CENTER FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH Employee Reviews

great care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2017
lack of insurance coverage and poor PTO accrual; a great group of people to work for. They really care about the education and care of their patients. Glad they revamped old musky office
Fun place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
Will recommend as a place to work. Experienced a lot of staff turnover, but the company was able to provide work training to staff. Leaving due to absence of job promotion and career advancement.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
poor career advancement
most coworkers easy to get along with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 18, 2017
work was very fast paced and multitasking a must. I learned more organizational skills to make multitasking easier. Management was great with the local managers, but when the corporate managers came in, it seemed there was a lot of gossiping and backstabbing as well as a high rate of turn over. Over all, the workplace culture was a typical office with a rapid work pace. The hardest part of the job was getting some patients to keep their appointments instead of constantly rescheduling. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients and helping them to get the assistance needed.
Pros
great schedule, good communication between coworkers to make sure patients needs are met
Cons
management either liked you or used other coworkers to dig for a reason to get rid of you.
No balance - don't train
Medical receptionist (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHSeptember 1, 2017
I was trained for 2 days , then worked by myself. I have never had anyone explain procedures. I've just tried to figure it all out. Told me it would be 25-27 hrs a week. I work 15 hrs a week. Very strange rules. No one to answer phone that must be answered by 3rd ring this in turn never lets me go to the restroom during my shift. When I worked an 8 hr shift - no lunch break or bathroom break.
Pros
Cons
Everything - no breaks no bathroom use
Methadone clinic
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 17, 2017
Intake was fast paced. Clients were in various states of addition and mental health decompensation. Work was very rewarding on one hand and very stressful on the other.
Pros
5 am to 2 pm Monday thru Friday
Cons
Tragic nature of the business
A conveniently located mental health center suited for experienced and independent clinicians.
Psychotherapist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 19, 2017
My work at the
Center for Behavioral Health is mostly influenced by my self-motivation and diligence in reaching out to and providing skilled mental health services to the client population. Since the clinicians work independently, it is most appropriate for therapists who have significant prior experience.
Pros
Convenience, ability to set own schedule.
Cons
Fee for service, that is there are no benefits.
Like helping others in this clinic.
Temporary Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 26, 2017
It's fun to visit with all the patients each day. There's always something new in all their lives. Enjoy them all. I don't like the early hours and there's no chance for advancements.
Pros
Like the patients
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Typical day
Pysch tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2017
Very high speed with daily patients routine and med pass. Also thinking and planning activity groups for daily learning and goals to do better. As well as cooking meals.
Pros
very fast speed
Cons
daily choices
Good opportunity to help people.
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INApril 4, 2017
Good opportunity to help people. Budgets and money is tight. Salary is average, but benefits are good. High turnover in some areas. Good colleagues.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
avearge pay
Biased, Discriminatory, Gossip Queens.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 29, 2016
This place is very unprofessional. Their mission is not to help patients, their mission is about MONEY. They treat their staff terrible and the nurses are lazy and are very biased. The nurses are very "clicky" and do a lot of whispering. The management is very very unprofessional and treat their staff very poorly.
Pros
Off by 1
Cons
unprofessional, biased, money hungry, clicky nurses.
A huge joke
Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2016
Let me start by saying that the job may be rewarding in that you help people or at least try to help people. The pay is good. I learned more about shady workers and a manager who seems to pick favorites. I guess they worked hard. I may not have been a good “fit” for the position. I was told this on my last day. However, the support is nothing. They do not believe in second chances. I understand this is an internship. But that does not mean you can push aside any decent human being you have inside of you. I guess that is mush. I was told what my mistakes were rather than how to better myself if another opportunity arose again. No support no respect. Having a piece of paper with your name on a door leading to a desk does not classify a job as worthy. It seemed like I had more enemies than friends. They did not care about me. Well, they do not have to since that is not in their job description. Best part of the job was clocking out and leaving.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
No support, no respect
I love it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2016
You get in a routine. There are good and bad days like any place. The clients are all very diverse and their personalities surely show it. The staff is great. It's a very fun working environment. You are off so early during the day, and have plenty of time to do things after work, or work a second job.
Pros
Off by 1pm!, paid holidays, paid time off starting after 90 days
Cons
Staff changes out frequently
Good Atmosphere
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 28, 2016
Center for Behavioral Health Services is a small staff of 11, which was very client oriented. I enjoyed the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Work schedule & Holidays
Cons
location
Very Lazy invested nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 1, 2016
They are looking for nurses to work non-stop while they have their windows closed to do other nursing duties but while doing that can eat their lunch in peace, chat among each other, shop online and get on facebook while the other nurses are working and getting no help.

