Centennial Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace work place with lots of money
Teller (Former Employee) –  Highland, ARFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of coming into work with a smile on your face, counting your drawer and running transactions; Giving your customers your 100% full attention and respect.
Pros
Getting an hour lunch, and being able to talk to everyone.
Cons
Not having but 1 break all day.
Pleasant and Professional Work Environment
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Centennial Bank provides a work environment that is structured to be productive and cohesive. Management is fair and expects employees to be self directed.There is not any micro managing in the credit area allowing employees necessary time to simply focus on job at hand.
Great retail side, not so great Trust side
Trust Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 18, 2016
Centennial Bank was good to me for 3 years. I moved from part time teller to a trust assistant job in those 3 years. When I was a teller and a customer service representative I was happy and loved the people I worked with. However, when I was promoted to Trust assistant it all went downhill. My new boss off the bat did not take a liking to me. I was not trained to do my job and was going in blind everyday to what I would be doing. This has forced me to look for something better and something that will make me happier.
Pros
Co-workers, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Latest boss.
Good Atmosphere
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 7, 2016
Great place to work the biggest issue is the compensation. Hard to move up in the area your from without having to move off. But management is great as well as most of the co-workers. It can be stressful at times depending on who you are and how you work. Its easier for some and not others. Interacting with customers and getting to build those relationships is always great.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
No Christmas bonus and Hourly Wage
Fun to learn how the banking world works.
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 17, 2015
Fun getting to learn how to count big bills and get to know the customers. I enjoyed getting to make friends with some of the co workers and get to know them better. I disliked the fact that most of the employees were nothing but drama starters and I just couldn't handle it.
Pros
good job
Cons
the co workers
Great teammates
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2015
good community bank but was not very lenient on giving my branch the necessary marketing funds to promote and expose bank to public. Was HQed in Arkansas so not much help was provided. Just a lot of management emails, conference calls.
Centennial likes to acquire failed banks. The last time the Central Florida market acquired failed banks in Dade City, FL, their local management team took over our management. Thought it was very unnecessary to drive 45 mins every quarter to have a meeting where it could have been done via phone. Waste of time and gas. This management did not know our customers and figured to use their style of management.
Great company
SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TexaOctober 25, 2015
Working for Centennial requires you to learn so much. There was never a dull moment. The environment was great and everyone enjoyed the team's atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with great management.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and the professional atmosphere.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Long wait for advancement
1 Horrible branch in Cabot but you do have a ton of other branches to go to.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cabot AROctober 16, 2015
Horrible management at one location. Gossip and any and all your personal business shared be it a employee or customer. Very apparent by the turnover this one branch has seen in under 1 year, As a company it is a good bank and all the other location in Cabot are wonderful very friendly, helpful, and respectful staff and wonderful management. If you are a customer avoid the main location at all cost it is so worth the five minute drive to any of the locations around town.
Pros
All other branches in Cabot are wonderful
Cons
Management and a couple of employees at 1 location give this bank a big black eye.
Professional and friendly environment
Bank Teller & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLSeptember 20, 2015
got trained with some detail oriented people that explained to me every single thing in the way they deal with customers till how they end there day, they held so much events to raise money for who is in need which was great to see a profitable company cares about those stuff.
Great Work Environment
Branch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 8, 2015
Positive attitudes. Transparent feedback on performance. Strong support staff in place. Adequate training. Decent, but not great, compensation.
Very Fun place to work
Bank teller (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for centennial bank I just had to move on to where there were better opportunities for me. I feel that the insurance was a bit expensive for a single mom trying to make a living.
Needs a lot of improvement
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2015
You work hard with a low starting pay. You wear several hats because it is a smaller bank. Their call center are the branches themselves and you are evaluated on how many calls you answer daily, on top of your walk in traffic.You work long hours at some locations but it affects you at the end of the day. Especially during the holiday season. One location known to do all of these things is the downtown Denver location. There are several needs of improvement from all directions. If you are willing to stick with the company for several years to see it, than this bank may be for you.
Enjoyed atmosphere with coworkers and very fast paced
Sr. Teller and FSR (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 15, 2015
Excellent place to work at until went through a merger. Enjoyed seeing my customers every week and hearing about their lives. Very small branch that was always busy and hopping.
Growing company
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJuly 14, 2015
I have been lucky to make it through 4 bank acquisitions. My current position allows me to work in my hometown, even though HR headquarters is located in Conway, AR. My co-workers and I work very well together, despite not working in the same physical location. The company continues to grow and add new banks in Arkansas, Alabama, Florida and, now, New York City.

I have enjoyed working for a publically traded company with nearly 1400 employees. It has been a great opportunity for me to see the difference between working for a small, family owned company and a large, publically traded company.

The hardest part of the job is not having the personal communication with the employees, because we are so large and spread out over 4 states. Email and phone calls from employees may be the only time you communicate with an employee. I prefer to know all of the employees and have a chance to meet them face-to-face, which is nearly impossible with a company this large.

Even with the communication channels that are available, my favorite part of my job is helping an employee. Whether it is answering a question for them or being able to point them in the right direction, the feedback that you receive from employees who are thankful for your assistance is probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
They don't care about customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMarch 19, 2015
Having come from a community banking background, I was taught customer serve is the most important part of banking. They don't feel that way. Also, if you have ever worked for the company in the past, they will not re-hire you.
Bad Management and low pay
Tech Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Conway, ArkansasFebruary 28, 2015
Worked in the IT department and pay was horrible for a degree job. Management was bad also. They run everything through micromanaging. Had almost no administrative rights and wasn't given the opportunity to show my skills. Absolutely no room to advance. Working for another company now making double the pay and all the admin rights I can handle. Only thing I enjoyed at this job was my coworkers. Would not recommend centennial bank unless you are desperate.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
horrible pay, no advancement, management
teller in 72450
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARFebruary 17, 2015
Amazing place to work, no room for advancement though. Leader tends to hire from outside the bank. Actual bank managers are good to work for.
Great place to learn about databases and scanning documents
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Coming to work in an office building and scanning and creating files to be put into and online database. Co-workers were a lot older then I was given that my position was only temporary. The hardest part of the job was trying not to become bored with the work. Sitting at one spot for 7 or 8 hours doing the same thing over and over isn't that much fun. The most enjoyable part was when it was Friday, not only because it was the mark of the end of the week, but early in the morning we kept the lights off, which made it a little more enjoyable.
Pros
hour long lunch break
Balance all payroll accounts and balance deductions to bills remit 401K payments. Check all areas of payroll for accuracy.
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Balance all payroll accounts. Tie benefit deductions to bills monthly. Check all time cards and make corrections. Make sure all salaries and taxes are going to the correct GL accounts. Texas workforce multi workplace reports from the 941's. Check and remit 401K payments.

The most enjoyable part is the balancing of the accounts.