CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Very Lazy invested nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
They are looking for nurses to work non-stop while they have their windows closed to do other nursing duties but while doing that can eat their lunch in peace, chat among each other, shop online and get on facebook while the other nurses are working and getting no help.

The pay is $17.50 and so not worth what you do. The training is poor and DON does not stand up for her nurses. There are so much more rewarding and fulfilling jobs out there better than here.

Benefits cost you an arm and leg and is only medical and dental.
Pros
off by 12:45pm
Cons
poor pay, work short staffed, poor training, bad attitudes
Working with patients is enjoyable ,sometimes the culture takes away from the job
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
Direct management at this location struggles with handling cross generational management. This can create a less than enjoyable culture to work in at times. The job itself is very rewarding though.
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Owners are only concerned with their bottom line. Facility is dirty. One of the doctors lost his license in other states due to inappropriately touching patients.
Pros
Off by noon.
Cons
Short staffed. LOW compensation. Poorly trained managers.
Fast paced, great experience, but poor management
Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
Early hours 5-noon
Many responsibilities outside of job description
Great co-workers and clinical supervisors
Management micromanages and likes to hand out responsibilities-- not helpful.
The paperwork is intense, this position should be entitled "Case Management" as there is more paperwork than actual counseling.
Pros
Fair wage for starting in the field, the other counselors are welcoming
Cons
paperwork is majority of job, not counseling.
Good Atmosphere
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
Center for Behavioral Health Services is a small staff of 11, which was very client oriented. I enjoyed the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Work schedule & Holidays
Cons
location
learned management techniques
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2015
conducted chart audits
counseling sessions with patients
learned about medicated assisted treatment
managed counselors
worked with different agencies within the community
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
being middle management can be difficult at times
somewhat unprofessional
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIDecember 26, 2015
Dispensed methadone to patients.
Ensured accountability of medication.
Assisted with screening of clients.
Worked with counselors regarding clients.
Privatly owned Methadon/Suboxone treatment clinic
Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2013
A typical day would be to go in and manage a caseload of opiate dependent patients, by documenting any meeting with the patient, their treatments/dosing and to make sure that the patient was following their treatment plans.
I learned that Methadone/Suboxone in some cases may be necessary, but in my opinion isn't very affective.
Management didn't really show patient care.
My co workers were very hardworking and seemed driven in their postions.
The hardest part of the job was being and Intern and having a caseload the size of two class rooms, but I tried my best.
The most enjoyable part was working in a clinical setting. It is where I decided I want to find a career in the medical field instead of in social work.
Client centered planning with an emphasis on enabling, focused on profit.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2015
Work begins prior to 5am and you are finished meeting with clients at 12:30pm, which is nice if you have children or have errands to run (be ready to be in bed by 9pm) You will work one weekend a month (this is actually split, so you work Sunday, then normal work week with one day off and then Saturday). Micro-management and attempts to force people to act outside their field of practice. An example: Asking counselors to conduct urine drug screen observation and obtaining without training (when nursing staff is present and fully staffed, they simply would not stop playing on their cell phone). (This happens on a daily basis, regardless of company policy - no cell phone use due to confidential nature of the job). Do not plan on getting an uninterrupted lunch. You are expected to drop whatever you are doing to meet with clients, including supervision, eating, staff meetings or another appointment with other clients, if the clients are verbal or attempt to complain be prepared to be reprimanded by management.

Co-workers were the best part of this experience due to the nature of the job and the environment that is fostered by poor management. On the upside, the clients that are at CBH that want help will work hard to better themselves and genuinely make progress. On the other hand, the clients that are there and continue illicit use, do so without fear of any consequences as long as they can pay the weekly fee to remain at the clinic.

I genuinely loved working with my clients, however it was extremely clear that management had no concern regarding the treatment and
  more... safety of the counselors employed there. A bomb threat was called in to the clinic (staff did not notify authorities, management laugh and stated "they are just unstable". An anonymous type was placed with local authorities who evacuated the building. After which several counselors were reprimanded in a staff meeting for vocalizing concerns regarding their safety.

