Centennial Peaks Hospital Employee Reviews

Great opportunities with poor management
Case Manager & Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COOctober 15, 2017
This facility has a lot of potential, but very poor management. The administration team tries to stretch employees as thinly as possible in order in increase their profits.
mission focused
MHC (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 7, 2017
The work environment can be stressful given the challenging patients who are treated at the facility. It's helpful to know that you are helping people that are having a really difficult time in their lives. The job expectations can be intense but everyone is trying to do the right thing and there is a lot of good team work.
Pros
mission, teamwork, meals
Cons
intensity of patient needs
No better , no worse
front line staff current (Former Employee) –  centennial peaks hospitalJuly 23, 2017
I see reviews both good and bad for centennial peaks. It is the same as other hospitals with the same pros and cons. The management seems to get a "bad rap" from many employees but overall they are better than most in other hospitals. Sometime the clinical staff does not have a keen sense of the "business end" of operations which creates tension and misunderstandings. Overall, I rate this hospital as better than most. The staff are advocates for good patient care and although there is always room for improvement the care given by staff is excellent. The hospital always works on improving programming and operations in a dedicated way.
Pros
benefits, caring staff focus on performance improvement
Cons
staffing, communication, accountabillity at times
Lots of opportunity for the motivated employee
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 22, 2017
The benefits are amazing as CPH is part of a large hospital network. The work in this field can be very tough, but the hospital encourages you to use your days off to make sure you are taking care of your mental health as well. My supervisor is wonderful and trusts my team and I to do our jobs well, while providing support where we need it. The leadership at the hospital is very involved in the daily care and operations in the grounds as well as very involved in the greater community.
The opportunities in this company are endless as long as your motivated and communicate with your supervisor about how to achieve your goals.
Pros
Benefits, team, and understanding leadership
Cons
Tough audience to treat, but very rewarding
Super place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 21, 2017
Employees are friendly and caring about the work that they do. Great benefits to include low premiums for health coverage, stock options and 401k, generous PTO plan and various other perks. The hospital is also part of a larger organization, UHS so there is also opportunity for professional growth. If you are looking for an employee centered environment this is the place to be.
Centennial Peaks
Staff (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 12, 2017
Busy pace at the facility, lacks work place culture. Areas of improvement for the program. Overall would recommend the company to future employee. Advancement opportunities.
Close knit peer group.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 9, 2017
A fun place to work and make a difference. Several patient populations for a diverse experience. Generous time off and medical/dental/vision benefits.
Pros
Free meals, overtime, schedule flexibility
Cons
patient agressiveness
Poor Management
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 18, 2017
Centennial Peaks was a great place to work until corporate hired a new manager. This manager is only about bottom dollar, not the employees. I hated to leave but the corporate driven greed did not line up with my values.
Pros
$2 lunch, $1 breakfast, nice people
Cons
Micromanagement
Great First Experience
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COFebruary 23, 2017
When I come in, there is always something new to experience and learn. The team that I work with is always there to support me when I am in need of something--time off the unit to decompress or to talk. I have learned how to effectively work with patients who are depressed, detoxing, or who are in a manic episode.
Pros
Turn-over Rate
Cons
Lack of Communication with Administrative Staff and Nursing Department Staff
Be unemployed it's better
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COFebruary 19, 2017
I had real hopes about this place. The staff is wonderful, management not especially staffing. Get on their bad side and shifts you put in for are given to others. 5 admits were not uncommon in a shift with inadequate staffing. With their expansion I suspect it will be worse. They take in anyone as the admission department rarely has an RN to access. They drop off patients when the unit is not ready and these are the most critical. Paper charting leads to errors but saves them money pure profit to which salaries for staff are low even with experience.
Pros
Unit staff
Cons
See above
Better to be unemployed than employed by this Hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 15, 2016
Although their pay is competitive there is a reason, the way they overwork and under appreciate their hard working staff is appalling. The upper management (directors) are extremely unprofessional violating ethical and moral boundaries consistently. The patients are discharged prematurely and poorly treated.
The most unprofessional workplace.
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleJuly 26, 2016
- I was concerned for the safety of the patients.
- I was concerned about meeting basic Hospital standards.

I spoke with management and was relieved of my duties within two weeks. I was told I was let go because they did not have the budget.

I was also told when I worked there to alter my notes so that they could charge the insurance companies additional monies.

I had to give a patient a shot and push him into solitary confinement for 24 hours. With the help of another staff and two security men.
I found this inhumane.