The pay is $17.50 and so not worth what you do. The training is poor and DON does not stand up for her nurses. There are so much more rewarding and fulfilling jobs out there better than here.

Benefits cost you an arm and leg and is only medical and dental.
Pros
off by 12:45pm
Cons
poor pay, work short staffed, poor training, bad attitudes
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2016
Owners are only concerned with their bottom line. Facility is dirty. One of the doctors lost his license in other states due to inappropriately touching patients.
Pros
Off by noon.
Cons
Short staffed. LOW compensation. Poorly trained managers.
Working with patients is enjoyable ,sometimes the culture takes away from the job
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 14, 2016
Direct management at this location struggles with handling cross generational management. This can create a less than enjoyable culture to work in at times. The job itself is very rewarding though.
somewhat unprofessional
LPN (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIDecember 26, 2015
Dispensed methadone to patients.
Ensured accountability of medication.
Assisted with screening of clients.
Worked with counselors regarding clients.
Fast paced, great experience, but poor management
Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2015
Early hours 5-noon
Many responsibilities outside of job description
Great co-workers and clinical supervisors
Management micromanages and likes to hand out responsibilities-- not helpful.
The paperwork is intense, this position should be entitled "Case Management" as there is more paperwork than actual counseling.
Pros
Fair wage for starting in the field, the other counselors are welcoming
Cons
paperwork is majority of job, not counseling.
learned management techniques
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2015
conducted chart audits
counseling sessions with patients
learned about medicated assisted treatment
managed counselors
worked with different agencies within the community
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
being middle management can be difficult at times
Client centered planning with an emphasis on enabling, focused on profit.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2015
Work begins prior to 5am and you are finished meeting with clients at 12:30pm, which is nice if you have children or have errands to run (be ready to be in bed by 9pm) You will work one weekend a month (this is actually split, so you work Sunday, then normal work week with one day off and then Saturday). Micro-management and attempts to force people to act outside their field of practice. An example: Asking counselors to conduct urine drug screen observation and obtaining without training (when nursing staff is present and fully staffed, they simply would not stop playing on their cell phone). (This happens on a daily basis, regardless of company policy - no cell phone use due to confidential nature of the job). Do not plan on getting an uninterrupted lunch. You are expected to drop whatever you are doing to meet with clients, including supervision, eating, staff meetings or another appointment with other clients, if the clients are verbal or attempt to complain be prepared to be reprimanded by management.

Co-workers were the best part of this experience due to the nature of the job and the environment that is fostered by poor management. On the upside, the clients that are at CBH that want help will work hard to better themselves and genuinely make progress. On the other hand, the clients that are there and continue illicit use, do so without fear of any consequences as long as they can pay the weekly fee to remain at the clinic.

I genuinely loved working with my clients, however it was extremely clear that management had no concern regarding the treatment and
  more... safety of the counselors employed there. A bomb threat was called in to the clinic (staff did not notify authorities, management laugh and stated "they are just unstable". An anonymous type was placed with local authorities who evacuated the building. After which several counselors were reprimanded in a staff meeting for vocalizing concerns regarding their safety.

That being said, harm reduction can be life changing for some and I believe that under the right management and any accountability this would be a great place to work. Unfortunately, this is not the case.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No lunch breaks, poor management, high caseloads, and safety concerns.