That being said, harm reduction can be life changing for some and I believe that under the right management and any accountability this would be a great place to work. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, high caseloads, and safety concerns.
It is a high-level stress job.
Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KyAugust 3, 2015
I am not able to discuss aspects of my job due to confidentiality reasons. I will say that I learned to become more organized and enjoyed working with my co-workers. The management team was supportive.
I highly enjoy working as an addiction counselor and working for the Center for Behavioral Health.
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 1, 2014
I work as an addiction counselor at the Center for Behavioral Health. I manage an average case load of 70 patients. A typical day would consist of individual counseling, treatment planning, discharge planning, conducting biopsychosocial assessments, and case management duties. I enjoy working with this population because I feel we offer services to our patients which greatly impacts their lives and offers them the skills necessary for them to regain control of their lives. I work in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking is essential.
Great place to work, Supportive, great team, friendly atmosphere
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FLApril 19, 2012
I was responsible for admitting, assessing, monitoring, and medical needs accomplished for 16 medically compromised geriatrics. I learned how important it is to sincerely show respect, compassion to each and every one. Offer positive feedback frequently, be approachable and personable. Management was available and also gave staff positive feedback. I worked with an excellent team whom all had the common goal of insuring each client was glad to be there and would want to come back. The hardest part of the job was when the clients had to leave and advanced onto total nursing skilled facility situation. The most enjoyable was everyone made me feel so needed and verified everyday I was coming back the next day.
Pros
great pay, 3 miles from my house, 2-3 days /week; 6 hr days
Cons
they closed. i miss them all.
Fast paced high energy clinic with really great co-workers
Dispensing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2014
On a typical day i would assist in dispensing Methadone and Suboxone to patients who are in treatment for opioid addiction. Provide therapeutic communication to aide in the quality of care my patients received. I learned a lot about a whole new population of patients, how to approach them, what to say, what not to say. i also learned a lot about the process of addiction and also withdrawls. My co-workers are amazing, very much of a team experience, all of us working together towards the same goal, patient success and patient care. the hardest part of the job was waking up so early, i would have to be at work from 4:30 am to 1:00pm, at first it was hard to get on the right sleep schedule, but i got a hang of it after a while. The most enjoyable is the relationships i have formed with my patients, a lot of them have problems with trust and feeling comfortable and i had a lot of them tell me they enjoyed my presence and care i provided.
Pros
co-workers, hours, management support
Cons
hours, breaks, location
Fast pace, met so many patients, fun and happy place to work.
Health Care Administration Externship (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2012
A typical day at work was signing in patients, processing payments, scheduling appointments, filing, verifying medical coverage, making patient charts,answering phones. What I learned during my 180 hours of extern: testing for drugs and pregancy test, scheduling appointments, verifying medical coverage, making patient charts. The management teams were very nice and helpful and willing to train. Co-worker was very busy, very nice, helpful, fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients.
Pros
day went by fast.
Cons
short lunch
Not treatment oriented, too census oriented
Staff (Former Employee) –  Northern NevadaDecember 6, 2012
For being an outpatient methadone clinic, the focus is not on treatment, it's more about keeping good census numbers. Management is good at a local clinic level but the company overall constantly changes expectations or policies. The company does not provide necessary resources to run a company. Staff has to supply their own computers but are required to complete a large volume of paperwork. Caseloads are too large to effectively provide counseling and treatment which is why it's a position that will help you get your foot in the door but why there's also a high turnover rate.
Pros
able to gain experience
Cons
high turnover
Great pay, horrendous management.
Varying (Former Employee) –  IdahoApril 8, 2013
The only thing that kept me there was the fact that the pay was great and the job market in the area is terrible. My co-workers were amazing people and I miss them everyday but one person can only handle a certain amount of terrible management and psychological warfare on a daily basis. This would be a great company if it weren't for the fact that it is run by people with no interpersonal skills. One of the top managers is the most micromanaging hypocrite I have ever met who will cry at the drop of a hat to manipulate their way out of the conversation right before turning any issue under discussion into your fault. Then, if it was a positive initiative it was miraculously their idea. The ideals are constantly differing between "you are in charge" and "you are a lowly peon" depending on what message management is trying to convey at that second. The high pay is tempting, but not worth to emotional damage it will cause. Remember, the employee is always wrong.

Note: When I state my job title is "varying" what I mean is "varying from day to day on the whim on my supervisor's mood". Seriously.
Pros
high pay
Cons
worst management
Early hours, high caseload, poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 4, 2014
Place focuses on gaining new patients and collecting profit even when individuals are not fit for treatment. The management fails to adhere to basic ethical and legal requirements of the helping professions and shows little care or concern for its employees. High turnover rate. Poor pay.
Pros
off work early
Cons
early hours, high caseload, poor management, job misrepresentation, money focused, poor pay
Somewhat stressful...
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 27, 2012
A methadone clinic is a very intresting/hard place to work at. You really never know what type of person will walk in through the doors. Co-workers taught me alot about the program and how its helps people. I left there a better understanding and more compassion. Management not very easy to work with when they were never around or unable to get ahold of them by phone.
Productive and fun days
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 31, 2014
A typical work day always started for me at 4:00am and ended at 1:00pm. I learned that everyday people would come in with a different attitude some nice and some not so nice I had respect for them all. My co-workers were awesome from the first day I started and we still have a relationship even tho I am not longer employed there. I have to honestly say I never had a hard part cause it was my job and I knew it had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people and I learned something new everyday while I was there.
Pros
we would meet up after work at least twice a week and have lunch together!
Cons
restroom break cause i was the only one that could run the front office, it was hard for me to get someone to set for me until i finally train 3 people to do me job.
Not for me
LPN (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJuly 3, 2012
I was lured in by the great salary and benefits, but after a few days I knew this was not going to work for me. I am by nature a loving and honest person. This wasn't going to be where I could be that. The upside is I had wonderful co workers, I hated leaving them.
Pros
salary pkg
Cons
terrible hours with little time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7