Centennial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Collect blood draw uses appropriate phlebotomy techniques.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2017
I really enjoy working as Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist, rather it is directed patient care or indirect. I know this is my calling to help people in the world when they become ill. I can help ease patient mind with what ever going on with them. I have always been given out standing evaluation when it come to patient care.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
Cashier / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working their and a lot of room for advancement and room for growth with the company and within yourself. I enjoyed meeting new people from different walks of life and from different Countries made it all worth the experience pleasurable..
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
sometimes not getting a break within the required time frame
Great hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2016
Staff works well together. Hospital is clean and well staffed. The CEO is seen often checking on employees and thanking them. Felt appreciated for being there. Lots of job opportunity with growth. The Sarah Cannon Center is top notch!
Pros
Good with ethic
Cons
Nashville traffic
Enjoyed night shift
Staff Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Typical night shift was fairly standard. After routine handoff/update of anything pending nights were fairly quiet aside from routine duties or rush of emergency room patients. At the time the hardest part of the job was balancing between any patients to be done and all modalities, (surgery, emergency, inpatient, CT, x-ray or c-arm). At the time there was no one on-call for any modality.
good place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2016
i really liked working there, i really miss the people that i worked with, my co-workers were really helpful and it was a fun place to work. i still stay in touch with a few of my friends there.
Pros
pays good, and the people that i worked with were very nice and very helpful
Cons
the nashville traffic to get to work, and favoritism shown to certain employees in my dept., was way to much, and way to noticeable.
hardest part of job
Staff OR Rn (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 20, 2017
no teamwork, back biting can be a hostile environment. management shows favoritism in assignments. management does not stand behind you.
Med-surg unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 26, 2016
Faced paced environment of caring for patients of various issues. I learned how to handle many medical issues. Management worked as a team to help us take care of the patients needs. My co-workers worked as an amazing team. The hardest part of my job was juggling the day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with the patients.
Pros
There was an abundance of learning possibilities.
Cons
I would have liked more time with the patients.
Its all about money and time
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2017
It's a everyone for themselves place to work. It's very busy and chaotic and if you can't do the job they will fire you and find someone else who can.
Pros
HAS MULTIPLE PLACES TO EAT
Cons
VERY RARELY GET A BREAK
Great resources for patient care
Management (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2016
Hostile work environment created by senior leadership power struggle. Zero autonomy for management of units resulting in reflexive decisions with poor outcomes. Staff works in a culture of fear. Job security is dependent on being a yes person.
Pros
Great resources
Cons
Micromanaged management and directors
Great place to work! Best ever!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2017
Loved this company!!! always back the nurses and was so involved in pt education and on top of all things new! I can truly say Hca is the best place I have ever worked .
HCA is a great company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2017
I worked for Centennial for over 23 years and enjoyed everyday of it. I worked as an x-ray technologist and also a clinical instructor as well as being a manager. It was a great job
productive and fun place to work.
PACU-RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 26, 2017
professional state of the art facility., with caring and compassionate people providing the best care. enabling you to feel safe in the hands of the people caring for you.
Great place to work with good people
PACS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 12, 2014
Typically I work through all department issues with our Radiology PACS system including RIS, Powerscribe, Mammo, and any others that are presented.

I have learned that healthcare is always changing and you must be able and willing to change constantly to improve healthcare and your workplace.

Management is critical from the Director level as well as the CEO level to form a business model that will compete in this market.

Your co-workers are what make up a company’s success.

The most challenging part of my current job is to handle the high
volume of issues that can come at one time.

The most rewarding is fixing each issue and seeing the co-workers reaction when it’s fixed and they are happy with my work.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
benefits are limited
Productive learning
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Frisco TXJuly 5, 2013
A typical work day I never really knew when unit I was going to be in. I work from MedSurg - tele to ICU and ER. I learned so much from working at a hospital. My medical terminology skills were raised much higher. I processed Dr. orders and had to know what was going on in the unit at all times. I enjoyed working there and my co-workers were amazing. I worked with Dr.'s, RN's, phlebotomy, radiology, CNA's. The hardest part of the job was when we were full on a unit meaning 52 beds and we have a lot of discharges and admissions back to back on top of the charts that have orders for the other patient's but I had to learn how to multi-task and did a great job at it. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient's and family member's faces and how happy they were with out services. They would make you feel like you were on top of the world.
Pros
Meeting different people and different ages
Cons
30 min lunch for a 12 hour shift
Challenging
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNApril 19, 2014
Extremely underpaid considering the job & the demands placed on you for this position. Very fast paced & highly physical job. We walk continuously from one side of the hospital to the other & deal with on average at least 40 patients per shift & I feel that it is undervalued. We encounter every type of patient you can imagine from those that are extremely sick & unable to respond to us, to patients in code situations to patients who will verbally attack us & try &/or succeed to physically assault us on a regular basis. There is also a lack of full time positions, it seems to me that they like to keep people on as PRN employees despite the fact that they will have you regularly scheduled as a full time employee & treat you as one in every other sense of the title, yet you are not eligible to receive any benefits.
Pros
Mutual respect between departments, diversity of patients
Cons
Pay, lack of full time positions, scheduling
I learned a lot at Centennial Medical Center and with only a High School Education. I really learned a lot from this job.
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 8, 2012
When I worked at Centennial Medical Center I really liked the people that I worked with when I first started there I looked up patients in Meditech to make sure they only had one Medical Record Number and if they had more than one I had to combine the charts and merge in the computer. I really enjoyed getting up every day and going to work and all of management was good to me. I think the hardest part of the job is when I had to leave Centennial and move to HSC off of Harding Place once they decided that going paperless was the best thing to do It was still HCA we all moved to this new location and prepped,scanned and Indexed charts for all the HCA hospitals in the Nashville and Surrounding Areas once I got to this location I worked there from November 2008 and I was let go in February of 2010. I would really like to work back in Medical Records that was the best Job that I had.
Pros
good pay, great benefits and very good co-workers
Cons
i dont think they should of moved us to one location too many mistakes were made.
A team oriented satisfying place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2015
A great place to work with many opportunities. They care about their employees dearly. Middle management could be better but that could be said anywhere. Benefits are top notch and affordable. You'll be hard pressed to find a better place to work as a professional.
Pros
Continuing education, flexible hours, job satisfaction
Cons
short breaks. bad parking, middle management, 24/7 365
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2011
Centennial has been a great experience for me. I relocated a little over a year ago to take a job @ Centennial due to better pay, benefits, and professional management. No hospital is perfect but it's definately been a good move for me. They seem to put patient care first. If you take care of your patients, they will take care of you.
Pros
great pay, good management, and they put patient care as their priority
Cons
phasing out patient care assistants and lpns
employee meal , bus pass and 30 minute breaks. loved it!
Centenial Hospital (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2016
I would come in and sign in and go directly to my department which employee health where administrative staff come In for their monthly check up.
Pros
it was great working with the staff from managment to staff.
smell
excitement and very loving and caring peoplr working around you.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
come in around 4:00pm ,get the carts ready for the dinner trays to be delivered on makes sure everything is clean. I've learned how to overcome situations / times when i thought i couldnt make it out of but with the help from co-workers and supervisors i made it. the most enjoyable part about the was great benifits and very flexible work schedule. and also working with the patients up on the floors when when deliver their trays to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Centennial Medical Center Reviews by Location