Centene

Centene Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Admin Temp (Former Employee), Columbus,ohJuly 3, 2015
Pros: an hour for lunch
Cons: It could be more money
The hardest part of the job was when a coworker was training me but not telling me correctly. A Medicaid healthcare company working with members and providers in the state of ohio.
Productive , solid mission statement
Team Lead -Program Coordination (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Employee driven
Cons: Work, life balance does not always play out
Great work environment; strong team structure , company leaders have strong vision and stay on course. Company generally is very employee satisfaction driven, very diverse culture and all cultures are celebrated.
What a joke!!!! Run, don't walk!!!!!
Nurse (Former Employee), Columbus OhioJune 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Trashy management and everything in between
This is the most unorganized, unorthodox place I have ever worked. The management is pure trash, no leadership or core values whatsoever. Everyday I walked in feeling as if I was going through the motions and not making a bit of difference. From training to walking our of the door on my last day was a huge blur in my life and even more a waste of time. The paycheck was a nice part, I guess...lol. The staff isn't that bad, but the morale of the employees have gone down the drain due to the tops (corporate) inconsistencies trickling down. I am so sad my tax dollars are going to racket companies like this one. With companies like this on place there won't be a penny left when I need Medicare. Huge misappropriation of funds due to untrained and terribly managed staff. Sad, depressing, and sloppy place to WORK, if that's what they call it.
Great management as well as awesome teamwork.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Company lost contrat.
The most enjoyable part of each day was helping members. A very rewarding place to work. Great management and co-workers.
LOVED WORKING FOR THE,
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJune 8, 2015
VERY WELL MAINTINED COMPANY LOVED THE ENVIROMENT AND THE WORK SPACE AND THE DIRECTOR AND ALSO THE COMPANT OVER ALL HAS AN VERY HIGH STANDARD OF AN OUT COME FOR THE EMPLOYEES AT THE COMPANY, I WOULD LOVE TO WORK BACK WITH THEM.
New Adventure
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2015
A typical day at Centene is full of change and unexpected events. The postion I am in is at a new division of the company so it has been somewhat trying at time. I've learned that every company does billing totally different. As far as management, I expected more communication from them being that this site is new and fresh and employees would like to be kept in the know especially about work and policies. The hardest part of the job is the constant change in work and how to process the claims correctly without receiving any audits.
Potentially a wonderful place to work...
Provider Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2015
Pros: High pay
Cons: Micromanagement at every turn.
Different departments at Centene of Baton Rouge have entirely different cultures. I was, unfortunately, stuck in one with a very oppressive culture and terribly insecure, micromanaging supervisors.
Do not work for this company
Customer service representative ll (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 1, 2015
Pros: Okay pay
Cons: Cancelled breaks, micromanagement, management gossip about employees
The worst company I ever worked for. They do not care about their employees. They play favoritism . people that do not qualify would get promoted. No job security what so ever. Everyday someone is quiting or getting fired.
THE ABSOLUTE WORSE PLACE TO WORK/UNHEALTHY ENVIRONMENT
COMPLIANCE (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAJune 1, 2015
Pros: NONE
THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT, RUN FROM THIS PLACE AS FAR YOU CAN! EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CLIQUISH! THIS PLACE ONLY LIKES YOU IF YOU KISS BUTT AND NOTHING ELSE!! I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN AN ENVIRONMENT THAT CONDONES SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL- ISM,DISRESPECT AND EXTREMELY CHILDISH BEHAVIOR!! THE BEST THING THAT I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME WAS THE DAY I LEFT!!

IF YOU WORK IN THE ATLANTA, GA AREA..DO NOT WORK AT THIS ORGANIZATION!! ESPECIALLY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPLIANCE!! THESE 2 DEPARTMENTS ARE RUN BY CLASSLESS, TACKY PEOPLE THAT LACK ADULT SOPHISTICATION!!. THERE ARE MANAGERS AND DIRECTORS THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PROMOTED TO THEIR POSITION!! THE EXECUTIVE TEAM IS ALWAYS RUDE, AND THE PAY IS MUCH LOWER THAN WHAT YOU WOULD RECEIVE AT ANOTHER ORGANIZATION!!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER APPLY HERE! THE ABSOLUTE WORSE!
Nice place to work
Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 26, 2015
Good work environment
Nice location Free parking
Clean
Friendly people
Laid back
There are a lot of company activities
CASE MANAGER AT CENTENE SUNRISE FLORIDA
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), SUNRISE, FLORIDAMay 12, 2015
Pros: A PAY CHECK
Cons: WORK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL AND NO ONE WILL CARE
LOTS OF FAVORITISM, CULTURAL CLICKS, ABUSIVE, DEHUMANIZING, CONSIDER YOURSELF A NURSE AT A FACTORY,,, ITS ALL ABOUT THE PRODUCTION. YOU SIT AND GET FAT LIKE THE REST OF THEM. THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO RAT PEOPLE OUT, IF YOU RAT OUT ONE OF THEIR OWN MOLES THEN ITS GOING TO BE HOW BAD OF A WORKER YOU ARE AFTER AND YOU SHOULD BE MINDING YOUR OWN WORK.
THEN THEY WILL ASSIGN YOU THE CASES NO ONE WANTS.

THEY WILL WORK YOU 6 DAYS A WEEK AND FORCE IT ON YOU. THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW THE OTHER NURSES COME IN ON THE WEEKENDS AND ASK YOU WHAT SEEMS TO BE YOUR PROBLEM WHEN YOU DECIDE NO MORE SATURDAYS.

