was awsome for many years..then went down hill. Still I am proud to say I worked for Centegra and would be thrilled to work for them again. They had good benefits.
Excellent Healthcare Provider
Director of Support Services (Current Employee), McHenry, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: gratification, security, helping the community, and benefits
Cons: industry changes daily, stressful, demanding
Supporting the clinicians that support our patients and community is what gives me the motivation to carry out my job duties. Our support service team does an outstanding job providing quality services – more... for Environmental Services, Linen Distribution, Food Services, Plant Operations & Maintenance, Guest Services, Pastoral Care, Patient Express, and Interpretation when necessary. It is very gratifying knowing that these services are extremely important regarding the overall satisfaction and comfort of all internal & external customers.
The most difficult part of the job is increasing the momentum on a regular basis. Customer satisfaction is difficult to maintain daily, but when you have the right team practicing and carrying out the Missions, Visions, and Values of a system, any challenge is possible to overcome. The most enjoyable part of my day is walking into the facility, knowing that me and my team are going to do our very best to make sure our customers expectations are exceeded. We may not always be successful, but there is much pride in striving for excellence and learning from areas of improvement, in order to not repeat a mistake. – less
Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), McHenry, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: modern facility
Cons: needed more beds at times
Beautiful hospital, modern facility with all the amenities. Great rehab department and security.Staff was great to work with and supportive when necessary.
Stay far far away, especially from Woodstock Hospital.
RN, BSN. (Former Employee), WoodstockDecember 23, 2014
Pros: discount at their health club, cafeteria food pretty good.
Cons: management is atrocious, low pay, no patients so always lc.
This job was a nightmare. I am a highly trained, educated RN. Took a full-time position after working in a busy hospital for the last 9 years. What a mistake. Fellow employees would run to tell my manager – more... the slightest things, most if not all of it inaccurate. I asked management to investigate, citing they had been misinformed, and never heard about it again. Until I was reprimanded again for new claims that were completely untrue. Again I asked that they investigate and told them that the nurse had her information incorrect. No follow thru. The building is old, run down, and dark. I was scheduled for three shifts a week, 36 hours total. I was lucky if I got to work two of them. Constantly put on call for low census. Good luck accruing PTO. Benefits and pay are lower than the norm, but I knew this and took the job for a different reason.In the hiring they stress how they are"family oriented" and "dedicated to helping the community" they just tell you that to get you working. I've never seen such miserable nurses and staff in my life. I tried to stick it out, and made it just over three months before I couldn't take it anymore. Management and certain coworkers contributed to my love of nursing turning into loathing. I hated going to work and dreaded it. Thank god I left and immediately found employment at a company that helped me love my job again. They sympathized with my experience at Centegra and said they have heard these claims over and over from many different people. – less
Nice work environment.
Level II nurse on same day surgery unit (Current Employee), McHenry, ILDecember 9, 2014
Prepare patients for surgical procedures. Review history, medications, and allergies. Start IV and answer questions. Provide education on procedure and post procedure. Unit is team orientated and well – more... managed. The hardest part of the job is the end of the year increase in census. Typically see an average of 20 patients a day and at the end of the year this can increase to 40 plus. The patients and coworkers are the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Micromanagment at its finest
clinical (Former Employee), Crystal LakeOctober 1, 2014
Pros: doctors work hard free lunches one day a week
Cons: management, negative staff, no support from management at all, no orientation at office
STAY AWAY FROM CPC CLINICAL LEAD POSITION. No orientation involved, learn from whomever is available to teach you. Manager needs to be replaced, she micromanages and creates atmosphere of drama and staff – more... telling on each other.
Staff work hard but also mistreat each other. overworked staff
You are set up for failure from the minute you walk in the door.
very quick to write staff up and openly encourages this behavior to occur.
Failure to recognize medical assistants that work hard
Unrealistic time expectations to get work done by staff by office manager. Too many phone calls and duties to get work done in 10 hours. OT not allowed – less
A great place to work with outstanding benefits
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee), Woodstock, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: lots of great benefits
Centegra has been a great place to work. They offer many benefits to all their employees including Tuition Reimbursement.
productive busy office
Accounts Receivable & Insurance Specialist, poster (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJuly 29, 2014
I loved my job at Centegra Health System, unfortunately our office was outsourced.
Excellent workplace
In-Person Counselor (Current Employee), McHenry, ILJuly 9, 2014
Centegra is a great place to work. A postive, friendly, and welcoming environment for all.
Look elsewhere.
N/A (Former Employee), N/AJune 19, 2014
Pros: kindness of ancillary staff and physicians.
Cons: very poor management. no job security.
A physically dark environment. Can be unduly stressful, unwelcoming based on the mood of the unofficial unit leader...the unit secretary.
Managers are cold, show favoritism. Irrespective of quality of – more... work or patient satisfaction. If the manager holds bias against you, you will be targeted for termination. Method of discipline will be to "write you up" for minor infractions (clocking in one minute early/one minute late), as a case is built against you. Watch your back. Middle management has been justly cited as the "The Mean Girls Club" throughout the system. Micro management at its finest. Corporate loyalty? None. Living the Centegra values? The joy is gone.
Do not expect to work full 8 hour shifts. You will be expected to come and go early and rotate cancellations based on patient volume. Very difficult to accrue vacation hours.
Ancillary staff is very pleasant, and helpful. The physicians are easy to work with. – less
Really bad management
N/A (Former Employee), N/AMay 19, 2014
Pros: okay benefits
Cons: favoritism
You can't trust what management tells you.
There is favoritism and nepotism.
CEO and other top dogs have have huge egos that have caused the downfall of this organization.
Great company
Safety/Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILNovember 16, 2013
Great company to work for. Only left to pursue another career
7 Great Years
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILOctober 23, 2013
Worked in the Laboratory part time for seven years. Fabulous environment and people through out the system.
I loved working for this organization.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), McHenry, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Co-workers were so friendly and I had a great supervisor. Unfortunately I was registry and there was not enough work anymore.
Great Place to Work
Senior Coordinator, Development (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILAugust 2, 2013
Pros: funds raised by the foundation are used to benefit patients and community, which was very rewarding to be a part of that.
Supported Vice-President and Foundation team as well as interacted with Associates, Board Members, Donors and Potential Donors. Planned events including informational events, dinners and golf outings. Participated in third-party events whose profits would benefit Centegra. Maintained donor files and financial transactions in Raisers Edge.
It is a good place for patients.
Program Site Lead (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: the patients come first
Cons: management needs some improvement in processes.
Centegra is dedicated to provide outstanding patient care.
WORKING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BIG CHALLENGE
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), McHenry, ILMay 1, 2013
Pros: staffs are friendly
Cons: shortbreaks, no free food
WORKING IN THE HOSPITAL IS A BIG CHALLENGE IT KEEPS YOU GOING AND THERES NO ROOM FOR MISTAKES , I MAKE SURE ALL MY PATIENTS GETS WHAT THEY NEED ON MY SHIFT .
Great Company to work for.
Secretary (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
A typical day was very busy. I made sure everything was in order before patients arrived. Made coffee, greeted the patients, handled patient problems, helped therapists, completed projects. You had to – more... be focused and be able to multi-task and think quickly from one problem to the next.

The management over all is very good. Co-workers are on the most part very understanding and helpful but some were competitive and undermining.

The best part of the job was helping the patients and making them feeling comfortable and welcome. – less