Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.

Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2017
I resigned a stable position for the opportunity to work with autistic children. Training was horrible, no help given, then when I scored 2 points to low on the final exam terminated. Don't quit your job!
Did not pay, at all.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2017
Worked for the company for three months, and they failed to pay me for ten weeks worth of work. No one could give me answers, HR was never available, and eventually they stopped scheduling me. It's been two months since and not a single word from my supervisors. This is the worst company I have ever worked for, and the pay itself was completely unfair. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste time on this terrible company.
Pros
Helped children
Cons
Doesn't pay, management is absolutely terrible, communication between team members is nonexistent
Great for entry level
OM (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 29, 2017
Great for entry level or college grads starting to look for position in either clinical or in operations. Work life balance can be hard on all levels but building relationships and networking is great. The pay is low but again its good for starting out and building resume. The CEO and Directors are great
Pros
Building relationships and growth
Cons
low pay and hard work life balance
Heartless.
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 24, 2017
When this company hired me i thought i was finally going to make my family proud. I was judged for 2 months for my looks and payed minimum wage,eventually fired. I have then become depressed because i have a family to support and one single mistake with this company will cost your job,even if your new.
Great place to work!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 24, 2017
CARD Garden Grove is an awesome place! I really enjoy my co-workers and it's like a second family to me. The company itself has an awesome mission and vision. The people who work here are really passionate, caring and hardworking. They all really want to make a difference to all clients and families at CARD.

The hardest part of my job as an Administrative Coordinator is that once in a while there are difficult parents; other than that the job itself is great!
Pros
Awesome co-workers, positive enviroment, great benefits (health, vision, bonus)
Cons
Wage, Trouble parents
What a terrible mistake
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 18, 2017
What the company does for children is great, don't get me wrong. They provide a much needed service to families with children that have autism and related disorders.

The part that was a terrible mistake was signing a contract to work for one year minimum with a management team that made everyday of work hard.

This company lacks communication with its therapists in a functional way that makes the therapist feel like a part of the team, the mindset there is very much the therapists versus management. Favoritism is in play hugely.

The pay is terrible for the amount of work and judgement from management.
Pros
Helping children, providing relief for families
Cons
Wage, management, benefits.
Terrible
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Do not work for this horrid company. The kiddos were talked about and laughed at. Their main concern is the money from the insurance companies. The schedule could change for the week any given day.
Amazing company with people that care and lots of advancement opportunities
Behavior Therapist 3 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2017
I've worked for this company for almost a year now and I couldn't say enough wonderful things about it. As a full time student it is great to have a company that is willing to work with my class schedule that changes each semester. In this time I have received comprehensive training that absolutely prepared me to handle any situation, as well as has given me the opportunity to receive my Registered Behavior Technician and Board Certified Autism Technician certifications.
There are many opportunities to get bonuses through the company, which is nice. There are opportunities to get quarterly bonuses depending on success of your office, and referral bonuses for recruiting therapists. The job can be hard, which results in a high turnover and constant hiring, but if you have the heart for these kiddos it will be one of the most rewarding entry level jobs you can get. Not to mention that most of the management level employees used to be entry level therapists, and many of them had at least part of their education paid for by CARD in order to become supervisors.

These kids have changed my life and I'm so happy to be working with people who care about them as much as I do.
Pros
Education compensation, paid sick, paid holiday (with certifications), advancement opportunities, certification opportunities, bonuses
Cons
Issues take a long time to resolve as they have to go through corporate headquarters
Terrible management
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Management is very unorganized and does not have a clear direction of where the company should go. Compensation is a joke unless you are close with the higher ups.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
Compensation, management, general quality of the company is terrible
Good first professional job
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Management was hard to work with and treated you as if you didnt have a life outside of work. Compensation was extremely low considering what was expected of you. However, seeing the progress in your clients made it worth it.
Great opportunities for advancement
Behavioral Therapist IV (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 29, 2016
Always learning and developing multi-tasking skills! Can be draining but very rewarding. The little accomplishments with each kiddos and family is worth all the struggles with managing behaviors.
Pros
Mentor meetings with supervisors, Educational Assistance program, Monthly socials, Opportunities for certifications and additional trainings.
Cons
Driving throughout the day, but sessions at the centers make it easier.
loved it
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 16, 2016
i loved working here and the ppl that work there are great but the kids? the kids are even better. awesome place to work. what now
Cool Entry Level Position!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 14, 2016
I started working at this company right out of college and it has grown tremendously during that time. If you are at all interested in working with kids and want to make a difference in the lives of those with special needs this is definitely the place for you. Not only can you start at entry level (HS diploma is required) there is tons of opportunity for growth with the RBT/BCAT certifications. CARD pays for you to receive these and help you to maintain them. The training that I received was very comprehensive and I never feel as though I don't have the support I need. I would recommend this to any person seeking a rewarding and fulfilling job that you need no experience to start.
Pros
Flexible hours, opportunities for advancement, educational assistance
Company doesn't care
Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2016
I was a admin at the AL1 office and they let me go due to i was pregnant and couldn't support the management team enough. Sad company
Pros
None.
Cons
They allow the therapist to call out and show up whenever they feel like it
Sad company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 3, 2016
Such a sad company always hiring interns and never taking care of employees. Its companies like these that disgust me.none they are always looking to save money its sick
Pros
none they are always looking to save money its sick
Cons
everything
They do wonderful work and for a good cause!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 12, 2016
The creators and employees of CARD are wonderful people with incredible empathy, big hearts, and patience. They help so many families to understand the disorder and they help the children with autism to be able to live their lives with some independence. It is a wonderful company!
Inflexible schedule
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 21, 2016
This job is require to drive to client's house so you will be spending a lot of time driving to places. There is no lunch time sometimes and you will be having lunch in the car.
Management creepy
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 3, 2016
10-15 employees are let go every day.
management don't care about how to improve job environment at all. if you open your mouth and say something about they will build case against you and terminate your employment regardless how good you are at your job.

You will never get pay raise.
Pros
Cons
confused management
Didn't enjoy working here
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 3, 2016
I briefly worked here and didn't like it at all. First red flag: I applied online and was contacted within 10 minutes of my application submission. I'll hold myself accountable on that one, because clearly, that's a strong indicator that they are desperate and severely short-staffed!!!!!!!!!!!
Second red flag: I was told at the outset (interview), that "training" is only a 2 week period and once it ends you're assigned cases. This was definitely a bald faced lie!! "Management," (if you can call them that) was lacking terribly. There was no sense of true leadership and integrity among management in this office. These beez (NOT the insects) were extremely deceitful, dishonest, spiteful, grossly unfair, and vindictive.
BEWARE: IN ORDER TO AVERT A MAJOR CRISIS, DON'T WORK HERE!!!!
If you're interested in the human services field and want to work with children with autism and their families, then this is not the company to work at. It's not worth the time, effort, and energy that you'll expend when you can be someplace else and be truly rewarded, form meaningful relationships with your colleagues and be compensated for the time that you put into doing your job.
NOTE: I would have given a rating of NO stars, but unfortunately, zero isn't an option. :(
Pros
N/A-wasn't there long enough to know if there could have been any highlights
Cons
-poor management -lack of communicaiton -deceitful -low wages -high travel
Was great once
Senior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 9, 2015
Was phenomenal until insurance and regional center started decreasing payment for service which resulted in a reduction in quality m.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9