HOW ABOUT THEY WILL NEVER REMEMBER YOUR WEEKEND IF YOU GET IN TROUBLE. WELL THATS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE WORK ME DEATH CREW ANYMORE. THE CONTRACTED EMPLOYEE IS MILKING THE MONEY. THE SALARY PEOPLE IS LAUGHING AT THE CONTRACTED PEOPLE AS THEY GET TO GO HOME AFTER 8 HOURS WITH BENEFITS AND SICK DAYS ETC.

THIS PLACE IS SO ABUSIVE THAT YOU FEAR FOR YOUR JOB EVERY DAY, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO WORK AT A PLACE THAT CONTINUES TO FIRE PEOPLE ON A WEEKLY BASIS. THE MANAGERS THREATEN YOU ALL THE TIME. THE MANAGER IS RELATED TO SOME OF THE EMPLOYEES AS WELL- SO GUESS WHO BECOMES MANAGEMENT OR PERMANENT FIRST DONT MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK OR HOW MANY HOURS YOU PUT IN. NO ONE CARES!!!

YOU WILL NO LONGER BE CONSIDER YOURSELF A NURSE YOU WILL BE CALLING YOURSELF OTHER NAMES IN THE DICTIONARY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DO NOT WORK AT THIS FACTORY. YOUR MIND, BODY AND FAMILY WILL SUFFER AND NO ONE WILL CARE, YOU DONT HAVE SICK DAYS BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER GO PERMANENT AND YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE CLICK.
Great Management team
Program Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: light and comfortable environment
Cons: productivity exceptions
We have to work hard to meet our daily quota (varies with tittle) and that can be stressful, but considering that this is a new program the productivity and expectations can be a little overwhelming. The management team seems to care for their team members/associates and always encourage to have a work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is that it is stationary. I was not used to being in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, But we are encouraged to take breaks to release some of the tension. Overall it's a nice environment to be in.
Reconciliation Coordinator
Reconciliation Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 12, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: No teamwork. make you feel dumb and stupid. look down uponbyou. act like you can't send an email.
Please do not apply unless you want to stress and hurt at the end of your shift. The place sucks people treat you like your dumb and stupid. The team that is talk to you any kind of way she always want it done her way. The department doesn't make you feel like you apart of a team. They always re not very welcoming at all. You will be scheduled to attend meetings but you have no input you will be sitting there like a sitting duck.
Run as fast a you can (WORST PLACE IN THE WORLD)
Prior Auth Nurse Utilization Management for MyCare (Current Employee), Columbus, Ohio EastonMay 11, 2015
Pros: Pay & Benefits Package
Cons: Management (If that's what you want to call it).
OMG. This is the worst company that I have ever worked for in my life. The Management Team is totally pathetic. The only people that know anything are those that do the actual jobs. Management is always unavailable for questions as they never have any answers. Training is horrible and inadequate. The Management Team for MYCare is great at harassing the employees and making life totally miserable.
Tuner over is huge. If you see a job posted for this company, pray that your worst enemy applies and run as far away as you can.
Horrible work culture for Therapists
Therapist (Former Employee), AustinMay 7, 2015
This job might seem very interesting for therapists but believe me if you like to be stressed this is the place. You will be working 10+ hours a day and one day of a weekend still the work will not be finished. You will be asked to do so many things in between that you will have little time to actually review the auths. And the time that you are asked to spend with doctors and providers is not considered work time. You are only judged for the number of auths you review. Everyone is so stressed that nobody wants to help learn when you are new. Its a mess. You will see this job posted over and over because very rarely can they have the therapists stay for 6 plus months.
Fun Place to Work
Member Services Representative I (Current Employee), AtlantaMay 6, 2015
Great Place to work! Family and People oriented. Learned plenty about Health Insurance Medicaid in my role as Customer Service Rep
What I've learned
IT Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Town and Country, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Work Ethics
What I've learned at Centene Corporation is to be more interactive with business partners, always stay positive, the co-workers are very hard working, the people we all work with are the most enjoyable!
Terrible Place To Work
Long Term Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits (Health Insurance, Dental, Vision)
Cons: Management was terrible, It was like the blind leading the blind, Your Caseload can consist of more than 86 individuals, In order to get the work done, you have to work more than 40 hours per week without compensation.
I worked as a Long Term Care Manager for Sunshine Health in Sunrise, Florida. However, I covered Palm Beach County. I provided care coordination for individuals at home.
Enjoy the people and the Senior Management is awesome.
Manager of Case Management Department (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2015
A typical day at Centene is fast paced and engaging. Truly, I have enhanced my team dynamics, managerial, and people skills. Everyone is close knitted and we really need each other to accomplish and meet our daily goals. We have a very tough population to serve, but overall, the compassion of the people is the best part of this job.
SERIOUSLY RUN FOR YOUR LIFE
PRIOR AUTHORIZATION NURSE (Former Employee), SUNRISE, FLORIDAApril 29, 2015
Pros: A PAYCHECK
Cons: LIES, TOO MANY HOURS OF WORKING
NOT A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR, TOO MANY LIES, DAILY THREATS OF TERMINATION, RULES BEING MADE UP EVERY 5 MINUTES. UNORGANIZED, NO CLASS FROM MANAGEMENT, DRESS CODE IS A JOKE. DRESS PROPER ON FRIDAY AND LIKE A STRIPPER DURING THE WEEK.

VOLUNTEER SATURDAYS ARE REALLY MANDATORY SATURDAYS. EMPLOYEES FROM THE RECRUTING AGENCIES MILKING THE HOURLY RATE. WORKING 12-14 HOURS A DAY AND STILL DOING AN 8 HOUR SHIFT. MANAGEMENT IS ABUSIVE AND WORK LOADS ARE RIDICULOUS.

1 2 3 4 5

About Centene

Centene is sensitive to the needs of individuals and families enrolled in government-assisted health programs. The company provides – Read more

Centene Salaries