Centennial Bank

Centennial Bank Employee Reviews

Bad Management and low pay
Tech Support Technician (Former Employee), Conway, ArkansasFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: horrible pay, no advancement, management
Worked in the IT department and pay was horrible for a degree job. Management was bad also. They run everything through micromanaging. Had almost no administrative rights and wasn't given the opportunity to show my skills. Absolutely no room to advance. Working for another company now making double the pay and all the admin rights I can handle. Only thing I enjoyed at this job was my coworkers. Would not recommend centennial bank unless you are desperate.
teller in 72450
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Paragould, ARFebruary 17, 2015
Amazing place to work, no room for advancement though. Leader tends to hire from outside the bank. Actual bank managers are good to work for.
Great place to learn about databases and scanning documents
Data Processor (Former Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: hour long lunch break
Coming to work in an office building and scanning and creating files to be put into and online database. Co-workers were a lot older then I was given that my position was only temporary. The hardest part of the job was trying not to become bored with the work. Sitting at one spot for 7 or 8 hours doing the same thing over and over isn't that much fun. The most enjoyable part was when it was Friday, not only because it was the mark of the end of the week, but early in the morning we kept the lights off, which made it a little more enjoyable.
Balance all payroll accounts and balance deductions to bills remit 401K payments. Check all areas of payroll for accuracy.
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Balance all payroll accounts. Tie benefit deductions to bills monthly. Check all time cards and make corrections. Make sure all salaries and taxes are going to the correct GL accounts. Texas workforce multi workplace reports from the 941's. Check and remit 401K payments.

The most enjoyable part is the balancing of the accounts.
Productive and fun workplace
Teller 3 (Current Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 10, 2015
the branch I work at is very busy, you must be able to balance at the end of the day, I've learned a great deal of customer service experience and cash handling experience. you will work with the same people every single day. so your co-workers are your best friends a least while you're working.
Capital Requirements
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2014
Major capital injection from NC holding company greatly enhanced banks operating abilities.
Easy going and laid back place to work
Item Processor (Current Employee), Conway, ARNovember 19, 2014
Great co-workers. My supervisor is sweet and easy going. They are so willing to work with everyone's schedule. A normal day is coming in keying items that weren't read or that were misread by the computer and balancing transactions. I assist tellers with troubleshooting whether with a transaction or with the computer or scanners as well. Very easy going enviornment.
Great co-workers
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Destin, FloridaSeptember 15, 2014
Employees at the branch level were very knowledgeable and easy to learn from and easy to work with. The employees proved that the customer is their main priority as well as following set guidelines and rules.
Fast advancement
Commercial Loan Officer/Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great working inviroment
Cons: bank was sold to wells fargo.
I was hired as a worker at this bank until I was able to prove my commercial loan experience. After I had written several loan reviews of loans I brought to the bank I was advanced to Loan Officer/Assistant Vice President.

At one point the bank was suffering some sever losses. At a meeting with the "Board of Directors", I informed them that I had experience in Consumer Home Loans, within 5 months I had the bank set up for doing home loans and within a month after that I closed 5 loans, thus producing a substantial cash flow to the bank.
normal job experience
Teller (Former Employee), Orange Beach, ALApril 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hard to advance, no full time position
You come into work and already had lots of work to do between the night drops, and opening the teller line at 8:30. You are onyou feet constantly, never sitting down. I enjoyed myself though, the people down in Orange Beach who banked with Centennial were amazing, some of the nicest people i have ever met! I learned alot with this job, and it had gotten me where I am today. Between cash management, balancing ATMs and vault, and dealing with others people money, it was overall a great work experience. My Branch Manager was GREAT!!! Although the Assistant was not! She made alot of situations really harder then it should of been. Love Love Loved the co-workers there. The head teller taught me everything I know! I really didn't have a hard part in this job. The most enjoyed was dealing with the customer, they knew when something was wrong, and they would just make your day so much better.
Great Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Destin, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Great place to be banking. Enjoyed learning about the banking industry.
Great People, Great Customers, Horrible Pay
Teller (Former Employee), ArkansasDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great managers, great people, great customers
Cons: horrible pay, little opportunity for advancement
Work was always good
Managers backed you for the most part
Advancement was not likely
Great Co-Workers
I learned how to provide excellent customer service
The hardest part of the job was working for very little compensation
The most enjoyable part was the family like atmosphere
Really enjoyed working at Centennial Bank
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Conway, ARDecember 2, 2013
Pros: won customer service award in 2002
Cons: left to originate home loans
Processed Mortgage Loans for Loan Officer. Input application into Contour System, later to be Encompass Mortgage Program. Ran Credit, edited application, obtained documents needed for approvals from customers, realtors, loan officer. Documenting through outlook and fax to the underwriters to insure approvals with minimal conditions. Closing approximately 30 loans, to include drawing loan documents using Doc Magic, balancing HUD 1's and making sure our customers left satisfied and happy to send us more referrals.
Great Love working there
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Sherwwod ArOctober 28, 2013
Pros: great hours
Great Love working there. 5 stars was a nice place to work no prblems at all
Loved this job but management was not fair at all
Teller (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2013
Cashed checks for customers and non-customers, made deposits and withdrawals from accounts from customers, made cashiers' checks and debit cards, balanced drawer at end of day. I loved this job, by far my favorite. I was there for almost a year. I contracted pneumonia in December, again in February, and again in April. I brought in medical documentation but was told that if I did not come to work, I would be fired. I came to work. The last time I got sick, in April, I could not work because I was in too much pain. Came back to work a couple days later and was fired, Was told that it was no reflection on my work performance at all.
Growing company
Part time Teller (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2013
Pros: work day goes by fast
Cons: no time to cross train
Great place to work to gain experience in the banking field. The atmosphere is very laid back and the customers make the job enjoyable.
Great Company to work for.
Banker (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 8, 2013
Bank no longer exists. It was acquired by another bank. Management treated their employees very well. Even non management received stock options.
Centennial and Heritage are both great places to work at. At Centennial I am a Temporary employee so I do not know there benefits taken over November
Temporary Employee (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2012
Pros: a great place to work, and have good future.
Cons: hertiage bank taken over fdic .cenenntinal bought, my job is in little rock ak
I have enjoyed very much working at my past position. I have worked in different areas and it was a good place to work. The environment was business but like family. The hardest part of the job at my current job is now I am currently Team Conversion Leader for the loan department. So I am doing something I have never done before and is very interesting. The hardest part of the job is knowing that my job is now located in Little Rock AK. The most enjoyable part is getting the job done efficiently and correctly and getting the customers out quickly and happy.
Nice place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Morrilton, AROctober 18, 2012
low pay, a lot of responsibility but otherwise a nice environment
It was a good place to work and learned alot.
Data Proc / Proof Oper / Receptionist / Safe Dep (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2012
Centennial Bank was a nice place to work with good people and learned a lot.