Centene Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 17, 2017
I was only employed here for a short time I really wish this would have been my first job so that I would only know happiness at work I was offered advancement after a few short months, but I had to jump on a chance to relocate from MS and could not miss that for anything. I had never had so much recognition and the honest feel of a team behind you it was not a competition, which all my previous call center jobs were. I honestly miss this job the culture the people everything.
Pros
They cared!
Experience
Member Relationship Liaison (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2016
Certain departments as an employee you will be able to grow and prosper within, they are able to teach you skills and give training within the organization for personal advancement. However other departments do not give the same opportunities and work life balance is not consistent within different departments. Leadership is different and hold \standards depending on the business need.
Pros
Great Corporate environment to learn from
Cons
No streamline processes, management is not in line with one another
Little Opportunity for Growth for Qualified Employees
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 3, 2016
Centene often favors familiar less qualified people that hiring managers know and are comfortable with over fully qualified candidates with proven track records to do the job. Promotion opportunities are not fair.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Little to no opportunity for advancement for people of color.
Good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202September 15, 2016
I was in the billing department for Centene and I loved my job. What I mean by my job is I loved what I did but I cannot say the same about management. The supervisors avoided supervisor calls all the time and they even got mad at me when I had one. They tried to make it seem like I wasn't doing my job even though the customers demanded for a supervisor to get on the line.
Pros
Stability as far as we did the same thing everyday.
Cons
Manangement
Personnel had clicks....
IV Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2016
As soon as you finish your training you go on the floor. They assume that you know your work immediately. Training on floor only a week long. You are in your own, supervisor expect a lot from you. Lots of overtime with not enough employee to maintain the work load. Please to fall for this trap. Pay is OK but the amount of work is a lot. Think about it before you commit.
Pros
Friday lunch truck on premisses.
Cons
Management, supervisor and team leaders.
Very good place to work but old fashioned...no WFH and pay is pretty low
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2016
Typical Workday is spent helping others....It is very good place to work, growing in leaps and bounds but old fashioned...no WFH and pay is pretty low. The money is in St. Louis (Corporate), if you want it, you have to move!
Pros
Healthcare. Good Management and say thank you and actually believe in you
Cons
No WFH, low pay, No Flexibility or managers discretion is even considered
poor uppermangement, driven by numbers and not supportive of staff
Provider Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 17, 2016
Uppermangement cares more for making numbers then employees, understaffed departments makes work stressful for staff, inconsistent breaks and lunches and reducing or taking breaks away. HR not helpful when it comes to medical leave.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
uppermangement, inconsistant breaks/lunches, HR department
You will work hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 26, 2016
This is a good company with good benefits and good compensation but you will work hard for it. The company still runs in infancy stages although it is several years in the market. Most people who work here are passionate about their part in the company's mission.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
no work life balance in exempt positions
Great Benefits and Work Life Balance
Vendor Operations Oversight Specialist (Medicare) (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Centene continues to stay ahead of the game in healthcare. The salary was not what I expected, but I think they try to compensate for it in company benefits. I would work for them again if given the opportunity, in another capacity and higher salary.
Easy place to work at, relaxed environment
NET Developer Core Systems (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Everyone was very nice, management listened to the employees, and every employee had a voice when it came to work, and projects. Great work/life balance, work from home, and flexible hours.
Pros
Great Work/Life balance
Cons
Tie required for developers, but could be relaxed.
Entry Level Job
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 30, 2016
Good entry level job.Limited opportunities for growth and tedious tasks cause it to serve as a reminder that it is only a temporary job, not a career.
Pros
Easy Work, Consistent, Good Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks and Lunch, Limited Opportunity For Growth, Tedious Tasks, Micro- Management
Great Company
UM (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Too much OT though. I only quit to relocate. I thought I would be able to transfer, but it didn't happen. Room for advancement and upward mobility. They do prefer to advance people from within. My experience is that upper management does listen to you and they want to make this a company with happy employees.I would have stayed if not for relocating to another state. Some areas of the company are clickish, but that is unfortunately in any job. For the most part this was a Great company with wonderful employees.
Pros
GREAT Benefits, free gym, free healthy fruit, free coffee
Cons
Too much OT
Productive and proud to be apart of a growing organization.
Grievance and Appeals Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2016
No complaints. Definitely a company worth working for. Ever job has its challenges; however this company treats their employees very well. If you apply yourself you have endless opportunity to excel.
Pros
Income, colleagues, cares about their employees
Cons
Healthcare hustle and bustle
Enjoying the company
Customer Service Representative Level II (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Centene is a great company to be apart of I wouldn't want to leave but I need flexible day schedules and sometimes options to work from home. I enjoy helping our members and providers. I enjoy this career field.
Pros
GREAT ENVIOROMENT
Cons
NO FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Customer service Rep 2
Member Service Representative II Support (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 28, 2016
The pay is great, and great benefits.
The company is large, If you're lucky you can move up.
It's located in a nice town.
Working in the call center, you will need to get use to heavy call volume.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
breaks can be canceled due to heavy call volume
Many Org Changes Underway
Manager, Business Process and Project Development (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 28, 2016
Company has recently acquired Health Net in CA and many changes are taking place with several needs to improve processes. Different management cultures are being worked through with several positions being eliminated or moved.
Great company but change direction often.
Medicare Appeals & Grievances Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MODecember 8, 2016
The work is very fast paced, and there are a lot of expectations placed on everyone. It's very hard work without a lot of direction or training, but the compensation and benefits are really good.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
No direction
Care. Right. Now.
Call Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2016
Managing and supervising the clinical and non-clinical staff was a great experience. The staff strived to find better and more efficient ways to provide patients the right care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to assist the staff in reaching their goals. I loved to see their faces light up when they understood a concept or when they achieved productivity, adherence or call audit score goals.
Pros
Cons
Fear of retaliation/ Culture
Very family oriented place to work - Work and Family balance
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaDecember 5, 2016
Work with go workers in solving problems connected with the conversion to another companies processing system.

Management and staff work well together.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch and breakfast
Cons
Micro Managment
New to managing people at this large scale
Business Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2016
company is new to managing employees at this scale at this location. Im sure with more time, this will be a top notch place to work. the work/life balance is not very good due to there are not enough employees being trained to properly do their job functions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8