Centenary United Methodist Church Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
volunteer Youth Leader
Youth Ministry Leader (Current Employee) –  Shady Side, MDMarch 3, 2015
I am the Youth Leader Coordinator for Centenary UMC. I handle all of the organizational duties needed to run the Youth Group. I make hotel reservations, event registration, travel arrangements, planning and setting up events
Pros
serving others is what i enjoy the most
Amazing work place.
Teacher for infants and toddlers (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 27, 2013
a very good job to have. just the distance is to far for me to travel everyday.
Awful place to work! It's a revolving door, and management and Directors are terrible.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  NCApril 30, 2013
If you are thinking of applying for a position at Centenary, I would definitely reconsider. Although Centenary would have been a great place to work ten years ago, it has become a revolving door where the Directors and the board care more about money and the bottom line, then about giving their employees benefits and listening to their concerns. As of now, most of their business staff was laid off unexpectantly and that is probably why this position is even open, There have been huge budget cuts recently and the employees as well as the daycare teachers deserve a raise, but won't get one. Because of NC law, and because you work at a church, they can fire you at any time, and keep it moving. Most workers walk on eggshells because of the higher ups and if you are not a part of the inner circle, then you are treated like an outcast and are better off finding a job where you arent just tolerated and get low wages and sorry benefits.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
very political environment, awful low benefits if any, mean and verbally abusive parishioners and directors
Large Methodist church located in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem.
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 2, 2012
A typical day would often involve 1-2 meetings with church staff or members, writing and/or editing online and print content, managing/assisting Print Shop staff, general project management and working on various research and development projects aimed at improving church communications/promotions.
Pros
in-house print shop
Cons
n/a
Christian environment and caring management
Youth Pastor, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 2, 2012
I enjoy working for the Church. My passion is working at something that can be used in my ministry. This position allows me to work in the Community and Church Community as well as being creative. A typical day would be researching programs to use with the youth, mission work, community involvement and meetins.
Pros
community service
Cons
part time position and no benefits

Centenary United Methodist Church Reviews by Location