Centennial Medical Center

Centennial Medical Center Employer Reviews

Nice company with great people
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Medical transcriptionist. Loved the job, the people. Learned a lot of new medical terminology which was very useful to me in my personal life. Hospital is beautiful. Felt like I was working in a hotel!
An experience ...
PBX Operator (Current Employee), NashvilleJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at Centennial Medical Center can very; we could be fluided with internal/external calls (patient/doctor information) at once then have a Code Blue we have to page over head.
Scans
Externship (Former Employee), Frisco, TXDecember 1, 2014
Performed and observed complete and limited abdominal scans
Performed and observed retroperitoneal scans
Performed and observed abdominal doppler
Able to maintain complete protocol-2-D. Doppler and Color Flow
Ensured quality results by establishing and following protocols.
• Invasive Procedures
Observed and assisted ultrasound guided paracentesis, thoracentesis, liver & breast biopsies, FNAs, cyst/seroma aspiration and craniotomies
Setup table and prepared patient
Assisted surgeon during procedures
• Non-Invasive Procedures
Performed and observed upper & lower extremity venous and arterial Doppler on patients, using color Doppler, Spectral Doppler with PW and Augmentation for patent vessels
Performed and observed carotid PW Doppler and Color flow
Performed and observed renal Doppler follows complete protocols with IVC, AO & renal vessels with PW Doppler and color flow
Observed and assisted PVR/Segmental pressures of lower extremities
Able to maintain complete protocol-2-D. Doppler and Color Flow
Great place to work with good people
PACS Administrator (Current Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: helping people in need
Cons: benefits are limited
Typically I work through all department issues with our Radiology PACS system including RIS, Powerscribe, Mammo, and any others that are presented.

I have learned that healthcare is always changing and you must be able and willing to change constantly to improve healthcare and your workplace.

Management is critical from the Director level as well as the CEO level to form a business model that will compete in this market.

Your co-workers are what make up a company’s success.

The most challenging part of my current job is to handle the high
volume of issues that can come at one time.

The most rewarding is fixing each issue and seeing the co-workers reaction when it’s fixed and they are happy with my work.
Hospital
Executive Assistant to Director Full Time (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, competitive pay
Centennial Medical Center is a fast-paced, busy major group of hospitals. I enjoyed working there in an office atmosphere in a support department.
very busy unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches are negotiable, rapid response team works well with individual nurses
Cons: communication
12 hour shifts, learning environment, hardest part of job is getting physical assistance with patient care. the most enjoyable experience is an ever changing pt assignment.Patients can be very demanding at times.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2014
Busy environment with a lot of work, kept busy but paid well. Learned valuable lessons in scrubbing and would love to work there again. Co-workers had great attitude and enjoyed their jobs.
productive fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: fun people, busy
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
I was a charge nurse on a 39 bed unit floor, delegated job duties, provided direct one on one patient care, assisted physicians', & ensured quality patient care & customer satisfaction
Very busy unit.
Registered Nurse-Oncology/Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great management staff and co-workers.
Cared for oncology and medical-surgical patients.
Admitted patients to unit.
Administered chemotherapy.
Collaborated with physicians and ancillary staff to implement appropriate plan of care.
Productive and fun place to work
food service (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2014
Always fun and busy. Learned different diets and management. I love working with my co-workers!!!
like working there until they let me go
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: sometimes too fast paced, they got rid of all lpn's
Fast Paced, you learn alot, use a lot of nursing skills, see patients get better and go home
A great place to work if youre into the cafe style
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 18, 2014
Pros: holiday meals
Its a job . Might not be what you want. I go in prepare myself for the morning and try to get as much as I can out of the way before my day begins. I helped my co - workers out and received input from management when needed. The most enjoale part of my job was making customers happy. And the hardest part was when co - workers didnt want to be team players.
Very busy, fun work environment
Registered Nurse- Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 1, 2014
Very busy place to work. Too many demands by upper management about waiting room times.
Co workers
Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 30, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: door to doc times
Love the people I work with. Do not like the door to doc times.
Challenging
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Nashville,TNApril 19, 2014
Pros: mutual respect between departments, diversity of patients
Cons: pay, lack of full time positions, scheduling
Extremely underpaid considering the job & the demands placed on you for this position. Very fast paced & highly physical job. We walk continuously from one side of the hospital to the other & deal with on average at least 40 patients per shift & I feel that it is undervalued. We encounter every type of patient you can imagine from those that are extremely sick & unable to respond to us, to patients in code situations to patients who will verbally attack us & try &/or succeed to physically assault us on a regular basis. There is also a lack of full time positions, it seems to me that they like to keep people on as PRN employees despite the fact that they will have you regularly scheduled as a full time employee & treat you as one in every other sense of the title, yet you are not eligible to receive any benefits.
Wonderful place to be employed
Board Runner, CRNFA, circulator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2014
Great place to work! Work with some awesome people, hardest part of my job is pleasing everybody. Most enjoyable part of my job is my present schedule of 6 on and 6 off. Have learned to subscribe to our I Care values. Am in a position of management and enjoy making as many people including doctors happy as possible.
Just getting started
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee), Nashville ,TNFebruary 19, 2014
This job is great for a young individual just getting started in the work force as a phlebotomist great teachers. The down side is they do not swap holidays the same people are off every year and turn over is crazy.
great equipment which makes the workload easier
Diagnostic Radiograph Technologist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 15, 2014
The work enviroment is a little more intense due to the size of the hospital. Teamwork is somewhat demonstrated by some staff. The opportunity to advance is a little more complex. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress factors.
excitement and very loving and caring peoplr working around you.
Intern (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2014
come in around 4:00pm ,get the carts ready for the dinner trays to be delivered on makes sure everything is clean. I've learned how to overcome situations / times when i thought i couldnt make it out of but with the help from co-workers and supervisors i made it. the most enjoyable part about the was great benifits and very flexible work schedule. and also working with the patients up on the floors when when deliver their trays to them.
DNK has alot to learn.
CT worker (Former Employee), Nashville. TNJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great place to eat . and fj was rewarding.
Cons: short on substance and long term advancement.
Enjoyed the experience overall but thought a lot more was possible. Hoped for the best and got the worst unfortunately.

1 2 3

About Centennial Medical Center

Celebrating 45 years of providing quality healthcare to Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region, TriStar Centennial – Read more

Centennial Medical Center Photos