It is against my morals to work in such an environment.
Pros
Cons
Inhumane, Insurance Fraud, Mistreatment of patients, Staff hired without proper qualifications.
Fast paced environment
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 25, 2016
A typical day at work entails milieu management, intakes and discharges, and group facilitation. I learned a great deal about crisis intervention and working with a team of professionals. I work the evening shift so I do not spend any direct contact with upper management but I have never had an issue. My co-workers have always been supportive and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job is coping with staffing issues. The most enjoyable part is getting to know and help the patients.
Pros
Part time you can pick your schedule.
Cons
Not enough staff at times
Horrible place to work and receive psychiatric treatment
RN (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 2, 2016
There are some wonderful people who work at CPH, unfortunately none in management. Folks are hired before references are checked, background checks complete and drug tests done, because they are so short staffed. The majority of staff do not stay once they get the picture. The ones who do not know the regulations and standards of care under which they work ignorantly stay. Some simply never return from their breaks or even show up for their next shift, without any notice.
The orientation is ludicrous and staff are required to work the units before their competency is evaluated/determined by supervisors. Even if they state they are not prepared, they are told, "You have to, we are short staffed".
Management does not increase staffing even when as many as 5 patients are admitted on a shift that was only staffed for the census at the beginning of the shift, usu. with only one nurse, who is completely overwhelmed. Often new involuntary patients (as most are) are extremely violent which requires more staff to safely manage them and the existing milieu. Tears of frustration from patients and staff are not uncommon.
So a new freaked out patient cannot get the orders/medications they need for sometimes a whole shift, or their clothing/belongings checked and approved. How frightening is that? You've just been admitted to a psych hospital because you are in great need and your needs cannot be met!?! Especially for the medications you must take to regain your equilibrium...
Any good manager knows one must vet, train, supervise, nurture and prepare staff, your greatest asset,
  more... so they will take excellent care of patients. Staff are used and abused, and patients are not given all they need during what are most likely the most stressful, scary days of their lives. Numerous times one would hear staff say in report, "This was the worst shift of my entire career!"
A case against the company (Universal Health Services) by the United States Government for fraudulent claims was heard by the Supreme Court on April 16, 2016. That and the fact that CPH never told it's staff about it speaks volumes. What else are they hiding?
It's a shame and a sham.
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
unsafe staffing patterns, most "therapeutic"groups on unit provided by counselors hired off the street
Walks a fine line to be closed from FERPA violations.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 17, 2015
Patients do not receive quality care. MHW/MHC positions are now for newly graduated students to gain experience in the mental health field, while receiving compensation under the median wage, with zero prospect of promotion.
Pros
Cons
Patients are not receiving proper treatment.
Challenging place to work, but personal/internal rewards are great!
Mental Health Counselor/Patient Management Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 3, 2015
Each and every day is different. I never know what to expect, which keeps me on my toes. The patients at the hospital can range from depression to extremely psychotic. Providing the care and the support that the patients need is my first priority and when they thank you for providing them the emotional support and care they needed is the reward and satisfaction that comes with my job. Other enjoyable parts of the job are watching the patients learn and grow as they complete the program of the hospital from the groups that I facilitate and from the groups that my fellow co-workers facilitate. It is great watching them apply something that they took away from the group and utilize it to achieve their treatment goals. The challenges are when dealing with difficult and dangerous patients. My co-workers are very supportive and communicate well in regards to patient care. They help maintain a positive and uplifting environment, which helps keep the patients happy and in good moods. In times of crisis, my co-workers are very responsive and supportive to help the management of the patients safe and we are able to de-escalate the patients to the best of our ability as a team. I have struggled with management and their lack of support. There is a lot of micro management, which makes it difficult to do my job appropriately. There are times when management was great and I did not have any issues with them, but it is more often times then not, I am struggling to work with them to improve on my career and make a positive impact on the patients at the hospital.
Pros
easy to get time off, patient care is good, rewards of the job from a patients perspective
Cons
lacks in continuity, minimal care of employees, micro managing of departments
Tremendous Potential with Poor Management
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 18, 2015
Wonderfully talented employees worked at Centennial Peaks. This facility could have been a tremendous benefit for all our patients.
Unfortunately, poor scheduling and unsafe working conditions made this an unfortunate place to work.
I cannot count the number of shifts I was responsible for the care of 14 to 18 patients by myself and one nurse. This was unfair to our patients and unsafe for employees.
My most enjoyable part of this job was facilitating our group sessions.
Pros
Joy of counseling the hurting
Cons
Dangerous workplace, no security force to help
Always respectfull to my client base and empathetic
Chemical Dependence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 17, 2014
The management imposed a iron fist of power and control, and did not appreciate supervisors less qualified brow beating me,,toxic
Pros
Keep my head up and provide the best service for my client base
Cons
sticking up for myselof
Staff members really there to help
RN - Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COAugust 20, 2013
Loved working there at first. co-workers were great, but the management staff very harsh and not employee "friendly". To be there for the patients was great. Really felt like we helped people but work environment for the floor staff was made very uncomfortable (even harassment) by the management staff making people feel like they didn't want to work there anymore.
pleasant and engaging department colleagues
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2013
difficult task of compiling summary of each short term resident into discharge summary. Very stressful, satisfying with doctor's positive comments on result, position was eliminated as doctor's were required to dictate their own summaries
Pros
met wonderful friends
Cons
monotonous task, confining work space